Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacman vs Canelo
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
First who do you consider the more dangerous fighter between the two? I know Canelo is bigger but isn't this supposed to be Manny's calling card (beating bigger fighters) and I know that Saul is younger but in this sport where age is currently being defied by Hopkins 48, Marquez 40 and Floyd at 36 does it really matter?

Why hasn't Pac tried to move back up to another CW fight at JR MW? I'm sure a CW fight when both Alvarez and Pac lose can be made for the right price.

What are your thoughts, who wins this match up and how?
Dolimite
This fight would have to be at 152. No way Canelo is coming down to 150 to fight Pac, now if Canelo wins on the 14th then the fight will be at 154 hands down.
This fight will be a toe to toe slug fest. Neither fighter has supreme boxing ability. My question would be, could Manny take a punch from Saul? I think Saul should be able to take a punch for Manny. Manny has good conditioning and Saul's condition as we know is well shit. So if the fight lingers into the later rounds than I could possible seeing Manny making the fight close and interesting.

However, If Saul re-hydrates to 170 and hits Pac with a solid punch, that can maybe be the fight. Saul does have nice defense and head moment so he could possible box Manny and pick him apart slowly. But if he gets sucked into a slug fest and the fight lingers, it can be a toss up. So if Saul does lose on the 14th and Pac wins his fight, than who knows what can transpire. I doubt if GB would pick their main golden goose in with Pac after a loss. If anything they would want Saul to fight a soft opponent and then build him back up. If Manny loses to Rios, he is going to retire. He would have to. If he can't beat Rios than he ain't beating anyone else.
mrchitown
Alvarez is too big for Pacquiao, this fight ends by KO. Them combos will hurt Manny and end the fight
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 25 2013, 06:21 PM) *
First who do you consider the more dangerous fighter between the two? I know Canelo is bigger but isn't this supposed to be Manny's calling card (beating bigger fighters) and I know that Saul is younger but in this sport where age is currently being defied by Hopkins 48, Marquez 40 and Floyd at 36 does it really matter?

Why hasn't Pac tried to move back up to another CW fight at JR MW? I'm sure a CW fight when both Alvarez and Pac lose can be made for the right price.

What are your thoughts, who wins this match up and how?

he probably hasn't tried because even though it looked like he ruined good ol Margs, he came out looking like shit after and pissing blood supposedly?
The Original MrFactor
Canelo is fast and hits hard. He would destroy Manny in about 3 rounds.
emd01
Canelo would kill Pacman. The kid would have a size, youth, reach and technical advantage. I dont see Pacman taking his combos too well. If a blown up 135 lber can KO him well....
Franchize
Not only would Canelo win, Manny Pacquiao would retire. He would get punished.
DevJ560
Canelo is toooo big end of story
Kratza
Canelos big combinations will be too much for pacman, Canelo is good at beating up smaller opponents so Canelo by KO
Cshel86
Pacman KILLS Canelo.....

...at a 148 lb catchweight

laugh.gif
flazi
if pac gets by the 6th then him by UD. don't underestimate his toughness. he would go through hell to win and no way canelo is dishing out hell.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 26 2013, 12:30 PM) *
Pacman KILLS Canelo.....

laugh.gif

this! laugh.gif
emd01
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 26 2013, 09:30 AM) *
Pacman KILLS Canelo.....

laugh.gif

For the WBC ruby, emerald and sapphire MW title. Making Manny champ in 9 different weight classes.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 26 2013, 01:30 PM) *
Pacman KILLS Canelo.....

laugh.gif

Am I the only one that thinks pac would just stay on his toes and beat canelo?? My prediction would be this looks a lot like marg vs pac, canelo isn't used to chasing and pac can probably still hurt him.

If pac moves and picks his shots I think its easy work.
Cshel86
QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 26 2013, 10:38 PM) *
For the WBC ruby, emerald and sapphire MW title. Making Manny champ in 9 different weight classes.

As long as they dont make up some Champion of the Decade belt, then we wont have to worry about Manny being put to sleep again. I think that phantom title was bad luck for him. Lol

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 27 2013, 12:04 AM) *
Am I the only one that thinks pac would just stay on his toes and beat canelo?? My prediction would be this looks a lot like marg vs pac, canelo isn't used to chasing and pac can probably still hurt him.

Pac's in-and-out foot movement will give anybody trouble, so I agree on that part.
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 27 2013, 05:04 AM) *

but if he gets caught with something, can he be put to sleep, thats always going to be a maybe for Pac, can he be put out cold.
sduck
I would like to see this fight after Mayweather-Canelo, to rebuild the steam for Mayweather-Pacquiao. I think Pacquiao could possibly once again beat the same guy better than Mayweather would.
NoCatchweights
Canelo destroys Manny, Margarito was a welter who was pushed to 150 so Manny could take the title that he was scared to fight Sergio for and even than Margorito hurt him. Canelo is bigger than Curtis Stevens who fought a couple of 175 guys.
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 27 2013, 12:57 PM) *
I would like to see this fight after Mayweather-Canelo, to rebuild the steam for Mayweather-Pacquiao. I think Pacquiao could possibly once again beat the same guy better than Mayweather would.

I wouldn't say better I'd say different, Thurman would KO Guerrero because that's his style. No way Manny beats him anyway one punch and it's over.
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 26 2013, 11:04 PM) *

He didn't dodge Margorito, Canelo is better than Margorito he can throw combos or he can load up waiting for his shot.
wolterb
I'd hope Canelo would do better than Margarito, who seemed to relish an opportunity to pull a Clottey.

Margarito just plodded and followed pacquiao around, I think Canelo would do a bit better than that. I think Canelo's size could become the determining factor, he'd pry wear ol' Pacquiao down.
daprofessor
pac wouldn't fight yuri foreman at 154....so i seriously doubt he fights canelo.
Franchize
Manny vs Canelo for the neon beige belt.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 28 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Manny vs Canelo for the neon beige belt.

laugh.gif

Stop it man!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.