Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any word on Alexander/Khan???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Man, what's going on with this fight? I'm hearing both sides saying that the other guy is avoiding them, but I haven't read ANYTHING official. I know its only August, but damn, if the fight's gonna happen, then sign the contracts, if not, then at least wait til late Sept or early Oct to resume this pissing contest.

mrchitown
They should both just forget about it and go in different directions, I'm getting sick of the back and forth. If the contracts were signed and the fight was official then that's one thing but they trash talking each other's camps and ain't nothing coming of it
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2013, 12:36 AM) *
They should both just forget about it and go in different directions, I'm getting sick of the back and forth. If the contracts were signed and the fight was official then that's one thing but they trash talking each other's camps and ain't nothing coming of it

Tell me about it. I've been hearing from the little birdies, that GBP hasn't even made any type of offers to Team Alexander. Not only that, but what ever happened in Dubai, since Schaefer took his little trip to "work some things out"? Haven't heard shit from him since then, it's been all team Alexander with the talking, and a little from Khan's team.
MaxPayne
I won't both of these dummies to dispense with all the pussass banter and sign for the damned fight.

Do it in Dubai, Milwaukee, Anchorage, Sao Paolo or my Grandma's basement, I don't give a fuck, just fight.

Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 7 2013, 11:06 AM) *
I won't both of these dummies to dispense with all the pussass banter and sign for the damned fight.

Do it in Dubai, Milwaukee, Anchorage, Sao Paolo or my Grandma's basement, I don't give a fuck, just fight.

Oh Lord, not Milwaukee, pleeeease. If they really wanna mess up a highly anticipate fight, then stage that bitch at the Pontiac Silverdome. laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 7 2013, 11:06 AM) *

Soooooooooo, Max.....I take it you're open to seeing these two possibly fight, huh? laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Tell me about it. I've been hearing from the little birdies, that GBP hasn't even made any type of offers to Team Alexander. Not only that, but what ever happened in Dubai, since Schaefer took his little trip to "work some things out"? Haven't heard shit from him since then, it's been all team Alexander with the talking, and a little from Khan's team.

WE all know GB prefers Khan with that belt instead of Devon, seems to me like Khan's team and GB are trying their best to make it look like Devon doesn't want the fight as an excuse for them to take a softer touch so he can get a Mayweather fight
HyyerBlaze
Dont like Queen Khan but the guy doesnt duck anyone.
scdrking2
Team Khan is looking to protect their guy for a possible cash out fight against PBF for big money in London. Selling point to Floyd is expand his international brand and additional revenue. They dont know how much longer Khan can hold on, but he has a whole country to sell in the interim.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Oh Lord, not Milwaukee, pleeeease. If they really wanna mess up a highly anticipate fight, then stage that bitch at the Pontiac Silverdome. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

why the hell did they do bradley/alexander there!? that still baffles me to this day.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 01:46 PM) *
laugh.gif

why the hell did they do bradley/alexander there!? that still baffles me to this day.

Lmao I don think the venue was the problem on that occasion

Alexander just doesn't fight anymore! He is safety first second and third, he clinches at every opportunity. The guy must have not been hugged as a child or something

Khan and Kell should fight in Europe
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 7 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Lmao I don think the venue was the problem on that occasion

Alexander just doesn't fight anymore! He is safety first second and third, he clinches at every opportunity. The guy must have not been hugged as a child or something

Khan and Kell should fight in Europe

their talking about khan/mosley. i'd like to see that one.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 06:46 PM) *
their talking about khan/mosley. i'd like to see that one.

Idk about that. Mosley has so much trouble with speed

daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 7 2013, 07:52 PM) *
Idk about that. Mosley has so much trouble with speed

garcia gave him the blue print. u just have to throw with him. i've known that for quite some time. mosley can beat him. i'd favor mosley in that match up.

Dolimite
They are looking at Khan/Mosley or Khan and Thurman. Either way, that glass chin gets cracked.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 7 2013, 10:05 PM) *
They are looking at Khan/Mosley or Khan and Thurman. Either way, that glass chin gets cracked.

I'd be super shocked if they put him in with Thurman, I don't know if he ready to rumble with Thurman right now. Hell, Shane is a stretch for him to beat
MaxPayne
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 7 2013, 11:14 AM) *
Soooooooooo, Max.....I take it you're open to seeing these two possibly fight, huh? laugh.gif

Hell, I want the fight. This is a good scrap right here. Khan has fast hands but Devon has a good jab and decent defense, so I don't know who'd win.

It's not often that we get fights between high level contenders who are both comfortable with the weight, etc.

I hope they're able to figure things out man, tired of all the bullshit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 07:59 PM) *
garcia gave him the blue print. u just have to throw with him. i've known that for quite some time. mosley can beat him. i'd favor mosley in that match up.

Agreed

Honestly, there's no safe fight for Khan at this time. I believe their using Devon as a smokescreen, but who doesn't do that nowadays. I'd still like to see him fight Bradley, but I'd favor Khan nowadays...the height and reach advantage would play a part in that one.
mrchitown
I just don't think this fight is going to happen. I don't know who doesn't want the fight but the more both camps talk the more it seems like it won't happen. Which is a shame because I think stylistically they matchup well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.