Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curtis Stevens vs gennady golovkin
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
jtiizzle
What you guys think..it goes no more than 4 rounds
daprofessor
stevens painted himself in a corner by mentioning ggg's name. taking this fight is damage control. everyone knows he didn't really want it...but here we are. it'll be a shootout while it lasts....i'm saying ggg gets him. stevens brutal ko's have come against guys who were down and out. ggg is on the rise. both are very precise punchers. i see more holes in stevens defense than in ggg's.
mrchitown
Bad for Curtis, this fight would've been something special if it happens late next year but I don't see Curtis winning this one. His best chance to win is hope GGG comes straight at him and he can clip him with something
jtiizzle
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2013, 12:45 PM) *
stevens painted himself in a corner by mentioning ggg's name. taking this fight is damage control. everyone knows he didn't really want it...but here we are. it'll be a shootout while it lasts....i'm saying ggg gets him. stevens brutal ko's have come against guys who were down and out. ggg is on the rise. both are very precise punchers. i see more holes in stevens defense than in ggg's.

he gases out too, i think he wanted the fight just wanted that extra pay as a sort of insurance policy for the beatdown..i think GGG too much for him right now mind you he got stopped by a guy with 19 loses
mgrover
I think the problem with fighting GGG is that most give him too much respect in the ring and more or less are terrified of him. So before there even in the ring, they've lost. He has that aura Tyson had, Pac had. Those people that just seem to have some animal inside them.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 20 2013, 04:49 PM) *
I think the problem with fighting GGG is that most give him too much respect in the ring and more or less are terrified of him. So before there even in the ring, they've lost. He has that aura Tyson had, Pac had. Those people that just seem to have some animal inside them.

the respect is warranted because he can end things quickly....just like pac and tyson.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2013, 05:58 PM) *
the respect is warranted because he can end things quickly....just like pac and tyson.

But you can't go into a fight looking not to get knocked out, your suppose to go in to win.

Both of these guys haven't really fought anyone like that, and I expect both to lose (Stevens has once already) when they meet the someone does come in to win instead of just trying to survive. Rosado was giving gennady something to think about and he was the smaller guy, and stevens has gotten stopped already. But ill be tunned in for a good night of boxing while it lasts

Curtis still has my candidate for ko of the year.. and runner up is probably Lucas vs Dallas Jr but I'd have to review the rest.

mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2013, 11:58 PM) *

I know that, but people aren't respecting it, there terrified of it. Like Mattysse vs Peterson, Peterson went in there terrified of the hype about his power.
xxxxxx
I think its a give and take type fight until GGG takes over and stops Stevens mid to late rounds. Excellent fight though, can't wait.
leonthegee
3G fan boys will probably still try and claim Stevens is ducking him, even though they have a fight on the books.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 21 2013, 06:36 AM) *
I know that, but people aren't respecting it, there terrified of it. Like Mattysse vs Peterson, Peterson went in there terrified of the hype about his power.

Lamont is always like that against strong punchers.. like against ortiz, its just that he usually weathers the storm. Now that I think about it lamont always falls into slugging even when it doesn't favor him
Dolimite
I like this fight. I think it will be interesting. I wonder if Stevens cracks GGG can GGG take a hit. I like this fight. Great year for boxing!
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 21 2013, 02:20 AM) *
But you can't go into a fight looking not to get knocked out, your suppose to go in to win.

Both of these guys haven't really fought anyone like that, and I expect both to lose (Stevens has once already) when they meet the someone does come in to win instead of just trying to survive. Rosado was giving gennady something to think about and he was the smaller guy, and stevens has gotten stopped already. But ill be tunned in for a good night of boxing while it lasts

Curtis still has my candidate for ko of the year.. and runner up is probably Lucas vs Dallas Jr but I'd have to review the rest.

u have to box him...take some of the steam out of him. i think if stevens tries to jump on him early...he's going to get ko'd. i thought rosado had the right idea. the problem was he got cut up and banged up quick and so it was pretty much down hill from there. had he avoided some of those biggers shots earlier....who knows how that would have played out? defense wins championships. it's that simple. not getting knocked out is part of having good defense. laugh.gif

what other ko of the year candidates are there?
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2013, 08:26 PM) *
u have to box him...take some of the steam out of him. i think if stevens tries to jump on him early...he's going to get ko'd. i thought rosado had the right idea. the problem was he got cut up and banged up quick and so it was pretty much down hill from there. had he avoided some of those biggers shots earlier....who knows how that would have played out? defense wins championships. it's that simple. not getting knocked out is part of having good defense. laugh.gif

what other ko of the year candidates are there?

Stevenson, Lucas again, Danny Garcia, wilder, Jones.. theres been a few
Hotsauce
do we pray for stevens?
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 21 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Lamont is always like that against strong punchers.. like against ortiz, its just that he usually weathers the storm. Now that I think about it lamont always falls into slugging even when it doesn't favor him

True but he was trying to keep his distance, which let Mattysse fully extend those sticks with bricks he calls arms
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2013, 05:57 AM) *
True but he was trying to keep his distance, which let Mattysse fully extend those sticks with bricks he calls arms

peterson also blinds himself with his defense by balling up and he squares up.
emd01
Stevens is going to be like a heavy bag with arms.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.