QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 25 2013, 02:01 PM)
This year in boxing we have seen upset after upset. It has made boxing entertaining and unpredictable. Fans are actually talking about boxing and are excited about the sport. The war between HBO and Showtime have worked in favor (surprisingly) of the fans. We have 4 more months left in the year and a lot of big fightns left, what match has the chance of being another major upset?
May vs. Canelo
Pac vs. Rios
Arreola vs. Mitchell
Broner vs. Maidana
Matthysee vs. Garcia
Khan vs. Alexander (fight his yet to be signed)
Ruslan vs. Alvarado
Molina vs. Smith
Russell Jr. vs. ????
Bradley vs. Marquez
Rodriguez vs. Cotto
if you have any others that I missed please fill it in.
My pick would be Broner losing to Maidana or Smith upsetting Molina.
1. Call me crazy, but I'm starting to like Canelo's chances here.
2. Arreola is ripe for the pickin', but Im not sure how Mitchell fares here. As soon as he gets touched, he just loses all ring integrity and his legs go on vacation.
3. Broner is supposed to win this fight, but who knows? I've learned to not put the carriage in front of the horse. As mentioned already, Maidana's body is always open for shots...period.
4. If Devons happens to lose this one, then not only will it be an upset, but it would be an embarrassment. Khan is a busy fighter, but he doesn't belong at WW against guys with great/exceptional power.
5. Alvarado is a victim of his own brawler's mentality. He's a brawler...too bad his face isn't on board with the idea, lol. I still dont see this as being any type of upset, regardless of the outcome.
6. The only way this will be an upset, is if Molina happens to stop Smith. Molina doesn't have many KOs to his name, but he is able to hurt guys if he lands cleanly.
7. Fuck him...GRJ that is. I wouldn't mind seeing him get starched by a nobody.
8. Bradley's a full blown WW...Im not so sure if I can give JMM the "W" at this very moment. JMM isn't a big puncher at WW, regardless of what he did to Manny, so him keeping Bradley off, will be the story.
9. Rodriguez can and will beat Miguel. Hasn't Miguel learned his lesson about fighting guys that tower over him? Apparently, not. This wont be an upset...it'll just be one of those "Why did Cotto even take this fight?" type of deals.
10. I forgot about Garcia/Matthysse. If Lucas wins, he'll simply be doing what other predicted. If Danny wins...he better do it in an impressive fashion...or else he'll be staring at a rematch. Again, if Danny wins, it wont be an upset...it'll simply be a moment where he and his fans can wipe the sweat off their foreheads.