Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A year that couldnt get any better... Just did
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
So looks like they are trying to slate the mares rematch for the undercard of the broner vs maidana card! These two fights alone are a solid card, we are getting spoiled this year!

And as if a broner fight needed more anticipation, Adrien and Maidana got into a physical altercation at the fox sports 1 card last night. Seems both had been going back and forth on Twitter and broner apparently called Marcos a gay slur. Marcos said he would approach broner to see if broner would say it to his face. When Marcos approached broner who was with schaeffer at the time broner put his hand on Marcos shoulder, Marcos smacked it away and the two got into a scuffle. This shit is already building steam!

Great card to close out the year!

I cannot complain this year, weve had an awesome schedule!
Hotsauce
we been eating good this year

belee dat
xxxxxx
Brilliant year in the sport of Boxing! Next year could even be better.
Dolimite
According to ESPN boxing is dead... remember? Fucking idiots.

I am not sure if I would Mares back in the ring so fast. But shit who am I?
mrchitown
This is such great news. I can't wait for these two fights, GB is really pushing the envelope
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 13 2013, 10:50 AM) *
According to ESPN boxing is dead... remember? Fucking idiots.

I am not sure if I would Mares back in the ring so fast. But shit who am I?

ESPN "don't know shit about boxing".

Absolutely anybody who thinks boxing is dead is a cunt. If things keep up like this we might be headed back to the golden days!
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 13 2013, 12:28 PM) *
ESPN "don't know shit about boxing".

Absolutely anybody who thinks boxing is dead is a cunt. If things keep up like this we might be headed back to the golden days!

Rafael tried to tell the ESPN guys it wasn't dead but they don't care.
daprofessor
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 13 2013, 05:27 PM) *

who likes to be told they don't know what the fuck they're talking about?
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2013, 02:47 PM) *

All those guys are headline fans. They have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. Other than Manny Pacquiao and Mayweather they have no idea what the hell is going on in the sport.
checkleft
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 13 2013, 06:27 PM) *

Like that guy has room to talk..
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2013, 06:47 PM) *

exactly
Franchize
In the words of John "Pops" Witherspoon..... "YEAH BOY!!!"

KOpower
Good 2 fights if they both happen but a 3rd decent fight would really make this worthy of a $50/$60 PPV price. I would love to see Keith Thurman in there again vs a live opponent. It doesn't need to be a big name guy, but Thurman is an exciting fighter and I would love to see him in there against a guy that is going to test him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 14 2013, 11:00 AM) *
In the words of John "Pops" Witherspoon..... "YEAH BOY!!!"

laugh.gif

"You gotta cooooordinate"!

QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 14 2013, 01:30 PM) *
Good 2 fights if they both happen but a 3rd decent fight would really make this worthy of a $50/$60 PPV price. I would love to see Keith Thurman in there again vs a live opponent. It doesn't need to be a big name guy, but Thurman is an exciting fighter and I would love to see him in there against a guy that is going to test him.

Couldn't agree more, I wouldn't mind seeing Thurman on this card as well. Thing is, he wouldn't get the exposure that he truly deserves. I'm hoping that Danny and Lucas get the attention that they deserve on this card. You know how casual fans do at "fight parties"...they'll bullshit all night, until that one person tells everybody, "Shhh...okay, okay, okay, the last fight is on".

laugh.gif
KOpower
It would be a nice "stay busy" fight for Thurman though. I just want a 3rd fight to really look forward to if I am going to spend $60 for a PPV event that doesn't have a real star in it. Broner-Maidana is a good fight, but it isn't really "PPV worthy", Showtime just has to move it to PPV because they don't have the money left. If you want to throw it on a PPV card, really load up the rest of the card. Mares-Gonzales is a solid #2, but a good #3 really should be added.
checkleft
QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 14 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Thurman proved himself to me, his last fight the other dude was there to win! And Thurman stayed poised and focused and finished him late.

And not to mention ward just said he signed his end of the contract to fight Edwin rodriguez! That is gonna be interesting if Edwin agrees to the money. Ward really has nowhere else to go and rodriguez now being under haymon has at least two other fights he can get.
KOpower
It looks like I could get my wish. It sounds like Keith Thurman vs Soto Karass could be on this card as well.

-Broner vs Maidana
-Gonzalez vs Mares
-Thurman vs Soto Karass

I must say, that looks worthy of a $50 PPV card. Those are 3 fights that I am extremely interested in, even if you don't have one MEGA fight that is usually considered PPV worthy.
checkleft
QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 20 2013, 03:50 PM) *
It looks like I could get my wish. It sounds like Keith Thurman vs Soto Karass could be on this card as well.

-Broner vs Maidana
-Gonzalez vs Mares
-Thurman vs Soto Karass

I must say, that looks worthy of a $50 PPV card. Those are 3 fights that I am extremely interested in, even if you don't have one MEGA fight that is usually considered PPV worthy.

This is gonna be full of scraps! Good card coming together!

And ward just finalized his return against the dangerous prospect Edwin rodriguez! Not to mention the triple header thats coming up on Hbo with haye vs fury, vera vs chavez, and Stevenson vs cloud!!!

This has been a helluva year man!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2013, 06:47 PM) *

...especially by a guy, in all likelihood, who probably had mustard on his shirt....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.