Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBC Sports@10:30PM(EST)/7:30PM(PST): Adamek/Guinn, Stevens/Roman SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
For all the action and post-fight reactions to Adamek/Quinn and Stevens/Roman. Keep all action in this thread.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 09:49 PM) *
For all the action and post-fight reactions to Adamek/Quinn and Stevens/Roman. Keep all action in this thread.

Interested in seeing how Chambers looks as a cruiserweight and also after being away from the ring for a year. I think I know his opponent. If it's the same guy then he's strong, possibly dangerous, but wet behind the ears. Might be a decent test for Fast Eddie.
Cheesey1
Yup, it's the same guy. Bit short though. Let's see...
Cshel86
Eddie's still fat!

laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Idiots in the audience again.

Impressed by Mchunu's discipline.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 10:47 PM) *
Eddie's still fat!

laugh.gif

I thought it was Fast Eddie Chambers, not Fat Eddie Chambers...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2013, 10:49 PM) *
I thought it was Fast Eddie Chambers, not Fat Eddie Chambers...

Lmao! Right

His ass is in there getting outworked and taking these long ass periods of time to reset...like he's training with Virgil Hunter or somethin. Lol
Cshel86
South Africa's waiting for Chambers to pull back with his hands down, so he can land that straight left. Fat Eddie better tighten up...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Lmao! Right

His ass is in there getting outworked and taking these long ass periods of time to reset...like he's training with Virgil Hunter or somethin. Lol

Hah!

If Mchunu wins tonight then he should be considered a true prospect at cruiserweight. Ain't over yet, but Chambers has a lot of work to do.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2013, 10:58 PM) *
Hah!

If Mchunu wins tonight then he should be considered a true prospect at cruiserweight. Ain't over yet, but Chambers has a lot of work to do.

Yes he does have some heavy lifting to do. Mchunu is on his back foot and Chambers cant even land his jab properly, so Im guessing that Mchunu is waiting for Chambers to lean in, so he can catch him.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:02 PM) *
Yes he does have some heavy lifting to do. Mchunu is on his back foot and Chambers cant even land his jab properly, so Im guessing that Mchunu is waiting for Chambers to lean in, so he can catch him.

I think Mchunu's movement is very compact and deceiving, so even though he's on the backfoot, he isn't standing still / a sitting duck.
Cshel86
Eddie cant get shit off, and the 8th round is closing. Wow...

Lil Taye Diggs is whoopin' up on Eddie, when he throws...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:13 PM) *
Eddie cant get shit off, and the 8th round is closing. Wow...

Lil Taye Diggs is whoopin' up on Eddie, when he throws...

I'm surprised too. Tough opponent for Eddie's first match at cruiserweight.
Cshel86
^^^

You aint lyin'!

This shit is reminding me of Rios/Abril...I believe Eddie will get rounds, JUST for walking in. Let's not forget that this is Mchunu's first fight in the U.S.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:17 PM) *
^^^

You aint lyin'!

This shit is reminding me of Rios/Abril...I believe Eddie will get rounds, JUST for walking in. Let's not forget that this is Mchunu's first fight in the U.S.

Yeah man, the scores...who knows.

That Lil Taye Diggs comment was funny. As short as Taye Diggs is, the real 'Lil Taye Diggs' is either a 10 year old, or a midget.
Cshel86
I dont like how many punches Eddie 'THREW"...seems fishy...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:23 PM) *
I dont like how many punches Eddie 'THREW"...seems fishy...

Hahah! You're always expecting some crooked stuff.

In Eddie's defence, after being away from the ring for a year, it's always hard to time properly. A serious problem against someone with good movement and the ability to make you pay.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:27 PM) *
Hahah! You're always expecting some crooked stuff.

In Eddie's defence, after being away from the ring for a year, it's always hard to time properly. Always a problem against someone with good movement and the ability to make you pay.

I agree

I just don't like to see how much a guy "threw", though they didn't hardly land anything. That's just like giving a student a "D", just because they showed up for class everyday...even though they didn't do anything substantial.

The whole stalking an opponent and not landing anything, usually goes the wrong way, when they true winner of the fight, is an unknown (read: unmarketable) fighter.
mrchitown
Feel bad for Eddie, I've been a fan of his for a while. He's just can't catch a break. Got to give credit to his opponent though, he out worked Eddie and had Eddie fighting his fight all night
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:30 PM) *
I agree

I just don't like to see how much a guy "threw", though they didn't hardly land anything. That's just like giving a student a "D", just because they showed up for class everyday...even though they didn't do anything substantial.

The whole stalking an opponent and not landing anything, usually goes the wrong way, when they true winner of the fight, is an unknown (read: unmarketable) fighter.

Yup, stopped paying attention to punch stats a long time ago.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Feel bad for Eddie, I've been a fan of his for a while. He's just can't catch a break. Got to give credit to his opponent though, he out worked Eddie and had Eddie fighting his fight all night

Same here. Hopefully Main Events gets Eddie back in the ring soon. Keeping an eye on Mchunu.
Cshel86
I used to be a Guinn fan back in '03 and '04, then he just fell off the face of the Earth, it seemed.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Same here. Hopefully Main Events gets Eddie back in the ring soon. Keeping an eye on Mchunu.

He reminds me of Jerry Quarry who I'm very fond of. I say that because it just seems like the luck of the draw isn't on Chambers side just like it wasn't for Quarry

Eddie lost when he fought for the HW title, got cheated imo against Adamek when he basically schooled him with one good arm, quarry just competed in the wrong era for HW's lol. He'd a been a champ in any other era in my view
mrchitown
Dominic is nailing Adamek with the right constantly
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 11:47 PM) *
He reminds me of Jerry Quarry who I'm very fond of. I say that because it just seems like the luck of the draw isn't on Chambers side just like it wasn't for Quarry

Eddie lost when he fought for the HW title, got cheated imo against Adamek when he basically schooled him with one good arm, quarry just competed in the wrong era for HW's lol. He'd a been a champ in any other era in my view

Speaking of Adamek, he'll probably get a gift tonight too. That headbutt looked questionable (I sound like CShel now...)
Cshel86
Adamek and his head...

Yeah I went there...weird ass coincidence dammit! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
If Guinn was more active, different story. Even his jab was looking very effective, when it appeared. Adamek doing what he needs to do.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2013, 10:51 PM) *
Speaking of Adamek, he'll probably get a gift tonight too. That headbutt looked questionable (I sound like CShel now...)

That headbutt was suspect. Adamek doesn't have it at heavyweight. He only looked good against Areola and thats it as far as him at heavyweight. He done got gift after gift since he's moved up
Cshel86
Man, my girl is lying here sleep and she happened to hurt her knee while running yesterday. Am I a selfish jerk for wanting some ass tonight, but wondering if she can do anything??? Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 11:47 PM) *

Chambers loss to Klitschko, might have been inevitable, although sometimes I think that he could've made it through and won on points if he'd just been a bit smarter.
Eddie was definitely robbed against Adamek.

I was literally a baby when Jerry Quarry was boxing.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 4 2013, 12:06 AM) *
Man, my girl is lying here sleep and she happened to hurt her knee while running yesterday. Am I a selfish jerk for wanting some ass tonight, but wondering if she can do anything??? Lol

Nope. Not selfish at all.
Cshel86
Guinn is gonna end up getting stopped, because he cant see. Guinn's eye is looking like Angulo's eye a couple of months ago no2.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 4 2013, 12:08 AM) *
Nope. Not selfish at all.

Just checking...

I mean shit, her knee is wrapped up and all...I gotta do some McGyver stuff tonight. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 4 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Just checking...

I mean shit, her knee is wrapped up and all...I gotta do some McGyver stuff tonight. Lol

Wrapped up? Hahahah. MCGyver indeed.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:07 PM) *
Chambers loss to Klitschko, might have been inevitable, although sometimes I think that he could've made it through and won on points if he'd just been a bit smarter.
Eddie was definitely robbed against Adamek.

I was literally a baby when Jerry Quarry was boxing.

I wasn't even born when he was fighting. I had just saw tapes of him in against Ali, Frazier and a few others and he was good imo so I did as much research on him as I could and I really am a fan of his

He could've best Klitschko if he would've adjusted a few things. I don't think he showed up mentally that night
Cshel86
Did Adamek just say that he was "fucked up" last time, when he fought Vitali??? LOL
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:06 PM) *

No!

My girl tries that on me sometimes. "I'm sore, I was at the Gym"...and i just be like da fuck that got to do with me. lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 4 2013, 12:24 AM) *
No!

My girl tries that on me sometimes. "I'm sore, I was at the Gym"...and i just be like da fuck that got to do with me. lol

laugh.gif

My thoughts exactly! Im not a selfish dude during sex, but we gotta get there first. Lol

mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:27 PM) *
laugh.gif

My thoughts exactly! Im not a selfish dude during sex, but we gotta get there first. Lol

My girl said she was going to watch the card with me but she in the living room watching whatever. But she know when this goes off I'm going off laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 4 2013, 12:28 AM) *
My girl said she was going to watch the card with me but she in the living room watching whatever. But she know when this goes off I'm going off laugh.gif

Glad she even considered watching it with you. This one came from a cookout and doing all the shit that she wanted to do today....but she comes here and says that she's tired. No way in hell I was gonna go to sleep, and I haven't done what I wanted to do today. Lol

Screw it, she has to stick it out with me. I didn't even really wanna watch this card, but my time wont be monopolized this evening!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2013, 11:33 PM) *
Glad she even considered watching it with you. This one came from a cookout and doing all the shit that she wanted to do today....but she comes here and says that she's tired. No way in hell I was gonna go to sleep, and I haven't done what I wanted to do today. Lol

Screw it, she has to stick it out with me. I didn't even really wanna watch this card, but my time wont be monopolized this evening!

I didn't even know it was a fight tonight, I read something about weights for the fight and I didn't know it was tonight, I thought it was next week. It's Boxing so I'll take it

Stevenson better put on a show
Cheesey1
Curtis Stevens, trying to make a name for himself. Will he?
Cshel86
Stevenson's beard makes ME feel like I need to shave. Lol

These Easter colors that he's rockin' aren't that bad though, lol.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 4 2013, 12:35 AM) *
I didn't even know it was a fight tonight, I read something about weights for the fight and I didn't know it was tonight, I thought it was next week. It's Boxing so I'll take it

Stevenson better put on a show

He is. I liked to see he went to the body as well when Roman was hurt earlier.
mrchitown
Stevenson is going for the kill early
Cshel86
DAMN!!!
mrchitown
Daaaamn, he knocked the hell out of that riff raff look alike
Cshel86
Roman is OUT!
Cheesey1
I'll still watch Chambers' next bout, but the stars of today were Curtis Stevens and Thabiso Mchunu. Definitely watching their future matches.
mrchitown
Stevens really feeling himself right now. That Brooklyn is really coming out in this post fight interview laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.