Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where does floyd go after canelo
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
truth
here is my question ive seen where a lot of people feel if floyd beats canelo he wont have anyone to fight but i believe he is going to move up in weight now as far fetched as it may seem considering floyd walks around at his normal fight weight he is getting older so its possible with that he is gaining weight plus when he went to jail he packed on more muscle then he had previously that being said i could see floyd fighting lmartinez, lara, martirosyan, and others. which would also produce that he could possibly lose feel which would produce good numbers not like canelo but good numbers. now if he stayed at welter weight fights with thurman garcia matthysee winner and with him and bob possibly working out their relationship bradley if he beats marquez and maybe pac if he beats rios. but i think he will continue to fight a jmw because thats where the money will be at for him after he beats canelo
KOpower
He will fight (and easily beat) the winner of the Lucas-Garcia fight in May. That fight will do marginal numbers considering what Mayweather is getting paid and that will put pressure on him (by Showtime) to make a mega-fight for the fall.
Plah
There's Lucas, Danny, Khan, Devon, Thurman ( 2 years from now or so) at 147. There is talent at 154 but not many names aside from Cotto and Canelo. Here's hoping he takes on the Bradley-JMM winner somehow.
mrchitown
He has plenty of options, though I do believe his toughest challenges after the Canelo fight aren't with GB. He can fight Danny or Lucas, whoever wins that fight, Thurman isn't ready yet but he could be towards the end of next year. Khan will bring in some numbers and money. And if it were possible Bradley would be a good fight. I wouldn't mind seeing him knock Martinez into retirement. Now's a good time to fight him as any
Dolimite
To the bank!

If Tim is smart, after his JMM, he should demand a Floyd fight. I would love to see that. I think Bradley would give May fits. Like some mentioned, he has plenty of options. Hell, he could even rematch Canelo for the hell of it, at 154. So he has options.
bnoles4life
....the couch. Should he win in convincing fashion against Carrot Top, he's gonna sit back and chill....let that win marinate and comeback w/ a surprising opponent (sarcasm).
checkleft
Are we talking like he already won here? Cause a lot of people keep doing that. Floyd is on another level, but we have seen guys get beat no matter how many levels above competition they seem to be.

Yall and dolomite are asking for the jinx of a lifetime lol. All it takes is one punch, a quick stoppage, or a fucked up scorecard.

The guy still has to fight next Saturday lol come on now
Hotsauce
I wait till next week
Marcus
Well theres always been talks about Floyd going to the UK for the winner of Khan Alexander but that fight makes no sense legacy wise against Khan or financially wise against Alexander. Yes Amir Khan has a nice following in the UK but i dont think ppvs are offered for fights over seas and everyone knows Khan is a good fighter with no chin. He didnt look that impressive in his last outing and I'm pretty sure Devon will beat him. There's also Mayweather Vs. the winner of Mattysse-Garcia but i think that fight should happen in sep 2014. After "The One" those fighters will have to take some touches at 147 before they face the king of that division and i dont think they'll get two solid fights in that weight class by may 2014. Theres something stirring between Broner and Mattysse and Broners been calling Matthysse out. I can see Matthysse fighting Thurman for the interim WBA then Broner after Broner beats Maidana. Then if Matthysse beats Broner, Shotime will try to use that as a blyeprint to beat Floyd since Broner has a similar style. No way Broner fights Floyd unless its Floyd's last fight of his career. When Broner beats Maidana he'll fight the Garcia/Matthysse winner.

Besides the Garcia/Matthysse winner, Khan/Alexander winner, Broner, or a Rematch w/Canelo all the true legacy defining fights are at Top Rank/DiBella Ent.

There's the winner or Marquez-Bradley. And i have a feeling if Marquez wins and does at least 1.2 w/Bradley Floyd will fight Marquez again.
There's the Sergio Martinez who wants to face Floyd as his last fight. Floyd would have every advantage over Sergio besides size. Martinez is injury prone, older, and he'd be coming down from 160 to 154. Howwever i'd like to see Floyd get a title at 160 even though thats a major stretch.
There's of course Pac-Man considering he beats Rios which I think will produce big numbers no matter what. Floyd and Pac are A-list celebs so they'll do great numbers together regardless of their records.

Idk. after Canelo Floyd has four fights left. This is what I'd love to see. I just want to see Floyd become an undisputed champ at 147 before he retires. And collect all the belts. He's been at that weight class for too long not to be an undisputed champ.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 5 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Are we talking like he already won here? Cause a lot of people keep doing that. Floyd is on another level, but we have seen guys get beat no matter how many levels above competition they seem to be.

Yall and dolomite are asking for the jinx of a lifetime lol. All it takes is one punch, a quick stoppage, or a fucked up scorecard.

The guy still has to fight next Saturday lol come on now

Check, I have been saying for day one that they will try and rob Mayweather, they may even rob him. You are right, one punch changes everything. Floyd may underestimate Saul and his boxing ability, or like BHOp said, it may not be Floyd's night, he may come in totally unprepared. I have no idea. What I do know is, Floyd looks a lot massive and bigger and he seems focused. So does Saul. I have no idea what is going to happen next Saturday. What I do know is I have 4K worth of bets on Floyd and his ass better be up to fight. So who knows. But I go with history and history says Floyd.
KOpower
It HAS to be the winner of Garcia-Matthysse. That is a big reason they have this fight on the undercard. GBP knows that the options are short of small and they are trying to build either Garcia or Matthysse has a credible opponent. I think GBP is hoping beyond hope that Matthysse knocks Garcia out. If Garcia knocks out Lucas, GBP will take it but I get the feeling that Lucas is the guy they would like to throw in there because of his insane power.

What other options are out there for Floyd?

1. Amir Khan/Devon Alexander winner? Maybe if it is Khan, but Alexander would be a HUGE PPV flop. Even Khan seems to be a non-starter after his recent bouts, but Khan does have the name and offensive skills to make a match with Mayweather marketable.

2. Victor Ortiz? Not much demand for a rematch and Ortiz hasn't fought in a LONG time. I can't see that PPV doing well.

3. Miguel Cotto? Again, nut much demand here and Cotto may be with Arum at Top-Rank. I also think Cotto might look at the Sergio Martinez fight in the spring/summer of 2014.

4. Adrien Broner? If Broner dustts Maidana, I could really get behind this...but we all know these 2 won't fight each other for at least a few more years.

5. Keith Thurman? No way...huge PPV bust

6. Tim Bradley/JMM winner? The JMM fight would be a huge PPV bust. Bradley might be interesting, but again you have the whole HBO/Showtime Top-Rank/GBP thing

7. Sergio Martinez/Gennady Golovkin? No way that happens.

The only other reasonable option is the Pacquiao fight and that is just because the money would be so much. I still think that fight does 2 million PPV buys if Manny dusts Rios.

It has to be the winner of the undercard fight. I don't see any other reasonable option. The problem with Showtime is that they have to pay Mayweather big money no matter what and outside of Canelo, GBP doesn't have a real superstar to put him in the ring with. I see a Robert Guerrero type of PPV flop if our Cinco de Mayo fight is Mayweather-Garcia and only marginally better if it is Mayweather-Lucas.
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 6 2013, 08:37 AM) *
It HAS to be the winner of Garcia-Matthysse. That is a big reason they have this fight on the undercard. GBP knows that the options are short of small and they are trying to build either Garcia or Matthysse has a credible opponent. I think GBP is hoping beyond hope that Matthysse knocks Garcia out. If Garcia knocks out Lucas, GBP will take it but I get the feeling that Lucas is the guy they would like to throw in there because of his insane power.

What other options are out there for Floyd?

1. Amir Khan/Devon Alexander winner? Maybe if it is Khan, but Alexander would be a HUGE PPV flop. Even Khan seems to be a non-starter after his recent bouts, but Khan does have the name and offensive skills to make a match with Mayweather marketable.

2. Victor Ortiz? Not much demand for a rematch and Ortiz hasn't fought in a LONG time. I can't see that PPV doing well.

3. Miguel Cotto? Again, nut much demand here and Cotto may be with Arum at Top-Rank. I also think Cotto might look at the Sergio Martinez fight in the spring/summer of 2014.

4. Adrien Broner? If Broner dustts Maidana, I could really get behind this...but we all know these 2 won't fight each other for at least a few more years.

5. Keith Thurman? No way...huge PPV bust

6. Tim Bradley/JMM winner? The JMM fight would be a huge PPV bust. Bradley might be interesting, but again you have the whole HBO/Showtime Top-Rank/GBP thing

7. Sergio Martinez/Gennady Golovkin? No way that happens.

The only other reasonable option is the Pacquiao fight and that is just because the money would be so much. I still think that fight does 2 million PPV buys if Manny dusts Rios.

It has to be the winner of the undercard fight. I don't see any other reasonable option. The problem with Showtime is that they have to pay Mayweather big money no matter what and outside of Canelo, GBP doesn't have a real superstar to put him in the ring with. I see a Robert Guerrero type of PPV flop if our Cinco de Mayo fight is Mayweather-Garcia and only marginally better if it is Mayweather-Lucas.

Bradley's contract is about to be up. So, hopefully he will be looking for the next biggest fight of his career. Hopefully.
KOpower
That is positive if true. If Bradley beats JMM, a fight with Mayweather might do decent numbers, but certainly not a HR. I would personally like to see a Bradley-Pac rematch.
checkleft
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 6 2013, 01:43 AM) *
I wait till next week

Someone gets it
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 11:52 AM) *
Bradley's contract is about to be up. So, hopefully he will be looking for the next biggest fight of his career. Hopefully.

Where you hear that at?
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 02:41 PM) *
Where you hear that at?

He spoke about it awhile ago. He didn't sign a long term contract. I want to say either after the Ruslan fight or just before signing the JMM fight. He said he wanted to fight Floyd. So the only way that is happening if he leaves Bob.

Michigan is getting into ND's ass tomorrow, just to let you know! lol
emd01
the only fight Floyd can make that will have comparable numbers to his fight against Canelo is Pacquiao. I know the majority of us know thats a mismatch but we also know dollars are the only thing that make sense in boxing.

Floyd is going to have to eventually fight Pacquiao....especially if he KOs Rios. For a guy that calls himself "Money" i'm sure he realizes it too.
Dolimite
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 6 2013, 02:39 PM) *
the only fight Floyd can make that will have comparable numbers to his fight against Canelo is Pacquiao. I know the majority of us know thats a mismatch but we also know dollars are the only thing that make sense in boxing.

Floyd is going to have to eventually fight Pacquiao....especially if he KOs Rios. For a guy that calls himself "Money" i'm sure he realizes it too.

Why does May have to fight Pac, why doesn't Pac have to fight May? May doesn't have to fight Pac, I am sorry. I think its the other way around.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (truth @ Sep 5 2013, 08:45 PM) *
here is my question ive seen where a lot of people feel if floyd beats canelo he wont have anyone to fight but i believe he is going to move up in weight now as far fetched as it may seem considering floyd walks around at his normal fight weight he is getting older so its possible with that he is gaining weight plus when he went to jail he packed on more muscle then he had previously that being said i could see floyd fighting lmartinez, lara, martirosyan, and others. which would also produce that he could possibly lose feel which would produce good numbers not like canelo but good numbers. now if he stayed at welter weight fights with thurman garcia matthysee winner and with him and bob possibly working out their relationship bradley if he beats marquez and maybe pac if he beats rios. but i think he will continue to fight a jmw because thats where the money will be at for him after he beats canelo

He has to go to the winner between Garcia and Matthyse, he has already beaten JMM and Bradley is under TR so there's no way that BA let's Floyd beat one of his fighters especially if Brad beats JMM and there's no Pac rematch (ASSuming he beats Rios) so the obvious choice is clear but he could always go to MW (which we know he won't because he'll barely make 152 if at all).
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 05:28 PM) *
He spoke about it awhile ago. He didn't sign a long term contract. I want to say either after the Ruslan fight or just before signing the JMM fight. He said he wanted to fight Floyd. So the only way that is happening if he leaves Bob.

Michigan is getting into ND's ass tomorrow, just to let you know! lol

I don't care who wins between them two lol.. I'm an ND fan but I ain't like some of these nuthuggers that's out here. They take that to heart. It should be a good game, the game I'm paying attention to is Bama-Texas A & M

That would be great for all parties involved. There are some good matchups for Bradley if he were to leave TR
emd01
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 05:05 PM) *
Why does May have to fight Pac, why doesn't Pac have to fight May? May doesn't have to fight Pac, I am sorry. I think its the other way around.

The same reason he had to fight Canelo...big numbers and money. Dont misconstrue what i'm saying as Floyd needs Pac for his legacy or some silly shit just that if he wants to make another big PPV before he retires he's going to have to fight Pac...or rematch DLH cool.gif . Who else is a draw?
checkleft
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 7 2013, 01:20 AM) *
The same reason he had to fight Canelo...big numbers and money. Dont misconstrue what i'm saying as Floyd needs Pac for his legacy or some silly shit just that if he wants to make another big PPV before he retires he's going to have to fight Pac...or rematch DLH cool.gif . Who else is a draw?

He wants to fight in the UK next year. He could fight a local pub boy and still sell out a soccer stadium over there, those motherfuckers out there don't give a shit! I love it!
emd01
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 7 2013, 01:19 AM) *
He wants to fight in the UK next year. He could fight a local pub boy and still sell out a soccer stadium over there, those motherfuckers out there don't give a shit! I love it!

Are you talking about Khan laugh.gif ? Fans from the UK are the shit. If fans in the US were dedicated like that we wouldnt have to hear the "boxing is dead" shit all of the time.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 7 2013, 09:47 AM) *
Are you talking about Khan laugh.gif ? Fans from the UK are the shit. If fans in the US were dedicated like that we wouldnt have to hear the "boxing is dead" shit all of the time.

Fans anywhere except the us are the shit
Jack 1000
My great boxing friend mentioned Triple G, which could be interesting, but I just don't know how anyone solves the Mayweather stick and move defense puzzle. Maybe Danny Garcia next. But he's tailor made for Floyd.

Jack
xxxxxx
It will most likely be Danny Garcia for Welterweight World Championship. Danny Garcia has earned his shot. Legacy wise, his biggest fights left would be Pacman, Martinez at Middleweight, Bradley or even a Broner.
Amandla
Garcia, Bradley, maybe Pac one day.
xxxxxx
I will say this, If Mayweather finishes his Showtime contract at 49-0, he will have major pressure to fight that 50th fight. That would be a massive PPV. He should almost save that for a Final Fight to cement his Legacy and even further his financial/Promotional career.
KOpower
There isn't much out there if Mayweather and Pac don't fight. I just don't see anything else that makes sense. Garcia will be a PPV bust and Showtime knows it. Alexander would be even worse. I think what Showtime will hope for is Khan to win and look impressive over Alexander. I think a Khan-Mayweather fight could sell enough to draw even for Showtime and that fight would be HUGE in England. Bradley is a possibility, but that fight wouldn't be huge and the Top-Rank thing would be tough.

If Pac smokes Rios, Manny makes the most sense in May. I just don't see that fight happening. I think there is a pretty decent path for Floyd to do 2 things.....continue to earn HUGE money and consistently fight in big/huge events at the close of his career that could place him among the 5 best fighters of All-Time and here it is....

1. Fight Pacquiao in May if Manny looks impressive against Rios. That has to happen. It would still be HUGE and still be a major draw. It would earn Floyd the most money of his career and would trump even the Canelo fight.

2. Fight the winner of Danny Garcia/Amir Khan/Devon Alexander in September. This would be an easy fight and sort of a break for Floyd after back to back HUGE events. The winner of that mini-tournament would also be an easier sell than either would be in May. It would probably be Garcia, and by that point Garcia would have been built up in a pretty good way.

3. Look to move up and fight Sergio Martinez or GGG. You take the fighter that brings the most money and gives you the most respect with a W. I would love to see GGG. It would be an ultimate challenge for Floyd, especially if GGG continues to demolish opponents over the next 18 months. GGG would be a really exciting fight and provide some real drama...and those 2 things equals MAJOR interest/PPV buys.

4. Move back down and fight Adrien Broner..hopefully AB would still be undefeated at that point with wins over a few really good 140/147 pound fighters. That would be the ultimate ending for Floyd and be a really interesting fight.

I think that is a pretty reasonable path and each one of those fights would be HUGE. It starts with Manny though.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 15 2013, 11:01 AM) *
There isn't much out there if Mayweather and Pac don't fight. I just don't see anything else that makes sense. Garcia will be a PPV bust and Showtime knows it. Alexander would be even worse. I think what Showtime will hope for is Khan to win and look impressive over Alexander. I think a Khan-Mayweather fight could sell enough to draw even for Showtime and that fight would be HUGE in England. Bradley is a possibility, but that fight wouldn't be huge and the Top-Rank thing would be tough.

If Pac smokes Rios, Manny makes the most sense in May. I just don't see that fight happening. I think there is a pretty decent path for Floyd to do 2 things.....continue to earn HUGE money and consistently fight in big/huge events at the close of his career that could place him among the 5 best fighters of All-Time and here it is....

1. Fight Pacquiao in May if Manny looks impressive against Rios. That has to happen. It would still be HUGE and still be a major draw. It would earn Floyd the most money of his career and would trump even the Canelo fight.

2. Fight the winner of Danny Garcia/Amir Khan/Devon Alexander in September. This would be an easy fight and sort of a break for Floyd after back to back HUGE events. The winner of that mini-tournament would also be an easier sell than either would be in May. It would probably be Garcia, and by that point Garcia would have been built up in a pretty good way.

3. Look to move up and fight Sergio Martinez or GGG. You take the fighter that brings the most money and gives you the most respect with a W. I would love to see GGG. It would be an ultimate challenge for Floyd, especially if GGG continues to demolish opponents over the next 18 months. GGG would be a really exciting fight and provide some real drama...and those 2 things equals MAJOR interest/PPV buys.

4. Move back down and fight Adrien Broner..hopefully AB would still be undefeated at that point with wins over a few really good 140/147 pound fighters. That would be the ultimate ending for Floyd and be a really interesting fight.

I think that is a pretty reasonable path and each one of those fights would be HUGE. It starts with Manny though.

I no longer have interest in Mayweather-Pacquaio after the KO loss. How does this fight even happen as long as Arum is involved? It would do big money, but only about 50% of what was originally anticipated. Manny would have to leave Top Rank, get past Rios (no easy task) and than have the build-up to maybe next year. Half the money might be there, but for competitiveness, forget about it.

Jack
Jack 1000
Possible opponents from a more realistic chance of happening:

Kahn in England (Huge over there money-wise)

Danny Garcia: Won't be a total bust, but would save us from Devon Alexander (YUCK!) Danny's got a good strong Latin-America/Mexican following with this win over Matthyssee. It could do ok as a PPV, but would need to be lower-priced at say $50, no higher.

Triple G.

Martinez

Broner.

These could all still be mismatches, but they could be thrown out there.

Jack
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 15 2013, 11:16 AM) *

Danny Garcia: Won't be a total bust, but would save us from Devon Alexander (YUCK!) Danny's got a good strong Latin-America/Mexican following with this win over Matthyssee. It could do ok as a PPV, but would need to be lower-priced at say $50, no higher.

Triple G.

Martinez

Broner.

Jack

As of today Garcia & Khan/Alexander winner are the most likely scenarios for May, but things could change with the next 7 months. I believe Martinez & GGG are with HBO so those are unlikely at this point. Martinez and GGG should fight eachother anyways as long as GGG beat Stevens. It doesn't appear that Mayweather and Broner have any intention of fighting eachother right now, but money talks. If Bradley beats Marquez I would love to see that 1 in May, but not sure if thats possible with Bradleys contract with Top Rank.
Amandla
I'm hoping to see Mayweather vs Garcia get fixed soon. Its pretty clear Danny's corner is smart and reminiscent of Floyd's corner in terms of family.

Its a showdown I'd like to see and the kid's chin is now proven against Matthysse so thi would go all the way.

I'd love to see it. Khan? I wouldn't like to see it even if he beats Devon Alexander mainly cos it just means we're gonna see Khan get KOed by Mayweather.

OR (highly unlikely) it may prove something else and that would be that Mayweather's power is diminishing and maybe he doesn't hit as hard as Danny Garcia.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 15 2013, 11:16 AM) *

Triple G.

Martinez

Broner.

Jack

I still say Broner and him will never fight, I have doubts that he'll fight over in the UK because he went from saying it's a possibility to Mayweather promotions will be featuring Theopane over there

Garcia is the most logical choice out of all these you mentioned. He really proved his worth in that scrap against Matthyse, he's a worthy opponent for Mayweather right now

I don't see a fight with Golovkin ever happening but the best fight of all is he and Martinez. The only way to get to Floyd is to have some real experience, I said it in another thread last week that Canelo is not his toughest challenge in this 6 fight deal he has. A fighter like Martinez is because he knows all the tricks to the game, the same way Cotto did. Floyd got rocked by Shane, struggled in spots against Miguel. It's not really a coincidence, both fighters have been on the big stage and have the experience to match Mayweather

Maravilla is no different. His style does present issues for Mayweather, only question is what weight will they fight at?

Gambit808
The thing about Mayweather-Garcia is that I feel, even while coming off the most impressive victory of his career, Garcia has yet to prove himself against a legitimate welterweight. Plus, I don't see why GBP would want to jeprodize another up and comers undefeated record, especially if the fight would not be at it's full potential of sale. I say keep building him up without feeding him to Mayweather and quite possibly have interest in a future fight with Broner. I think the only possibilities at this point is:

Khan/Alexander winner (mainly hoping its Khan who gets the nod)

Sergio Martinez

Manny Pacquioa
checkleft
Martinez will sprint to showtime, bad knee and all, for a mayweather fight lol.

Golovkin fight isn't happening

Marquez is a free bird so he could get a rematch if he is impressive

Bradley I'm pretty sure is almost done under top rank, but they couldn't draw flies to shit with that fight unless you got the undercard of all undercards

Still feel Garcia isn't ready, him and Alexander would be good to see how he does against a crafty, messy southpaw like devon who likes to dictate all the action and stop his opponents by clinching or staying out of range. Cause if you remember khan was lighting Danny up but khan has no chin, Alexander has a pretty sturdy one and doesn't mind boring the fuck out of people for the W
Hotsauce
I stil think the mayweather/pacquiao fight happens
emd01
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 15 2013, 04:34 PM) *
I stil thinkl the mayweather/pacquiao fight happens

So do I.
KOpower
I can't see how anyone could have real interest in a Mayweather-Garcia fight. Garcia has no chance. He is smaller than Canelo, slower hand-speed, and not as much power. Danny is EASY work for Floyd and it would be more of the same.
Hotsauce
what about floyd/jmm 2?
HyyerBlaze
Only fighter that could maybe give Floyd a fight is Sergio Martinez.He isn't married to HBO.Could see The fight get made at 157 especially since richard said maybe even 160 at the presser.

I would want to see a Garcia/Khan rematch first...winner gets Floyd.

The Original MrFactor
Broner would be the biggest money fight. How anyone could go from beating the 154lb champ to fighting a 140 or 147lb contender like Khan would be silly. He'd have to fight on at 154 and defend against Austin Trout or somebody. The Hopkins thing is interesting, but probably not likely. H could also call Margarito out of retirement and put that demon to rest. fuck.gif

Or he could simply retire. Beating Canelo and Cotto last year really puts a stamp on his career. Anything else is just for the money, which is always cool too.
checkleft
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 16 2013, 11:11 AM) *
what about floyd/jmm 2?

I'm all for this if he beats Bradley convincingly!
mrchitown
Even Golovkin and his people are getting in on the action. His trainer said GGG is the only one who can beat Mayweather and his trainer and manager also said they'd be willing to make the fight at 154
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 16 2013, 03:01 PM) *
I'm all for this if he beats Bradley convincingly!

Imagine that! JMM will actually be READY to make the WW limit...not sure about his skills against Floyd...he'd be on his own in that department. IF he embarrasses Bradley, then I wouldn't mind people demanding this fight. Again, maybe this will be a "start" (read: a business deal, before somebody gets pissed off at the opposing party) to a TR/GBP deal. Who knows?
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2013, 08:45 PM) *
Even Golovkin and his people are getting in on the action. His trainer said GGG is the only one who can beat Mayweather and his trainer and manager also said they'd be willing to make the fight at 154

Calling out a fighter whose best weight is 2 or 3 divisions below you is an act of cowardice.
mrchitown
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 16 2013, 09:28 PM) *
Calling out a fighter whose best weight is 2 or 3 divisions below you is an act of cowardice.

I'm not with it either, but you know these fighters are cashing themselves out. That payday look real appetizing
Shoromeo
Just a little thing I noticed when I was in England and amir khan was fighting Julio diaz . Khan is not what most people think , he's not popular at all in England and in fact most people don't like the guy . They were giving away free tickets to his fight , I guess they wanted to make it look full for tv or something. He has some Muslim followers but that's all . Not at all what people here in the states think that all of England shuts down when khan fights.lol . I don't think he would be able to sell out a 5000 seat arena let alone a stadium .
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2013, 11:29 PM) *
I'm not with it either, but you know these fighters are cashing themselves out. That payday look real appetizing

To quote Bernie Mac, "Look better than a bacon & egg sammich..."
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 15 2013, 12:10 PM) *
I no longer have interest in Mayweather-Pacquaio after the KO loss. How does this fight even happen as long as Arum is involved? It would do big money, but only about 50% of what was originally anticipated. Manny would have to leave Top Rank, get past Rios (no easy task) and than have the build-up to maybe next year. Half the money might be there, but for competitiveness, forget about it.

Jack

Jack, you're right....I mean, if May offered him $40M last time (which we all know he balked at) BEFORE he got Tempurpedic'd, you already know May is gonna be like, "That offer is out of the window. Now, it's $1M and a pack of banana Now & Laters..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.