Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones and Joe Calzage join top 10 all time list
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
We've had our all time lists on here before, according to BoxNation.com Floyd, Roy, and Joe all made the top 10 cut. Now though this doesen't mean much, it's always interesting to know ones take on the subject. I wanna know how close this list is to everyone's own personal list, and if you agree with the line up.

Here is there line up:

1.    Muhammad Ali

2.    Sugar Ray Robinson

3.    Floyd Mayweather Jnr

4.    Sugar Ray Leonard

5.    Rocky Marciano

6.    Mike Tyson

7.    Joe Louis

8.    Roy Jones Jnr

9.    Roberto Duran

10. Joe Calzaghe 
flazi
is this based on popularity? how the hell does joe go ahead of chavez? or whitaker? lots of guys missing. joe louis should be higher.
mrchitown
Ain't no way Calzaghe #10, box nation don't know shit about boxing

Why isn't Willie Pep's name on there. And SRR should be #1 not Ali, this must be some pop list but Marciano ain't more popular then Tyson. That's a shitty list
mgrover
how the dick is Joe Calzaghe there and not Hopkins? Fucking idiots.
mrchitown
When I saw him on the list I had to laugh, he don't Belong on no top 10 P4P list. They tried to sneak him in there at 10 like no one was gon notice. He hid over in his neck of the woods for a long time. I'm not a big fan of his
flazi
srr number 1 and pep close behind at either 2 or 3. wtf is up with this list? a newbie must have made it
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 29 2013, 01:49 PM) *
We've had our all time lists on here before, according to BoxNation.com Floyd, Roy, and Joe all made the top 10 cut. Now though this doesen't mean much, it's always interesting to know ones take on the subject. I wanna know how close this list is to everyone's own personal list, and if you agree with the line up.

Here is there line up:

1.    Muhammad Ali

2.    Sugar Ray Robinson

3.    Floyd Mayweather Jnr

4.    Sugar Ray Leonard

5.    Rocky Marciano

6.    Mike Tyson

7.    Joe Louis

8.    Roy Jones Jnr

9.    Roberto Duran

10. Joe Calzaghe 

i stopped reading when i saw robinson at number two.

here's a better list:

shit to do...

go to the grocery store
pay insurance
renew vehicle registration
make dental appointment
eat more vegetables
start running!!!

Dolimite
I stopped reading the list when I saw there was no George Foreman. I respect Floyd and I think very highly of the guy but even I can say he being number 3 is a stretch. His career isn't done. This list sucks.
BrutUalBK
lol, Mike Tyson on the list at all and let alone ahead of Joe Louis. What Clown/Payaso made this list??

This is a joke, straight up.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 29 2013, 03:13 PM) *
how the dick is Joe Calzaghe there and not Hopkins? Fucking idiots.

Well, to his credit, he did beat Hopkins, but I can't argue with why he made the list.
mgrover
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 29 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Well, to his credit, he did beat Hopkins, but I can't argue with why he made the list.

that gotta be a joke
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 29 2013, 05:26 PM) *
that gotta be a joke

I'm talking Officially, not Un-Official. There is almost always a fight a fighter has where it can be argued of who won the fight. Evidently the W in the history books has the last say. As much as I can argue how Manny beat Bradley there's always gonna be a L in that column for him... And life goes on.
emd01
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 29 2013, 12:21 PM) *
i stopped reading when i saw robinson at number two.

here's a better list:

shit to do...

go to the grocery store
pay insurance
renew vehicle registration
make dental appointment
eat more vegetables
start running!!!

laugh.gif

No way Slappy Joe Crack is top ten nea.gif .
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 29 2013, 02:13 PM) *
Ain't no way Calzaghe #10, box nation don't know shit about boxing

Why isn't Willie Pep's name on there. And SRR should be #1 not Ali, this must be some pop list but Marciano ain't more popular then Tyson. That's a shitty list

When Ali says your the goat, you are the fucking goat!!! Srr #1

And how can you leave Pep out and include calslapnuts?!?!?
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 29 2013, 05:17 PM) *
When Ali says your the goat, you are the fucking goat!!! Srr #1

And how can you leave Pep out and include calslapnuts?!?!?

Indeed man. I don't care what the record books say, he lost to Hopkins and he waited a shitn load of years to face RJJ and BHop. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would've been an afterthought had he laced up sooner. And Bernard still whipped him. I hate to call athletes this but Calzaghe is over-rated

SRR can't be touched
bnoles4life
No Archie Moore, but Joe C is on this joint?
BoxingStill#1
Sad.....
MaxPayne
Any list that doesn't have Jack Johnson loses all credibility for me.
Franchize
Joe Calzaghe? You're kidding me right? He wouldn't even be on my best of the 2000's list, let alone all time.
Cshel86
Another ATG list ruined?! Say it aint so....

anthonyaccurate
Aweful.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 30 2013, 08:39 AM) *
Another ATG list ruined?! Say it aint so....

oh no!!! laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 29 2013, 10:41 PM) *
I'm talking Officially, not Un-Official. There is almost always a fight a fighter has where it can be argued of who won the fight. Evidently the W in the history books has the last say. As much as I can argue how Manny beat Bradley there's always gonna be a L in that column for him... And life goes on.

See the Pac vs Bradley fight was pretty close looking at it. This one wasn't Hopkins clearly beat Calzaghe. In the sport of boxing we all know official doesn't mean the truth.
sduck
I don't think there will ever be an accurate greatest of all time list. It becomes too subjective.
mgrover
I think people can agree pretty solid on stuff like top 3 to top 5. But after that there's just too much subjectivity. Hell top 5 seems hard as fuck
Franchize
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2013, 05:42 PM) *
I think people can agree pretty solid on stuff like top 3 to top 5. But after that there's just too much subjectivity. Hell top 5 seems hard as fuck

True but I think we ALL can agree Joe Calzaghe belongs no where near this list lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.