Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10:25PM(ET)/7:25PM(PT) Arreola vs Mitchell-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Catch all the action tonight on Showtime in this heavyweight elimination fight. "Big Bad" Seth Mitchell faces "The Nightmare" Chris "Nipples" Arreola! Keep it all in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
I won't in be for this one tonight (I'm in Tally Florida getting plastered), but I'm almost sure that Arreola is gonna do his best to make quick work of Mitchell. On the other hand, Mitchell may very do a decent job of surviving and/or taking the fight to Chris.

Arreola has failed to impress as of late, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't find a way to come up short. Ramire is good trainer, but as of late, his fighters have found ways to make fights harder on themselves, rather than on the opponent.

Anyhow, all I can say, is that Mitchell surprises us tonight...with resolve, a victory, or a combination of both. I've learned over the years, to not have too much faith in Arreola
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 7 2013, 10:16 PM) *
I won't in be for this one tonight (I'm in Tally Florida getting plastered), but I'm almost sure that Arreola is gonna do his best to make quick work of Mitchell. On the other hand, Mitchell may very do a decent job of surviving and/or taking the fight to Chris.

Arreola has failed to impress as of late, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't find a way to come up short. Ramire is good trainer, but as of late, his fighters have found ways to make fights harder on themselves, rather than on the opponent.

Anyhow, all I can say, is that Mitchell surprises us tonight...with resolve, a victory, or a combination of both. I've learned over the years, to not have too much faith in Arreola

Mitchell's performance in both of the fights against banks doesn't give me much of a choice but to ride with Chris. Arreola looks to be in decent condition for this fight and Mitchell's chin is very suspect
daprofessor
i'm hoping mitchell pulls off the impossible and starches nipples.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 7 2013, 10:42 PM) *
Mitchell's performance in both of the fights against banks doesn't give me much of a choice but to ride with Chris. Arreola looks to be in decent condition for this fight and Mitchell's chin is very suspect

I can ride with that, but at the same time, until we can prove that Banks threw the rematch, then its safe to say that Mitchell made a few somewhat decent adjustments.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2013, 10:52 PM) *
i'm hoping mitchell pulls off the impossible and starches nipples.

Wow! Just freakin wow! The night that Professor is on the boards for a fight, my ass happens to be out of town. Smh...I need to do better. laugh.gif
BigFightFan
Marquez is fading quickly, his legs are gone
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 7 2013, 09:58 PM) *
I can ride with that, but at the same time, until we can prove that Banks threw the rematch, then its safe to say that Mitchell made a few somewhat decent adjustments.

Wow! Just freakin wow! The night that Professor is on the boards for a fight, my ass happens to be out of town. Smh...I need to do better. laugh.gif

laugh.gif i'm not watching either! so no worries.
mgrover
Ah shit was hoping for a round by round lol
mrchitown
I didn't know Mitchell was the #2 ranked contender for the WBC
Gambit808
Let's see if this ends quick
mrchitown
Arreola with the sledge hammer!!!
BigFightFan
Mitchell's chin just isn't working for him.
Plah
Well... that was fast.
The Original MrFactor
Wow... Paulie Malignaggi can KO Mitchel...
Cheesey1
Mitchell might have been able to make it out of that round if he was a bit smarter, but he paid the price. Congrats to Arreola.
KOpower
Mitchell isn't a fighter. He just doesn't have the chin. He has some talent, but he just can't take any kind of punch. He also can't protect that chin of his. Mitchell probably won't retire, but I can't see him as a real threat.
Gambit808
Damn that was shameful to watch.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 7 2013, 11:49 PM) *
Wow... Paulie Malignaggi can KO Mitchel...

Jhill47
haha.gif haha.gif I called this shit
MAHDI
Mitchell needs to go AWAY he takes a punch like a three old child
mrchitown
He's not a contender, he was just hype created by his team. Haymon should just serve him up to Deontay next and be done with him because he's not going anywhere in the posrt of Boxing...anytime he faces someone who can box or has power or has both he's going to lose. He has skill in the sense that he's an athlete but Boxing ain't his thing. This isn't football, 10 other people ain't backing you up...he's light work for anybody in the HW division with skills. Jennigs, Wilder, Ruiz, and a host of other heavies would feast on Seth. He has athleticism but other then that he ain't nothing
The Original MrFactor
I would like to see Arreola vs Wilder. Make it happen DLH!
BigFightFan
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Sep 7 2013, 11:53 PM) *
Mitchell needs to go AWAY he takes a punch like a three old child

Seth "Chinless" Mitchell, jaw softer than pillow's
mrchitown
It's hard not to like Mitchell, I'm a fan and I wanted to see him do well but I always knew he'd run into trouble and he did...Arreola vs Wilder?? That fight probably won't go past 5 rounds
Hotsauce
Damn mitchell let me down
bnoles4life
Seriously. Who didn't see this coming? Hell, the Mitchell camp likely had this as the end result.
Dolimite
I'm not surprised at the fact Seth got the shit knocked out him. He and Khan are distant brothers because they both have glass shattered chins. Seth doesn't have the makeup for this sport. Chris could of shown more class but hell, whatever. The fact that he thanked God and then himself, and then said God didn't do the hard work, he did. That's funny. I think I am starting to like Chris. Yo, did you notice he said "easy work" I guess that is becoming a popular term.By the way, I hate the watson twins.
emd01
His chin isnt the problem. Its his defense. He took 6-7 clean shots before the ref stopped it and he wasnt out cold. He just cant avoid punches. He's just not a boxer nea.gif .

Anyway, I knew this shit was going to happen. On to the next one. Wilder will kill Arreola btw.
KOpower
You can't compare Khan to Mitchell. Khan is a world-class boxer with legitimate wins under his belt. He does have a weak chin, but he can still fight good opposition and be a threat to win.
emd01
QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 7 2013, 09:19 PM) *
You can't compare Khan to Mitchell. Khan is a world-class boxer with legitimate wins under his belt. He does have a weak chin, but he can still fight good opposition and be a threat to win.

Khan is way better than Mitchell. I actually like Khan...especially when I dont hear him.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 7 2013, 11:07 PM) *
It's hard not to like Mitchell, I'm a fan and I wanted to see him do well but I always knew he'd run into trouble and he did...Arreola vs Wilder?? That fight probably won't go past 5 rounds

Arreola has wiskers, if he may take deontay into deep water and drown him.

QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 8 2013, 12:19 AM) *

Khan is a warrior, he always gets back up and tries to fight back. That guy ducks no one!
Jack 1000
Mitchell was always over-rated, so not surprised that the quick KO blitz ended things. When a fighter makes a living in another sport and moves to boxing, the results are most often disastrous. Nipples won't be remembered as a great, maybe even not a good heavyweight. However, in today's sad crop of heavyweights, he could win a world title.

Marquez lost in a great war to some guy named Esquivias! I thought this guy was just gonna be a stepping stone. Great action! But he should retire. I had it 5-3 for Esquivias at the stoppage.

Jack
Hotsauce
Arreola vs WIlder
DevJ560
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 8 2013, 12:38 AM) *
Arreola vs WIlder

Yeah Wilder needs to fight someone who can actually take a punch and stop mowing down all those tomato cans
Dolimite
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 7 2013, 09:29 PM) *
Khan is way better than Mitchell. I actually like Khan...especially when I dont hear him.

I am not talking about Khan's boxing skills, I am talking about that chin of his. World class fighter... that is a reach.
emd01
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 8 2013, 04:07 AM) *
I am not talking about Khan's boxing skills, I am talking about that chin of his. World class fighter... that is a reach.

Bob Arum would bum fight Khan to super stardom though. One thing Bob is good at is selling shit and making everyone think its sugar.
sduck
I missed it but I called it!
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 8 2013, 12:51 AM) *
Arreola has wiskers, if he may take deontay into deep water and drown him.

Arreola probably could but I don't think it would happen...Deontay needs rounds under his belt and Arreola can be that sturdy fighter to take him late into a fight but Deontay has more talent and more skill and I think he hits harder then Chris
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 8 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Arreola probably could but I don't think it would happen...Deontay needs rounds under his belt and Arreola can be that sturdy fighter to take him late into a fight but Deontay has more talent and more skill and I think he hits harder then Chris

Deontay def. Has talent but I haven't seen any REAL skill, he has his basic one two down but dude needs to get some rounds in. There's absolutely no telling Wtf we will see when he is in with a live body. I wanna see the dude think before we start talking skill, ill I've ever seen him do is throw that 1-2
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 9 2013, 12:29 AM) *
Deontay def. Has talent but I haven't seen any REAL skill, he has his basic one two down but dude needs to get some rounds in. There's absolutely no telling Wtf we will see when he is in with a live body. I wanna see the dude think before we start talking skill, ill I've ever seen him do is throw that 1-2

He needs rounds I agree, but from what I see of him and still stacking it against Arrerola's history, I'm still going with Deontay to win
mrchitown
Bryant Jennings stepped to and called out Chris after the cameras stopped rolling calling for a fight with him. Arreola seems to want one thing and one thing only and that's that title shot
Cshel86
Seth's a real cool and likable guy, but damn, it's hard to watch him get knocked around like that. As Paulie mentioned, he wasn't bending his legs/knees at all, he was just standing up straight and taking the punches while trying to hold.

Arreola is a piece of shit for what he did after the fight. Push-ups bro? Really?! We saw an aging warrior in Hopkins, handle Pascal, in route to becoming the oldest champion in boxing...so he definitely deserved to do his push-ups during the fight (for showmanship). Arreola on the other hand, still hasn't proved shit, especially by beating a guy who only has about 6 years of boxing experience.

I'm still wondering what all of the celebration was all about. He didn't do anything spectacular (read: something that we didn't expect him to do), and the fact that he still has Stiverne and other fighters in his view, that are way better than Mitchell, just waiting to bust him and move on.

For somebody that cried the way he did in the post-fight interview in the Klitzscho (sp) fight, he had no room to do what he did.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 7 2013, 10:41 PM) *
I didn't know Mitchell was the #2 ranked contender for the WBC

we scrape up some good cash i can get you ranked #2 with no problem. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2013, 01:52 PM) *
Seth's a real cool and likable guy, but damn, it's hard to watch him get knocked around like that. As Paulie mentioned, he wasn't bending his legs/knees at all, he was just standing up straight and taking the punches while trying to hold.

Arreola is a piece of shit for what he did after the fight. Push-ups bro? Really?! We saw an aging warrior in Hopkins, handle Pascal, in route to becoming the oldest champion in boxing...so he definitely deserved to do his push-ups during the fight (for showmanship). Arreola on the other hand, still hasn't proved shit, especially by beating a guy who only has about 6 years of boxing experience.

I'm still wondering what all of the celebration was all about. He didn't do anything spectacular (read: something that we didn't expect him to do), and the fact that he still has Stiverne and other fighters in his view, that are way better than Mitchell, just waiting to bust him and move on.

For somebody that cried the way he did in the post-fight interview in the Klitzscho (sp) fight, he had no room to do what he did.

well said. and when he steps into the ring with wilder....he's going to end up on the canvas harlem shaking with his titties floppin all over the place. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2013, 07:17 PM) *
we scrape up some good cash i can get you ranked #2 with no problem. laugh.gif

Please don't tempt me laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.