Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rios and Pacquiao on ESPN's First Take
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
First off: as usual the entire interview was focused on Floyd Mayweather which actually sucked. Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless kept asking Rios who would win between Manny and Floyd. Rios gave his reasons for why Floyd would win. Manny said it would be Floyd running the entire fight. Then Stephen A. Smith asked when did Floyd ever run? Rios chimed in and gave a good analysis on Floyd's ring technique. The highlight of the interview happen in two settings: When Rios and Pac were first introduced Stephen A. Smith asked Manny was he okay (In a Michael Jackson (RIP) Smooth Criminal type of way). Manny looked uncomfortable the entire time. Stephen A. Smith kept grilling him. Skip Bayless can only say that Manny had punching power that Floyd could ever dream of. Then Skip asked Rios when was the last time Floyd hurt someone. Rios said it didn't matter if he hurt anyone as long as he got the L. Again a pointless fucking interview.

The second highlight came when Rios was said and paraphrasing: They think I am another Margarito but I am not. I am younger and bigger. I am here to stop the Mayweather Pac promotion. I thought it was great. Nice defense of himself.

Manny was getting grilled by Stephen A. Smith the entire time and it got ridiculous after awhile. I mean they are there to promote a fight not a would if Mayweather match up. This is why boxing needs real analysis. Not these two buffoons! Shit, they could of have Teddy Atlas or Fat ass Dan to ask the questions.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 11:49 AM) *
First off: as usual the entire interview was focused on Floyd Mayweather which actually sucked. Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless kept asking Rios who would win between Manny and Floyd. Rios gave his reasons for why Floyd would win. Manny said it would be Floyd running the entire fight. Then Stephen A. Smith asked when did Floyd ever run? Rios chimed in and gave a good analysis on Floyd's ring technique. The highlight of the interview happen in two settings: When Rios and Pac were first introduced Stephen A. Smith asked Manny was he okay (In a Michael Jackson (RIP) Smooth Criminal type of way). Manny looked uncomfortable the entire time. Stephen A. Smith kept grilling him. Skip Bayless can only say that Manny had punching power that Floyd could ever dream of. Then Skip asked Rios when was the last time Floyd hurt someone. Rios said it didn't matter if he hurt anyone as long as he got the L. Again a pointless fucking interview.

The second highlight came when Rios was said and paraphrasing: They think I am another Margarito but I am not. I am younger and bigger. I am here to stop the Mayweather Pac promotion. I thought it was great. Nice defense of himself.

Manny was getting grilled by Stephen A. Smith the entire time and it got ridiculous after awhile. I mean they are there to promote a fight not a would if Mayweather match up. This is why boxing needs real analysis. Not these two buffoons! Shit, they could of have Teddy Atlas or Fat ass Dan to ask the questions.

Gotta love the irrelevant boxing "segments" that cover on EPSN during the day. The most witless of all boxing "fans" happen to be in front of the television at that time, while us real fans are stuck in the dark late in the evening, when FNFs comes on. The truth NEVER seems to come to light on EPSN, when it comes to boxing...its only covered at night, when nobody's there to see.

Question, didn't they use the Pac/JMM IV platform, to bring up some old Mayweather stuff, on First Take, late last year? It's almost like Marquez wasn't even there...apparently, they did the same thing to Rios. I would've been rude as hell, has they asked me some shit about Mayweather, when I was the one getting ready to face Manny.

Let's just be real here, most of the nonsense that Manny is spewing, aren't even his words. They're coming from some other jackass on his team. At one point, Manny hardly ever spoke up (read: wasn't allowed to speak) about the whole Mayweather negotiations, fight predictions, drug tests, money split, etc...and nowadays, I wish he'd go back to not speaking about it, because the answers are worse than ever.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 5 2013, 09:48 AM) *
Gotta love the irrelevant boxing "segments" that cover on EPSN during the day. The most witless of all boxing "fans" happen to be in front of the television at that time, while us real fans are stuck in the dark late in the evening, when FNFs comes on. The truth NEVER seems to come to light on EPSN, when it comes to boxing...its only covered at night, when nobody's there to see.

Question, didn't they use the Pac/JMM IV platform, to bring up some old Mayweather stuff, on First Take, late last year? It's almost like Marquez wasn't even there...apparently, they did the same thing to Rios. I would've been rude as hell, has they asked me some shit about Mayweather, when I was the one getting ready to face Manny.

Let's just be real here, most of the nonsense that Manny is spewing, aren't even his words. They're coming from some other jackass on his team. At one point, Manny hardly ever spoke up (read: wasn't allowed to speak) about the whole Mayweather negotiations, fight predictions, drug tests, money split, etc...and nowadays, I wish he'd go back to not speaking about it, because the answers are worse than ever.

Chsel they asked about the JMM knock out a million times! Rios was sitting there looking like "when are we going to promote our fight?" It was sad. Manny was stumbling over his answers and Stephen A. was being a complete jackass. It was sickening to watch. Bayless of course was playing the part of the butthurt fan boy. it sucked!

Now when Mayweather fought Cotto and Guerrero and he went on ESPN he refused to answer any questions about Pacquiao. He actually pissed off the pundits for doing that but shit, who cares. You are go on TV to promote a fucking fight your fight and not some shit that will never happen!
bnoles4life
No disrespect, but what, exactly, do you expect from two "pundits" whom primarily cover every other sport closely EXCEPT boxing? Moreover, if you know TMZn's (ESPN...is more like TMZ) steez, you know their M.O. They're into sensationalism, not often the substance (read: objectivity). Remember the Mike Leach vs. Craig James fiasco?

As I commented on the "annoying things in boxing" thread, fans and pundits who talk slick about fighters are pressing their luck. SAS asking Manny "are you alright" in that condescending "you just GKTFOH" manner, is some stuff that would NEVER happen when the cameras aren't rolling. IMO, one of the biggest mistakes fans and pundits alike make, is believing "title dictates behavior". Meaning, b/c one is a "professional", one won't revert back to "I'll whip yo' @$$ status w/ the quickness" type of stuff. While I doubt Manny would do this, I don't put sh*t past anyone.....we've seen Manny's lil' mean streak w/ Margarito.

SAS is a blowhard and Skip isn't an opportunistic, Mr. Grinch-like MF. So, in short, this is par for the course.

S/N: You don't want Dan "Donuts" Rafael on there....b/c if he shows up to ask questions, you can best believe they'll get Arum on there as well.....and who wants to hear some "slow-talking, needing to clear his throat, not sure if he has dementia" grandpop tell only PART of a story?

Quick joke: How do you know if Arum is lying? Answer: Is his mouth open?
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 04:49 PM) *

so Rios does understand boxing ohmy.gif the way he fights I thought he'd never heard of it.
Dolimite
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 5 2013, 12:29 PM) *
No disrespect, but what, exactly, do you expect from two "pundits" whom primarily cover every other sport closely EXCEPT boxing? Moreover, if you know TMZn's (ESPN...is more like TMZ) steez, you know their M.O. They're into sensationalism, not often the substance (read: objectivity). Remember the Mike Leach vs. Craig James fiasco?

As I commented on the "annoying things in boxing" thread, fans and pundits who talk slick about fighters are pressing their luck. SAS asking Manny "are you alright" in that condescending "you just GKTFOH" manner, is some stuff that would NEVER happen when the cameras aren't rolling. IMO, one of the biggest mistakes fans and pundits alike make, is believing "title dictates behavior". Meaning, b/c one is a "professional", one won't revert back to "I'll whip yo' @$$ status w/ the quickness" type of stuff. While I doubt Manny would do this, I don't put sh*t past anyone.....we've seen Manny's lil' mean streak w/ Margarito.

SAS is a blowhard and Skip isn't an opportunistic, Mr. Grinch-like MF. So, in short, this is par for the course.

S/N: You don't want Dan "Donuts" Rafael on there....b/c if he shows up to ask questions, you can best believe they'll get Arum on there as well.....and who wants to hear some "slow-talking, needing to clear his throat, not sure if he has dementia" grandpop tell only PART of a story?

Quick joke: How do you know if Arum is lying? Answer: Is his mouth open?

Bnoles, Manny was getting heated. That nervous smile and bullshit grin he was burning up underneath it all. Rios sat there looking dumb. ESPN has no business giving boxing interviews with those two dumb asses! Skip can only say that Pac punched harder than Mayweather, and Stephen A. Smith kept saying off the wall shit, I actually wanted Manny to smack the shit out of Stephen A. Smith. These two make my head hurt.

Fat Ass Dan may not know shit about boxing outside of what Arum tells him but at least we wouldn't be getting hypothetical bullshit questions!

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 5 2013, 12:51 PM) *
so Rios does understand boxing ohmy.gif the way he fights I thought he'd never heard of it.

Rios is Rios. I can't even hate on the guy, he rocked a Clipper hat today, so I have to give him some love.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 11:49 AM) *

this is reminiscent of the time they had pac and jmm on there. they showed jmm no respect by asking all of these mayweather questions...and they're doing the same to rios. kind of makes me root for rios in a way. we all know what jmm went on to do. fuck skip and uncle ruckus.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 5 2013, 03:51 PM) *

rios admires floyd. i've already heard him using some of floyds shit in the video of him and pac in china. "hard work and dedication!!! blah,blah,blah..."

believe me, if rios could fight like floyd....he would. so would most of these guys....but they don't have the capability or understanding to do so.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 5 2013, 01:37 PM) *
this is reminiscent of the time they had pac and jmm on there. they showed jmm no respect by asking all of these mayweather questions...and they're doing the same to rios. kind of makes me root for rios in a way. we all know what jmm went on to do. fuck skip and uncle ruckus.

it was worse.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 06:39 PM) *
it was worse.

i can't be bothered by those ass clowns. unfortunately...most boxers aren't intelligent enough to put them in their place. i'm with jalen rose. fuck them.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 5 2013, 02:51 PM) *

Lmao

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Bnoles, Manny was getting heated. That nervous smile and bullshit grin he was burning up underneath it all. Rios sat there looking dumb. ESPN has no business giving boxing interviews with those two dumb asses! Skip can only say that Pac punched harder than Mayweather, and Stephen A. Smith kept saying off the wall shit, I actually wanted Manny to smack the shit out of Stephen A. Smith. These two make my head hurt.

Fat Ass Dan may not know shit about boxing outside of what Arum tells him but at least we wouldn't be getting hypothetical bullshit questions!

Rios is Rios. I can't even hate on the guy, he rocked a Clipper hat today, so I have to give him some love.

This is more of a reason to believe he's as smart as he looks lol
mrchitown
I don't give two shits about Smith and Bayless. The biggest travesty...even a bigger travesty then the fight not happening is that people will always associate Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao's names together that's the part I'm sick of. can't even speak in one without mentioning the other
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 5 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Lmao

This is more of a reason to believe he's as smart as he looks lol

True, the clippers lol, its an LA team...Ain't nothing good coming from them. Pacquiao by TKO now laugh.gif
scdrking2
That interview was about generating hype and selling this fight to the casual fans, leveraging the two names they know best. Sideshow Bob knows what he is doing. He knows hardcore fans are tuning in regardless and an ESPN interview wont sway them one way or another.
Dolimite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGJlUOK5sg

Here is the "interview", it is as tasteless as it comes.

Please drink responsibly when watching it.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 5 2013, 10:40 PM) *
rios admires floyd. i've already heard him using some of floyds shit in the video of him and pac in china. "hard work and dedication!!! blah,blah,blah..."

believe me, if rios could fight like floyd....he would. so would most of these guys....but they don't have the capability or understanding to do so.

you'd think he'd want to improve though, with lines like "I love getting hit". Says it all about his style, I mean his head movement and defence is slightly underrated in my opinion, because he's not there for every single shot, but he may as well be. He has moments were its nice head movement when in close, and then just goes crazy on his offence and gets caught, reminds of Chisora a bit.
Gambit808
I'm sorry I'm just still amazed at this fight even being made. In all fairness though, this is the sport where one shot could change everything, but SKILL-WISE Rios has no buisness being in the ring against Pacquiao. This all in all SHOULD be considered a tune up fight, in other words, a give me fight for Pacquiao rather than whatever title they dubbed it having Pac go up against a guy with less speed, power, experience at 147lbs. and BOXING ability. A year ago with this fight even being mentioned as a possibility, I said it then, and I'm saying it 2 losses with 1 by knock out now, Brandon Rios is gonna get hurt badly in this fight. If for any reason, bam bam finds himself on the winning side of this fight, it would have more to do with what Marquez did (mentally) than what he did, but even the Pacquiao that fought Marquez the last time out would demolish a fighter like Rios. I just can't see Rios being that guy doing what Cotto couldn't do, Margarito couldn't do, Hatton, Bradley (unofficially), De La Hoya, or Clottey even at this stage in Pac's career. It "boggles the mind" even more than watching Marquez having Pac catch a dirt nap. I didn't wanna go so hard with this but I feel it needs to be said. I like BR, but I feel he's in over his head with this one.
HyyerBlaze
They should rename "First Take" to "Skip Bayless Arguing With Black People"
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 5 2013, 10:32 PM) *
True, the clippers lol, its an LA team...Ain't nothing good coming from them. Pacquiao by TKO now laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 6 2013, 05:19 AM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGJlUOK5sg

Here is the "interview", it is as tasteless as it comes.

Please drink responsibly when watching it.

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Aug 6 2013, 12:07 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2013, 06:27 AM) *
you'd think he'd want to improve though, with lines like "I love getting hit". Says it all about his style, I mean his head movement and defence is slightly underrated in my opinion, because he's not there for every single shot, but he may as well be. He has moments were its nice head movement when in close, and then just goes crazy on his offence and gets caught, reminds of Chisora a bit.

there are some guys that actually like getting hit. it's like a wake up call or something that gets them going. i've always considered that foolish...but i get it. i've not seen enough of chisora to really comment on him. he looked very ordinary against malik scott...but obviously he has something because malik seemed to give him a lot of respect.
daprofessor
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Aug 6 2013, 12:07 PM) *

and the other dude yelling and getting all excited unnecessarily. calling rios..."this guy"....and even "boy" at one point seemed very disresptectful imo. i would have stopped him in his tracks with that bullshit. smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 5 2013, 10:29 PM) *
I don't give two shits about Smith and Bayless. The biggest travesty...even a bigger travesty then the fight not happening is that people will always associate Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao's names together that's the part I'm sick of. can't even speak in one without mentioning the other

when ever casual fans bring that shit up...i put it to rest immediately. i say...'have you ever seen floyd vs. gatti?' the answer is usually 'no.' then i'll pull up highlights on my phone and say....'this is what would have happened if pacquiao ever fought floyd. make no mistake about it....pacquiao has never been in floyds league, period.' they usually just sit there in awe or shut the fuck up about the fight. either way...i'm satisfied that i've educated another fan. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2013, 01:40 PM) *
when ever casual fans bring that shit up...i put it to rest immediately. i say...'have you ever seen floyd vs. gatti?' the answer is usually 'no.' then i'll pull up highlights on my phone and say....'this is what would have happened if pacquiao ever fought floyd. make no mistake about it....pacquiao has never been in floyds league, period.' they usually just sit there in awe or shut the fuck up about the fight. either way...i'm satisfied that i've educated another fan. laugh.gif

My issue is that ESPN is a major outlet for sports, they have the ears of the fans. But yet they choose to report from a casual fan angle and I get it because it brings in the dollars but when do you take a top back and assess the way your funnel in this information to the people. They taken jobs at Floyd, they've took jabs at other fighters before. But the ones who shoot these Jan's are not knowledgeable on the sport to even be speaking these things. If I don't know something my ego and my pride won't get in the way. Educate me, instead these dudes call themselves experts. Experts on what? They don't know much if anything. Smith is a disappointment to me, he had a spark when he started now he just garbage as Jay so eloquently said
Dolimite
They do not need to talk about boxing. They need to get some retired boxers let them have a 30 minute show to talk about the damn sport like ESPN Deportes. I can't stand when these assholes talk boxing. Just because you watch a sport does not make you an expert. Just go to boxingscene.com for proof. Those are some dumbasses on that site.

Anyone see this bullshit

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-plans-show...jr-money--68405
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 7 2013, 12:33 PM) *
They do not need to talk about boxing. They need to get some retired boxers let them have a 30 minute show to talk about the damn sport like ESPN Deportes. I can't stand when these assholes talk boxing. Just because you watch a sport does not make you an expert. Just go to boxingscene.com for proof. Those are some dumbasses on that site.

Anyone see this bullshit

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-plans-show...jr-money--68405

I find it rather pathetic that this guy and his company can't promote a fight without mentioning Mayweather Jr's name. Pacquiao is a legend in his own right but part of his status in the sport and unfortunately for him, a big part of his meteoric rise in the sport is attached to Floyd's name.

Arum can just stop with the bullshit, money talks but I doubt he's able to lure Floyd the way he insinuates. Damn shame, he, Roach, that leach Koncz, and Manny have to speak on Floyd EVERY single time instead of worrying about the guy they have coming up. And that ain't a safe fight for him, these guys are stupid
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2013, 10:56 AM) *
I find it rather pathetic that this guy and his company can't promote a fight without mentioning Mayweather Jr's name. Pacquiao is a legend in his own right but part of his status in the sport and unfortunately for him, a big part of his meteoric rise in the sport is attached to Floyd's name.

Arum can just stop with the bullshit, money talks but I doubt he's able to lure Floyd the way he insinuates. Damn shame, he, Roach, that leach Koncz, and Manny have to speak on Floyd EVERY single time instead of worrying about the guy they have coming up. And that ain't a safe fight for him, these guys are stupid

I am thinking that Manny may have overlooked JMM. Maybe Bob was telling him if he wins this fight then he could have Mayweather. I mean it would make sense. Mayweather would just be coming out of jail so perhaps his team would think May would be rusty coming out of jail and their chances of beating him would be greater. I honestly think, now looking back in it, that Manny saw JMM as another opponent. He made too many mistakes in that fight now that I think about it.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 10:44 AM) *
I am thinking that Manny may have overlooked JMM. Maybe Bob was telling him if he wins this fight then he could have Mayweather. I mean it would make sense. Mayweather would just be coming out of jail so perhaps his team would think May would be rusty coming out of jail and their chances of beating him would be greater. I honestly think, now looking back in it, that Manny saw JMM as another opponent. He made too many mistakes in that fight now that I think about it.

not to pass blame or say it wasn't Mannys fault, but I seriously think it was more the style he opted for, I mean sure that wild, highly aggressive style ruined quite a bit of Marquezes face, but Pac was being tagged constantly, especially when he supposedly had Marquez on the run just after the KD.

I think the difference in the fight was the fact that Pac did no S&C work, and he fell by the sword he lived by. Not to take anything away from Marquez obviously. Hell I think if he didn't KO Pac in that round, Manny would of gassed closer to the end and I think Marquez would of stopped him later, the way Pac was breathing.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2013, 07:40 PM) *

Pacs not that slow, and Mayweather isn't that fast anymore though
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 13 2013, 02:05 AM) *
not to pass blame or say it wasn't Mannys fault, but I seriously think it was more the style he opted for, I mean sure that wild, highly aggressive style ruined quite a bit of Marquezes face, but Pac was being tagged constantly, especially when he supposedly had Marquez on the run just after the KD.

I think the difference in the fight was the fact that Pac did no S&C work, and he fell by the sword he lived by. Not to take anything away from Marquez obviously. Hell I think if he didn't KO Pac in that round, Manny would of gassed closer to the end and I think Marquez would of stopped him later, the way Pac was breathing.

Marquez just raised his game and Pac was counting on the old Marquez from past fights. I honestly think he overlooked this fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 10:35 AM) *
Marquez just raised his game and Pac was counting on the old Marquez from past fights. I honestly think he overlooked this fight.

He's been like that for the past few years no2.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 03:35 PM) *

define raised his game? if you mean he just looked for the KO then sure yeah I agree with that. But to me it seems more like Pac too aggressive for his own good
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 13 2013, 07:53 AM) *
define raised his game? if you mean he just looked for the KO then sure yeah I agree with that. But to me it seems more like Pac too aggressive for his own good

In the third fight he was cautious and it cost him, the fourth fight he was going to leave no stone un-turned. He went for the gusto and got it, Usually is a careful fighter but he went for it, so yeah he raised his game.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 04:44 AM) *

That could be it, but for some reason I actually get the feeling that he wants to be done with boxing but realizes he can't afford to quit. If you look in just the last 18mos alone, his demeanor has changed so much

Marquez would've been a nightmare for him regardless, he's fought the guy 3 previous times and he really lost most of them, the timing was right. While I still believe Pacquiao best Bradley, he didn't look good in that fight. It was very apparent to me that he was not the same fighter. And then he goes off to fight JMM? That was a bigger mistake then leaping into that awesome right hand from Marquez
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 11:29 AM) *
That could be it, but for some reason I actually get the feeling that he wants to be done with boxing but realizes he can't afford to quit. If you look in just the last 18mos alone, his demeanor has changed so much

Marquez would've been a nightmare for him regardless, he's fought the guy 3 previous times and he really lost most of them, the timing was right. While I still believe Pacquiao best Bradley, he didn't look good in that fight. It was very apparent to me that he was not the same fighter. And then he goes off to fight JMM? That was a bigger mistake then leaping into that awesome right hand from Marquez

Manny fought like shit against Bradley. He was taking too many rounds off. He didn't really hurt Bradley, now do I think Bradley won the fight, yes and no. No because he wasn't effective in executing his game plan, however, Manny did nothing to really open Bradley up and make him fight. Fighting 30 seconds at the end of the rounds does not cut it. Plus the way that fight went down, the delay in the locker room it was a weird night. I don't know what Bob told him in the dressing room but Manny did nothing in that fight. So who knows...
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Manny fought like shit against Bradley. He was taking too many rounds off. He didn't really hurt Bradley, now do I think Bradley won the fight, yes and no. No because he wasn't effective in executing his game plan, however, Manny did nothing to really open Bradley up and make him fight. Fighting 30 seconds at the end of the rounds does not cut it. Plus the way that fight went down, the delay in the locker room it was a weird night. I don't know what Bob told him in the dressing room but Manny did nothing in that fight. So who knows...

This fight with Rios is one he could lose, I'm very interested to see how this fight plays out. The only real question mark is where I'm going to watch the fight at? I have refused to buy any TR PPV card ever since that mosley fight. I was pissed and I don't think I'll be buying any ppv's from them anytime soon.

The messed up part is when I go watch a Pacquiao fight, these fans are irritating. The level if but hugging for manny here in Chicago is on another level. So I have to find a place with my friends where it's not as bad as the last
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 02:36 PM) *
This fight with Rios is one he could lose, I'm very interested to see how this fight plays out. The only real question mark is where I'm going to watch the fight at? I have refused to buy any TR PPV card ever since that mosley fight. I was pissed and I don't think I'll be buying any ppv's from them anytime soon.

The messed up part is when I go watch a Pacquiao fight, these fans are irritating. The level if but hugging for manny here in Chicago is on another level. So I have to find a place with my friends where it's not as bad as the last

I am not buying this fight. I will just wait for the replay. I think I will be out of town on business if I am not mistaken anyway. My boss loves Pacquiao and is now an Alvarez fan. The shit I have to hear from him is almost unreal.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 11:40 PM) *
I am not buying this fight. I will just wait for the replay. I think I will be out of town on business if I am not mistaken anyway. My boss loves Pacquiao and is now an Alvarez fan. The shit I have to hear from him is almost unreal.

Well at least your boss watches some kind of boxing, around the office everybody's like that still isn't banned?
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 13 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Well at least your boss watches some kind of boxing, around the office everybody's like that still isn't banned?

My boss doesn't know shit about boxing, he knows about Pacquiao and just recently Alvarez. He actually talked to me how if Manny was fighting in the 80s he would be Duran, and the only reason why he knew about Duran because I was watching a Duran fight in my office and he sat down and watched it with me. I just looked at my boss and laughed. But whatever.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 10:46 PM) *
My boss doesn't know shit about boxing, he knows about Pacquiao and just recently Alvarez. He actually talked to me how if Manny was fighting in the 80s he would be Duran, and the only reason why he knew about Duran because I was watching a Duran fight in my office and he sat down and watched it with me. I just looked at my boss and laughed. But whatever.

Be careful bro...discussing boxing in the workplace nowadays is right up there next to race, sexual preference, religion, and salaries...ESPECIALLY if you get trolled into talking about Manny vs Floyd. If motherfuckers are out here bare knuckle brawling over Manny vs Floyd debates, then surely a sensitive, know-it-all, POS, boss will fire you, if he gets a wild hair up his during a debate. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 14 2013, 05:55 AM) *
Be careful bro...discussing boxing in the workplace nowadays is right up there next to race, sexual preference, religion, and salaries...ESPECIALLY if you get trolled into talking about Manny vs Floyd. If motherfuckers are out here bare knuckle brawling over Manny vs Floyd debates, then surely a sensitive, know-it-all, POS, boss will fire you, if he gets a wild hair up his during a debate. Lol

I do not even argue, at all. I let them say whatever they want. My boss actually feels that Saul will knock Mayweather out in the first round. I am inviting him to my fight party and I am going to give him a lesson in boxing. He has no idea who Matthysee or Garcia are. Damn shame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.