Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adrien Broner About Billions Season 2
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
MaxPayne
About Billions Season 2 Episode 1

I don't even know why I'm wasting your time.

This shit is turrible.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 13 2013, 11:16 AM) *
About Billions Season 2 Episode 1

I don't even know why I'm wasting your time.

This shit is turrible.

Devon Alexander...is that...you?
Dolimite
He is a billionaire? Did I miss something. I watched a minute of it and realized I haven't eaten my lunch.
mrchitown
Now this is what I'm talking bout, let that boy cook. AB is the future of Boxing
xxxxxx
I shut it down at about the 5 minute mark.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 11:34 AM) *
Now this is what I'm talking bout, let that boy cook. AB is the future of Boxing

Is that sarcasm or is this your love of Bandcamp?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 05:07 PM) *
Is that sarcasm or is this your love of Bandcamp?

I'm not really into sarcasm
mrchitown
Sarcasm is the language of losers
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 02:26 PM) *
I'm not really into sarcasm

Adrien wants to be the future of boxing. It is not set in stone. I still believe out of all the young fighters he will take a L first. Then again, he may not. Time will only tell. I wish he will focus purely on boxing rather than web series, hos, rapping, and everything that can get him caught up outside of the ring. You have to make boxing or any sport your mine priority, you have to be in a full relationship with it, not half stepping.
BigFightFan
AB wants to be a successful rapper. Who am I to shit on his dreams? He Lotto lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 05:37 PM) *
Adrien wants to be the future of boxing. It is not set in stone. I still believe out of all the young fighters he will take a L first. Then again, he may not. Time will only tell. I wish he will focus purely on boxing rather than web series, hos, rapping, and everything that can get him caught up outside of the ring. You have to make boxing or any sport your mine priority, you have to be in a full relationship with it, not half stepping.

Not true because they were pushing Donaire as the next big thing and he lost, i think Danny will lose before AB does because he may get a shot at Floyd. Ward and Broner are my next gen stars but Broner will get the PPV love while the hard cores will praise Andre.

I think he has to stop acting dumb, you need other streams of revenue, boxing isn't forever. It is not wise to just sit in a sport and collect checks, look at that documentary broke. A Lot of them only got checks within their sport and blew it. He's not half stepping because of his business dealings outside if boxing. As long as he gives maximum effort in the gym and in the ring he's good with me. I've said it before none of you can speak to what he does in the gym. He's a talent and yall should get ready for the new wave of boxing...let that boy cook
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 06:47 PM) *
Not true because they were pushing Donaire as the next big thing and he lost, i think Danny will lose before AB does because he may get a shot at Floyd. Ward and Broner are my next gen stars but Broner will get the PPV love while the hard cores will praise Andre.

I think he has to stop acting dumb, you need other streams of revenue, boxing isn't forever. It is not wise to just sit in a sport and collect checks, look at that documentary broke. A Lot of them only got checks within their sport and blew it. He's not half stepping because of his business dealings outside if boxing. As long as he gives maximum effort in the gym and in the ring he's good with me. I've said it before none of you can speak to what he does in the gym. He's a talent and yall should get ready for the new wave of boxing...let that boy cook

I never denied Broner's talent. I do think he relies too much on his talent in the ring. If he cuts out all the foolishness and outside madness then he could be great. I never thought Donaire was that good, I knew Rigondeaux would wax his ass. I think Charlo twins and a few other will carry boxing, I think Broner has the tools but those tools need to be studied and sharpened. Cut the kid shit out and handle business in the ring. No one will want to sponsor bullshit. I m going to watch him cook, I just don't want him to fry himself.
BoxingStill#1
George Forman made a lot more money making grills than boxing.

mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 09:38 PM) *
I never denied Broner's talent. I do think he relies too much on his talent in the ring. If he cuts out all the foolishness and outside madness then he could be great. I never thought Donaire was that good, I knew Rigondeaux would wax his ass. I think Charlo twins and a few other will carry boxing, I think Broner has the tools but those tools need to be studied and sharpened. Cut the kid shit out and handle business in the ring. No one will want to sponsor bullshit. I m going to watch him cook, I just don't want him to fry himself.

Charlo twins are good, I like them, very confident and they both have good skills. When you look at the next gen guys its hard to say Broner isn't at the top or near it. He's just that good and because he does the things he does after and outside the ring he generates more interest then the rest. He's a smart kid, he knows what he's doing l. The villain role is what he's embracing and he is stealing a page out of the Mayweather PlayBook with that move but it's providing the same results for him. He's only 24, he's going to get better....nobody at 135 can beat him. He's got some comp on the junior welter and welter divisions but he can best whoever they out in front of him as long as he uses his talents and listens to Stafford

Mayweather has zero sponsors so you may be right. Though I do see him rocking the Reebok's and the grant gloves a lot. Broner probably will get an endorsement, it's way worse then him with endorsement deals. Kobe got his Nike deal back and he raped that chick. In say he raped her because he should've got it wet first l, dumb ass laker never heard of foreplay. If he would've warmed up the slot machine first he wouldn't be stuck Endorsing those shit kickers he stuck with now. Rothlesberge from the Steelers got endorsements and he should at least be in prison for sexual misconduct lol.
Cshel86
This dude looks like a koopa troopa to me...it's hard to listen to him talk for more than 2 minutes tops. He needs to let the grill go, at this point in time, it's considered bama stuff. Those hockey pucks on the back of his neck, just kills me. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 09:38 PM) *
Charlo twins are good, I like them, very confident and they both have good skills. When you look at the next gen guys its hard to say Broner isn't at the top or near it. He's just that good and because he does the things he does after and outside the ring he generates more interest then the rest. He's a smart kid, he knows what he's doing l. The villain role is what he's embracing and he is stealing a page out of the Mayweather PlayBook with that move but it's providing the same results for him. He's only 24, he's going to get better....nobody at 135 can beat him. He's got some comp on the junior welter and welter divisions but he can best whoever they out in front of him as long as he uses his talents and listens to Stafford

Mayweather has zero sponsors so you may be right. Though I do see him rocking the Reebok's and the grant gloves a lot. Broner probably will get an endorsement, it's way worse then him with endorsement deals. Kobe got his Nike deal back and he raped that chick. In say he raped her because he should've got it wet first l, dumb ass laker never heard of foreplay. If he would've warmed up the slot machine first he wouldn't be stuck Endorsing those shit kickers he stuck with now. Rothlesberge from the Steelers got endorsements and he should at least be in prison for sexual misconduct lol.

That bitch was a ho. He didn't rape her, she played his dumb ass. She was a white woman in Denver and when she saw his dumb ass coming all she saw were dollar signs. Now Ben should be in prison for rapping two women, but he has the complexion for the connection. Mark Sanchez should be in jail too because he messed with this 16 year old chic when he was QB for the Jets. But that always busting LT on some dumb shit! I tell you.

Chi, I like Broner, which is why I am hard on him. He can play his cards to be the biggest name in boxing. But how he is playing his hand is detrimental to his career. He may be focused, but how he fought Paulie, he seemed baffled because I don't think he expected Paulie to be as good as he was. His talent got him through that fight. I am rooting for Broner, but some of his antics make my stomach turn. Look at Floyd, he wants to be loved now. He is tired of the villain role. It has made him money no doubt but many people hate him. He has no endorsements which means the pressure for him to make money and to win is even greater. That 0 is keeping his ass on top, so he is forced to win. No Nike, no Reebok, no Grant gloves, no Everlast, no Rolex, no nothing for him. he is responsible for making his bank. Adrien has a chance to cash in, but he may scare away endorses because of his behavior. He should learn from his "Big Brother's" mistakes.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 01:38 AM) *

Still wondering how Big Ben got in straight up "creep mode" and raped two people in an 18 month time span...with no punishment. Dude got shitfaced and went for the gusto, lol.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 14 2013, 08:23 AM) *
Still wondering how Big Ben got in straight up "creep mode" and raped two people in an 18 month time span...with no punishment. Dude got shitfaced and went for the gusto, lol.

He got the gusto! Not only that but got off! Tomlin didn't want him back as the QB. He actually wanted Vick when Vick got out of his jail. Ben is a piece of shit.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 14 2013, 11:23 AM) *

I look at the way Vick got and gets treated and how these other people stuff play out. Vick wasn't even around for that mess but Rothlesberger was there when his troubles started, them females went into detailed accounts of what he did. It's ridiculous to look back and see how he didn't even get a slap on the wrist, just woke up and got ready for another day
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 14 2013, 11:07 AM) *
That bitch was a ho. He didn't rape her, she played his dumb ass. She was a white woman in Denver and when she saw his dumb ass coming all she saw were dollar signs. Now Ben should be in prison for rapping two women, but he has the complexion for the connection. Mark Sanchez should be in jail too because he messed with this 16 year old chic when he was QB for the Jets. But that always busting LT on some dumb shit! I tell you.

Chi, I like Broner, which is why I am hard on him. He can play his cards to be the biggest name in boxing. But how he is playing his hand is detrimental to his career. He may be focused, but how he fought Paulie, he seemed baffled because I don't think he expected Paulie to be as good as he was. His talent got him through that fight. I am rooting for Broner, but some of his antics make my stomach turn. Look at Floyd, he wants to be loved now. He is tired of the villain role. It has made him money no doubt but many people hate him. He has no endorsements which means the pressure for him to make money and to win is even greater. That 0 is keeping his ass on top, so he is forced to win. No Nike, no Reebok, no Grant gloves, no Everlast, no Rolex, no nothing for him. he is responsible for making his bank. Adrien has a chance to cash in, but he may scare away endorses because of his behavior. He should learn from his "Big Brother's" mistakes.

Kobe should've waited to get home to his wife, he put himself in that situation regardless. But a little foreplay never hurts lol. But she had semen from other men in her underwear, she's a certified slut bucket.

He has time but I don't see him stopping anytime soon. I think Malinaggi's activity is what got Broner, when he fights Maidana he'll look better because Maidana's style is different. Floyd makes people's stomach turn as well, for examples see his rants against Manny and Jeremy Lin, he and Broner are the same in those ways one is just older then the other
Jovi
The only thing i think Broner does good for boxing is make it alittle more mainstream, how he is always on worldstar or something. But to say he is the future of boxing is just too much to me. Boxing isn't a gladiators sport, not about 2 crazy guys fighting eachother. Its a sport for the purist of pugilism, there's a real art and sport behind boxing. Away from all the corruption that is in everything, boxing is a sport of integrity and respect. He has the talent to be good, but doesn't have the mindset to be great.

Broner will never be at the top of the sport for the simple reason is he doesn't have the respect for himself or the sport to put childish things behind him and stay dedicated to whats important. To me it seems like he's just using the get rich quick scheme with his boxing talent, but talent can only get you so far. Broner's faults will catch up to him sure enough and he will be an example of how NOT to act when at the biggest stage of his career, I'm black and he's just too much of a immature stereotypical puppet for me to look up to him, he seems really lost. He doesn't even take care of his real family, just random ass people around him. He needs to start reading books or something to humble himself and build character without looking like an idiot.

alittle example, after Broner had the below par performance against Paulie, he continued to talk shit and not give respect. Mayweather after all his fights always gives the opponent respect no matter what was said before the fight and what happened in the ring. If he acts like a Douche when he wins, i wonder how he will be when he loses. Broner just a step up from Berto but will fall soon.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 09:43 AM) *
Kobe should've waited to get home to his wife, he put himself in that situation regardless. But a little foreplay never hurts lol. But she had semen from other men in her underwear, she's a certified slut bucket.

He has time but I don't see him stopping anytime soon. I think Malinaggi's activity is what got Broner, when he fights Maidana he'll look better because Maidana's style is different. Floyd makes people's stomach turn as well, for examples see his rants against Manny and Jeremy Lin, he and Broner are the same in those ways one is just older then the other

He was right about both men. Especially Lin.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 14 2013, 02:38 PM) *
He was right about both men. Especially Lin.

That was a derogatory and racist rant against Manny and I do not support what he said. He had some compelling points but he ruined it with his bravado. I'm glad he's taking a step back now. The same thing people are calling on Broner to do is the same thing they want floyd to do....humble yourself
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 14 2013, 02:34 PM) *
The only thing i think Broner does good for boxing is make it alittle more mainstream, how he is always on worldstar or something. But to say he is the future of boxing is just too much to me. Boxing isn't a gladiators sport, not about 2 crazy guys fighting eachother. Its a sport for the purist of pugilism, there's a real art and sport behind boxing. Away from all the corruption that is in everything, boxing is a sport of integrity and respect. He has the talent to be good, but doesn't have the mindset to be great.

Broner will never be at the top of the sport for the simple reason is he doesn't have the respect for himself or the sport to put childish things behind him and stay dedicated to whats important. To me it seems like he's just using the get rich quick scheme with his boxing talent, but talent can only get you so far. Broner's faults will catch up to him sure enough and he will be an example of how NOT to act when at the biggest stage of his career, I'm black and he's just too much of a immature stereotypical puppet for me to look up to him, he seems really lost. He doesn't even take care of his real family, just random ass people around him. He needs to start reading books or something to humble himself and build character without looking like an idiot.

alittle example, after Broner had the below par performance against Paulie, he continued to talk shit and not give respect. Mayweather after all his fights always gives the opponent respect no matter what was said before the fight and what happened in the ring. If he acts like a Douche when he wins, i wonder how he will be when he loses. Broner just a step up from Berto but will fall soon.

Broner is the future of Boxing!

How do you know he don't take care of his family? You know how many kids this fool got, he can't afford not to do that. Ask anyone whose ever had to pay child support
DigitalBoom
The kid has promise but the fact remains he's just as focused on life outside the ring as he is on image which is a recipe for disaster. Wtf is up with the dancing? Them dances looked fruity tho. I watched that Quintero fight last night..he lost that fight man...no if's and or but's about it. If anything this kid should go into reclusive mode for two more years and focus on patching up the holes in his fight style because there are many. His stance for once is going to eventually get used against him by smarter opponents. When he goes into the barrage of punches thing he likes to do he leave himself wideeeee open for a counter plus he's a head hunter more than anything, needs to focus on doing more body damage to his opponents.
sduck
I'll just say that the sport needs people like Broner or else it'd be boring.
Jovi
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Broner is the future of Boxing!

How do you know he don't take care of his family? You know how many kids this fool got, he can't afford not to do that. Ask anyone whose ever had to pay child support

If Broner is the future then Boxing is in bad shape indeed lol. compared to the other up and comers Rigondeaux, Gary Russell jr, Charlo twins, Thurman, Toka Kahn (some kid from here in Rhode Island), Broner does seem to get the most recognition. But i can't say he's the future of boxing because i think he will lose before Mayweather retires. He'll get it by Thurman, Canelo after he loses to Mayweather, Matthysse will knock him down if he doesnt win because of judges. Those are 3 very possible fights that can be done before Mayweather retires. Idk unless he somehow turns it around and gets focused then i dont see him running the game.

I think Rigondeaux should be leading the pack but he messed up signing with Top Rank. He's too good for his own good. Gary russell will be a no name until he goes up against someone with a name. The Charlo twins will be up there but i think the one with the shorter hair is better, the one with the longer hair was getting worked by Bernard Hopkins's nephew in his last fight. Thurman i think will beat Broner when they meet if they do, Thurman got my respect in his last fight, he isn't as cocky and foolish as i thought he was, he actually has skills and can adjust to keep getting better. Toka kahn is some kid from here in RI who asked my current girl now out when they were in elementary school, dude is like a mini mike tyson, he is signed with top rank, he'll be racking up his KO's and get recognition soon. He's actually pretty good, young but very dedicated to the sport and it shows.

And yeah Child support is a killer, my Father still pays my mom for it now laugh.gif ...But i seen how he doesnt take care of his mother, shame.. no judgement but just observing
Jovi
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Aug 14 2013, 07:52 PM) *
The kid has promise but the fact remains he's just as focused on life outside the ring as he is on image which is a recipe for disaster. Wtf is up with the dancing? Them dances looked fruity tho. I watched that Quintero fight last night..he lost that fight man...no if's and or but's about it. If anything this kid should go into reclusive mode for two more years and focus on patching up the holes in his fight style because there are many. His stance for once is going to eventually get used against him by smarter opponents. When he goes into the barrage of punches thing he likes to do he leave himself wideeeee open for a counter plus he's a head hunter more than anything, needs to focus on doing more body damage to his opponents.

I need to watch that fight tonight. You right about the stance and having it used against him. Someone who can feint him and take advantage would be his worst nightmare. I thought of Mayweather vs Gatti when you said that.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 02:52 PM) *
That was a derogatory and racist rant against Manny and I do not support what he said. He had some compelling points but he ruined it with his bravado. I'm glad he's taking a step back now. The same thing people are calling on Broner to do is the same thing they want floyd to do....humble yourself

I wasn't talking about when May was making racist comments towards Manny, I am talking about when he actually made sense what he was saying about Manny. Supposedly he was responding to his fans that were making racists comments towards him. Two wrongs do no make a right. He should of taken the higher road.
BoxingStill#1
I found that entertaining. Lol.

Big man was bout to hurt his lil ass Lmao
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 14 2013, 08:30 PM) *
I wasn't talking about when May was making racist comments towards Manny, I am talking about when he actually made sense what he was saying about Manny. Supposedly he was responding to his fans that were making racists comments towards him. Two wrongs do no make a right. He should of taken the higher road.

He should've but the point is he does things in poor taste at times, and he's old enough to know better. Sure Floyd is maturing and that's a good sign, I believe Schafer and Hopkins have done some telling interviews about Broner since last week. Thy both seem to be tired of his antics and Schafer even said he's over the top with his act. If he can balance it out and be entertaining then he'll be fine but flushing money down the toilet and kicking on stripper is just too much. I can't get with that, he's only 23 but he's a pro athlete so he needs to nature alot faster then a regular 23yr old
Hotsauce
Looking at broner future there are 2 options.

zab judah or floyd mayweather
mrchitown
I agree Hotsauce
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 09:14 PM) *
He should've but the point is he does things in poor taste at times, and he's old enough to know better. Sure Floyd is maturing and that's a good sign, I believe Schafer and Hopkins have done some telling interviews about Broner since last week. Thy both seem to be tired of his antics and Schafer even said he's over the top with his act. If he can balance it out and be entertaining then he'll be fine but flushing money down the toilet and kicking on stripper is just too much. I can't get with that, he's only 23 but he's a pro athlete so he needs to nature alot faster then a regular 23yr old

I agree with everything you posted especially the last part of your post. There a lot of young boxers who carry themselves with much higher class and regard: Mares, Canelo, Charlo Twins, Gary Russell Jr, The 21 year old boxer Gonzalez, Thurman, Garcia, Peterson, Wilder is a young fighter. Even at 23 Mayweather was pretty reserved

Broner should balance his act, you are right. People sometimes want to see the real you. AND NO ONE WEARS GOLD CHAINS ANYMORE! All the bullshit Broner has done has gotten a negative reaction, but a reaction nevertheless, I hope his handlers pull him back a bit. A great talent Broner is, but Talent only gets you halfway there.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 14 2013, 09:30 PM) *
Looking at broner future there are 2 options.

zab judah or floyd mayweather

Very nice! Good call on that one. I agree bro. Broner can go either side. I hope Golden Boy is talking to him, or even Al Haymon.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 14 2013, 08:06 PM) *
If Broner is the future then Boxing is in bad shape indeed lol. compared to the other up and comers Rigondeaux, Gary Russell jr, Charlo twins, Thurman, Toka Kahn (some kid from here in Rhode Island), Broner does seem to get the most recognition. But i can't say he's the future of boxing because i think he will lose before Mayweather retires. He'll get it by Thurman, Canelo after he loses to Mayweather, Matthysse will knock him down if he doesnt win because of judges. Those are 3 very possible fights that can be done before Mayweather retires. Idk unless he somehow turns it around and gets focused then i dont see him running the game.

I think Rigondeaux should be leading the pack but he messed up signing with Top Rank. He's too good for his own good. Gary russell will be a no name until he goes up against someone with a name. The Charlo twins will be up there but i think the one with the shorter hair is better, the one with the longer hair was getting worked by Bernard Hopkins's nephew in his last fight. Thurman i think will beat Broner when they meet if they do, Thurman got my respect in his last fight, he isn't as cocky and foolish as i thought he was, he actually has skills and can adjust to keep getting better. Toka kahn is some kid from here in RI who asked my current girl now out when they were in elementary school, dude is like a mini mike tyson, he is signed with top rank, he'll be racking up his KO's and get recognition soon. He's actually pretty good, young but very dedicated to the sport and it shows.

And yeah Child support is a killer, my Father still pays my mom for it now laugh.gif ...But i seen how he doesnt take care of his mother, shame.. no judgement but just observing

It's worse then him out there yall just don't know it. I think yall making me a bigger fan of his then I really am, lol. I think he along with some of the guys you mentioned are the future. I rock with one time but the more Broner settles into welter the less likely I see him besting Adrien. I see special abilities in Adrien I just see a champion in Thurman. Broner needs to stay away from Canelo and I don't know if Matthyse beats him. He took l's to Zab and Devon, he's no machine. He just another fighter who was matched properly after those losses

Tell your pops I will only bill him $65 an hour to get out of that lol. Child support kills man lol. In never heard of him not taking care of his mom's hut that makes sense because I only see him with his father. I hope there not on the outs, a man needs his mother
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 15 2013, 05:46 AM) *
I agree with everything you posted especially the last part of your post. There a lot of young boxers who carry themselves with much higher class and regard: Mares, Canelo, Charlo Twins, Gary Russell Jr, The 21 year old boxer Gonzalez, Thurman, Garcia, Peterson, Wilder is a young fighter. Even at 23 Mayweather was pretty reserved

Broner should balance his act, you are right. People sometimes want to see the real you. AND NO ONE WEARS GOLD CHAINS ANYMORE! All the bullshit Broner has done has gotten a negative reaction, but a reaction nevertheless, I hope his handlers pull him back a bit. A great talent Broner is, but Talent only gets you halfway there.

Very nice! Good call on that one. I agree bro. Broner can go either side. I hope Golden Boy is talking to him, or even Al Haymon.

I'm a big mares fan. Broner could take notes from some of these fighters especially Russell Jr because he talks some trash but he doesn't push the envelope the way Adrien does. It seems like he watched boxing and decided to be a circus act but times a thousand. He'll humble himself or he will get humbled inside that squared circle
truth
Broner has talent but he lacks discipline i dont see him going through his career without a L in fact i think it would help him he would become more focused as far as thurman goes im not sold on either one yet. But between the two i think he has the most potential because he wants to be great and will continue to hone his craft broner think he's great already which is why i feel if he doesnt get serious just like it was already said he will be a gate keeper like zab or berto
MaxPayne
It's like I'm watching the degradation of society in front of my own eyes.

Adrien Broner represents this whole YOLO / Swag / skinny jeans / aimless / lost half a fag generation that is going on right now.

Does he have extreme talent ? Absolutely.

But that's the thing. He ain't really about that boxing life.

This kid wants to be Floyd, but doesn't have the discipline to even get on that path.

It doesn't work out in the end. We done seen it before with Tyson, Prince Naseem and so many other great fighters.

It's not enough to just get into the gym and train. You have to be about that warrior lifestyle. You can't be drinking, smoking or even fucking around with too many bitches.

You need to have a single-minded dedication towards being at your physical peak almost every day. Even when Floyd is on vacation, the guy is training and thinking about boxing. Same with guys like Terrell Owens. That dude is 40 and ain't even in the league no more, but he's more chiseled than half the dudes in the NFL.

Is it possible to be an extremely successful athlete with little regard to training or preparation ? Absolutely. 2 famous examples are Lawrence Taylor and Deion Sanders.

Having said that, those 2 are the kinds of once-in-a-lifetime type talents that are just a cut above everyone else. Them motherfuckers can stay doing whatever and still whoop everybody's ass.

Broner is not that kind of a talent. Hell, even Floyd isn't (strictly speaking, athletically). Boxing is also a completely different animal. One significant error and you can be waking up in the hospital.

I just hate it because young people will look up to Broner, but he ain't about shit.

How you 24 years old and already got 5 kids by multiple hoes ? How you in the strip club eating diseased pussy on Worldstar ? How you tryna be a "rapper", but your rap shit is worse than Trinidad James (and that's really saying something) ? How you riding around smoking and drinking and you talmbout "I'm about to be the greatest ever !"

This is that bullshit. I'm calling it right now. He's going to take an L and it may happen very soon.

Yeah motherfucker. You're "about billions" but you ain't about that boxing life.
Jovi
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 17 2013, 12:38 AM) *

Adrien Broner represents this whole YOLO / Swag / skinny jeans / aimless / lost half a fag generation that is going on right now.

This kid wants to be Floyd, but doesn't have the discipline to even get on that path.

It doesn't work out in the end. We done seen it before with Tyson, Prince Naseem and so many other great fighters.

It's not enough to just get into the gym and train. You have to be about that warrior lifestyle. You can't be drinking, smoking or even fucking around with too many bitches.

You need to have a single-minded dedication towards being at your physical peak almost every day. Even when Floyd is on vacation, the guy is training and thinking about boxing. Same with guys like Terrell Owens. That dude is 40 and ain't even in the league no more, but he's more chiseled than half the dudes in the NFL.

Is it possible to be an extremely successful athlete with little regard to training or preparation ? Absolutely. 2 famous examples are Lawrence Taylor and Deion Sanders.

Having said that, those 2 are the kinds of once-in-a-lifetime type talents that are just a cut above everyone else. Them motherfuckers can stay doing whatever and still whoop everybody's ass.

Broner is not that kind of a talent. Hell, even Floyd isn't (strictly speaking, athletically). Boxing is also a completely different animal. One significant error and you can be waking up in the hospital.

I just hate it because young people will look up to Broner, but he ain't about shit.

How you 24 years old and already got 5 kids by multiple hoes ? How you in the strip club eating diseased pussy on Worldstar ? How you tryna be a "rapper", but your rap shit is worse than Trinidad James (and that's really saying something) ? How you riding around smoking and drinking and you talmbout "I'm about to be the greatest ever !"

This is that bullshit. I'm calling it right now. He's going to take an L and it may happen very soon.

Yeah motherfucker. You're "about billions" but you ain't about that boxing life.

That's all that i been tryna say!
Dolimite
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 16 2013, 08:38 PM) *

^^^ THREAD. watch it, some may call you a hater for actually speaking the truth. Shit is so true. I call that cat a Section 8 mentality type of dude.
checkleft
Judging by this thread and its responses, broner is already a superstar.

I mean what did you guys expect if a camera got put in his face?

You guys act like you can't change the channel, he isn't my role model I just wanna see the guy fight. I think you guys are taking things to emotionally. Have you guys been outside lately?? Sorry to say it bit there's a whole generation of people like/worse than broner. Deal with it

People used to talk about Floyd like this, why do you think he's the ppv king now.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 14 2013, 12:26 PM) *
He got the gusto! Not only that but got off! Tomlin didn't want him back as the QB. He actually wanted Vick when Vick got out of his jail. Ben is a piece of shit.

I cant even hate the guy for having a top tier legal team, yeah it sucks, but that's what lawyers are for. I actually like him on the field, but damn, dude just straight took some ass, and kept it moving. Smh

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 01:37 PM) *
I look at the way Vick got and gets treated and how these other people stuff play out. Vick wasn't even around for that mess but Rothlesberger was there when his troubles started, them females went into detailed accounts of what he did. It's ridiculous to look back and see how he didn't even get a slap on the wrist, just woke up and got ready for another day

Right...like, literally nothing happened. If any type of finger was lifted, it was probably to pay the victims...if that much even happened. Michael Vick will always be hated for what he...what a sad reality.

Do you remember his documentary after he got out of prison? The details of that stuff was scary, and the way he was telling the story, it's almost like he was somewhat proud of it, and may end up doing it again, if he could get away with it.

That's not any type of judgement towards Vick, but you can just listen to somebody, and tell whether or not they're gonna do something again. It's like a chick or dude, coming to you complaining about how they caught their significant other cheating on them. You can pretty much pin point whose gonna go back to the cheater...just by their responses.

I remember the part about him saying how he would fly out to VA every Tuesday (I believe, but it was once a week, every week), and check on the dogs and so on. Maybe Vick just has that silly grin-type look on his face, or maybe it was a nervous grin, but it didn't do much to convince the butthurt folks out there.

Watching how cases get handled, based on race, is hard to watch nowadays. no2.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 19 2013, 11:06 AM) *
I cant even hate the guy for having a top tier legal team, yeah it sucks, but that's what lawyers are for. I actually like him on the field, but damn, dude just straight took some ass, and kept it moving. Smh

Right...like, literally nothing happened. If any type of finger was lifted, it was probably to pay the victims...if that much even happened. Michael Vick will always be hated for what he...what a sad reality.

Do you remember his documentary after he got out of prison? The details of that stuff was scary, and the way he was telling the story, it's almost like he was somewhat proud of it, and may end up doing it again, if he could get away with it.

That's not any type of judgement towards Vick, but you can just listen to somebody, and tell whether or not they're gonna do something again. It's like a chick or dude, coming to you complaining about how they caught their significant other cheating on them. You can pretty much pin point whose gonna go back to the cheater...just by their responses.

I remember the part about him saying how he would fly out to VA every Tuesday (I believe, but it was once a week, every week), and check on the dogs and so on. Maybe Vick just has that silly grin-type look on his face, or maybe it was a nervous grin, but it didn't do much to convince the butthurt folks out there.

Watching how cases get handled, based on race, is hard to watch nowadays. no2.gif

I didn't give a shit if he fought dogs, I literally was shocked that he went to fed prison for the shit. The dude I use to live across the street from fought dogs every Friday, cops would be there watching and placing bets along with the other people that were there. It was bullshit from jump. But Vick didn't help himself out. He should of told the truth and been done with it. All that money and he was still acting like a dumb ass. I am glad he seems to be settled and he is killing the pre season right now. So yeah, I picked up in one of my fantasy football squads.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 19 2013, 02:38 PM) *
I didn't give a shit if he fought dogs, I literally was shocked that he went to fed prison for the shit. The dude I use to live across the street from fought dogs every Friday, cops would be there watching and placing bets along with the other people that were there. It was bullshit from jump. But Vick didn't help himself out. He should of told the truth and been done with it. All that money and he was still acting like a dumb ass. I am glad he seems to be settled and he is killing the pre season right now. So yeah, I picked up in one of my fantasy football squads.

The cops are who they are...they're normal citizens like us, but they enforce laws. Hell, some of those cops who took part in the dog fighting, may have been underpaid and disgruntled. Speaking of that, Vick admitted that one day, the cops pulled up to their dog ring, and said nothing at all. Instead, they just hopped in the car and left. Im sure that gave Vick some sense of power, being that he wasn't arrested on that particular occasion.

I agree, he should've told the truth when asked about it the first time. Really though, who tells the truth the first time around? Not to say that everybody omits the truth (the first time around), but those contracts to the tune of $135M and crazy endorsements, could give two shits about telling the truth...especially if it's gonna ruin what they have.

Anyhow, I'm also glad to see that he appears to settled (read: being a good boy and not giving people any further reasons to scrutinized him), because it appeared as if people were gonna hate him forever. I'm glad that football is his main focus and he's dedicating himself more to it.

Let's be real, before he got popped for that puppy stuff, he was really starting to become a dick. That ranges from flipping off fans, having that mystery "water bottle" at the airport, walking around with that "kiss my ass" attitude, and most of all...one thing he REALLY couldn't help...just having a stupid brother who found new ways to tarnish Mike's image, by being a cunt off the field. What ever happened to Marcus Vick anyway??? laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 19 2013, 11:49 AM) *
The cops are who they are...they're normal citizens like us, but they enforce laws. Hell, some of those cops who took part in the dog fighting, may have been underpaid and disgruntled. Speaking of that, Vick admitted that one day, the cops pulled up to their dog ring, and said nothing at all. Instead, they just hopped in the car and left. Im sure that gave Vick some sense of power, being that he wasn't arrested on that particular occasion.

I agree, he should've told the truth when asked about it the first time. Really though, who tells the truth the first time around? Not to say that everybody omits the truth (the first time around), but those contracts to the tune of $135M and crazy endorsements, could give two shits about telling the truth...especially if it's gonna ruin what they have.

Anyhow, I'm also glad to see that he appears to settled (read: being a good boy and not giving people any further reasons to scrutinized him), because it appeared as if people were gonna hate him forever. I'm glad that football is his main focus and he's dedicating himself more to it.

Let's be real, before he got popped for that puppy stuff, he was really starting to become a dick. That ranges from flipping off fans, having that mystery "water bottle" at the airport, walking around with that "kiss my ass" attitude, and most of all...one thing he REALLY couldn't help...just having a stupid brother who found new ways to tarnish Mike's image, by being a cunt off the field. What ever happened to Marcus Vick anyway??? laugh.gif

The Lord works in mysterious ways. I think he was smelling himself. He boys flipped on him with a quickness! Can't trust broke bitches! Naw, they still hate the guy, you think he would of raped someone or killed someone the way they carry on about his dog fighting. Cops are the worse. Marcus Vick is a twitter star. That kid could of been decent but he fucked up at V-Tech and he took his last name for granted. Dummy!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 19 2013, 01:06 PM) *

I'm hoping Broner doesn't end up like this but sometimes life needs to bite you in the ass in order for you to humble yourself....man Vick did seem like he would jump back in it if it was possible. He better exercise better judgement because if he gets caught again he ain't seeing the light of day.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 19 2013, 08:39 PM) *
I'm hoping Broner doesn't end up like this but sometimes life needs to bite you in the ass in order for you to humble yourself....man Vick did seem like he would jump back in it if it was possible. He better exercise better judgement because if he gets caught again he ain't seeing the light of day.

He lives in Philly and I think he does have a dog but I doubt if his wife and Philly organization would even give him time to do something that dumb. i think he made a childish mistake and he is done with that. He has done a lot of good. Just gave 200K to an inner city pop warner team to redo their football field.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 19 2013, 10:38 PM) *
The Lord works in mysterious ways. I think he was smelling himself. He boys flipped on him with a quickness! Can't trust broke bitches! Naw, they still hate the guy, you think he would of raped someone or killed someone the way they carry on about his dog fighting. Cops are the worse. Marcus Vick is a twitter star. That kid could of been decent but he fucked up at V-Tech and he took his last name for granted. Dummy!

Yes He does...let's have some church up in here! Where is the tambourine and the grand piano...Baptist style church fits this situation well. Lol

You're right, Vick was riding his own hype and paid for it in the end. I mean damn, he was highest paid player, and could hardly get his team past the regular season. You had the Manning brothers, Brady, and a couple of other QBs putting in crazy work. I think Vick's whole "gift of running", put in his mind that he could half-ass his QB duties, but make up for it by moving the ball and racking up yards.

His boys were different style of scum, but scum, nonetheless. Didn't his cousin give him up? I was always warned not to trust a cousin any damn way, lol. Sometimes, the "less detrimental" things that people do (at least in their view), end up being worse than the big no-nos. It's a true statement, especially when guys are getting more selling dope, than killing people.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 19 2013, 11:39 PM) *

Oh how life bites us in the ass...it's almost worse than getting bit by a horse. Just when you don't think you're gonna get kicked, you get bit. PS: I've seen someone get bit by a horse...you be a reeeeal piece of shit to get bit by a horse.

Anyway, I hope the man uses better judgement...and steps his vocabulary up, the next time he happens to get in trouble. Throughout that CBS interview, not only did he look like a criminal (in the eyes of those who hated him for what he did), but he sounded like a repeat 3rd grader, with those silly words he was using. laugh.gif

I was like, "C'mon Vick, I know your team gave you the rundown of what to say and how to say it". He just kept saying that he felt "bad", and he tried to step it up by saying that he "disgusted" with himself. When you say words like "disgusted", you gotta sound "disappointed" and have this crazy look in your eye. Vick just rolled with the silly smirk-like look, which I'll admit, was funny as hell! Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 19 2013, 10:55 PM) *
He lives in Philly and I think he does have a dog but I doubt if his wife and Philly organization would even give him time to do something that dumb. i think he made a childish mistake and he is done with that. He has done a lot of good. Just gave 200K to an inner city pop warner team to redo their football field.

And he got named the starter, shouldn't of even been a question about that
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 20 2013, 03:36 PM) *
Yes He does...let's have some church up in here! Where is the tambourine and the grand piano...Baptist style church fits this situation well. Lol

You're right, Vick was riding his own hype and paid for it in the end. I mean damn, he was highest paid player, and could hardly get his team past the regular season. You had the Manning brothers, Brady, and a couple of other QBs putting in crazy work. I think Vick's whole "gift of running", put in his mind that he could half-ass his QB duties, but make up for it by moving the ball and racking up yards.

His boys were different style of scum, but scum, nonetheless. Didn't his cousin give him up? I was always warned not to trust a cousin any damn way, lol. Sometimes, the "less detrimental" things that people do (at least in their view), end up being worse than the big no-nos. It's a true statement, especially when guys are getting more selling dope, than killing people.

Oh how life bites us in the ass...it's almost worse than getting bit by a horse. Just when you don't think you're gonna get kicked, you get bit. PS: I've seen someone get bit by a horse...you be a reeeeal piece of shit to get bit by a horse.

Anyway, I hope the man uses better judgement...and steps his vocabulary up, the next time he happens to get in trouble. Throughout that CBS interview, not only did he look like a criminal (in the eyes of those who hated him for what he did), but he sounded like a repeat 3rd grader, with those silly words he was using. laugh.gif

I was like, "C'mon Vick, I know your team gave you the rundown of what to say and how to say it". He just kept saying that he felt "bad", and he tried to step it up by saying that he "disgusted" with himself. When you say words like "disgusted", you gotta sound "disappointed" and have this crazy look in your eye. Vick just rolled with the silly smirk-like look, which I'll admit, was funny as hell! Lol

I'm hoping Vick's grin was a nervous thing but it was hilarious, I've seen some entertaining interviews on cbs.....they know how to bring the comedy. especially when it's not meant to be funny like the camron interview he did about snitching lol.....Vick is right up there, I think he just wanted to be done with the whole thing and play ball

His cousin is a piece of shit, what upset me about the situation is they really were the main culprits and gave him up to save themselves. The only reason they walked is because Vick is black and a well known star, they needed a face for dog fighting and he gave them that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.