Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most naturally physically gifted boxer?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
who would take this? Physically who had the most nature talent, no boxing IQ here, just brawn. I mean look at Mayweather, he has freakishly long arms for his size, I wouldn't be surprised if his father didn't try some voodoo bullshit and quite literally stretch his arms as a baby. Then you have Tyson, who just had the body of a monster, he was quite literally built physically for boxing, although his hooks seem wide to me because of his physique, but hey he made it work so who am I to judge.
DiamantHB
Usually with the advantages come the disadvantages.

Tyson had freaky power and explosiveness, but he was short and had poor reach.

Floyd does have freaky long arm and he is very athletic. But unfortunately for him, his hands are brittle which means he can't use what probably is a lot more power than what we are accustomed to seeing.
The Original MrFactor
Leonard at 147. Boxer/puncher. Speed accuracy. Good defense. The total package.
mgrover
RJ Jr was pretty gifted, physically he had it all.
Hotsauce
I say tyson.

Dude had the GOAT body(no homo)
mitukczuk
Am I crazy when I say Marvelous Marvin Hagler amongst SRL, Money May and RJJr? That guy had speed, power, head made out of a granite, ideal body type for MW division...

truth
im going old old school jack johnson had reach power height and was fighting guys when he couldnt see
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 11 2013, 06:10 AM) *

Roy was super human in his prime. His reflexes speed and the power on his shots at that velocity were simply inhuman, and he could actually take a shot back in the day.

And SRR and young Mosley (Mosley was a god Damn animal back in the day). I've seen video of him sparring when he was a teen against full blown pros, this guy could just flat out fight. Fast power and a helluva chin.
truth
Mosley was a god Damn animal back in the day

mosley was a beast when he was young raw talent speed power he possesed it all
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 11 2013, 07:10 AM) *

THIS. EASILY.
Dolimite
Yawl already picked who I was going to say. Evander had a nice build...Roy Jones Jr....Tyson....Haglar....SRR...I would even put Pac on this list. Physically for his size he is impressive....Joe Louis. Perfect body.
Hotsauce
Roy jones was neo from the matrix.

that shit ain't fair.
mgrover
QUOTE (truth @ Sep 11 2013, 04:30 PM) *
Mosley was a god Damn animal back in the day

mosley was a beast when he was young raw talent speed power he possesed it all

While he did, how do we know that wasn't because of PEDs
Kratza
RJJ, BHop, JMM, Sweat Pea, Floyd, Willie Pep both Sugar Rays
checkleft
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 11 2013, 11:23 AM) *
Roy jones was neo from the matrix.

that shit ain't fair.

Lmao
QUOTE (Kratza @ Sep 11 2013, 12:11 PM) *
RJJ, BHop, JMM, Sweat Pea, Floyd, Willie Pep both Sugar Rays

I was gonna say sweet pea also, along with naseem. Those guys had crazy reflexes

Someone mentions pep! That's my dude
DiamantHB
RJJ and Mosley were caught taking PEDs though, so we can never know for sure how much of them was really them.
iHateHaters
QUOTE (DiamantHB @ Sep 11 2013, 11:50 AM) *
RJJ and Mosley were caught taking PEDs though, so we can never know for sure how much of them was really them.

actually we can because rj was still a beast after the scandal and it was never confirmed that he took the drugs in the first place.
Marcus
Andre Dirrell is pretty physically gifted as far as this era goes. To bad his career is fucked up.
checkleft
QUOTE (Marcus @ Sep 11 2013, 05:33 PM) *
Andre Dirrell is pretty physically gifted as far as this era goes. To bad his career is fucked up.

Smh what happened to that guy? His brother got back on track faster than him and he almost died
daprofessor
physically gifted....as in totally in tune with his body and its' capabilities.... pernell 'sweet pea' whitaker. no one comes close.
jvo1800
this is tooo easy......RJJr. A lot of people say it'll never be another this or it'll never be another that, but its really only gonna be one Roy Jones Jr. He had the most natural ability there ever was in boxing, no disrespect but there can be another Tyson, Floyd Jr, Leonard, Sweet Pea, etc. etc. U can have excellent talent along with a great trainer and become Sugar Ray or Floyd Jr, but the shit Roy did in his prime u cant go into any gym and teach that. Speed, power, defense, reflexes speaks 4 itself.
mrchitown
I'd have to say RJJ, in his prime, the things he did were other world like
Dolimite
Tim Bradley is a physical beast, too bad his hands are made of soft shit.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 11 2013, 09:44 PM) *
Tim Bradley is a physical beast, too bad his hands are made of soft shit.

Word you think dude would be a mini tyson
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2013, 06:41 PM) *
physically gifted....as in totally in tune with his body and its' capabilities.... pernell 'sweet pea' whitaker. no one comes close.

Cant argue with that
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 11 2013, 10:57 PM) *
Word you think dude would be a mini tyson

I wonder why? I have a similar diet as his in camp diet and physique and my punches are pretty solid (not saying I'm duran or anything but they carry some steam).
Kratza
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 11 2013, 07:41 PM) *
Lmao

I was gonna say sweet pea also, along with naseem. Those guys had crazy reflexes

Someone mentions pep! That's my dude

True, forgot to add Prince Nas he was very talented
checkleft
QUOTE (Kratza @ Sep 12 2013, 08:17 AM) *
True, forgot to add Prince Nas he was very talented

Is it safe to say rigo can be thrown in this convo
pacco_diablo
What about Kelly Pavlik???
pacco_diablo
Kidding...

RJJ was THE man. No doubt.

As far as freakish talent, I'd also have to go with Paul Williams. The work rate for his size was through the rough. He threw punches from ALL angles.
wolterb
both Klitschkos should probably get a nod just based on their size
Dolimite
Chris Arreola has my vote. Those man tits are from nature.

Rigondeaux can def be on that list. The Charlo twins as well. Peter Quillen can be as well.
Franchize
I'd have to say Roy Jones and Tommy Hearns. Hearns, to be that tall, lean, swift and yet still have all that punching power....incredible.
Kratza
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2013, 02:10 PM) *
Is it safe to say rigo can be thrown in this convo

He's talented but I'm not sure he should be mentioned in terms of his pro career just yet
mgrover
QUOTE (Kratza @ Sep 12 2013, 07:43 PM) *
He's talented but I'm not sure he should be mentioned in terms of his pro career just yet

doesn't matter about talent, it's his physical nature and right now he probably has the fastest set of hands in boxing.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 13 2013, 05:36 AM) *
doesn't matter about talent, it's his physical nature and right now he probably has the fastest set of hands in boxing.

And not to sound too tyson but his defense looked impeccable in the donaire fight.
Dolimite
Sergio Martinez should be on this list!
Kratza
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 13 2013, 10:36 AM) *

Are you sure? I believe Gary Russell has the faster hands
jtiizzle
Gerald McClellan never seen a beast like that
Franchize
QUOTE (Kratza @ Sep 13 2013, 11:32 AM) *
Are you sure? I believe Gary Russell has the faster hands

Gary is lightning fast with his hands!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.