Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd and Bob
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
emd01
So, what do you all make of the recent change of heart Floyd Mayweather and Bob Arum seem to have had towards one another? You think theyre going to try and sell us the stale ass Pacquiao fight? Think theyre trying to set up a fight with Floyd and Bradley? I'm unsure what to make of it but to hear them talking nice about one another is like mayo on apple pie...just weird no2.gif . Thoughts?
daprofessor
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 5 2013, 02:48 PM) *
So, what do you all make of the recent change of heart Floyd Mayweather and Bob Arum seem to have had towards one another? You think theyre going to try and sell us the stale ass Pacquiao fight? Think theyre trying to set up a fight with Floyd and Bradley? I'm unsure what to make of it but to hear them talking nice about one another is like mayo on apple pie...just weird no2.gif . Thoughts?

this is news to me...when/where did this take place?
Kratza
And me.. Please elaborate
daprofessor
do you have a source emd?
karmine20
Pure GARBAGE until i see it first hand. We all know the hatred behind these two and I for one do not believe this and will sell anyone swamp land if they do !
daprofessor
BrutUalBK
Yeah I've been peeping that in the media between the two of them, Floyd thanked Arum at his FOTY awards ceremony and Bob has been doing nothing but raining praises upon Floyd for a long time now since the Oscar vs Floyd heated debates have been on.

I think there is a possibility to put the Floyd vs Pac or Bradley option on the table because money talks and in the end both Floyd and Bob want that cheese plus I think Mayweather wants to break away from GBP in totality so that he can flaunt his own TMT brand.

truth
the pacquiao fight is not going to happen unless top rank fights on showtime because floyd is under contract. maybe floyds fights one more time after his contract is up. also i think floyd has respect for schaefer but is super tired of delahoya like i am and his antics. what i did like about the video professor is bob acknowledges floyd will win and possibly even ko canelo.
truth
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 5 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Yeah I've been peeping that in the media between the two of them, Floyd thanked Arum at his FOTY awards ceremony and Bob has been doing nothing but raining praises upon Floyd for a long time now since the Oscar vs Floyd heated debates have been on.

I think there is a possibility to put the Floyd vs Pac or Bradley option on the table because money talks and in the end both Floyd and Bob want that cheese plus I think Mayweather wants to break away from GBP in totality so that he can flaunt his own TMT brand.

i agree its just that contract floyd has with showtime in the way however bob doesnt have an exclusive contract with hbo so its possible
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 5 2013, 07:24 PM) *

that will only happens when he retires for good.
Dolimite
I think it is two grown ass men acting like grown ass men. Why make an ass of yourself when you do not have to. They are two businessmen who have mutual respect for each other. I don't think they will be going out and talking on the phone with each other. This is nothing. Arum already said a decade ago that Floyd was a damn beast so this is no surprise. They were at a function that did not call for all the BS. Hell, Roach even said that Mayweather was the best boxer of the game. So does that mean Freddy wants to train Mayweather or thinking about dipping out on Manny? No. Floyd knows Arum is a crook but why state the obvious? The platform was not meant for bashing, just respecting boxers accomplishments.
daprofessor
QUOTE (truth @ Sep 5 2013, 07:31 PM) *
the pacquiao fight is not going to happen unless top rank fights on showtime because floyd is under contract. maybe floyds fights one more time after his contract is up. also i think floyd has respect for schaefer but is super tired of delahoya like i am and his antics. what i did like about the video professor is bob acknowledges floyd will win and possibly even ko canelo.

i agree with his assessment. canelo has always had stamina issues. u ain't beating floyd fighting one minute of every round.

lewis/tyson was difficult being made because of the whole showtime/hbo thing...but they came together to get it done. they'll do the same here.
checkleft
He did get over the shit with his dad so I can believe this..
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 03:39 PM) *
i agree with his assessment. canelo has always had stamina issues. u ain't beating floyd fighting one minute of every round.

lewis/tyson was difficult being made because of the whole showtime/hbo thing...but they came together to get it done. they'll do the same here.

Professor, you think Floyd will KO Canelo? I think he will abuse him for 12 rounds just to show the world how hyped up Oscar made him. Interesting Professor.
truth
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 07:39 PM) *

thats why i think they will get it done but hbo is salty at floyd for leaving and bob is a smart business man so he wont risk messing with his cash flow but the flip side is if bob did fight on show time ppv and hbo had a problem it would be insane to lose top rank and not have gbp so really bob has the power of hbo
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Professor, you think Floyd will KO Canelo? I think he will abuse him for 12 rounds just to show the world how hyped up Oscar made him. Interesting Professor.

i think floyd is going to the bread basket in this one....that's going to give canelo opportunities....but i believe it can possibly lead to a stoppage. it may just be a ploy....but everytime i'm seeing training footage of floyd....he looks like he's focused on attacking the body. it may just be my imagination too! laugh.gif who knows?
daprofessor
QUOTE (truth @ Sep 5 2013, 07:50 PM) *
thats why i think they will get it done but hbo is salty at floyd for leaving and bob is a smart business man so he wont risk messing with his cash flow but the flip side is if bob did fight on show time ppv and hbo had a problem it would be insane to lose top rank and not have gbp so really bob has the power of hbo

u know....hbo refusing to do business with a promoter seems unprecedented to me....but i have to think...it's been an extremely long time since they've done a show with main events. goosen tutor doesn't seem to be on their airwaves as much anymore either. it's like al haymon put all his eggs in one basket with gbp....and hbo put all their eggs in one basket with top rank. i agree...they really gave bob power.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 5 2013, 07:45 PM) *
He did get over the shit with his dad so I can believe this..

in my eyes...that was one of the best things floyd ever did.
daprofessor
anyone else feel bob is full of shit and lying about not talking to andre ward???

at one point he says something about 'not being at liberty...' then he back tracks and says...'i wouldn't talk to him in the first place because he's under contract blah,blah,blah...'

fuckin lawyers. smh.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 06:59 PM) *
anyone else feel bob is full of shit and lying about not talking to andre ward???

at one point he says something about 'not being at liberty...' then he back tracks and says...'i wouldn't talk to him in the first place because he's under contract blah,blah,blah...'

fuckin lawyers. smh.

well we all know that Bob is doing his lawyer double talk, he could give a damn who Ward is with as long as he gets a piece of him or all of him, of course he wants Ward/who/ which Promoter wouldn't??
emd01
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 03:37 PM) *
I think it is two grown ass men acting like grown ass men. Why make an ass of yourself when you do not have to. They are two businessmen who have mutual respect for each other. I don't think they will be going out and talking on the phone with each other. This is nothing. Arum already said a decade ago that Floyd was a damn beast so this is no surprise. They were at a function that did not call for all the BS. Hell, Roach even said that Mayweather was the best boxer of the game. So does that mean Freddy wants to train Mayweather or thinking about dipping out on Manny? No. Floyd knows Arum is a crook but why state the obvious? The platform was not meant for bashing, just respecting boxers accomplishments.

You can say this now but a year ago they were acting like anything but grown businessmen when one or the others name was brought up. He said Floyd was the best when he was signed with TR but after he left he's had nothing but bad things to say about him and the other way around. I just find it awful funny theyre getting so chummy just when Floyd is going to need another fight that sells. Who else can Floyd fight after Canelo that could compare to the numbers?
Dolimite
^^^^^^

People grow and change. Everyone is banking on Pac to do really well against Rios. That shit might now happen. Nothing is going to break the hype that is May and Saul. Pac and May are way past prime for this fight. 09-12 was the time to make this fight, didn't happen. Hell, Matthysse would do good numbers and even Bradley would do good numbers. We have a super fight next Saturday, until Pac looks like he did 4 years ago, no one is interested. He has to murder Rios and I don't see him doing that, for a May . and Pac to even generate interest
mrchitown
I must've missed something, if they've been talking nice about eachother I need links and proof of it. Or point me in the right direction to see this stuff. I only saw the Vegas induction and that looked like everybody really enjoyed eachother's company and had a good time

Time supposedly heals all wounds, so I can see them showing respect to one another
bnoles4life
Bob wants some of that "Floyd $$$$" and Floyd wants options to complete his Showtime deal, dropping the "potential" from the "potential $300M Showtime deal and ultimately, one step closer to retire 50-0. They've been cordial for the last few months...but that will as long as everything is going well for both guys. Let their be a hiccup in Floyd's camp or should one of the Bobfather's fighters unexpectedly lose, then the teeth come out.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 06:39 PM) *

when?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 08:46 PM) *
^^^^^^

People grow and change. Everyone is banking on Pac to do really well against Rios. That shit might now happen. Nothing is going to break the hype that is May and Saul. Pac and May are way past prime for this fight. 09-12 was the time to make this fight, didn't happen. Hell, Matthysse would do good numbers and even Bradley would do good numbers. We have a super fight next Saturday, until Pac looks like he did 4 years ago, no one is interested. He has to murder Rios and I don't see him doing that, for a May . and Pac to even generate interest

may and pac would still do big numbers if both win their next fight
leonthegee
The relationship between Arum and Haymon hasnt changed. And hes the one that negotiates for Floyd. So I dont see them getting no deals done anytime soon.
leonthegee
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 03:39 PM) *

It was an easy decision for HBO back then because Tyson was passed his prime and Lennox was the best in the division. Floyd is everything Tyson isnt. Hes got discipline. Tyson hated training Floyd is a gym rat. Too many positives for Showtime going on right now for HBO to think about combining resources. Showtime is already passing HBO this year in views. I dont see any collaborations happening anytime soon.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 5 2013, 11:41 PM) *
may and pac would still do big numbers if both win their next fight

Pac has to win BIG against Rios. Like within 5 rounds big.Plus he needs a real name if he plans to fight Floyd next September. And the PPV wouldn't crack close to 2.0 million. Maybe 1.5 and but nothing more. Manny being put to sleep killed any real excitement for this fight.
emd01
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 07:19 AM) *
Pac has to win BIG against Rios. Like within 5 rounds big.Plus he needs a real name if he plans to fight Floyd next September. And the PPV wouldn't crack close to 2.0 million. Maybe 1.5 and but nothing more. Manny being put to sleep killed any real excitement for this fight.

I think Manny has the perfect opponent in front of him to make him look like he's the old Pacman. If he stops Rios, something thats never happened before, it'll be like 2010 in this bitch all over again. Maybe not to the hardcore fan but the masses would still eat Mayweather/Pac up if he wins big in his next fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 06:59 PM) *

fuckin lawyers. smh.

Arum's a POS but good luck with him getting to Ward, that other scumbag J Prince is reeking havoc all over the sport. I find it mighty funny how Ward is beefing with HBO now and his promoter. And how Ward's promoter has taken issue with Prince going behind his back doing certain things like trying to make deals with HBO without his knowledge. And look at the recent interview with Kathy Duva today where the Adamek and Jennings fight is now off..he did the same thing behind her back and met HBO..a 50/50 split for that fight? That's absurd...Jennings fought so frequently but since he's been with Prince he's fought once. The guy is no good, he's a leach...I can only imagine how Ward is getting screwed now but by both Prince and Arum?? That's too much
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 09:18 PM) *
Arum's a POS but good luck with him getting to Ward, that other scumbag J Prince is reeking havoc all over the sport. I find it mighty funny how Ward is beefing with HBO now and his promoter. And how Ward's promoter has taken issue with Prince going behind his back doing certain things like trying to make deals with HBO without his knowledge. And look at the recent interview with Kathy Duva today where the Adamek and Jennings fight is now off..he did the same thing behind her back and met HBO..a 50/50 split for that fight? That's absurd...Jennings fought so frequently but since he's been with Prince he's fought once. The guy is no good, he's a leach...I can only imagine how Ward is getting screwed now but by both Prince and Arum?? That's too much

i feel for the dude...but i can't reach.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 09:18 PM) *

when was this?
Cshel86
Think about it...all Floyd and Bob have to do, is sucker the world into thinking that there's even a pubic hair's possibility of this "megafight" happening. In that case, boxing lives on and keeps people on their toes...for something that never going to happen of course. Its not about a May weather/Pacquiao fight...its bigger than that...its about boxing. What other marketable fight is there for Floyd, after the Canelo fight? What other marketable fight is out there for Manny? It's clear that boxing is about to reach a "slow pace" by the end of this year...so this Arum/Floyd love is all publicity.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 7 2013, 12:11 AM) *
when was this?

Don't you remember a few months back when Ward tried to break free from his promoter. He was citing issues that his promoter was not doing what he was supposed to do and he thought he was in violation of their agreement...Ward's promoter hit back saying that J prince was doing things behind his back with HBO and trying to setup stuff for Andre. that's all good and well but at the end of the day the promoter signs off on those things. Same with Duva, Jennings is turning down opponents left and right, only fought once this year as opposed to four last year and that's since he's been with J prince. Dude is a bum
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 09:52 PM) *
i feel for the dude...but i can't reach.

So do I but hour put himself in that position
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 7 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Think about it...all Floyd and Bob have to do, is sucker the world into thinking that there's even a pubic hair's possibility of this "megafight" happening. In that case, boxing lives on and keeps people on their toes...for something that never going to happen of course. Its not about a May weather/Pacquiao fight...its bigger than that...its about boxing. What other marketable fight is there for Floyd, after the Canelo fight? What other marketable fight is out there for Manny? It's clear that boxing is about to reach a "slow pace" by the end of this year...so this Arum/Floyd love is all publicity.

If LM KO's Garcia and if the media can build up enough hype around Lucas for his punching power then they could easily sell the Floyd vs LM fight and maybe this is what Bob and Floyd are both thinking, either way if it isn't LM then it's going to have to be either the winner of Pac vs Rios (less likely due to the TR vs HBO and GBP vs TR thing) or the winner of Bradley vs JMM which still fits the aforementioned bout.

One thing is for certain that since this is only Money's 2nd fight out of the 6 fight deal, he still needs 4 other viable candidates and TR own the bigger names so maybe he and Arum both see the light at the end of the tunnel, after all it's only more money for both of them.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 6 2013, 01:36 AM) *
when?

floyd/pac...or floyd/bradley. i don't think they're going to leave that money sitting on the table.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2013, 09:21 PM) *
floyd/pac...or floyd/bradley. i don't think they're going to leave that money sitting on the table.

yeah, that's what I'm saying.....we all know how much Floyd loves Money but let's not forget that Bob is the one who makes slave contracts with his fighters so he has to be equally as greedy and a Lawyer to boot.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 7 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Don't you remember a few months back when Ward tried to break free from his promoter. He was citing issues that his promoter was not doing what he was supposed to do and he thought he was in violation of their agreement...Ward's promoter hit back saying that J prince was doing things behind his back with HBO and trying to setup stuff for Andre. that's all good and well but at the end of the day the promoter signs off on those things. Same with Duva, Jennings is turning down opponents left and right, only fought once this year as opposed to four last year and that's since he's been with J prince. Dude is a bum

That's what I thought. dan goossen and ward have to sign off on things. I don't understand why he would go behind his back.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 7 2013, 11:27 PM) *
That's what I thought. dan goossen and ward have to sign off on things. I don't understand why he would go behind his back.

Exactly, and now he's doing it again with Jennings. He's an idiot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.