Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where does floyd go after canelo
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Shoromeo @ Sep 17 2013, 12:30 AM) *
Just a little thing I noticed when I was in England and amir khan was fighting Julio diaz . Khan is not what most people think , he's not popular at all in England and in fact most people don't like the guy . They were giving away free tickets to his fight , I guess they wanted to make it look full for tv or something. He has some Muslim followers but that's all . Not at all what people here in the states think that all of England shuts down when khan fights.lol . I don't think he would be able to sell out a 5000 seat arena let alone a stadium .

Funny, Floyd is likely the draw there. LOL
daprofessor
danny stands alone. he's built a solid resume. i think he will give floyd a much tougher fight than canelo. he's a much smarter well rounded fighter. i'm not saying he'll beat floyd....but he's going to make floyd earn the victory.

the only two others that would stand above him are jmm (who floyd already beat) and bradley (who i believe is going to lose to jmm)

if bradley should get past jmm...then he might be 2nd behind danny.

alexander would not be a good match up.

i have absolutely no interest in seeing khan fight floyd.

khan has done nothing to deserve it. even a win over alexander doesn't qualify him in my eyes.

trout is a guy who seems to be forgotten in all of this. i honestly thought he beat canelo. it would be interesting to me....but the fans will shit on it.

cotto is a guy that i believe can become an option again if he should win impressively against delvin rodriguez.

can't see lara or martirosyan getting a shot.

if floyd wants to take his shot at TGE he should beat one of these guys....

martinez
golovkin
quillin
barker

mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2013, 06:37 PM) *
danny stands alone. he's built a solid resume. i think he will give floyd a much tougher fight than canelo. he's a much smarter well rounded fighter. i'm not saying he'll beat floyd....but he's going to make floyd earn the victory.

the only two others that would stand above him are jmm (who floyd already beat) and bradley (who i believe is going to lose to jmm)

khan has done nothing to deserve it. even a win over alexander doesn't qualify him in my eyes.

trout is a guy who seems to be forgotten in all of this. i honestly thought he beat canelo. it would be interesting to me....but the fans will shit on it.

cotto is a guy that i believe can become an option again if he should win impressively against delvin rodriguez.

martinez
golovkin
quillin
barker

I agree with you but your logic is way off. Tell me who Danny beat at 147? He has a solid resume at junior WELTERWEIGHT not at 147. There's welters out there that may put an L on him. Welter is deep, Khan might not get past Devon and I think Devon would be a tough fight for Danny.

If Maidana beats Broner then he immediately should jump to the front of the line. Khan brings in money so that seems like the way GB may lean but if Khan gets a belt then he definitely deserves the shot before Garcia...and Garcia will make Floyd earn the victory in the sense that it goes 12 but he's easy pickings for Floyd

I don't see how Khan does nothing in your eyes win he'll have a belt at welter as where Danny is moving up and hasn't even fought at that weight. Khan brings more to the table then Danny does and if he gets that belt it's even more appealing. You telling me a fight in the UK isn't bigger then Mayweather-Garcia back at the MGM? You smarter then that
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 07:06 PM) *
I agree with you but your logic is way off. Tell me who Danny beat at 147? He has a solid resume at junior WELTERWEIGHT not at 147. There's welters out there that may put an L on him. Welter is deep, Khan might not get past Devon and I think Devon would be a tough fight for Danny.

If Maidana beats Broner then he immediately should jump to the front of the line. Khan brings in money so that seems like the way GB may lean but if Khan gets a belt then he definitely deserves the shot before Garcia...and Garcia will make Floyd earn the victory in the sense that it goes 12 but he's easy pickings for Floyd

I don't see how Khan does nothing in your eyes win he'll have a belt at welter as where Danny is moving up and hasn't even fought at that weight. Khan brings more to the table then Danny does and if he gets that belt it's even more appealing. You telling me a fight in the UK isn't bigger then Mayweather-Garcia back at the MGM? You smarter then that

Well I just think that Khan-Mayweather is huge in the UK, just because it's Khan's status in the UK. Put Khan in the MGM, you'd get about 2000 Brits over there. Put khan in the UK, even though it's a mismatch-Khan has neither the chin nor defense to compete with Floyd and will get butchered without question. But Khan's got the name and the big numbers.

My concern is Floyd fighting over in the UK should British officials be appointed. There could be a CJ Ross second coming. I think Floyd should be more concerned about that than he is now. 60,000+ Brits could be at such a UK venue.. My concern is can Floyd get fair officiating in the UK with Khan? Mayweather's team should be discussing this with him and INSIST on neutral officials. I would drive home this point from the very beginning of fight negotiations. Floyd, your going into hostile territory if you don't with quick stoppage refs in the UK, quick count refs.....Phil Edwards=Chisora-Scott.

Danny Garcia is a more deserved opponent and in the States after the CJ Ross incident, Floyd has a better chance of fairness over here with Garcia, than with Khan in the UK.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 07:06 PM) *

i think my logic is right on point.

who has maidana beat at 147 to get a shot at floyd? soto-karass? josesito lopez? broner ain't no 147lb fighter. maidana loss to khan and alexander. he wasn't the man at 140 and beating broner won't make him the man at 147 either.

same applies to khan who got ktfo'd by danny. he wasn't the man at 140 beating alexander won't make him the man at 147 either.

danny has beat the best in his division. who there would beat him? alvarado? rios? he's the best at 140. if matthysse had beat him everyone and their mama would be screaming for mayweather/matthysse. so since danny shut him down everyone shuts up? i'd say danny beats both khan and alexander at 147. he just beat matthysse a lot more convincingly than alexander did. who has alexander beat to become the man? off the top of my head...the only welter i would pick over garcia at this point, besides floyd is thurman and even that fight is a toss up.
Jack 1000
Either Khan for the UK money and only because he's so big in the UK. But for the fight that fans would like to see, the best choice is probably Danny Garcia, but the PPV should be no more than $50 to get a better buy-rate with a somewhat lesser-known fighter than Canelo Alvarez. $65-$75 was too expensive for that PPV.

Jack
xxxxxx
I can tell some people are dissapointed that the selection could be Danny Garcia, but if you look at the guys resume he has earned his shot compared to almost everyone. The only guy that should truly be fighting Mayweather is Bradley, but we all know that is not happening because of Top Rank. Garcia has cleaned out his Divison and the only place to go is Welterweight where Floyd rules. What other Welterweights would you expect Floyd to fight in May?
xxxxxx
If I was able to chose Mayweather's final 5 fights it would go something like Garcia, Bradley, Martinez for Middleweight Championship & Pacman best 2 of 3 to finish career. If you wanted to add an event in Manchester against a Brook or Khan I would watch it. Mayweather talked about a Madison Square Garden fight before he Retire, but I think that's unlikely. I'm curious if Floyd and his team have had talks with Spadafora. Isn't Paul undefeated still with nearly 50 wins?
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2013, 08:33 PM) *
i think my logic is right on point.

who has maidana beat at 147 to get a shot at floyd? soto-karass? josesito lopez? broner ain't no 147lb fighter. maidana loss to khan and alexander. he wasn't the man at 140 and beating broner won't make him the man at 147 either.

same applies to khan who got ktfo'd by danny. he wasn't the man at 140 beating alexander won't make him the man at 147 either.

danny has beat the best in his division. who there would beat him? alvarado? rios? he's the best at 140. if matthysse had beat him everyone and their mama would be screaming for mayweather/matthysse. so since danny shut him down everyone shuts up? i'd say danny beats both khan and alexander at 147. he just beat matthysse a lot more convincingly than alexander did. who has alexander beat to become the man? off the top of my head...the only welter i would pick over garcia at this point, besides floyd is thurman and even that fight is a toss up.

NONE of them have done anything to deserve a shot but that's what we're left with. Maidana has fought at welter, same as Devon, and same as Khan. This guy has done nothing at that weight. Not nothing. He's great and I'm a huge fan of his and I agree they'd be championing Lucas as the boogey man to finally put Mayweather to rest. I think a fight with him and Khan or Garcia is fine. I see those 2 fights in the near future. I actually think he should fight Danny next and put that L on his record and then fight Khan because I don't believe a PPV on Cinco De Mayo in the UK would sell well. It would do better in September.

But I'm not about to act like Danny earned a shot at 147 by beating a 140lbers, that's stupid. He beat the best in his division not the one above him...and to say Khan wasn't the man at 140? C'mon now. He and Bradley were running that division. I disagree with him beating Devon because I believe that's a toss up fight. I don't see him beating Broner if Broner stays there because Danny has nowhere near the skills Adrien has. His greatest asset is that he finds a way to win and so far that's all he's ever needed. I think he and Thurman is a toss up too. He and Guerrero is a good scrap. Ain't no walkovers for him at 147. You asked who has Alexander beat to become the man then I can put the same thing to you? I ain't hear Garcia fighting at 147..I like it as Floyd's next fight but I'm not going to go along with him being the man who earned it. He's marketable like Khan. moreso then Devon and Maidana, that's it
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 17 2013, 09:48 PM) *
I can tell some people are dissapointed that the selection could be Danny Garcia, but if you look at the guys resume he has earned his shot compared to almost everyone. The only guy that should truly be fighting Mayweather is Bradley, but we all know that is not happening because of Top Rank. Garcia has cleaned out his Divison and the only place to go is Welterweight where Floyd rules. What other Welterweights would you expect Floyd to fight in May?

Why would someone be disappointed if he's next?
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2013, 04:37 PM) *

martinez
golovkin
quillin
barker

So he has to beat someone at 160? You realize that would be another catchweight? Just saying. No way Floyd even comes in close to 160. 154 maybe but 160 not happening.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 09:28 PM) *
Why would someone be disappointed if he's next?

Because the name is not Pacquiao.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 16 2013, 02:01 PM) *
I'm all for this if he beats Bradley convincingly!

I was asking that question because they already fought. people might not get up for that, but I think some people will say this is the new and improved jmm.
NoCatchweights
Angulo is being slept on, he is big, he is Mexican, he has his story of being held by immigration that will play well with Mexicans and most casuals don't know he gave up vs Lara.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 17 2013, 09:18 PM) *
Either Khan for the UK money and only because he's so big in the UK. But for the fight that fans would like to see, the best choice is probably Danny Garcia, but the PPV should be no more than $50 to get a better buy-rate with a somewhat lesser-known fighter than Canelo Alvarez. $65-$75 was too expensive for that PPV.

Jack

is he big in the uk? i've talked to a lot of ppl from there who say he's not very popular.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 11:27 PM) *
NONE of them have done anything to deserve a shot but that's what we're left with. Maidana has fought at welter, same as Devon, and same as Khan. This guy has done nothing at that weight. Not nothing. He's great and I'm a huge fan of his and I agree they'd be championing Lucas as the boogey man to finally put Mayweather to rest. I think a fight with him and Khan or Garcia is fine. I see those 2 fights in the near future. I actually think he should fight Danny next and put that L on his record and then fight Khan because I don't believe a PPV on Cinco De Mayo in the UK would sell well. It would do better in September.

But I'm not about to act like Danny earned a shot at 147 by beating a 140lbers, that's stupid. He beat the best in his division not the one above him...and to say Khan wasn't the man at 140? C'mon now. He and Bradley were running that division. I disagree with him beating Devon because I believe that's a toss up fight. I don't see him beating Broner if Broner stays there because Danny has nowhere near the skills Adrien has. His greatest asset is that he finds a way to win and so far that's all he's ever needed. I think he and Thurman is a toss up too. He and Guerrero is a good scrap. Ain't no walkovers for him at 147. You asked who has Alexander beat to become the man then I can put the same thing to you? I ain't hear Garcia fighting at 147..I like it as Floyd's next fight but I'm not going to go along with him being the man who earned it. He's marketable like Khan. moreso then Devon and Maidana, that's it

maidana moved up to welter after getting his ass beat by khan

devon moved up to welter after getting his ass handed to him by bradley

khan moved up to welter after he got ktfo'd by danny

danny cleaned out the division and stands alone at 140. he's better than all 3 guys...doesn't matter if they fought at welter or not.

ever heard of alexis arguello? he cleared out his division at one point too. he had no where to go but up to challenge the champion in the next division aaron pryor.

ever heard of wilfredo gomez? he cleared out his division and was undefeated and won all his fights by ko when he was the man in his division. he went up to take on salvador sanchez.

ever hear of roberto duran? he reigned at 135 for almost 10yrs before he jumped 2 weight classes to fight leonard at 147.

ever hear of shane mosley? he dominated at 135 and pretty much proved to be the man before he jumped 2 weight classes to 147 and beat dlh.

it's been done several times in history. let's not act like it can't be done this time.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 18 2013, 09:35 AM) *
So he has to beat someone at 160? You realize that would be another catchweight? Just saying. No way Floyd even comes in close to 160. 154 maybe but 160 not happening.

duran didn't make barkley come in at a catchweight.

and before chi tries to make it sound like that happened in ancient times....again...it was in '89. floyd was fighting amateur at the time. he went to the olympics 7 short years later in '96. this happened in his lifetime and i'm quite sure he's old enough to remember even though u might not be. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 18 2013, 12:08 PM) *
Angulo is being slept on, he is big, he is Mexican, he has his story of being held by immigration that will play well with Mexicans and most casuals don't know he gave up vs Lara.

angulo shouldn't be in the conversation.
daprofessor
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 17 2013, 10:22 PM) *
If I was able to chose Mayweather's final 5 fights it would go something like Garcia, Bradley, Martinez for Middleweight Championship & Pacman best 2 of 3 to finish career. If you wanted to add an event in Manchester against a Brook or Khan I would watch it. Mayweather talked about a Madison Square Garden fight before he Retire, but I think that's unlikely. I'm curious if Floyd and his team have had talks with Spadafora. Isn't Paul undefeated still with nearly 50 wins?

danny or cotto (if he could redeem himself) would be logical choices for madison square garden. that would be huge!!!
Hotsauce
floyd/sergio at 160 would be perfect next may
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 01:34 PM) *

danny cleaned out the division and stands alone at 140. he's better than all 3 guys...doesn't matter if they fought at welter or not.

ever heard of alexis arguello? he cleared out his division at one point too. he had no where to go but up to challenge the champion in the next division aaron pryor.

ever heard of wilfredo gomez? he cleared out his division and was undefeated and won all his fights by ko when he was the man in his division. he went up to take on salvador sanchez.

ever hear of roberto duran? he reigned at 135 for almost 10yrs before he jumped 2 weight classes to fight leonard at 147.

ever hear of shane mosley? he dominated at 135 and pretty much proved to be the man before he jumped 2 weight classes to 147 and beat dlh.

it's been done several times in history. let's not act like it can't be done this time.

There's no comparison between Danny and any of those guys you just mentioned. I disagree that he's better because Khan was beating his ass he just got caught. There's not any hard proof that he won't beat Danny in a rematch, Alexander is a tough fight for him, hell there are many tough fights for him at welter. I have said I agree that he should be Floyd's next fight but not because he earned it. I'm sorry, I don't agree with mos tof what your saying. Khan would be way more appealing if he beats Devon and gets a belt. Let's not act like Danny brings so much to the table. He's a good solid fighter but he's ordinary, the only appeal to the fight is can he dig deep and do what he does best? And that is finding a way to win. You like handing out bootleg history lessons but history isn't always meant to repeat itself. It's 2013 not 1978, put the bell bottoms down. It's over. Maybe it's time for new history to be made, Professor
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2013, 03:51 PM) *
There's no comparison between Danny and any of those guys you just mentioned. I disagree that he's better because Khan was beating his ass he just got caught. There's not any hard proof that he won't beat Danny in a rematch, Alexander is a tough fight for him, hell there are many tough fights for him at welter. I have said I agree that he should be Floyd's next fight but not because he earned it. I'm sorry, I don't agree with mos tof what your saying. Khan would be way more appealing if he beats Devon and gets a belt. Let's not act like Danny brings so much to the table. He's a good solid fighter but he's ordinary, the only appeal to the fight is can he dig deep and do what he does best? And that is finding a way to win. You like handing out bootleg history lessons but history isn't always meant to repeat itself. It's 2013 not 1978, put the bell bottoms down. It's over. Maybe it's time for new history to be made, Professor

either you are fuckin with me or you really believe your own bullshit. either way, it's funny as shit and very entertaining. laugh.gif i think u just like to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing. i do that shit sometimes to make conversations interesting. if by new history you mean ignoring history and acting like shit didn't happen....i'm good. i can't do that. but it if works for you to bury your head in the sand...by all means...don't let me stop u.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 05:45 PM) *
either you are fuckin with me or you really believe your own bullshit. either way, it's funny as shit and very entertaining. laugh.gif i think u just like to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing. i do that shit sometimes to make conversations interesting. if by new history you mean ignoring history and acting like shit didn't happen....i'm good. i can't do that. but it if works for you to bury your head in the sand...by all means...don't let me stop u.

Ah I see, so because I am smart enough to form an opinion for myself, my opinion is bullshit. I guess you the only one with knowledge huh? Ok fam I'll let your old ass have it seeing as how I aint even hit my prime yet and you close to your death bed lmao.

When I say new history I mean blazing your own trail. Making your own history, I guess that's a big difference between me and you. I don't follow nobody script, I've been that way as a kid and will continue to do so. Maybe because your so narrow minded you can't see past certain things. That's typical old people shit though, yall think yall day and the goings on in yall day was the best and try to hold current things/people to that standard but your days is over, it's mine now and I run as I see fit. I don;t have issues with people who follow a set script but you call yourself the professor and over look the fact that history remembers those who did things their way, who did things differently. You a by the book cat that's cool. I ad-lib and choose to get different results

What about your continuous crusade for Mayweather to jump to 160 and win a title. SRL did it, such and such did it. He needs to take the hat off because he's not the best ever. I never said your observation was bullshit, I found it to be quite typical for one your age and stupid but I respect your opinion so I didn't call it crappy. Your problem is you like an old washed up rapper from the 80's who always wanna interject yourself in shit. It always gets compared to your day but you too set in your ways to realize your irrelevance.

At least we both find each other entertaining, you find my alleged disagree just for the sake of act entertaining and I find your over valuing of your actual worth to me and this board entertaining as well. And that last lil dig you sent my way, allow me to respond by saying that I don't bury my head in the sand for no situation, individual, event etc. For me to bury my head in the sand that would imply that I'm afraid of something be it a person, history, etc but that's never been the case with me
I'll leave you alone,.... Brutal ethered you earleir in the week, I'll let you heal up and lick your wounds I know at your advanced age it'll take some time LMAO
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2013, 07:37 PM) *
Ah I see, so because I am smart enough to form an opinion for myself, my opinion is bullshit. I guess you the only one with knowledge huh? Ok fam I'll let your old ass have it seeing as how I aint even hit my prime yet and you close to your death bed lmao.

When I say new history I mean blazing your own trail. Making your own history, I guess that's a big difference between me and you. I don't follow nobody script, I've been that way as a kid and will continue to do so. Maybe because your so narrow minded you can't see past certain things. That's typical old people shit though, yall think yall day and the goings on in yall day was the best and try to hold current things/people to that standard but your days is over, it's mine now and I run as I see fit. I don;t have issues with people who follow a set script but you call yourself the professor and over look the fact that history remembers those who did things their way, who did things differently. You a by the book cat that's cool. I ad-lib and choose to get different results

What about your continuous crusade for Mayweather to jump to 160 and win a title. SRL did it, such and such did it. He needs to take the hat off because he's not the best ever. I never said your observation was bullshit, I found it to be quite typical for one your age and stupid but I respect your opinion so I didn't call it crappy. Your problem is you like an old washed up rapper from the 80's who always wanna interject yourself in shit. It always gets compared to your day but you too set in your ways to realize your irrelevance.

At least we both find each other entertaining, you find my alleged disagree just for the sake of act entertaining and I find your over valuing of your actual worth to me and this board entertaining as well. And that last lil dig you sent my way, allow me to respond by saying that I don't bury my head in the sand for no situation, individual, event etc. For me to bury my head in the sand that would imply that I'm afraid of something be it a person, history, etc but that's never been the case with me
I'll leave you alone,.... Brutal ethered you earleir in the week, I'll let you heal up and lick your wounds I know at your advanced age it'll take some time LMAO

laugh.gif ok.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 08:55 PM) *
laugh.gif ok.

I'll admit I troll you at times to see what you gon say but not like I do Dolomite, I be getting him real good laugh.gif
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 01:37 PM) *
angulo shouldn't be in the conversation.

I don't think he should be either but Floyd needs fights that he can sale to his heavily Mexican audience.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2013, 10:22 PM) *
I'll admit I troll you at times to see what you gon say but not like I do Dolomite, I be getting him real good laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Franchize
I think Floyd should fight Marquez again if he beats Bradley. Wash that dude up again and make that Mexican money in May since Manny's team clearly doesn't want none. I thought it was ridiculous suggestion at first, but now I'm thinking Floyd may eventually square up with Broner. I think Sr and Broner are going to eventually get into a war of words. Maybe even Roger. Adrien, being the big mouth he is, is going to say something outta pocket (which Floyd Sr. actually suggested) and then Floyd's gonna be like "alright....time to get schooled. class in session."
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2013, 06:22 PM) *

Yawl are some assholes!!! thumbsdown_anim.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 01:34 PM) *

Maidana got his ass kicked by khan?? Must have missed that..

I'm telling you professor your feeling yourself a little to much this month laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2013, 10:18 PM) *
laugh.gif

A little trolling never hurt nobody laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 19 2013, 09:49 AM) *
[/b]
Yawl are some assholes!!! thumbsdown_anim.gif

It's all in good fun
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2013, 10:19 AM) *

I'm telling you professor your feeling yourself a little to much this month laugh.gif

A September to remember Check lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2013, 10:19 AM) *

did maidana win that fight? did he or did he not get dropped in that fight? the defense rests. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2013, 03:23 PM) *
did maidana win that fight? did he or did he not get dropped in that fight? the defense rests. laugh.gif

Cmon pro, khan barely escaped that fight awake! Wasn't it a split decision? Even with the kd? Maan give maidana his credit

If anything didn't he move up after morales gave him the same scare he gave khan lol

And devon moved up after he got put on his ass for the first time in his career by Lucas because supposedly the weight was affecting his chin lol

Amandla
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2013, 09:22 PM) *
Cmon pro, khan barely escaped that fight awake! Wasn't it a split decision? Even with the kd? Maan give maidana his credit

If anything didn't he move up after morales gave him the same scare he gave khan lol

And devon moved up after he got put on his ass for the first time in his career by Lucas because supposedly the weight was affecting his chin lol

It was a UD! Khan's got a weakas jaw but he isn't that bad.

The only thing holding him back is his mouth and his jaw.
Dolimite
Garcia in May and Khan in September.
KOpower
Khan has Ramadan and can't train during that time so a September fight with Floyd is probably out.
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 20 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Khan has Ramadan and can't train during that time so a September fight with Floyd is probably out.

If they put money in front of Khan he can figure around that.
emd01
where does floyd go after canelo

Disneyland cool.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2013, 09:22 PM) *

true. i'll give u that.
checkleft
QUOTE (Amandla @ Sep 20 2013, 03:33 PM) *
It was a UD! Khan's got a weakas jaw but he isn't that bad.

The only thing holding him back is his mouth and his jaw.

It was a close fight tho, look at the cards. That's the first fight I ever saw khan bust out the track shoes in! He was literally running at different points, just like in the lamont fight. The guy has terrible footwork but the heart of a rhino man, can't deny his heart.
emd01
Anyone in the 147lb divs and below can just fucking forget about beating Floyd. After what he did to Canelo i'm not sure GGG or Martinez are much of a threat. I say Floyd says fuck it and just fight Martinez.
mrchitown
Well he did an interview a few days ago and kinda sent shots at Amir Khan...basically saying he has to earn a shot at fighting him and stop running his mouth about it...I'm hoping he goes outside of GB for his next fight, but a Garcia fight or Khan fight will do
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 23 2013, 11:15 PM) *
Well he did an interview a few days ago and kinda sent shots at Amir Khan...basically saying he has to earn a shot at fighting him and stop running his mouth about it...I'm hoping he goes outside of GB for his next fight, but a Garcia fight or Khan fight will do

link?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 23 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Anyone in the 147lb divs and below can just fucking forget about beating Floyd. After what he did to Canelo i'm not sure GGG or Martinez are much of a threat. I say Floyd says fuck it and just fight Martinez.

This would be the biggest Legacy fight for Floyd at this point, but I read somewhere that Martinez has 2 more fights with HBO so not sure if it would happen next.
Dolimite
Floyd is fighting Danny Garcia in May. Danny should take a tune up fight in Jan at WW and then fight May in May. Or what can happen. The winner between Broner and Madiana gets a shot at Danny. If Danny beats the winner of the fight, he will have more push to his name and a Mayweather clash would be welcomed.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 24 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Floyd is fighting Danny Garcia in May. Danny should take a tune up fight in Jan at WW and then fight May in May. Or what can happen. The winner between Broner and Madiana gets a shot at Danny. If Danny beats the winner of the fight, he will have more push to his name and a Mayweather clash would be welcomed.

I think broner could give Danny some trouble.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 23 2013, 11:34 PM) *
link?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/ar...ig-pay-day.html

'If you deserve a chance against me then I will give you it but not because you are running your mouth off.
'I know Amir has been running his mouth off saying he wants to fight me but he wont earn a shot that way.
'If he works hard and proves he is worthy of a shot - that's when he will get his wish.'
Mayweather's warning comes after Khan's own American trainer told him that unless he commits himself to boxing as totally as Mayweather he will never become a truly great world champion.

mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 24 2013, 12:31 PM) *
I think broner could give Danny some trouble.

I think Broner would beat Danny
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 24 2013, 06:56 AM) *
This would be the biggest Legacy fight for Floyd at this point, but I read somewhere that Martinez has 2 more fights with HBO so not sure if it would happen next.

Man that sucks, I really would love to see this fight, I think Sergio is ripe for the picking and it would add to Floyd's legacy. Truth be told Sergio doesn't even look like he's got 2 fights left in him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.