Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mares vs gonzalez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
any predictions? santa cruz is on the under card. can these two be headed towards a showdown?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2013, 06:59 PM) *
any predictions? santa cruz is on the under card. can these two be headed towards a showdown?

This Gonzalez cat, just might pull it off. Well, Check told me not to sleep on him. With that in mind, what Gonzalez fight do I need to watch?
Dolimite
Mares seems to always step up to the moment so I don't know who to pick for this fight. What I will do is watch a an exciting fight. I have to steak in this fight, so whoever wins, good job.
mrchitown
I'm going for Mares in this one
The Original MrFactor
I think Mares speed will be too much for Gonzalez. Gonzalez is a fairly solid opponent, but its another setup to make Mares look good. Lets get lil Abner in there with Donaire or Rigondeaux to see how good he really is.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 20 2013, 08:45 PM) *
This Gonzalez cat, just might pull it off. Well, Check told me not to sleep on him. With that in mind, what Gonzalez fight do I need to watch?

Johnny can crack and mares is no defensive wizard, I still like mares in this fight but this dude is dangerous. If mares wins relatively easy I better start seeing him in yalls p4p lists cause this kid is on a roll.
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 21 2013, 01:15 AM) *
I think Mares speed will be too much for Gonzalez. Gonzalez is a fairly solid opponent, but its another setup to make Mares look good. Lets get lil Abner in there with Donaire or Rigondeaux to see how good he really is.

Won't happen as long as both are with top rank. Mares sent an offer to donaire before the rigo fight was made and I think before the other fight to against that grandpa and TR turned it down. He's called out both and beaten everyone else with rank in his divisions, this kid is a stud. I thought moreno had the best shot at beating him and he beat him (albeit in a rough dirty fashion). I haven't seen him peak yet and he's still pretty young. If he gets passed johnny him and Santa Cruz need to get it on! Foty!
checkleft
BTW don't miss this card! Barring some accidental headbutt or something we are in for a treat! If you don't have showtime stream it go to a bar, yo mamas, grandmas, uncles, buddys, crack a cold one and sit back and watch them crack!this card hasn't gotten much attention but if these guys can keep winning, the future of boxing is on tomorrow.

I cannot complain about this year in boxing!!! Great fights already and we still have nearly four months to go!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 20 2013, 09:13 PM) *
Mares seems to always step up to the moment so I don't know who to pick for this fight. What I will do is watch a an exciting fight. I have to steak in this fight, so whoever wins, good job.

well done? or medium rare? laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 21 2013, 01:15 AM) *

the rigondeaux fight is the biggest fight out there for him. i found it funny that he decided to move up in weight after rigondeaux schooled donaire. i think mares beats donaire...but rigondeaux is in a different class.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 21 2013, 02:05 AM) *
BTW don't miss this card! Barring some accidental headbutt or something we are in for a treat! If you don't have showtime stream it go to a bar, yo mamas, grandmas, uncles, buddys, crack a cold one and sit back and watch them crack!this card hasn't gotten much attention but if these guys can keep winning, the future of boxing is on tomorrow.

I cannot complain about this year in boxing!!! Great fights already and we still have nearly four months to go!

this has been a great year in boxing!!! i saw an article that i didn't even bother reading because them fools have no clue. it's always someone complaining about some fight that didn't happen...meanwhile, they're missing all the good ones that are happening!

i'll be at this one this weekend. anyone else going?
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2013, 02:54 PM) *
this has been a great year in boxing!!! i saw an article that i didn't even bother reading because them fools have no clue. it's always someone complaining about some fight that didn't happen...meanwhile, they're missing all the good ones that are happening!

i'll be at this one this weekend. anyone else going?

Allow me to get my roger on, anyone complaining about this year don't know shit about boxing! This whole rivalry thing with TR and GBP HBO and Showtime is actually turning out to be a good thing! The promoters are competing because the networks are competing and they won't take many shit fights.

Lucky sob, I wanted to go but I have camp work and a ton of homework :$

Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2013, 10:50 AM) *
well done? or medium rare? laugh.gif

STAKE!!! Good call!
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 21 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Allow me to get my roger on, anyone complaining about this year don't know shit about boxing! This whole rivalry thing with TR and GBP HBO and Showtime is actually turning out to be a good thing! The promoters are competing because the networks are competing and they won't take many shit fights.

Lucky sob, I wanted to go but I have camp work and a ton of homework :$

i was just talking with a co-worker....and we pretty much agreed...this is going to be another morales/barrera, vasquez/marquez type of fight. should be a barn burner.
flazi
i like gonzalez but he seems to fold once the going gets tough and mares is tough albeit unfairly. he had my boy vasquez down twice but vasquez put heat on this kid and ended up ko'ing him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Aug 22 2013, 01:06 PM) *
i like gonzalez but he seems to fold once the going gets tough and mares is tough albeit unfairly. he had my boy vasquez down twice but vasquez put heat on this kid and ended up ko'ing him.

that was a hell of a fight and seems like it happened a long ass time ago. i forgot about that one!!!
flazi
hell of a fight. i miss vasquez. i actually want someone to beat mares and at his own dirty games.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Aug 22 2013, 06:05 PM) *
hell of a fight. i miss vasquez. i actually want someone to beat mares and at his own dirty games.

i think rigondeaux is going to be the guy to school him. that shit isn't going to work against him. he got away with murder in the agbeko fights and the moreno fights.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 23 2013, 08:40 PM) *
i think rigondeaux is going to be the guy to school him. that shit isn't going to work against him. he got away with murder in the agbeko fights and the moreno fights.

Moreno is my boy to..

Mares looks pretty solid at this weight in other news
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.