Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab Judah
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
I'm proud of Zab. He's has a very good career. When he came out, I thought he was the next big thing. then Tszyu happened and he went to a bad place for several years. He became kind of a bad guy. He's really matured and turned himself around. I'm happy to see that in a young man. Keep up the great stuff Zab. I'm a fan, and want to see your success continue whether its through fighting or promoting.
mgrover
I wanna see him vs Broner at 140.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 20 2013, 04:48 AM) *

YES! Would not be surprised to see that IF he gets by Maidana.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 20 2013, 04:48 AM) *

Yea, but here's the thing, Broner is about to cross into the PPV threshold. Depending on the success of it (which I'm sure it will have some), that will be the norm for him, meaning for Zab, that he needs some meaningful wins in order to be presented to a fight like that. Either way you put it, a Broner-Judah fight is unrealistic at this point. Now if Zab had beaten Danny, and followed it up with a solid win against Matthysse, then this fight would be on a lot more people minds. GBP is trying to build a cash cow out of Broner, if there were to be a fight with him and Judah at this point, it would be a shot in the foot.
leonthegee
Good for Zab. Golden Boy has a nice roster and Zabs at that point in his career where he's going to be that stepping stone type fighter. Not really glamorous but a way to earn a nice living.
Cshel86
There are still some nice fights for him at 140, and the way he closed out the Garcia fight, gives him yet another shot at big fights. I'm wondering how long he'll still be able to make 140, being that he had slight issues making weight this past April.

If he wants to end his career at WW, then I still wouldn't mind seeing him against Alexander, in St. Louis, perhaps. Other than that, GBP can build Peterson back up, and we can get Judah/Peterson, either in DC or the Barclay's...or a more neutral location, like Atlantic City.
MAHDI
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 20 2013, 03:32 AM) *
I'm proud of Zab. He's has a very good career. When he came out, I thought he was the next big thing. then Tszyu happened and he went to a bad place for several years. He became kind of a bad guy. He's really matured and turned himself around. I'm happy to see that in a young man. Keep up the great stuff Zab. I'm a fan, and want to see your success continue whether its through fighting or promoting.

I feel you but I think Zab is wasted investment. People in his own backyard booed him in his last fight and when he asked on mic to his BROOKLYN CROWD did they want him to go on he got no response. I mean I am happy he will get at-least another payday but I just don't see him beating any top guys... Mosely vs Judah and the loser calls it quits..
mrchitown
I'm a big Zab fan, so I'm happy to hear this news. Hopefully he can get back in the win column and make some more exciting fights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.