Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decent Article
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
Very good article and I actually saw that segment and shook my head. These are not boxing fans or even casual fans. They are headline fans. The sport is very healthy. These assholes didn't even mention that Danny and Lucas is on the card, which more people are actually looking forward to seeing then the main event. The sport is healthy and there are plenty of young lions coming up that has me excited. I can't wait until the Charlo twins get their big shot and Keith Thurman and a slew of other guys. These men have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. Wilbon, actually said Mayweather was cowardly for not taking the Pac fight. Any real sports journalist can tell what really happened with that fight, but these guys are headline journalist and do not really investigate. But oh well/
checkleft
Good article.

And believe it or not there is a pretty good article on ESPN about Floyd being the last American prize fighter. It does a very good job illustrating how much of a throwback Floyd.is in terms of his demeanor in and out of the ring.
bnoles4life
I've been shouting this for years: WilbONG (convinced he gets high, w/ some of that commentary) is an idiot. TMZn (ESPN) is built on hyperbole and "shock value". There's very little substance behind many of their stories and you aren't required to delve particularly deep to find that out either. Here's an interesting point, IMO, that laments the "idiot abroad" mentality WilBONG consistently brings: They're bashing boxing, calling it "dead" and thereby, telling fans "there's nothing to see here....", but all the while, have programming called "Friday Night Fights". WTF is up w/ that? Are they masochists? Do they have FNF solely as a "tax write-off"?

They, PTI, have one thing right, but in regard to their show: "Move along, there's nothing to see there..."
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2013, 02:51 PM) *
Good article.

And believe it or not there is a pretty good article on ESPN about Floyd being the last American prize fighter. It does a very good job illustrating how much of a throwback Floyd.is in terms of his demeanor in and out of the ring.

Read that and it's no coincidence, they outsourced the writer, rather than have a staff "hack", aptly "hack" up the job.
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 6 2013, 02:16 PM) *
Read that and it's no coincidence, they outsourced the writer, rather than have a staff "hack", aptly "hack" up the job.

I didn't even notice that, good eye bnoles!
Dolimite
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 6 2013, 11:14 AM) *
I've been shouting this for years: WilbONG (convinced he gets high, w/ some of that commentary) is an idiot. TMZn (ESPN) is built on hyperbole and "shock value". There's very little substance behind many of their stories and you aren't required to delve particularly deep to find that out either. Here's an interesting point, IMO, that laments the "idiot abroad" mentality WilBONG consistently brings: They're bashing boxing, calling it "dead" and thereby, telling fans "there's nothing to see here....", but all the while, have programming called "Friday Night Fights". WTF is up w/ that? Are they masochists? Do they have FNF solely as a "tax write-off"?

They, PTI, have one thing right, but in regard to their show: "Move along, there's nothing to see there..."

Plus not to mention ESPN the magazine fight issue that is solely dedicated to the fight. They are not fans of the sports, they are headline fans. Fuck em both. Fat ass Dan even go on them saying they have no idea what they are talking about!
mrchitown
ESPN as a whole has fallen off, it's so sad, I used to respect them. I barely watch ESPN now. The only time I watch is when games are on. I don't really care to hear the halftime shows and the other programming because it's all based on pushing an agenda
daprofessor
anyone else get the feeling this dude is banking on a matthysse win against garcia?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 05:16 PM) *
ESPN as a whole has fallen off, it's so sad, I used to respect them. I barely watch ESPN now. The only time I watch is when games are on. I don't really care to hear the halftime shows and the other programming because it's all based on pushing an agenda

Jim "Pom Pom Shaker" Lamply would fit right in at ESPN.

Jack

PS. Read the article, it is excellent! A lot of valid points.

mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 9 2013, 08:39 AM) *
Jim "Pom Pom Shaker" Lamply would fit right in at ESPN.

Jack

PS. Read the article, it is excellent! A lot of valid points.

Indeed he would, the way he commentates these days is disrespectful to the sport of Boxing. HBO needs to drop that fight game show because it's so biased and uninformative it's ridiculous. I know people don't like his antics and the way he does things at times but ESPN should give Atlas a boxing show in there and surround him with some other real knowledgeable people...because the way they're doing it now it's clear that they have no clue what they talking about
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.