Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to make of Bradley vs Marquez testing ordeal?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
checkleft
Bradley and Marquez have been going back and forth through the media about which testing agency they are gonna use. Bradley want usada and threatened to drop out of the contest if he was not complied with. Marquez says he's never tested dirty and wants vada probably because heredia and conte have a past and he would rather not get involved with conte. Now they say both are in the contract but would Bradley seriously drop out of this fight? He is not the guy that pulls the crowd here and as marquez said, Juan does not need this fight. He is 38 coming off one of the biggest wins you can have in the sport besides maybe knocking out Floyd or a klitchko.

Is this all a rouse, Bradley just puffing his chest or playing mind games? Or would he seriously drop out of one of the biggest fights of his career?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 3 2013, 11:40 AM) *
Bradley and Marquez have been going back and forth through the media about which testing agency they are gonna use. Bradley want usada and threatened to drop out of the contest if he was not complied with. Marquez says he's never tested dirty and wants vada probably because heredia and conte have a past and he would rather not get involved with conte. Now they say both are in the contract but would Bradley seriously drop out of this fight? He is not the guy that pulls the crowd here and as marquez said, Juan does not need this fight. He is 38 coming off one of the biggest wins you can have in the sport besides maybe knocking out Floyd or a klitchko.

Is this all a rouse, Bradley just puffing his chest or playing mind games? Or would he seriously drop out of one of the biggest fights of his career?

Well, he did refuse to sign the contract to fight the biggest $$$ fight, pre-Pac, in Amir Khan. IN short, it wouldnt' surprise me one bit.

Cshel86
Translation for all of this back and fourth between Timmy and Juan: "Ay! Ay! Yeah you over there...look at us PLEASE! Our fight is in October, and most fans haven't given a gram of a fuck". *shoots flares*
mgrover
both organizations are dirty as fuck, one helped Lance Armstrong cheat for so long, and am sure once he stopped making "donations" if when they decided to really go after him, and VADA, well its Victor Conte ladies and gentlemen.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2013, 02:11 PM) *
both organizations are dirty as fuck, one helped Lance Armstrong cheat for so long, and am sure once he stopped making "donations" if when they decided to really go after him, and VADA, well its Victor Conte ladies and gentlemen.

Was that USADA or the CUI that Lance paid to have those test suppressed? I thought it was CUI.
mgrover
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 3 2013, 07:38 PM) *
Was that USADA or the CUI that Lance paid to have those test suppressed? I thought it was CUI.

who knows anymore, but all I know is that if UCI wanted to suppress these tests they'd have to go through USADA
Cheesey1
I agree with CShel that this is probably just to get some attention.

Re. the USADA supposedly being complicit in Armstrong's douchebaggery, with the amount of court time and legal discovery that the Armstrong saga has involved and nothing concrete about the USADA coming to light, the continued questions about the credibility of the USADA seem very flat to me.
If there was any substance to the allegations and with Armstrong being all about self preservation I don't see why he wouldn't take them down with hm.
VADA also seems legit to me. Although if I had to pick, their ties to TR might make me a bit more thorough with my review of their protocols.
mrchitown
Maybe it's just hype or maybe Bradley and his team really don't like the way the promotion is being ran so laid back like it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out not the fight but it could be just smoke because no one's paying attention to at the moment
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 3 2013, 08:40 AM) *

If testing was a problem the Bradley should of never signed the contract. This is bullshit to me. Both men what to get tested, since Marquez is the A side then he should call the shots on what testing gets done. Bradley needs to stop acting like a punk. If he beats Marquez then he can start being the shot caller, as for now, he should do what needs to be done to make this fight.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 3 2013, 10:26 PM) *
If testing was a problem the Bradley should of never signed the contract. This is bullshit to me. Both men what to get tested, since Marquez is the A side then he should call the shots on what testing gets done. Bradley needs to stop acting like a punk. If he beats Marquez then he can start being the shot caller, as for now, he should do what needs to be done to make this fight.

thats the issue right there, testing isn't about who is the more popular fighter, it should be about a clean sport...
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2013, 06:02 PM) *
thats the issue right there, testing isn't about who is the more popular fighter, it should be about a clean sport...

Shhhh....dont say that too loud MG...wouldn't wanna sound like you're speaking the truth. You know how touchy boxing "fans" can be when people speak the truth.

laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:27 PM) *
Shhhh....dont say that too loud MG...wouldn't wanna sound like you're speaking the truth. You know how touchy boxing "fans" can be when people speak the truth.

laugh.gif

ah shit what have I done laugh.gif
jtiizzle
Why is this a big deal though? Marquez suspect brah
MaxPayne
At first, I was ready to pounce on Bradley, but then I realized that there was a contractual stipulation about USADA / VADA testing that is basically being breached by...well, who else ? Bob Fucking Arum.

I support Bradley in sticking to his guns. If it's in the contract that was signed and executed by both parties, then it needs to be honored.

I'm waiting for the day Arum dies (and I hope he dies slow, and in a lot of pain).

I'll be throwing the biggest block party since Dave Chappelle.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 4 2013, 06:41 AM) *
At first, I was ready to pounce on Bradley, but then I realized that there was a contractual stipulation about USADA / VADA testing that is basically being breached by...well, who else ? Bob Fucking Arum.

I support Bradley in sticking to his guns. If it's in the contract that was signed and executed by both parties, then it needs to be honored.

I'm waiting for the day Arum dies (and I hope he dies slow, and in a lot of pain).

I'll be throwing the biggest block party since Dave Chappelle.

Hah!! That was just wrong.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Both agencies do extra testing correct? People find fault with both of their procedures, so no one is going to be happy about whether its one or the other. My point was no one has a problem with testing, its who is doing the testing that is the problem. To me this is a power move. Since Marquez is the popular fighter and the A side the tie goes to Marquez. I think testing is very important but what Bradley is doing is a diva move.
checkleft
Let's get hypothetical now. The contract stipulates both companies do the testing am I right? So what IF one company finds something dirty in one of the tests and the other doesn't? Then what? This is sort of why im confused as to why they need both to do the tests
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 4 2013, 06:21 PM) *
Let's get hypothetical now. The contract stipulates both companies do the testing am I right? So what IF one company finds something dirty in one of the tests and the other doesn't? Then what? This is sort of why im confused as to why they need both to do the tests

From my understandin', the contract says VADA/USADA is doin' the testin'...meanin' it's 1 or the other, not both. In that article, it says Marquez prefers USADA testin'.

mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 4 2013, 08:47 PM) *
Both agencies do extra testing correct? People find fault with both of their procedures, so no one is going to be happy about whether its one or the other. My point was no one has a problem with testing, its who is doing the testing that is the problem. To me this is a power move. Since Marquez is the popular fighter and the A side the tie goes to Marquez. I think testing is very important but what Bradley is doing is a diva move.

its weird as fuck, because Bradley just seems to want testing by either of them, he doesn't care who, he just wants testing done by either according to this

http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-marquez...-walk-away--679

at the same time why does Marquez really care?
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 5 2013, 12:29 AM) *
its weird as fuck, because Bradley just seems to want testing by either of them, he doesn't care who, he just wants testing done by either according to this

http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-marquez...-walk-away--679

at the same time why does Marquez really care?

Bro, that is what I am saying. They both agreed to testing. That was one of the defining elements in getting the fight made. They both agreed. When I heard this I had to shake my head because I didn't know what to think. People have accused USADA of hiding three failed drug test for Floyd, they been accused of hiding failed test for certain athletes as well. They also have been accused of favoring certain athletes. VADA has been accused of the same thing. So I don't understand. Both agencies are at fault in some people's eyes, but if Marquez favors one and he is the A side then the tie goes to Marquez.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 04:31 PM) *
Bro, that is what I am saying. They both agreed to testing. That was one of the defining elements in getting the fight made. They both agreed. When I heard this I had to shake my head because I didn't know what to think. People have accused USADA of hiding three failed drug test for Floyd, they been accused of hiding failed test for certain athletes as well. They also have been accused of favoring certain athletes. VADA has been accused of the same thing. So I don't understand. Both agencies are at fault in some people's eyes, but if Marquez favors one and he is the A side then the tie goes to Marquez.

It still shouldn't come down to Marquez favoring one, because then it favors one fighter. I understand that it might not, but because of that it might
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 5 2013, 10:50 AM) *
It still shouldn't come down to Marquez favoring one, because then it favors one fighter. I understand that it might not, but because of that it might

True, but look at Mayweather. His opponents have no choice but to take the test that he wants. There is no negotiations when it comes to that. Either you take the test that I am taking or there is no fight. Go back to JMM and Bradley. Bradley is not the A side fighter. Now until we can prove that VADA and USADA has shitty test and they favorite certain athletes then we have to say they are both good testing facilities. Since JMM is the A side fighter, if he wants VADA to do the testing, there it is. Does it suck? Yes, but this is a business full of egos and there is the base of all this melodrama.
mrchitown
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-bradley-ma...resolved--68407

Speak on it, what do you think of this?
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2013, 01:48 PM) *

this muhfucka is a lawyer. let's not forget that. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 01:06 PM) *
this muhfucka is a lawyer. let's not forget that. laugh.gif

I'm not even fighting and this really pisses me off, this was his plan all along it seems. Shit aint right man
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2013, 07:32 PM) *
I'm not even fighting and this really pisses me off, this was his plan all along it seems. Shit aint right man

bradley is a grown man that chose his own path. he should have educated himself on bob arum before he signed with the devil.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 03:36 PM) *
bradley is a grown man that chose his own path. he should have educated himself on bob arum before he signed with the devil.

Bradley is going to leave TR when his contract is up. This is the biggest "Boy, you do what I want you to do"
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 06:36 PM) *

You ain't lying about that. He's getting the short end of the stick and it might be that way for a while.

Anybody know how long he locked into his contract with TR?
MaxPayne
Bob Arum has never lived an honest day in his life.

He also knows that Bradley wouldn't be stupid enough to commit career suicide by not taking this fight.

He "won" a howler of a fight against Pacman that actually lost him fans and made people look at him negatively, given that he had the temerity to actually BELIEVE that he won a fight where he got that ass whooped.

Then, he lost years of his boxing longevity against Provodnikov by going Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots for 12 rounds.

If you're NOT going to take a big payday against one of the hottest names in boxing, then you're an idiot and all that hard work was for nothing.

I'm not comfortable at all with any "measure" that Arum comes up with. I also believe that JMM is juicing. He's just using designer steroids that can beat the system.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this fight.
HyyerBlaze
If JMM is not on the juice Bradley wins this fight
Dolimite
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 7 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Bob Arum has never lived an honest day in his life.

He also knows that Bradley wouldn't be stupid enough to commit career suicide by not taking this fight.

He "won" a howler of a fight against Pacman that actually lost him fans and made people look at him negatively, given that he had the temerity to actually BELIEVE that he won a fight where he got that ass whooped.

Then, he lost years of his boxing longevity against Provodnikov by going Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots for 12 rounds.

If you're NOT going to take a big payday against one of the hottest names in boxing, then you're an idiot and all that hard work was for nothing.

I'm not comfortable at all with any "measure" that Arum comes up with. I also believe that JMM is juicing. He's just using designer steroids that can beat the system.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this fight.

Do you think Pac juiced? You can't accuse Marquez of juicing with no proof. The dude worked his ass off. Why can't we just not be so cynical when someone bust their ass to achieve a great accomplishment. When Manny got iced, all of a sudden Marquez was juicing. Its bullshit.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 8 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Do you think Pac juiced? You can't accuse Marquez of juicing with no proof. The dude worked his ass off. Why can't we just not be so cynical when someone bust their ass to achieve a great accomplishment. When Manny got iced, all of a sudden Marquez was juicing. Its bullshit.

if you look at his training regimen in the past...i.e. throwing rocks off the side of a hill, drinking quail eggs and piss....compared to what he was doing with memo...very intense movement specific weight lifting and just implementing a better diet with a better understanding of nutrition....it's night and day in comparison. so naturally...his body is going to respond to the techniques meant to shock his muscles and make them more responsive. add that to the fact that he had every intention of ending the fight by ko and not leaving it to the judges. there was no boxing...moving around and being elusive. he was sitting on his punches and swinging with intention. to say he got that ko because 'he was juicing' is a serious misunderstanding or total lack of understanding of the sweet science.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 12:13 PM) *
if you look at his training regimen in the past...i.e. throwing rocks off the side of a hill, drinking quail eggs and piss....compared to what he was doing with memo...very intense movement specific weight lifting and just implementing a better diet with a better understanding of nutrition....it's night and day in comparison. so naturally...his body is going to respond to the techniques meant to shock his muscles and make them more responsive. add that to the fact that he had every intention of ending the fight by ko and not leaving it to the judges. there was no boxing...moving around and being elusive. he was sitting on his punches and swinging with intention. to say he got that ko because 'he was juicing' is a serious misunderstanding or total lack of understanding of the sweet science.

tell MaxPayne this! I hate when people openly accuse someone of juicing without looking at the bigger picture. Marquez did not carry his speed with him when he moved up to 147. His body looked perfectly natural. I am still waiting for Roach to kiss JMM ass.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 8 2013, 04:20 PM) *
tell MaxPayne this! I hate when people openly accuse someone of juicing without looking at the bigger picture. Marquez did not carry his speed with him when he moved up to 147. His body looked perfectly natural. I am still waiting for Roach to kiss JMM ass.

i replied to your post...but he was the intended target. laugh.gif
jazz
Bradley is not going to pull out of the fight because he would sit on the shelf with no fight if he did. He cannot live on the money he made from the Pacquaio fight forever. Whenever an agency like VADA or USADA conducts testing, the promoter has to pay for it. What I think happened is that Bob Arum does not want to pay 10s of thousands of dollars for drug testing because it will cut into his profits so he made up this bullshit about the NSAC doing the tests because it won't cost him anything or won't cost as much. Bradley needs to realize that when he signed with Bob Arum, he made a deal with the devil and now he has to pay. If he refuses to fight, he will be off for another year before he is offered a fight (his only option) with a stiff for one-third of the money he is making to fight Marquez. Arum has him by the short hairs. That is the price he paid for getting the Pacquaio fight. He should use some common sense and realize there is a reason why Floyd Mayweather left Arum and has not worked with Arum since he left him.
Hotsauce
mind games
Cshel86

Dafuck these dudes been eatin'???

no2.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 12 2013, 11:26 AM) *

no2.gif

These pictures are from a while ago but I thought the same thing!! Bradley blew up!
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 12 2013, 08:26 AM) *

no2.gif

Bradley has been eating ribs and chitlins and Marquez has been drinking high calorie piss.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 03:13 PM) *

Preach
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 12 2013, 02:42 PM) *
Bradley has been eating ribs and chitlins and Marquez has been drinking high calorie piss.

wouldn't blame him, the dude goes vegan like me. But he only does it in camp
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Preach

wouldn't blame him, the dude goes vegan like me. But he only does it in camp

Are you straight Vegan? I am vegetarian but that is about to change. My eating habits usually change when my girl is pregnant. It is going to be hell on my body but I will make the sacrifice.
checkleft
Yea. It's tough on the body at first but you definitely feel the difference in energy after, some people make it out to be worse than it really is.

And I could definitely relate to what Bradley said about it giving you an edge mentally, i see people sucking air in the 4th qtr and I'm ready to run a whole other game. It can take some athletes to a whole other level
mrchitown
My cousin is a vegan, she's been one ever since I was younger she loves it. Me I would never say never to doing it. But I don't do it because I don't feel it's necessary to do so for me. I don't eat the stuff that most people eat, stuff like pizza, eating junk food Luke chips and candy, I don't even eat ice cream or drink pop

And I've been that way since high school
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Yea. It's tough on the body at first but you definitely feel the difference in energy after, some people make it out to be worse than it really is.

And I could definitely relate to what Bradley said about it giving you an edge mentally, i see people sucking air in the 4th qtr and I'm ready to run a whole other game. It can take some athletes to a whole other level

i did it for 3 yrs. started off good...dropped weight...definitely felt the mental clarity...then i started eating to many carbs and it all went to shit.

btw...stay away from soy. that shit is not good for men.
The Original MrFactor
I am very interested in this fight. After Canelo/Mayweather, this is the biggest fight of the year. I've been interested in this one for years. I do think that Marquez is dirty these days. I think he got tired of losing the the ultimate juicer and started juicing himself to get that edge over Pacquiao. I'm not sure which org is better usada or vada, but there should be some form of testing wherever Marquez fights. I saw the transformation... He knows he's dirty...
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 04:25 PM) *

I tried the raw food diet for six months, I work by Santa Monica and they have a bunch of raw food stores and restaurants but it drained me. I was constantly eating and the worse thing that happens is when I got food poison eating a raw pizza. My body went into shock. My doctor told me I lost too much weight too fast, I looked anorexic. It was terrible. I had to switch back to vegetarian, I included fish and chicken in my diet just to gain the weight back. I even lost muscle weight. It was a weird experience.

Chi you don't eat ice cream? And you call yourself an American!
Franchize
I was going to discuss how I give Marquez's excuse a pass because his concerns about USADA are legitimate. Then I saw that pic CShel posted and completely forgot everything I wanted to saw. I never thought I'd say it about, what I thought was, one of the hardest working fighters in boxing. I'm beginning to think Tim Bradley is over boxing. I don't know if it's that he got his big shot vs Manny and now he really doesn't give a fuck anymore. Maybe he's just way too comfortable and isn't hungry. OR Maybe he's suffering from Oliver McCall syndrome (not the drugs part) where he's so distraught that he didn't get the respect he deserved after upsetting a fan favorite. Either way, this is now the second fight in which Tim Bradley is looking incredibly fat before training camp. The last time, it almost got him knocked what is known as..."the fuck out". I was never a Bradley fan but I always gave him much credit for his tireless dedication to the sport. I know fighters blow up in between fight but I thought Tim was better than that. That picture is disheartening.
mgrover
I've always liked my junk food, but I always made sure I exercise enough to make sure I burn it off, so can't complain really. Recently I've cleaned up my act more, more rice, more chicken, more red meat, less pizza, burgers and chips.
Cshel86
These dudes have been chuggin' mad soda nuggets

no2.gif

The only thing that I cant give up, is pizza. If the doctor EVER told me that couldn't eat pizza, I'd quickly tell him, "F*ck you, I need a second opinion". Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 04:30 AM) *
I tried the raw food diet for six months, I work by Santa Monica and they have a bunch of raw food stores and restaurants but it drained me. I was constantly eating and the worse thing that happens is when I got food poison eating a raw pizza. My body went into shock. My doctor told me I lost too much weight too fast, I looked anorexic. It was terrible. I had to switch back to vegetarian, I included fish and chicken in my diet just to gain the weight back. I even lost muscle weight. It was a weird experience.

Chi you don't eat ice cream? And you call yourself an American!

I have had it buy all the latest stuff I named in my previous post like pizza. And ice cream and chips, I gave it up in 98. My coaches were telling me what it does to the body and how it affects an athlete. As a sprinter, there was no way I could keep doing it. It wasn't even that hard, it's second nature to me now. My girl loves chocolate, sometimes I throw the stuff away or I give it to my daughter. I'm trying to get her to buy into my way of doing things but as usual she's resisting the change
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.