Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Must Read Article! Explains the rise of Canelo hype
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dre98
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 15 2013, 08:09 AM) *

Dats some deep stuff. Well at least we have some writers that arent biased. We need more people like that in the media or at least on tv on a regular basis especially for the sport of boxing.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 15 2013, 07:09 AM) *

That was rather harsh but he did give some food for thought
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 15 2013, 04:45 PM) *
That was rather harsh but he did give some food for thought

It was rather TRUE too.
Col Reb
Brutal attack piece. Typical Grantland, getting readership with sensationalism.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Sep 15 2013, 05:47 PM) *
Brutal attack piece. Typical Grantland, getting readership with sensationalism.

And truth too!!
Dolimite
This article explains a lot about the rise of Canelo. He is a fucking Teen Beat Heart Throb. He knows how his bread is buttered. I am just curious how he rebounds. Plus in the article other Mexican boxers see him as a fraud. So what does that tell you?
KOpower
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 15 2013, 08:09 PM) *
This article explains a lot about the rise of Canelo. He is a fucking Teen Beat Heart Throb. He knows how his bread is buttered. I am just curious how he rebounds. Plus in the article other Mexican boxers see him as a fraud. So what does that tell you?

He isn't a fraud though. He beat a really good fighter in Trout and he has a great combination of power and speed. He is also improving as a defensive fighter. I can't think of any 154 pounder that I would pick over him. He also sold out that arena in Texas and brought a TON of fans to Vegas.
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 15 2013, 05:57 PM) *
He isn't a fraud though. He beat a really good fighter in Trout and he has a great combination of power and speed. He is also improving as a defensive fighter. I can't think of any 154 pounder that I would pick over him. He also sold out that arena in Texas and brought a TON of fans to Vegas.

Clearly you didn't read the article. He lost to Trout and many saw how his power was so dominate in the May fight! Mayweather did not have a red mark on him. The kid is fucking Teeny Bopper. Whenever he faces anyone with game he is going to be up shit creek. Lara would tax him and too be honest I think Kirkland would tax him as well. But we will see where Canelo goes from here.
mitukczuk
One article, though well written doesn't mean Canelo is a fraud or anything like that. He actually is a solid fighter, not an A level fighter, but with enough time he'll get higher. He paid the price for being young...after the 4th you could clearly see how his ego can't handle the lack of success in the ring. He was getting frustrated like a little kid, which he still is. Floyd is a smart mofo, he takes advantage of these young fighters and exposes them with ease...and makes an awful lot of money.

The article has some valid points, but Saul is not a joke...they rushed him too damn quick and that was his downfall on saturday. Moreover, a 23 year old boy fought a future HOF, one of the GOATS and a MASTER boxer having only beaten one serious opponent.
HyyerBlaze
How can he just be hype when he hung with and knocked trout down.
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Sep 16 2013, 11:50 AM) *
How can he just be hype when he hung with and knocked trout down.

Maybe because after he knocked Trout down, Trout got back up and dominated the rest of the round, or it could be because many felt he lost that fight and got favorable judging because he was fighting in a state known to favor certain fighters like Juan Diaz, JCC jr, and Canelo himself...those could be the reasons lol

But I don't think Alvarez is all hype but he was a tad over rated going into the fight. He's a solid young fighter and I think he's going to get better and make for great fights in the future. And I say that because while he's improving steadily, he has a lot of deficiency's like his stamina and lack of Defense. He is good but not as good as GB and so.e made him out to be prior to Saturday night and it showed. But he will get better but I still see him losing a few throughout his career
Amandla
I read this on Sunday there and I was thinkking..man imagine the poor kid reads this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.