Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd's a great boxer
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Shoromeo
But his style is just not for me. Rigo gets banned by hbo for fighting donaire the same style floyd did with Canelo . I don't hear people saying how great he is or how much they enjoyed his fight. After watching floyd vs Canelo and going to work today it seems I'm not the only one who thinks Floyd's style is boring. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I pay 75 dollars to watch a fight than I want to see a FIGHT , not someone that won't even go for the knockout even when he has the other guy hurt cause he's happy to win on points. If I want to see that I can go watch the a kids fighting with head gear on. I'm not saying floyd sucks or anything like that , I'm just saying its not for me and I'm done with paying to see this type of fight . I can watch rios vs alvarado all day bit Floyd's style puts me to sleep .
mitukczuk
1. Are you really comparing Rigo vs Donaire to Floyd vs Canelo? REALLY?

3. No offense but you sound like a casual fan - nothing wrong with that, but your post says a lot about that.

4. I would gladly pay 75 dollars to watch one of the best EVER perform!

Oh well.....to each their own...
mrchitown
We need rules for people who just join and start threads. They should be only allowed to start a thread after so many posts....SMFH....Amateurs
mrchitown
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 17 2013, 12:34 AM) *
1. Are you really comparing Rigo vs Donaire to Floyd vs Canelo? REALLY?

3. No offense but you sound like a casual fan - nothing wrong with that, but your post says a lot about that.

4. I would gladly pay 75 dollars to watch one of the best EVER perform!

Oh well.....to each their own...

That's an understatement
bnoles4life
The business has been given.
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 17 2013, 01:15 AM) *
The business has been given.

Lmao

Anybody who thinks Floyd or rigo are boring needs to read a fucking book and learn a lick about boxing before opening their trap..

Someone on this board said something along the lines of "if chess is to complicated give them checkers"... Maybe that's what needs to be done here

BTW isn't that a denzel quote from training day?
mgrover
While sure I think it's better for a fighter to go for the KO rather than points, sometimes you just don't have the power to KO the guy, I mean Floyd was hitting Canelo at will and it was like nothing for Canelo, I mean sure it might hurt physically, but if hardly stunned him. Like Ashley Theopane was clearly going for the win, the KO if he could get it, but he got knowhere near its so realistically how much damage did he take he didn't need to take.
mitukczuk
let me just point out that your sig is a pure win !
jtiizzle
Jeez everytime someone says something about Floyd all the captin save a ho's come to the rescue smh.. Dude if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it and its forum he should have the right to post. Floyd is the best defensive and most accurate puncher in history, it's frustrating that he won't let his hands go on certain guys, I understand..
mgrover
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 17 2013, 12:19 PM) *
let me just point out that your sig is a pure win !

what oscar? haha
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 17 2013, 09:43 AM) *
what oscar? haha

Is it really Oscar? biggrin.gif I have never seen anything confirmed biggrin.gif
Amandla
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 17 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Is it really Oscar? biggrin.gif I have never seen anything confirmed biggrin.gif

Oh YEAH! That story was confirmed when Oscar went into rehab a while back he admitted they were real!

Back on track tho, tahts Floyd...he doesn't come out like Tyson.

He's a defensive style fighter and he has the style mastered.

Why throw away a winning formula?
Franchize
Boxing is judged on clean, affective punching...defense...and Ring Generalship. If you find 2 of the 3 things "boring" then I think it's safe to say you aren't a fan of Boxing. That's like saying I love Pizza but I hate cheese and sauce. Go watch Bum Fights or something.

I just finished having this conversation with my boy schooling some young chumps about Boxing vs the Brawling bullshit. I come on Fighthype because the regulars really know their shit. Some of the guys are really part of a rare, dying breed. I click on this thread thinking a riveting, fruitful conversation will ensue.....lo and behold. boredom.gif

The problem with Rios/Alvarado is...there will be 5 Rios/Alvarado fights before years end. I like a good Gatti vs Ward every once in a while too, but in doses. Where's the skill in getting hit a bunch of times and saying "I'm a bad ass"? When I want to see a wild scrap, I go on Youtube and watch chicks fight. I can get to see a bunch of haymakers AND occassionally see a few titties pop out. And you know what? IT'S FREE. Just like Rios/Alvarado should be...because they aren't that skilled. They are JAGS. Just Another Guy. You don't go undefeated fighting that way. You don't become great fighting that way. You get the shakes, slur your words and piss into a big through your belly button fighting that way.

Ironically, the best fighters in the sport (Mayweather, Rigo, Ward) are all defensively sound boxers. While the super exciting fan favorites all appear to be coming off a loss!
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2013, 11:04 PM) *
We need rules for people who just join and start threads. They should be only allowed to start a thread after so many posts....SMFH....Amateurs

^^^^^ LMAO
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2013, 11:05 PM) *
That's an understatement

Extremely!!!!

Why do I have to get the gif with Oscar being bent over. Come on!
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 17 2013, 10:49 AM) *
^^^^^ LMAO

Extremely!!!!

Why do I have to get the gif with Oscar being bent over. Come on!

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was thinking the same shit. I was like damn homie....you sure did pick the midget straw with that one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Shoromeo @ Sep 17 2013, 12:24 AM) *
But his style is just not for me. Rigo gets banned by hbo for fighting donaire the same style floyd did with Canelo . I don't hear people saying how great he is or how much they enjoyed his fight. After watching floyd vs Canelo and going to work today it seems I'm not the only one who thinks Floyd's style is boring. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I pay 75 dollars to watch a fight than I want to see a FIGHT , not someone that won't even go for the knockout even when he has the other guy hurt cause he's happy to win on points. If I want to see that I can go watch the a kids fighting with head gear on. I'm not saying floyd sucks or anything like that , I'm just saying its not for me and I'm done with paying to see this type of fight . I can watch rios vs alvarado all day bit Floyd's style puts me to sleep .

So...you spent $75 on a fight, and now you're behind on your bills for next month...now we have to hear this???

laugh.gif
truth
Boxing is a art form of hitting and not getting hit Floyd is one of the best if not the best at this. This is a sport where if you get hit to much in the head it could kill or ruin you permanently look at Bradley who speaks now with a slur trying to brawl in my opinion mayweather fought a great fight he stayed in the pocket and was backing canelo up who out weighed him by 15 pounds it truly shows that Mayweather will never get the respect he truly deserves
mrchitown
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Sep 17 2013, 08:00 AM) *
Jeez everytime someone says something about Floyd all the captin save a ho's come to the rescue smh.. Dude if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it and its forum he should have the right to post. Floyd is the best defensive and most accurate puncher in history, it's frustrating that he won't let his hands go on certain guys, I understand..

And you guilty of the same thing lol..you out here capin for posters.. so don't act like you just didn't simp your self mr high and mighty

Listening to his statment s he's paid money to watch the man perform before but complains yet still does it. And I'll tell you the same thing I'll tell him that if you think Floyd and Rigondeaux is boring, then watch fighters like Rios and Santa Cruz. Everyone has a right to their opinion but when you put that opinion out there to the public then there's a right to a rebuttal also...both of yall can go watch world star videos. There's a certain level of artistry in fighters like Mayweather and Rigondeauz and a Bernard Hopkins and an Andre Ward. All people see is knockouts but when those same fighters face a pure boxer the sugar turn s to shit. All you GGG stans better get ready because he's next

We need new rules on this board, I'm not even joking, no new...well yall know the rest lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 17 2013, 10:09 AM) *
So...you spent $75 on a fight, and now you're behind on your bills for next month...no we have to hear this???

laugh.gif

We need new rules around here, they lucky I'm not a mod or shit would be way different in this bitch laugh.gif
truth
I am fairly new to fight however ive been exposed to boxing all my life there are times when i agree with the vets there are times i dont but whatever my opinion is its mine just like others have there own that being said instead of trying to belittle newbies instead try and explain whats right thats what makes you a true vet. this a forum where anyone can post not a dick contest that being said newbies keep posting and vets keep educating
Jovi
When people say something about floyd mayweather/Rigo being boring than I immediately know that they do not know shit about boxing nor have they probably ever laced up the gloves themselves. Because if you did you would understand why Mayweather and them are the nicest. Somebody give this fuu some Martial arts movies if he wants entertainment and people getting knocked out all day.

Franchize said it best, i come on fighthype because its actually nice to talk to people who know there shit about the squared circle and have very valid and sound opinions. I can talk boxing all day with people and listen to the different views and experiences but its totally different when i talk to someone who only knows about Mayweather or Pacquiao. The engagement of the conversation is very limited and ill just end up sounding like a Mayweather fan if i try to tell why he's so nice.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Shoromeo @ Sep 16 2013, 11:24 PM) *

this is one mans' opinion. he's entitled to it. there's no law against it. nothing wrong with not viewing things the way most here do. what i will say is that it's called boxing...not fighting. your lack of appreciation for boxing is not a crime. your lack of understanding as a consumer and as a fan of the sport of boxing cost you $75. you probably thought canelo was going to beat floyd. that's nothing to be ashamed of because millions felt the same way. people who know boxing knew better. i feel the opposite of you....if i want to see guys beating the crap out of each other with no defense or very little skill....i'll watch a typical street fight. i can watch guys like floyd and rigondeaux box all day. what they do is not easy. i would invite you to try and do the same and see where it gets you. hbo banned rigo because they don't know shit about boxing. fuck them. rigondeaux's victory over donaire was much better than floyd's victory over canelo. donaire is a much higher caliber fighter than canelo will ever be.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2013, 02:05 AM) *
Lmao

Anybody who thinks Floyd or rigo are boring needs to read a fucking book and learn a lick about boxing before opening their trap..

Someone on this board said something along the lines of "if chess is to complicated give them checkers"... Maybe that's what needs to be done here

BTW isn't that a denzel quote from training day?

that was me. i said it before denzel. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 17 2013, 09:07 AM) *

it hasn't been confirmed. cshel put it all on me. let's decide today. those sporting the dlh pic will get credit for the time you sported it. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 17 2013, 09:33 AM) *
Boxing is judged on clean, affective punching...defense...and Ring Generalship. If you find 2 of the 3 things "boring" then I think it's safe to say you aren't a fan of Boxing. That's like saying I love Pizza but I hate cheese and sauce. Go watch Bum Fights or something.

I just finished having this conversation with my boy schooling some young chumps about Boxing vs the Brawling bullshit. I come on Fighthype because the regulars really know their shit. Some of the guys are really part of a rare, dying breed. I click on this thread thinking a riveting, fruitful conversation will ensue.....lo and behold. boredom.gif

The problem with Rios/Alvarado is...there will be 5 Rios/Alvarado fights before years end. I like a good Gatti vs Ward every once in a while too, but in doses. Where's the skill in getting hit a bunch of times and saying "I'm a bad ass"? When I want to see a wild scrap, I go on Youtube and watch chicks fight. I can get to see a bunch of haymakers AND occassionally see a few titties pop out. And you know what? IT'S FREE. Just like Rios/Alvarado should be...because they aren't that skilled. They are JAGS. Just Another Guy. You don't go undefeated fighting that way. You don't become great fighting that way. You get the shakes, slur your words and piss into a big through your belly button fighting that way.

Ironically, the best fighters in the sport (Mayweather, Rigo, Ward) are all defensively sound boxers. While the super exciting fan favorites all appear to be coming off a loss!

laugh.gif
Plah
I agree 100% with Chi and professor. You should have at least 50 posts before starting a Thread.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2013, 01:03 PM) *
that was me. i said it before denzel. laugh.gif

Oh helllllll no, I know your not taking credit from my boy denzel Hahaha
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2013, 02:05 PM) *

seriously...i've been playing chess since i was 7yrs old...been learning about boxing since i was 5. i got that from my uncle who used the chess/checkers analogy for boxing way back then.
emd01
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Sep 17 2013, 06:00 AM) *
Jeez everytime someone says something about Floyd all the captin save a ho's come to the rescue smh.. Dude if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it and its forum he should have the right to post. Floyd is the best defensive and most accurate puncher in history, it's frustrating When I pay $75 to see him get KOed and it doesnt happen, I understand..

Fixed

I was wrong...80%, not 70%, of boxing fans have gone full retard.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2013, 02:05 PM) *

No this man did not put himself on par with Denzel....stop Professor, please stop laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Plah @ Sep 17 2013, 01:14 PM) *
I agree 100% with Chi and professor. You should have at least 50 posts before starting a Thread.

Yeah man, this is a crime being committed, at the other place I post you got to have like 300 posts before you even make a thread. You got to prove yourself
Dolimite
QUOTE (truth @ Sep 17 2013, 08:23 AM) *
Boxing is a art form of hitting and not getting hit Floyd is one of the best if not the best at this. This is a sport where if you get hit to much in the head it could kill or ruin you permanently look at Bradley who speaks now with a slur trying to brawl in my opinion mayweather fought a great fight he stayed in the pocket and was backing canelo up who out weighed him by 15 pounds it truly shows that Mayweather will never get the respect he truly deserves

I am sure Hearns would rethink his career if he could. Have you heard him speak? Have you heard Shane Mosley speak? Rios is even starting to slur his words. Shit is not cool to be brain dead. Roy Jones, my first boxer who I followed like a stalker is sounding bad. Its hit and not get hit. This is why I hate Rocky movies. Slugging it out does
not make one a good boxer. Gatti (RIP) looked and sounded drunk (I know Professor blames that on Buddy McGrit) and Mickey Ward sounds bad as well. Mayweather is a master in the ring and the fact he doesn't take punishment should be commended and not bashed. Rigondeaux is getting the ultimate fuck you job.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 08:41 AM) *
And you guilty of the same thing lol..you out here capin for posters.. so don't act like you just didn't simp your self mr high and mighty

Listening to his statment s he's paid money to watch the man perform before but complains yet still does it. And I'll tell you the same thing I'll tell him that if you think Floyd and Rigondeaux is boring, then watch fighters like Rios and Santa Cruz. Everyone has a right to their opinion but when you put that opinion out there to the public then there's a right to a rebuttal also...both of yall can go watch world star videos. There's a certain level of artistry in fighters like Mayweather and Rigondeauz and a Bernard Hopkins and an Andre Ward. All people see is knockouts but when those same fighters face a pure boxer the sugar turn s to shit. All you GGG stans better get ready because he's next

We need new rules on this board, I'm not even joking, no new...well yall know the rest lol

Skip Bayless does not think Mayweather isn't a great because he does not have hands of stone and he doesn't knock anyone out. So in his eyes as well as the poster who started this thread, the only real boxers are the ones who stand toe to toe and who have a high knock out rate. Ironically, those are the ones with the shortest career.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 17 2013, 08:43 AM) *
what oscar? haha

No, Oscar de la Homo!!

Hey it is ok or that dude to post that he doesn't like Floyd's style because some people actually like Checkers and not Chess, I had the same debate with a friend of mine on Facebook the other day and I told him that he shouldn't bother watching boxing or he should just stick to the UFC.

Some people can only appreciate Brawlers or brawls and some of us can appreciate both Brawlers and highly skilled, Technical Master Boxer types like Floyd and BHop and that's fine.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 07:13 PM) *
No this man did not put himself on par with Denzel....stop Professor, please stop laugh.gif

man...he didn't copyright that saying!!! that shit predates you. u youngans got a lot to learn. smh. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2013, 08:13 PM) *
man...he didn't copyright that saying!!! that shit predates you. u youngans got a lot to learn. smh. laugh.gif

It may predate me but Denzel is levels above you, you better cut that man a check for stealing lol
checkleft
laugh.gif

You tell em chi! That's academic award type shit from denzel professor your feeling yourself to much this month! Haha
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 18 2013, 12:23 AM) *
laugh.gif

You tell em chi! That's academic award type shit from denzel professor your feeling yourself to much this month! Haha

Yeah he is, some kind of poltergeist must have got him lately...he in the light with Carol Ann laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 10:27 PM) *
It may predate me but Denzel is levels above you, you better cut that man a check for stealing lol

fuck denzel! he don't know shit about boxing! laugh.gif just because he made a movie. smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 18 2013, 12:23 AM) *
laugh.gif

i'm feeling myself every month! laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 05:21 PM) *
fuck denzel! he don't know shit about boxing! laugh.gif just because he made a movie. smh.

Man you done went crazy lately lmao
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 06:21 PM) *

Put the blunt down bro...

drag.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2013, 07:08 PM) *
Put the blunt down bro...

drag.gif

i know the dude that trained denzel for the hurricane. i also know the dude that trained sylvester stallone for rocky. just because as actors they trained for a boxing movie don't make them experts. u saw both of those movies right? did either of them look like they knew how to box? i'll admit...denzel was a little more convincing but that's about it.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Shoromeo @ Sep 16 2013, 11:24 PM) *

That's because you weren't here after The Great Rigo thoroughly outclassed and toyed with Donaire!! If you had been then you would've read all the praises that was lavished upon Rigo, many people on this forum have him as #2 or #3 on their P4P list throughout this forum and others based on his abilities.

I supported you on the Floyd thing because it is your prerogative but don't clown us as though we didn't give Rigo his just do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.