Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thurman vs Guerrero
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
Great for Thurman, bad for Guerrero. Guerrero will get stopped by Thurman. Guerrero has way to much courage for his own good and will stand and fight. Thurman tags him repeatetdly and gets him out of there. He then brags that Mayweather wasnt able to do that, which starts the discussion of next February...
MAHDI
Thurman is wide and very... very hittable... overrated.
Dolimite
Interesting fight. Guerrero will pressure Thurman the whole fight and we will see what Thurman can do. I think it will be closer than what people think.
Dolimite
Interesting fight. Guerrero will pressure Thurman the whole fight and we will see what Thurman can do. I think it will be closer than what people think.
Jovi
Very interesting, but for Thurman's style he wants someone who comes forward and they will get eatin up. As amateur as Mayweather made look Guerrero he is no pushover. would be a good fight but i'd have to go with Thurman with a very entertaining fight and possible KO.
jtiizzle
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 8 2013, 06:19 AM) *
Great for Thurman, bad for Guerrero. Guerrero will get stopped by Thurman. Guerrero has way to much courage for his own good and will stand and fight. Thurman tags him repeatetdly and gets him out of there. He then brags that Mayweather wasnt able to do that, which starts the discussion of next February...

i got guerrero winning that brah..styles make fights don't be a fan, guerrero a 4 division world champion
checkleft
Thurman by stoppage.

This a fantasy fight? Or are they really talking about this
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 01:31 PM) *
Thurman by stoppage.

This a fantasy fight? Or are they really talking about this

i'm thinking the same.
jazz
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 8 2013, 08:19 AM) *

Thurman is not even at the level of Andre Berto. Guerrerro would beat him from pillar to post for eight or nine rounds before stopping him on cuts. Thurman needs to step up to the B-Class fighters before he starts calling out the A-Class. At this point, a Thurman/Soto-Karass fight would be a toss up.
mrchitown
Like Check,I want to know if this fight is being discussed as a possibility for Guerrero and Thurman?

Really don't know who I'd favor, Thurman appears to be on the right track but Robert is a 4 division champ for a reason, would be a great matchup on paper. I'd be interested to see who makes the better adjustments as the fight goes along, that will determine the outcome of this one
checkleft
QUOTE (jazz @ Aug 8 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Thurman is not even at the level of Andre Berto. Guerrerro would beat him from pillar to post for eight or nine rounds before stopping him on cuts. Thurman needs to step up to the B-Class fighters before he starts calling out the A-Class. At this point, a Thurman/Soto-Karass fight would be a toss up.

Guerrero isn't a A class fighter.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 02:56 PM) *
Guerrero isn't a A class fighter.

*2chainz voice* TRUUUU laugh.gif
Dmiller7
I think this fight is a great match up. High volume punches and the one thing that concerns me about the fight is Guerrero getting cut. I think he can stand in there and trade and fight till the end, but if he gets cut....
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 8 2013, 08:19 AM) *

A winnable fight for KT, I hope that it does happen because as much as RG gets hit I think he goes to sleep in this fight, he (Robert) was very lucky Floyd hurt his hand-otherwise he would've tasted the canvas in that fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 8 2013, 02:29 PM) *
A winnable fight for KT, I hope that it does happen because as much as RG gets hit I think he goes to sleep in this fight, he (Robert) was very lucky Floyd hurt his hand-otherwise he would've tasted the canvas in that fight.

According to Skip Bayless, Floyd has 0 punching power! And he can't knock anyone out.
klonopinz
dont rule out guererros awesome chin. that man can take a hit. thurman is a great matchup for him because he accels against toe to toe fighters, and he has trouble with pure boxers, thurman is not a pure boxer, yes he can box, but his motto is "ko's for life." the man goes for the knockout, but if he cant ko you he will box you un to a decision liek javeck, a fight i wasnt impressed with. gurerro fights hard for 12 rounds. i think we havent seen the best of thurman yet, i beleives his boxing ability beats guererros, but guererro is no slouch. he can also box well, but he just didnt show it against floyd because his handspeed was too slow to floyds reflexes and footwork, so he couldnt touch him. thurman is def hittable, but he is def a slick puncher, he knows how to set up a ko very well. guererro is more of a break you down and punish you fighter. it would be a grueling fight.
klonopinz
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 8 2013, 06:33 PM) *
According to Skip Bayless, Floyd has 0 punching power! And he can't knock anyone out.

a skip bayless discussion sounds like a man sucking his own cock while discussing basketball with his balls.
BoxingStill#1
Well timed and evenly matched fight...

Very entertaining to say the least....

I don't see where folks are getting off saying therman ain't ready..

This has fight of the year written all over it
Cshel86
Thurman's good, but that's about it. He gets that work from Robert in this fight. Robert's hand speed is underrated, and I noticed that in the Floyd fight, just by the way Floyd was feinting and using excessive head movement on certain occasions, when Robert did throw.
daprofessor
thurman is going to ko guerrero if this fight happens. i have a strong feeling guerrero won't take the fight.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 06:17 PM) *
thurman is going to ko guerrero if this fight happens. i have a strong feeling guerrero won't take the fight.

I thought a limited aydin had guerrero in trouble for a while, Thurman probably stops him
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 07:31 PM) *
I thought a limited aydin had guerrero in trouble for a while, Thurman probably stops him

thurman is the real deal and a special talent. i don't see too many that i would give a chance against him at 147. the kid has depth.
mrchitown
Fights being targeted for Nov 2nd http://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-vs-guer...vember-2--68448
Col Reb
I want to see Guerrero in against Garcia as soon as is feasible. That would be the ultimate daddy smack talk! Too bad they don't have that show Celebrity Boxing anymore!
xxxxxx
Good fight here that could turn into a Great fight. GBP really has a lot of great matchups in and around this weight. The Ghost has become a bigger name after the Mayweather defeat.
leonthegee
Finally we get to see if Thurman is legit.
Franchize
This fight is as tough to pick as the Garcia vs Matthysse fight. My prediction: There will be a sig bet in which I will chicken out of again lol
leonthegee
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 03:31 PM) *

You have to remember that was Guerreros first fight in 18 months coming off of a bum shoulder jumping up 2 weight classes.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Aug 8 2013, 10:12 PM) *
I want to see Guerrero in against Garcia as soon as is feasible. That would be the ultimate daddy smack talk! Too bad they don't have that show Celebrity Boxing anymore!

Please, heavens no! Too soon! I'm still trying to brush off that mess from the Mayweather/Guerrero fight...Ruben was fashionably out of control. LOL
MaxPayne
I need to give this fight more thought, but I'm sort of leaning towards The Ghost on this one. I still think he's a very good fighter. Thurman looks like he has talent but Robert might be a bit too much at this stage.
MAHDI
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 9 2013, 12:17 PM) *
I need to give this fight more thought, but I'm sort of leaning towards The Ghost on this one. I still think he's a very good fighter. Thurman looks like he has talent but Robert might be a bit too much at this stage.

Thurman leaves many openings and drops his hands alot. He also gets wide with his shots--- Still somewhat amatuerish in my view despite the lover affair with his overrated punching power. The last guy he fought was a c level fighter and had no problems hitting him when wanted- I like Guerrero in this
mrchitown
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 9 2013, 08:39 AM) *
You have to remember that was Guerreros first fight in 18 months coming off of a bum shoulder jumping up 2 weight classes.

What about Berto? He used those dirty boxing tactics and Berto was giving him hell in there just like Aydin
daprofessor
i'd bet the house on a thurman ko.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2013, 01:49 PM) *
What about Berto? He used those dirty boxing tactics and Berto was giving him hell in there just like Aydin

exactly

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 9 2013, 02:06 PM) *

This
leonthegee
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2013, 10:49 AM) *

Its a fight and people get hit. Its not like Thurman walked through his last fight unscaved. Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle until he gased out after the 4th.
mrchitown
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 9 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Its a fight and people get hit. Its not like Thurman walked through his last fight unscaved. Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle until he gased out after the 4th.

I understand that but he got popped against Aydin and you brought up the shoulder surgery, he had no excuses for the shots he got hit with in the Berto fight. I was debating this point leading up to the fight with Professor. He's not all that at 147, he's a flat footed fighter. His heart and work ethic will make it tough but skill wise he's not presenting much danger to Thurman. It should be a good fight either way but if he fights the way he has been I could see him getting ready to kiss the baby
leonthegee
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2013, 01:53 PM) *
I understand that but he got popped against Aydin and you brought up the shoulder surgery, he had no excuses for the shots he got hit with in the Berto fight. I was debating this point leading up to the fight with Professor. He's not all that at 147, he's a flat footed fighter. His heart and work ethic will make it tough but skill wise he's not presenting much danger to Thurman. It should be a good fight either way but if he fights the way he has been I could see him getting ready to kiss the baby

You think Berto couldnt land against Thurman? Its a fight. Get hit and give hits. I think Guerrero vs Thurman is a good fight. And if Thurman really wants Floyd he goes after that fight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 9 2013, 09:19 AM) *
This fight is as tough to pick as the Garcia vs Matthysse fight. My prediction: There will be a sig bet in which I will chicken out of again lol

THIS thumbsup_anim.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 9 2013, 05:44 PM) *
You think Berto couldnt land against Thurman? Its a fight. Get hit and give hits. I think Guerrero vs Thurman is a good fight. And if Thurman really wants Floyd he goes after that fight.

Hell yeah Berto could touch Thurman. Like you said you gon get touched, that's a given lol. This is a good fight and I'm hoping GB gets the fight done
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Hell yeah Berto could touch Thurman. Like you said you gon get touched, that's a given lol. This is a good fight and I'm hoping GB gets the fight done

Yall really wanna see Berto eating out a straw don't ya?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 9 2013, 03:06 PM) *

Yup. I'd be shocked if it went 6 rounds.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 11 2013, 02:51 PM) *
Yall really wanna see Berto eating out a straw don't ya?

You called Wilder technically sound in the other thread, you sound like you've been eating out of a straw lol...there's winnable fights out there for berto but damn, his footwork is for shit, he throws and falls in, leaving his self susceptible to those uppercuts. I think Virgil is a good fit for him he has to absorb the knowledge and work on some technical flaws he has
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 11 2013, 06:23 PM) *
You called Wilder technically sound in the other thread, you sound like you've been eating out of a straw lol...there's winnable fights out there for berto but damn, his footwork is for shit, he throws and falls in, leaving his self susceptible to those uppercuts. I think Virgil is a good fit for him he has to absorb the knowledge and work on some technical flaws he has

I don't think we are even talking about the same fighters. Or perhaps you need to brush up on some YouTube..

Sure there are some winnable fights out there. I just don't see Therman as one of them. Berto should be at the pinnacle of his career, but instead he's war torn. Therman is imo gonna be the underdog that gives everyone he gets in there with hell. He's hungry,.. Berto is merely surviving.

Granted, I give him credit for trying to reinvent himself, but the bottom line is he can't handle what he dishes out. He got big heart, when shit gets thick he bangs, but Thts not his fight...

I believe Berto has one of the best uppercuts I've seen,.. since he "falls in", can you see him absorbing his own uppercut? Point is, Virgil or no Virgil, he will go out of his element and get busted up.

Now him and Broaner... Thts a fight we can talk about.

Therman is just the wrong fit for a fighter on the comeback
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 14 2013, 12:38 AM) *
I don't think we are even talking about the same fighters. Or perhaps you need to brush up on some YouTube..

Sure there are some winnable fights out there. I just don't see Therman as one of them. Berto should be at the pinnacle of his career, but instead he's war torn. Therman is imo gonna be the underdog that gives everyone he gets in there with hell. He's hungry,.. Berto is merely surviving.

Granted, I give him credit for trying to reinvent himself, but the bottom line is he can't handle what he dishes out. He got big heart, when shit gets thick he bangs, but Thts not his fight...

I believe Berto has one of the best uppercuts I've seen,.. since he "falls in", can you see him absorbing his own uppercut? Point is, Virgil or no Virgil, he will go out of his element and get busted up.

Now him and Broaner... Thts a fight we can talk about.

Therman is just the wrong fit for a fighter on the comeback

If he can't handle Thurman I don't see how he can handle Broner...i'm good with the YouTube, I've seen enough to know what I'm talking about

Berto needs to retool, Hunter is a top notch trainer that can break him of his bad habits because he has a few and give him that cerebral point of view
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.