Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mathysse to spar with Tim Bradley and Juan Diaz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
emd01
I like the idea of him getting work from high caliber opponents in sparring. I really think Mathysse is focused more than ever on a win. Thoughts?
checkleft
Is he sparring with them or are you just floating an idea??

Neither guy really fights like Danny but some work with Tim Bradley will definitely not do him harm
Gambit808
What is this a rumor or question?
daprofessor
no.
emd01
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 22 2013, 01:17 PM) *
What is this a rumor or question?

Its not a rumor. Mathysse is going to Cali to spar with Bradley and Diaz.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 22 2013, 01:41 PM) *
no.

Why not? He'll be sparring against a current champion and a top WW. I'm not saying either guy can emulate Garcia but it has to be better than sparring with the usual cab driver.
emd01
Heres the link to the story. Sorry but couldnt remember where i read it.

http://thaboxingvoice.com/trainer-matthyss...in-the-us/17692
mrchitown
I don't know, I really don't like the idea of any combination of them sparring each other in this situation
checkleft
QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 22 2013, 08:38 PM) *

Why not? He'll be sparring against a current champion and a top WW. I'm not saying either guy can emulate Garcia but it has to be better than sparring with the usual cab driver.

He's had some good sparring partners. He doesn't take camp lightly, last year he was sparring sergio martinez. This guy puts in work

And its not like he will have a chance of fighting Bradley as long as Tim stays with top rank so its definitely tough sparring but I don't think it helps him with garcias style. If anything it helps Bradley prepare for those marquez wicked right hands
BrutUalBK
Well, it all depends on how you view the situation; it is great from the perspective that Lucas will get some high caliber fighters to help him against crafty boxers but then again from the perspective that they (Bradley and Diaz-more likely Tim) will probably one day become a future opponent it could be a detriment if they could figure out his weaknesses and use them against him later in a prize fight.

I remember when Floyd and Chico sparred years ago and Money said that "it was easy work" and went on to prove how easy it was as he put on a clinic in what I view as Mayweather's best and most dominant fight to date.
daprofessor
QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 22 2013, 07:38 PM) *

no, u can't just pull shit like this out of your ass and try to pass it as truth in a forum.

no, because if u know anything about boxing...these guys are all potential opponents, so working with each other for sparring is highly unlikely, especially when u consider they with rival promoters.

no, because tim bradley is a world champion...why would he go to argentina to spar a guy who is nothing like jmm?

no, because juan diaz is on the trail end of his career...and he's not going to travel all the way from texas to cali or argentina for the small money they would pay him to get his ass beat.

no, because none of these guys look like any of their next opponents...plus juan diaz just fought last week.

failed attempt at a thread...pose it in it's proper perspective....for example:

what if tim bradley or juan diaz were used for sparring for lucas matthysse?
daprofessor
QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 22 2013, 07:44 PM) *
Heres the link to the story. Sorry but couldnt remember where i read it.

http://thaboxingvoice.com/trainer-matthyss...in-the-us/17692

i stand corrected. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 23 2013, 12:14 AM) *
I don't know, I really don't like the idea of any combination of them sparring each other in this situation

neither do i. it makes absolutely no sense to me. my pick of garcia by ko has just been reinforced by this useless move.
sduck
Idk, he'd be sparring some legit guys, good to tough him up for the fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 23 2013, 06:45 PM) *
Idk, he'd be sparring some legit guys, good to tough him up for the fight.

ask jorge linares how that worked for him in his preparation for demarco. laugh.gif
emd01
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 23 2013, 04:10 PM) *
ask jorge linares how that worked for him in his preparation for demarco. laugh.gif

Matty isnt Linares. He's going to knock Garcias head off.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 23 2013, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 24 2013, 05:23 AM) *
Matty isnt Linares. He's going to knock Garcias head off.

Lol at both of you guys
The Original MrFactor
He looked weight drained and withdrawn in the interview during the Mares card. He's had weight issues, coming in on fight nite at close to 160. He looks very big for 140, so I wonder if he's going to have stamina issues on fight night.
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 25 2013, 05:24 PM) *
He looked weight drained and withdrawn in the interview during the Mares card. He's had weight issues, coming in on fight nite at close to 160. He looks very big for 140, so I wonder if he's going to have stamina issues on fight night.

I thought he looked tired but the weight could be an issue. I mean he does train in Argentina so he could be exhausted from the flight
emd01
I'd say Garcia would have a much harder time making 140 than Matthysse. Danny is a big boy for 140.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 25 2013, 04:24 PM) *

now he's stepping in the ring with a guy who can possibly soften him up for sparring. bradley is no joke. not exactly the kind of guy u want to spar before the biggest fight of your career.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 25 2013, 05:18 PM) *
I thought he looked tired but the weight could be an issue. I mean he does train in Argentina so he could be exhausted from the flight

we're 3 weeks out...these things make a huge difference. he was smart to not partake in the promotional tour. i have to question his move to spar bradley.
Gambit808
I think this is a good move for whom ever of the 3 gets the better of the others in sparring Lol. For Matthysse, the difference in styles between his sparring mates and opponent are clear, but they do offer certain qualities in which can be prepped for against Danny. If he's able to deal with em well, then I think it would play out well for him during the fight through experience and even more confidence. I don't think Bradley or Diaz have been the only sparring partners he's worked with for preparation. I'll tell u one thing though, I'm more impressed from what I'm hearing out of this lead up with Matthysse than from Danny's camp. Though it don't mean shit till they fight, I feel comfortable with the odds.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 26 2013, 04:47 PM) *
I think this is a good move for whom ever of the 3 gets the better of the others in sparring Lol. For Matthysse, the difference in styles between his sparring mates and opponent are clear, but they do offer certain qualities in which can be prepped for against Danny. If he's able to deal with em well, then I think it would play out well for him during the fight through experience and even more confidence. I don't think Bradley or Diaz have been the only sparring partners he's worked with for preparation. I'll tell u one thing though, I'm more impressed from what I'm hearing out of this lead up with Matthysse than from Danny's camp. Though it don't mean shit till they fight, I feel comfortable with the odds.

i had a conversation with a good friend who pointed out danny's choice of words in his interviews lately and he feels there's not much confidence coming from his camp. my thing is...danny's never really been a shit talker. that's his pops thing. i believe danny has the tools to get the job done. i think matthysse knows this is his toughest fight.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *
i had a conversation with a good friend who pointed out danny's choice of words in his interviews lately and he feels there's not much confidence coming from his camp. my thing is...danny's never really been a shit talker. that's his pops thing. i believe danny has the tools to get the job done. i think matthysse knows this is his toughest fight.

That's the thing dannys dad hasn't been talking either, which could mean they are not very confident or they are working their asses off because they know Lucas is legit.

And I agree with Lucas knowing this is his toughest/most dangerous fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 26 2013, 06:10 PM) *
That's the thing dannys dad hasn't been talking either, which could mean they are not very confident or they are working their asses off because they know Lucas is legit.

And I agree with Lucas knowing this is his toughest/most dangerous fight.

angel was saying in his interview that danny asked him to tone it down after the judah fight. i don't think they're taking matthysse lightly.
emd01
I think theyre quiet because theyre working their asses off. Hopefully theyre working on tightening up Dannys wide ass shots.
checkleft
QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 26 2013, 10:34 PM) *
I think theyre quiet because theyre working their asses off. Hopefully theyre working on tightening up Dannys wide ass shots.

Matthysse is actually the sharper puncher out of the two, but Danny is just quicker. Hopefully they are because that picture professor posted was worrysome.

Danny actually has A LOT of trouble with the straight right, which I think is Lucas best punch. BUT the left hook is a perfect counter to the right so I'm back at even
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *

Both guys kno what it is with this fight. All the talk is for the birds at this point. What both guys bring to the table is what makes this fight so 50/50. The way I see it, with Mathyss bringing in Bradley and Diaz for sparring is cool for all 3 of em involved, prepping for there own upcoming opponents. A guy like Canelo could have his sparring partners give him looks in a Mayweather style but it's never the same when you fight the man. Same could be said with Matthysse and his sparring partners for a guy like Danny, as long as it helps keep his reflex, stamina and endurance (among other things) in tip top, he should ok.
emd01
I dont see how this can be a bad move at all. He's going to get good work for his next fight against good fighters with not enough pop to hurt him. Sparring with Bradley would have to be a confidence booster especially if he's working Tim over, the WW champ. Now, he could get in there and get his ass whooped and it have the opposite effect but I think he's going to give Bradley and Diaz more problems than theyll give him just as long as Bradley wears super thick head gear.
Cshel86
I still don't see the point of him sparring Bradly and Diaz...I just really don't. Its good work at the end of the day, but neither of them fight like Danny. Now if he's just doing it for shits and giggles, then hats off to him...I just wanna see some damn video footage! Lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 26 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Matthysse is actually the sharper puncher out of the two, but Danny is just quicker. Hopefully they are because that picture professor posted was worrysome.

Danny actually has A LOT of trouble with the straight right, which I think is Lucas best punch. BUT the left hook is a perfect counter to the right so I'm back at even

i don't think he does. he baits the right so he can counter with the left. if you look at the khan fight...he was letting khan throw his right and rolling with it as he countered with his hook. matthysse is a much shorter guy with less speed than khan so danny will be able to do this on him as well.
daprofessor
QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 26 2013, 10:47 PM) *
I dont see how this can be a bad move at all. He's going to get good work for his next fight against good fighters with not enough pop to hurt him. Sparring with Bradley would have to be a confidence booster especially if he's working Tim over, the WW champ. Now, he could get in there and get his ass whooped and it have the opposite effect but I think he's going to give Bradley and Diaz more problems than theyll give him just as long as Bradley wears super thick head gear.

i think bradley is going to box him. he'd be foolish to sit in the pocket with him in camp. judging from the pics i've seen of them two together...bradley looks much bigger. who knows? juan diaz definitely does not fight like garcia.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 27 2013, 03:21 PM) *
i don't think he does. he baits the right so he can counter with the left. if you look at the khan fight...he was letting khan throw his right and rolling with it as he countered with his hook. matthysse is a much shorter guy with less speed than khan so danny will be able to do this on him as well.

If you look at the first morales and the Judah fight he was hurt by the straight right way to much. Morales isn't that fast either
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 27 2013, 03:49 PM) *
If you look at the first morales and the Judah fight he was hurt by the straight right way to much. Morales isn't that fast either

morales is a crafty veteran who will find a way to land against anyone. no shame in getting caught with it in the first fight...that was his major step up fight. since then...he hasn't been caught much. judah is southpaw...so i'm assuming u mean the cross (left) in judah's case. he didn't land it very much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.