Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catchweight Blame Leveled at Floyd
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BrutUalBK
Why is the blame for the CW fight being leveled at Floyd when it is apparently clear that Canelo opened his big mouth first and said he wanted to go to 150 for the fight against Floyd? Nearly every boxing website with the exception of FH forum is blaming Mayweather for the CW but read this and we should stick to our guns and not be conformist like other websites:

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alvarez-il...ather-jr--46563
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 8 2013, 07:23 PM) *
Why is the blame for the CW fight being leveled at Floyd when it is apparently clear that Canelo opened his big mouth first and said he wanted to go to 150 for the fight against Floyd? Nearly every boxing website with the exception of FH forum is blaming Mayweather for the CW but read this and we should stick to our guns and not be conformist like other websites:

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alvarez-il...ather-jr--46563

Because its FLOYD. It is like how they solely blame Floyd for the Pac fight not happening. He is an easy target. People do not do their research or read. Who is more believable? The arrogant black guy or the fresh new face Canelo? There it is. I read where Canelo's team repeatedly said that they would fight Floyd at any weight. His team was stupid for printing it. If I am Floyd or his team, I am printing out the article on boxing scene that stated where they said that they would fight Floyd at 150/ It is bullshit. Let them explain their own fucking words!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 8 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Because its FLOYD. It is like how they solely blame Floyd for the Pac fight not happening. He is an easy target. People do not do their research or read. Who is more believable? The arrogant black guy or the fresh new face Canelo? There it is. I read where Canelo's team repeatedly said that they would fight Floyd at any weight. His team was stupid for printing it. If I am Floyd or his team, I am printing out the article on boxing scene that stated where they said that they would fight Floyd at 150/ It is bullshit. Let them explain their own fucking words!

It's funny you mentioned that because I was thinking the same thing, he should print it out and take it on All Access and then let them see if they can try to defend themselves with their own commentary.

BigFightFan
I don't understand why they are complaining about the weight after the contract has been signed. If you agreed to make the weight just shut up and make it. All of the finger pointing and trash talk should have been done during the negotiations.

truth
They are setting us for the rematch after Floyd whoops that head the will say if it wasnt for the catch weight we would have won
ft280t
Does anyone know how I can stream the fight in Australia
mgrover
because hes a hypocrite.
klonopinz
beacause he is a hypocrit. he is doing exactly wat pacman did to cotto. hes making a bigger man drop 2 pounds to make it even, but thats not ok if you have been the one in the past to bash catchweights. what happen to floyds own words "i wanna fight the best miguell cotto possible, at 154." so then you mean to telll me you dont wanna fight the best canelo possible? at the exact same weight? what happened to wanting to fight the guy at his best? i thouhgt pacquiao was the catchweight king. now floyd does it, and now he realizes why pacquiao has done it in the past. its because floyd, with this fight, has actually stepped up to someone difficult, where we all didnt know if he would win 100%, and its a t a bigger weight than hes use to. pacquiao did the same thing when he jumped up to welterweight, and thats why we saw catchweights. im glad hes geting the finger point at him, he deserves it. i know hes gonna smoke canelo easy but he deserves to get shit on for this
emd01
I'm a huge Floyd fan but really he set himself up for this one. It does make him seem hypocritical for talking so much shit about CWs then fighting at one. He shouldve just whooped the kids ass at 154...and he would have like he's going to Sat.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 9 2013, 01:23 AM) *
because hes a hypocrite.

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Sep 9 2013, 03:18 AM) *
beacause he is a hypocrit. he is doing exactly wat pacman did to cotto. hes making a bigger man drop 2 pounds to make it even, but thats not ok if you have been the one in the past to bash catchweights. what happen to floyds own words "i wanna fight the best miguell cotto possible, at 154." so then you mean to telll me you dont wanna fight the best canelo possible? at the exact same weight? what happened to wanting to fight the guy at his best? i thouhgt pacquiao was the catchweight king. now floyd does it, and now he realizes why pacquiao has done it in the past. its because floyd, with this fight, has actually stepped up to someone difficult, where we all didnt know if he would win 100%, and its a t a bigger weight than hes use to. pacquiao did the same thing when he jumped up to welterweight, and thats why we saw catchweights. im glad hes geting the finger point at him, he deserves it. i know hes gonna smoke canelo easy but he deserves to get shit on for this

Hypocritical would mean he asked for the catch weight and demanded Canelo fight at this weight. The difference with Pac and Floyd, Pac demanded his opponents at a catch weight. I don't recall Cotto saying, I would fight Pac at 144. I don't remember him saying that. What Canelo's team did was say that they would fight May at a catchweight in order to make the fight happen. In the words of the detective from Menace II Society "You know ya done fucked up right?" they fucked themselves up by stating this. Don't put a house that is worth 2.5 million dollars on the market for 500K just to get people interested and then get mad when the person is like "here is your 500K now give me my house" That was his teams fault not May's. Sorry. Big difference.
wolterb
^I agree with ya, Emd01. Trying to argue the sanctity of the catchweight by referencing a comment Alvarez made to a web site almost 3 years ago is pretty lame. I think it makes more sense for them to stick with what they said before, which sounds closer to the truth, that Ellerbes job is to cut Mayweather the best deal possible and if Alvarez's team allows the catchweight, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't get that in the contract

I personally don't think the weight will influence the fight though.
wolterb
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 9 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Hypocritical would mean he asked for the catch weight and demanded Canelo fight at this weight. The difference with Pac and Floyd, Pac demanded his opponents at a catch weight. I don't recall Cotto saying, I would fight Pac at 144. I don't remember him saying that. What Canelo's team did was say that they would fight May at a catchweight in order to make the fight happen. In the words of the detective from Menace II Society "You know ya done fucked up right?" they fucked themselves up by stating this. Don't put a house that is worth 2.5 million dollars on the market for 500K just to get people interested and then get mad when the person is like "here is your 500K now give me my house" That was his teams fault not May's. Sorry. Big difference.

Can't say for certain, but Pacquiao probably had little to do with any of his fights' weights. I think both fighters have good people that are getting them 'the edge' in their contracts. And I don't think we can fault Alvarez and not Floyd, but fault Pacquiao and not Cotto. Cotto said he'd fight Pacquiao at 144 when he signed the contract. I don't see what the big difference is.

I personally think all of the arguments about catchweights are played out. Don't sign the contract if you can't fight at the weight simple

Dolimite
QUOTE (wolterb @ Sep 9 2013, 08:21 AM) *
Can't say for certain, but Pacquiao probably had little to do with any of his fights' weights. I think both fighters have good people that are getting them 'the edge' in their contracts. And I don't think we can fault Alvarez and not Floyd, but fault Pacquiao and not Cotto. Cotto said he'd fight Pacquiao at 144 when he signed the contract. I don't see what the big difference is.

I personally think all of the arguments about catchweights are played out. Don't sign the contract if you can't fight at the weight simple

I am not blaming anyone, but there is a difference. If you sign the contract then you agree to the stipulations of that contract. I just get tired of people taking bits and pieces of shit and trying to make it a whole. Alvarez's team fucked him over, there is proof that they said that they would fight at 150. I don't remember any of Pac's opponents stating that would fight him at catch weight before negotiations, Saul's team did.

If Saul wanted the fight at 154 he should of never signed the damn contract but he did. Great fights have happened at catchweights so I why are we bitching about it now? Saul has said plenty that the 2 pounds ain't going to kill him and he feels that he is better at 152. So why the bitching?
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 9 2013, 03:54 PM) *

he states again and again and takes pride in the fact that he doesn't fight at catchweights. But oh weight (pun intended) he happily takes this fight at a catchweight. Mayweather clearly needed it to ensure in his mind atleast his victory. I mean if he can beat him at 154lb why not fight him there. Unless he thinks he can't beat him at 154lb.
sduck
Face it, Mayweather is a hypocrite for taking this fight at a catchweight.
emd01
I dont believe the weight will play any issue on the fight whatsoever. No bitching from me. Just pointing out that Floyd set himself up for this one. He gets blamed for anything that happens negative regarding his fights. Like when he 2 pieced Ortiz after Ortiz gave him a jumping headbutt and put his teeth through his lip...he was the dirty fighter not Ortiz. Like how he pioneered this RBT shit but Donaire gets credit for being the pioneer because "he tests all year long". Floyd is one of the most hated faces in sports today so he'll always get the shit end of the stick. He cant even get respect for being in a halfway brawl with Cotto and getting his shit busted up which people have wanted to happen for a while.
Cshel86
By a show of hands, who's still going to watch the fuckin' fight anyway???

Thought so...
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2013, 01:40 PM) *
By a show of hands, who's still going to watch the fuckin' fight anyway???

Thought so...

Keep Sawggin Cshel laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 9 2013, 04:23 AM) *
because hes a hypocrite.

this.

floyd made sure to say he let cotto fight at his natural weight and went in on pac for the catchweight thing. unfortunately, ignorance of the other teams management or not....a catchweight is a catchweight...u can't have it both ways. either u are against that shit or you're not.

floyd is notorious for giving ppl space to criticize what he says and does. this fight didn't need a catchweight imo. he gave his enemies ammunition by letting the catchweight happen. so now...in essence, they are fighting for canelo's title...which wether u consider it bullshit or not (i do, he didn't beat trout) he's still the champion at 154...and he's fighting floyd at 152 because that is what the contract said. floyd could have said fuck the catchweight....he didn't. it's stuff like this that will keep me from even considering him as the greatest. this is some ray leonard type shit.
daprofessor
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 9 2013, 12:36 PM) *
I dont believe the weight will play any issue on the fight whatsoever. No bitching from me. Just pointing out that Floyd set himself up for this one. He gets blamed for anything that happens negative regarding his fights. Like when he 2 pieced Ortiz after Ortiz gave him a jumping headbutt and put his teeth through his lip...he was the dirty fighter not Ortiz. Like how he pioneered this RBT shit but Donaire gets credit for being the pioneer because "he tests all year long". Floyd is one of the most hated faces in sports today so he'll always get the shit end of the stick. He cant even get respect for being in a halfway brawl with Cotto and getting his shit busted up which people have wanted to happen for a while.

donaire testing all year and having victor conte on his pay roll was more suspect than anything to me. then he fights rigondeaux and looks nothing like his 'normal' self physically. yeah...they're legit. pffft.
mrchitown
TBH, everybody's a hypocrite. Everyone has been or is a hypocrite about something.
DigitalBoom
I'm sorry but normally you can defend Floyd and Ellerbe on most things and chalk it up to hate. What folks are conveniently leaving out is that this kid has been asking for this fight for a while now...clearly trying to negotiate the fight was not working out..this was confirmed by Floyd and by Canelo themselves. Canelo wanted a guaranteed shot at Floyd if he won either of his last two fights...which ended up forcing him to stop appearing on Floyd's undercard..Ironically they mentioned the weight and the fight was made..hell Chepo stated "They wanted 150..we finally came to an agreement at 152" and so did Schaeffer as well. So yeah let's not act like this was all based on Canelo's people speaking..they said what they needed to in order to get their fighter the bout...they did try with no weight shhh beforehand and it didn't get made. So yes at the end of the day Mayweather and Ellerbe had no plans of fighting at 154 against this kid...also not for a second do I believe they would've made the fight at 154...Khan was an option, alexander was an option and those are considerably easier opponents to beat but not big for ratings. We all know full well if Floyd and company cant flex their muscle via leverage you ain't getting the fight. With all due respect let's not act like this is new and like it makes any difference at this point...comments from three years ago are absolutely ridiculously overuse in this case. The fight is in 5 days..not much either man can do to change the circumstances.
DigitalBoom
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 9 2013, 11:50 AM) *
I am not blaming anyone, but there is a difference. If you sign the contract then you agree to the stipulations of that contract. I just get tired of people taking bits and pieces of shit and trying to make it a whole. Alvarez's team fucked him over, there is proof that they said that they would fight at 150. I don't remember any of Pac's opponents stating that would fight him at catch weight before negotiations, Saul's team did.

If Saul wanted the fight at 154 he should of never signed the damn contract but he did. Great fights have happened at catchweights so I why are we bitching about it now? Saul has said plenty that the 2 pounds ain't going to kill him and he feels that he is better at 152. So why the bitching?

I'm pretty sure making 150 wasn't a problem three years ago bro..he wasn't coming in on fight night at 168-171 in those days..that's like negotiating a house purchase and showing up three years later expecting the same deal now that you've put the money together.
The Original MrFactor
Is that article from 2011?? Two years ago?? Even milk has an expiration date. A lot changed in the 2 years since the article was written. The Alvarez team mentioned a catch weight 2 years ago so its valid in this fight's negotiation. Mayweather gave Pacquiao's team a rash of shit for negotiating a catch weight Now they're doing the same thing. He could have been bold and said, I want the best Canelo Alvarez possible, like he did with Cotto. He didn't do that, so there may be some concern that this kid actually has a shot to win.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 9 2013, 09:54 AM) *

i'm sure the contracts canelo signed were drawn up by mayweathers ppl and not the other way around. yeah...there is that part about canelo's team saying they'd make the fight at 150...but that was over a year prior. things change....but floyd held him to it. it's true...no one put a gun to canelo's head. he signed that contract. but i'm sure any one can pull up that video where floyd says he doesn't do catchweights or something to that effect. it's kind of hard to defend him when he's constantly flip floppin on shit like this.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2013, 06:50 PM) *
i'm sure the contracts canelo signed were drawn up by mayweathers ppl and not the other way around. yeah...there is that part about canelo's team saying they'd make the fight at 150...but that was over a year prior. things change....but floyd held him to it. it's true...no one put a gun to canelo's head. he signed that contract. but i'm sure any one can pull up that video where floyd says he doesn't do catchweights or something to that effect. it's kind of hard to defend him when he's constantly flip floppin on shit like this.

I think GB are the ones who do that
klonopinz
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 9 2013, 11:50 AM) *

its because MAYWEATHER has alked so much shit about catchweights in the past, it dont matter what canelos team said he would do, do you realize a team would say anything to get a mayweather fight? martinez said hed make 150 and hes a middleweight. the shit he was spewing, he should never even fight at a catchweight period, i dont care whos team said what.
Dolimite
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Sep 9 2013, 04:47 PM) *
its because MAYWEATHER has alked so much shit about catchweights in the past, it dont matter what canelos team said he would do, do you realize a team would say anything to get a mayweather fight? martinez said hed make 150 and hes a middleweight. the shit he was spewing, he should never even fight at a catchweight period, i dont care whos team said what.

Then that is their problem
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 9 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Keep Sawggin Cshel laugh.gif

laugh.gif

We've all had gripes about fights, but we all ended up watching them anyway...in some shape form or fashion.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2013, 04:48 PM) *
donaire testing all year and having victor conte on his pay roll was more suspect than anything to me. then he fights rigondeaux and looks nothing like his 'normal' self physically. yeah...they're legit. pffft.

Preach! Donaire and Conte's "fallout" was swept under the rug rather nicely...seemed like neither parties wanted to speak on it.

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Sep 9 2013, 05:32 PM) *
I'm sorry but normally you can defend Floyd and Ellerbe on most things and chalk it up to hate. What folks are conveniently leaving out is that this kid has been asking for this fight for a while now...clearly trying to negotiate the fight was not working out..this was confirmed by Floyd and by Canelo themselves. Canelo wanted a guaranteed shot at Floyd if he won either of his last two fights...which ended up forcing him to stop appearing on Floyd's undercard..Ironically they mentioned the weight and the fight was made..hell Chepo stated "They wanted 150..we finally came to an agreement at 152" and so did Schaeffer as well. So yeah let's not act like this was all based on Canelo's people speaking..they said what they needed to in order to get their fighter the bout...they did try with no weight shhh beforehand and it didn't get made. So yes at the end of the day Mayweather and Ellerbe had no plans of fighting at 154 against this kid...also not for a second do I believe they would've made the fight at 154...Khan was an option, alexander was an option and those are considerably easier opponents to beat but not big for ratings. We all know full well if Floyd and company cant flex their muscle via leverage you ain't getting the fight. With all due respect let's not act like this is new and like it makes any difference at this point...comments from three years ago are absolutely ridiculously overuse in this case. The fight is in 5 days..not much either man can do to change the circumstances.

You have to realize that this is the big leagues of boxing...it doesn't get any bigger than this. Honestly, this fight would've been at whatever weight, regardless. Floyd is in a position to call the shots, and Canelo can either take it or leave it.

Floyd never gets the credit that he deserves, so even if he wins this one, people will have something to say. The thing about Canelo, is that he's in a win/win situation. If he loses, he'll get a nice payday, and an excuse as to why he couldn't perform at 152. Even if the fight was at 150, then Canelo would still walk away with a payday and an excuse.

People are forgetting that CANELO signed for this fight. Oscar didn't sign for him, nor did his manager, nor did his trainer...just Canelo. So he (Canelo) can piss & moan about whose responsible for the catchweight, but at the end of the day, the bitch still signed on the dotted line himself. Money makes you do things against your better judgement, especially the money that Canelo's going to make for this fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2013, 05:42 PM) *
laugh.gif

We've all had gripes about fights, but we all ended up watching them anyway...in some shape form or fashion.

Preach! Donaire and Conte's "fallout" was swept under the rug rather nicely...seemed like neither parties wanted to speak on it.

You have to realize that this is the big leagues of boxing...it doesn't get any bigger than this. Honestly, this fight would've been at whatever weight, regardless. Floyd is in a position to call the shots, and Canelo can either take it or leave it.

Floyd never gets the credit that he deserves, so even if he wins this one, people will have something to say. The thing about Canelo, is that he's in a win/win situation. If he loses, he'll get a nice payday, and an excuse as to why he couldn't perform at 152. Even if the fight was at 150, then Canelo would still walk away with a payday and an excuse.

People are forgetting that CANELO signed for this fight. Oscar didn't sign for him, nor did his manager, nor did his trainer...just Canelo. So he (Canelo) can piss & moan about whose responsible for the catchweight, but at the end of the day, the bitch still signed on the dotted line himself. Money makes you do things against your better judgement, especially the money that Canelo's going to make for this fight.

Let that man cook! Well said. You still have your nuts intact! Well said!
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 9 2013, 08:37 PM) *
I think GB are the ones who do that

this is gbp/mayweather/canelo promotions card. i seem to recall floyd saying no one can offer him anything that he's the one that pays his opponents....
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2013, 09:02 PM) *
this is gbp/mayweather/canelo promotions card. i seem to recall floyd saying no one can offer him anything that he's the one that pays his opponents....

That is true. But I think since GB is the lead here and always have been, I'd think their people drew up the contracts. I could be wrong
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2013, 08:42 PM) *
laugh.gif

The weight issue is starting to overshadow the fight, to some it's a built in excuse in case Canelo loses and to others it shows Mayweather is not an ATG and blah blah blah. Who gives a damn, Canelo is in a no lose situation because even in a loss he gets more fans, a huge payday and more marketability
NoCatchweights
I do hate Catchweights, I mean there are 17 divisions, pick one. My name was about fighters who have matches at 145, just to drain. Should have just done it at 154.
BrutUalBK
First of all, anyone excusing Canelo just because he made the statement 2 years ago is no excuse, that's what you get for opening your big fat mouth!!

Second, there are no statute of limitations on trash talking and being called out or called on it; Mosley talked trash to Floyd and got it later, I can go back into history and recall where Duran talked trash about fighting Hagler and look how long it took that fight to materialize.

There's always a double standard when it comes to Mayweather simply because people hate him, Floyd didn't call up or call out Canelo and say "I'll fight you if the fight is at 150 or 152" rather it was Canelo that said "I'll fight Floyd at 150" under the pressure from Oscar and now that Mayweather has given him 2 more pounds on top of that his Haters are still blaming him for what Alvarez asked for.

How biased is that?
wolterb
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 10 2013, 09:52 AM) *
First of all, anyone excusing Canelo just because he made the statement 2 years ago is no excuse, that's what you get for opening your big fat mouth!!

Second, there are no statute of limitations on trash talking and being called out or called on it; Mosley talked trash to Floyd and got it later, I can go back into history and recall where Duran talked trash about fighting Hagler and look how long it took that fight to materialize.

There's always a double standard when it comes to Mayweather simply because people hate him, Floyd didn't call up or call out Canelo and say "I'll fight you if the fight is at 150 or 152" rather it was Canelo that said "I'll fight Floyd at 150" under the pressure from Oscar and now that Mayweather has given him 2 more pounds on top of that his Haters are still blaming him for what Alvarez asked for.

How biased is that?

you are coming off as really biased and you don't even know it
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 10 2013, 08:52 AM) *

How biased is that?

simple question:

did floyd say "we fight them at their weight, none of that catchweight business...blah, blah, blah..." or something to that effect prior to fighting cotto?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2013, 02:49 PM) *
simple question:

did floyd say "we fight them at their weight, none of that catchweight business...blah, blah, blah..." or something to that effect prior to fighting cotto?

Sarcasm on...

It doesn't matter that he said that. He's always right and can say or do no wrong. He is boxing. His opponents are all evil. Anyone who disagrees with him is biased and just wants to see him lose. he didn't duck Margarito.

sarcasm off
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 9 2013, 10:48 PM) *
That is true. But I think since GB is the lead here and always have been, I'd think their people drew up the contracts. I could be wrong

i believe floyd is tied to gbp...but i also think he dictates to them. trust me....if gbp had it's way...there'd be no catchweight for this one.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 10 2013, 02:58 PM) *
Sarcasm on...

It doesn't matter that he said that. He's always right and can say or do no wrong. He is boxing. His opponents are all evil. Anyone who disagrees with him is biased and just wants to see him lose. he didn't duck Margarito.

sarcasm off

#hardwork #manipulation #tmt4life
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (wolterb @ Sep 10 2013, 09:34 AM) *
you are coming off as really biased and you don't even know it

I realize I'm biased but I can help it, Haters of Floyd just can't help themselves and take every opportunity to blame him for anything so that they can have a simpleminded reason to continue to hate.

simple question:

Yes he said it but he is not the one who asked for this fight at 150, he gave Canelo an extra 2lbs from the crap that Saul talked besides you claim to be this "trainer" then you should know that 2lbs isn't going to lessen or improve Canelo's skill level so it really doesn't matter and what's the big deal when Saul comes in the ring on fight night weighed 170? (rhetorical).

You starting to act like one of those Pactards from DHB, I guess you must have hit your head or something or someone put something in your water bottle because you been acting straight biatch lately.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 10 2013, 09:02 PM) *
I realize I'm biased but I can help it, Haters of Floyd just can't help themselves and take every opportunity to blame him for anything so that they can have a simpleminded reason to continue to hate.

Yes he said it but he is not the one who asked for this fight at 150, he gave Canelo an extra 2lbs from the crap that Saul talked besides you claim to be this "trainer" then you should know that 2lbs isn't going to lessen or improve Canelo's skill level so it really doesn't matter and what's the big deal when Saul comes in the ring on fight night weighed 170? (rhetorical).

You starting to act like one of those Pactards from DHB, I guess you must have hit your head or something or someone put something in your water bottle because you been acting straight biatch lately.

laugh.gif

slow your roll lil' homie. think back long and hard...because i was the one at dhb that revealed the whole thing about rehydration clauses and what not. i'm also one of the ones that pointed out the difficulties of making weight and how 1lb can take the life out of a fighter. all i'm saying is either he's fighting ppl at catchweights or he ain't. if he's going to criticize anyone for doing it....then turn around and do it...whether they asked for it or not...that makes him a hypocrite. floyd was in the drivers seat and could have waved the catch weight. he didn't. end of story. u starting to sound like a flomo.
emd01
We might as well let this one go fellas. The fight is Saturday...at 152.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2013, 04:37 PM) *
i believe floyd is tied to gbp...but i also think he dictates to them. trust me....if gbp had it's way...there'd be no catchweight for this one.

Tied in what sense?
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 9 2013, 07:24 AM) *
I'm a huge Floyd fan but really he set himself up for this one. It does make him seem hypocritical for talking so much shit about CWs then fighting at one. He shouldve just whooped the kids ass at 154...and he would have like he's going to Sat.

Yea I agree with this..but what ever what's done is done.Cant wait for this fight got bets with all the mexicans at my work:)
hitman
Canelo: Mayweather Wanted 147, Tried To Keep Us Quiet

gave canelo 2 pounds? laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (hitman @ Sep 10 2013, 11:46 PM) *

sarcasm on...

It doesnt matter 'cause Mayweather didnt ask for it first. 2 years ago Canelo was willing to fight at a catchweight. Absolutely nothing has changed since then. So that applies to negotiations now. Silly Pactards.

sarcasm off...

daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 10 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Tied in what sense?

contractually obligated. so long as floyd fights...gbp gets paid. i think it was part of the deal when floyd signed to fight oscar.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2013, 06:11 PM) *
contractually obligated. so long as floyd fights...gbp gets paid. i think it was part of the deal when floyd signed to fight oscar.

I ain't never heard that so I might have to research that because from what I've heard he subcontracts GB out because though Mayweather Promotions is an official business, they don't have a promoters license. I'll go with the latter until I read up on that claim but I don't think he is tied to them in any way shape or form
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 11 2013, 06:21 PM) *
I ain't never heard that so I might have to research that because from what I've heard he subcontracts GB out because though Mayweather Promotions is an official business, they don't have a promoters license. I'll go with the latter until I read up on that claim but I don't think he is tied to them in any way shape or form

if he's not tied to them...what's stopping him from promoting his own shows without gbp? it's not that hard to get a promoters license.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.