Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10:30PM(ET)/7:30PM(PT)-Mares vs. Gonzalez-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reactions to the Mares-Gonzalez fight below! We also want to welcome any TWC subscribers affected by the nationwide Contract Retransmission Consent, CBS/Showtime blackout, the opportunity to view this thread so they may follow along with this evening's fight results. Thank you.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Cant wait for this card! This is the most action we've had in August in a while.

I still haven't seen this Gonzalez guy fight, but I'll blame it some not-so-cool posters (Check, Professor, etc.). laugh.gif

I believe Santa Cruz is matched to look good tonight, so I wont put too much stock into this fight. (Hopefully I'm not sleeping on this fight, lol).
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 24 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Cant wait for this card! This is the most action we've had in August in a while.

I still haven't seen this Gonzalez guy fight, but I'll blame it some not-so-cool posters (Check, Professor, etc.). laugh.gif

I believe Santa Cruz is matched to look good tonight, so I wont put too much stock into this fight. (Hopefully I'm not sleeping on this fight, lol).

We can all find out whether or not CShel will be sorting socks during the Santa Cruz fight! laugh.gif

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 24 2013, 09:03 PM) *
We can all find out whether or not CShel will be sorting socks during the Santa Cruz fight! laugh.gif

Jack

Man I wont do Santa Cruz like that!

laugh.gif

As long as a guy's throwing that many punches, you're sure to see some action.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 24 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Man I wont do Santa Cruz like that!

laugh.gif

As long as a guy's throwing that many punches, you're sure to see some action.

Yea!

A double load of laundry day for CShel would be something like the most boring fight in history that could have been made. Say, Ruiz-Akinwande!!! LOL!

Jack
Cshel86
This first round is already nice! Cruz and Terraz...whatever his name is...is looking good thus far!
Cshel86
Gave the first round to LSC, but Terrazas had a nice round himself. LSC's activity won him the round. Terrazas landed a few right hands and a few right uppercuts that made their mark.
Cshel86
Terrazas is throwing a straight right, then a right uppercut, to throw LSC off.
Cshel86
Terrazas's right eye is already shut in the 2nd round...but he's still working.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
2nd goes to LSC...activity, as usual...

Terrazas's right eye looks like shit...swollen and all...
Cshel86
Down goes Terrazas from a left hook from LSC in the 3rd...
Cshel86
He goes down for the 2nd time in the round...

and it's over...
Cshel86
Man...I like Matthysse and all...but these jacked up haircuts of his...man I dont know what to say. C'mon dude...step it up...its like he has 3 different haircuts in one.
Cshel86
Mares looks game, but so does Gonzales. I feel like Mares is going to take this, but not without a possible struggle, somewhere early. Who knows though...Mares has shown us some good stuff as of late.
Cshel86
Mares is down in the 1st....

OH SHIT!!!
Cshel86
It's OVER!

Mares got killed in the first!!!

This shit looks BAD! DAMN!
checkleft
I told yall johnny can crack! Musta forgot
The Original MrFactor
SHIT!!! I dropped my beer!!! Didn't see this one coming. I was one who thought Gonzalez was already a done fighter. Now let me clean up all this damn beer...
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 24 2013, 11:29 PM) *
I told yall johnny can crack! Musta forgot

SHIT!!!

You weren't lyin'! Im sitting back, drinking my brews (and margaritas), and DAMN...that shit was ugly. I saw the way his leg bent back on both knockdowns...UGLY.
pimpfighterROQ
HAHAHA Mares belonged to pound for pound ha? GTFOH
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 24 2013, 11:30 PM) *
SHIT!!! I dropped my beer!!! Didn't see this one coming. I was one who thought Gonzalez was already a done fighter. Now let me clean up all this damn beer...

laugh.gif

I'm still in disbelief over here myself...
klonopinz
gotta love a nice feint. feint jab to body and smach left hook to jaw. awesome
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 24 2013, 11:32 PM) *
SHIT!!!

You weren't lyin'! Im sitting back, drinking my brews (and margaritas), and DAMN...that shit was ugly. I saw the way his leg bent back on both knockdowns...UGLY.

I had a feeling bro, I knew johnny was dangerous! If I gambled I would be rich
pimpfighterROQ
This reminded me of Khan Garcia knockout
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 24 2013, 11:33 PM) *
I had a feeling bro, I knew johnny was dangerous! If I gambled I would be rich

Man, honestly, I did too. This fight went under the radar, which told me that something was gonna pop off. Abner's ass should've fought in September...fuck these August dates. laugh.gif

I like Abner, regardless of what happened with him in the past. Dude has always been game.

Funny how he said that he doesn't care about having an undefeated record...funny how guys dont care about their record after they get stretched. Smh
pimpfighterROQ
I got a feeling Donaire is smirking somewhere after learning about this knockout
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Aug 24 2013, 11:38 PM) *
I got a feeling Donaire is smirking somewhere after learning about this knockout

FUCK Donaire!!

laugh.gif

At least Mares can make an excuse that he wasn't warmed up and so on...Donaire got his ass kicked for 10-11 rounds. Lol
checkleft
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Aug 24 2013, 11:38 PM) *

Donaire doesn't have anything to be smirking about lol. Now rigo, that guy is probably laughing his ass off.
Hotsauce
what a great night
Dolimite
clapping.gif Great night of boxing!

Leo Santa Cruz delivers again. Amazing performance.

Oscar De La Hoya is a fucking jinx to his fighters. Recently in an interview he said that Mares was going to be a pound for pound king. Until he met Jhonny Gonzalez. What a fucking fight and knock out. I picked Gonzalez to win this fight. I had no idea this guy had as much power in his hands. Mares was caught off by Gonzalez, With all these upsets this year in boxing... I am thinking Mayweather should air on the side of precaution! Great night for boxing. Very exciting. Showtime is doing a damn good job.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 25 2013, 12:43 AM) *
clapping.gif Great night of boxing!

Leo Santa Cruz delivers again. Amazing performance.

Oscar De La Hoya is a fucking jinx to his fighters. Recently in an interview he said that Mares was going to be a pound for pound king. Until he met Jhonny Gonzalez. What a fucking fight and knock out. I picked Gonzalez to win this fight. I had no idea this guy had as much power in his hands. Mares was caught off by Gonzalez, With all these upsets this year in boxing... I am think Mayweather should air on the side of precaution! Great night for boxing. Very exciting. Showtime is doing a damn good job.

He's next... Damn shame about odds and oddsmakers...
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 25 2013, 04:36 AM) *
He's next... Damn shame about odds and oddsmakers...

Not betting against Mayweather, sorry. I do not believe he is next. He is too smart of a fighter and Canelo has yet to actually be in the ring with someone elite. I still think he lost to Trout but that can be debated.

I guess we can kiss the Russell Jr. Mares fight out the damn window!
Cshel86
Man...Abner's legs bent back like a decepticon when he hit the deck, smh. Is it me, or were those counts a liiiiittle too quick? I mean damn, it's like the first count started as soon as the punch landed, rather than the moment he hit the deck.

I'm sure we're all in the same boat, thinking that Abner should've held. He was getting hit with unnecessary shots, and truthfully, only 3 of those shots put him out, as his legs were already on vacation. I like Abner and his warrior spirit (despite some of his dirty bouts in the past), but c'mon dude, fuck the fans, fuck that "I'm going out on my shield" nonsense...be a PROFESSIONAL and do what professionals do...find a way to stay in the fight.

Gladly for Abner, Gonzalez is a pretty beatable guy, so I can see him winning the rematch. Sad thing is, if he wins, then Gonzalez will want a rematch...as rightfully so. So yes, this loss set Abner back a bit. Gladly, he didn't get ripped like this by the likes of Rigondeaux. I mean, who would a rematch with him, after decisively getting their asses handed to them?

Getting beat by Rigo, is like checking that dude that dunks on you (read: grazes his balls across your forehead) on the basketball court...you'll probably look for somebody else to check afterwards...no need to try and block him again. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 25 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Not betting against Mayweather, sorry. I do not believe he is next. He is too smart of a fighter and Canelo has yet to actually be in the ring with someone elite. I still think he lost to Trout but that can be debated.

I guess we can kiss the Russell Jr. Mares fight out the damn window!

Fuck Gary Russell Jr.!
sduck
I had almost fell asleep during this fight thinking it was just another fight on the road for Mares, until I heard, "Mares is down!" then I popped right up and was like damn. It always feels bad to lose something special.

This also makes me think maybe it's Mayweather's time to go down. Just imagine when it would happen.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 25 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Fuck Gary Russell Jr.!

Well, I guess I will be the one to break the news to you... Jhonny Gonzalez and Gary Russell Jr. are in talks of fighting toward the end of the year or the beginning of next year. I am thinking the winner will get a shot at Mares (which is weird since he lost). And if Rigondeaux leaves TR then we can possibly have Rigondeaux vs. Mares or Gary Russell Jr.

This year has been Upset City!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 25 2013, 10:48 AM) *
Fuck Gary Russell Jr.!

Damn, don't give up on the kid yet. I'm still holding out hope for him
mrchitown
I didn't see this loss coming for Mares, he was out of there after the first knockdown though. I believe he'll be back and win another title but he netter learn to hold.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 25 2013, 11:48 AM) *
Fuck Gary Russell Jr.!

I second that statement
bnoles4life
Did any seats open up on the Mares bandwagon?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 25 2013, 11:47 AM) *
Man...Abner's legs bent back like a decepticon when he hit the deck, smh. Is it me, or were those counts a liiiiittle too quick? I mean damn, it's like the first count started as soon as the punch landed, rather than the moment he hit the deck.

I'm sure we're all in the same boat, thinking that Abner should've held. He was getting hit with unnecessary shots, and truthfully, only 3 of those shots put him out, as his legs were already on vacation. I like Abner and his warrior spirit (despite some of his dirty bouts in the past), but c'mon dude, fuck the fans, fuck that "I'm going out on my shield" nonsense...be a PROFESSIONAL and do what professionals do...find a way to stay in the fight.

Gladly for Abner, Gonzalez is a pretty beatable guy, so I can see him winning the rematch. Sad thing is, if he wins, then Gonzalez will want a rematch...as rightfully so. So yes, this loss set Abner back a bit. Gladly, he didn't get ripped like this by the likes of Rigondeaux. I mean, who would a rematch with him, after decisively getting their asses handed to them?

Getting beat by Rigo, is like checking that dude that dunks on you (read: grazes his balls across your forehead) on the basketball court...you'll probably look for somebody else to check afterwards...no need to try and block him again. laugh.gif

LMBO!!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 24 2013, 07:55 PM) *

my bad! i missed that part of your post. i just realized i didn't even give a prediction on this fight in my own thread!!! so here it goes: gonzalez by first round ko. laugh.gif

what a night of fights!!! i had a blast! that is my favorite spot to see fights in L.A. only time i was ever disappointed there was donaire/mathebula.
checkleft
Abner does deserve a break but he was pretty wreckless in there, got caught twice with his hand completely down against a guy who can crack. Gotta question his gameplan
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 04:32 PM) *
my bad! i missed that part of your post. i just realized i didn't even give a prediction on this fight in my own thread!!! so here it goes: gonzalez by first round ko. laugh.gif

what a night of fights!!! i had a blast! that is my favorite spot to see fights in L.A. only time i was ever disappointed there was donaire/mathebula.

What?!? I thought that fight was pretty competitive... I didn't even know that was in Carson

That place is electric though I would recommend it to anyone that loves boxing check it out. It's not too expensive and the place is usually packed and the cards have been good.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 26 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Abner does deserve a break but he was pretty wreckless in there, got caught twice with his hand completely down against a guy who can crack. Gotta question his gameplan

actually...the more i think about it, abner has gotten all the breaks. he got away with low blows against darchinyan...low blows and kidney punches against agbeko in both fights...and he got away with all of his rough house tactics against moreno. he didn't have a chance to do any of that with gonzalez. he's always had flaws, but he's just been able to get away with them because he'd bully his opposition.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 27 2013, 04:19 PM) *
actually...the more i think about it, abner has gotten all the breaks. he got away with low blows against darchinyan...low blows and kidney punches against agbeko in both fights...and he got away with all of his rough house tactics against moreno. he didn't have a chance to do any of that with gonzalez. he's always had flaws, but he's just been able to get away with them because he'd bully his opposition.

As much as I couldn't stand Abner's dirty tactics back then, I cant lie, I felt bad when he hit that Beat Street back bend on the way to the canvas after that left hand landed.

no2.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 27 2013, 12:11 AM) *
What?!? I thought that fight was pretty competitive... I didn't even know that was in Carson

That place is electric though I would recommend it to anyone that loves boxing check it out. It's not too expensive and the place is usually packed and the cards have been good.

it was competitive...but ask the filipino fans that ooh'd and aaaah'd ever time donaire swung at the air. that shit was annoying more than anything. u would have thought it was in the philippines if u were there.

definitely electric...not a bad seat in the house. always a great time.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 28 2013, 08:40 PM) *
As much as I couldn't stand Abner's dirty tactics back then, I cant lie, I felt bad when he hit that Beat Street back bend on the way to the canvas after that left hand landed.

no2.gif

laugh.gif
checkleft
Mares executed his rematch clause
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 28 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Mares executed his rematch clause

Mares is a bad fothermucker!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.