Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd-No Overwhelming African American Support
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BrutUalBK
Per your requests I was asked like Queen Latifah to Set It Off so here goes:

I just don't understand us (black people, African American or whatever we're calling ourselves these days) because whenever any Mexican fights he has his entire country behind him but let a brother, brutha, brotha fight then he has his own people bashing, hating and flaming on him, we used to stick together during the 60's now we're the house divided against itself.

Now I'm not saying we all have to love our fighters simply because they're black but man, the entire Philippines gets behind Pac, Mexico gets behind all their fighters, China gets behind Shimming but we got the most dominant fighter in recent years in the sport and he happens to be black but yet we have all kinds of bruthas hating on him.

There is no solidarity amongs black people nowadays and it is truly sad, why can't we all get behind our boy who is by the way an Olympic Bronze Medalist to boot (which he should've gotten he Gold but was robbed)!!

Come Black people, stand up!!
emd01
I'm not blindly getting behind some fighter because he's black laugh.gif . They did that shit in the 60s and before because it was the only time a black man could kick a white dudes ass and not get lynched. Hell, most of the black dudes I know dont even watch boxing. I'm a fan of boxing. I dont care if the dude is black, white, mexican, filipino or from Mars just as long as he can fight.
MAHDI
You make A good point. mexican fighters have a National Solidarity--- whereas Blacks have no National identity. Blacks have no cultural unity no cultural identity no matter how many balls we can dunk, jabs we can slip, or songs sung, Blacks have no DEFINITIVE culture. There is a book called "Powernomics" by Claude Anderson where goes into some of the very underlying realities--- consider this: a Best selling Bill Board Song in the 1920s was "EVERY RACE has a flag but the coon" ...

now Floyd is followed by all races because he is a popular American, but the lack of cultural solidarity among blacks results in him lacking much Black support
daprofessor
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Sep 17 2013, 09:11 PM) *
You make A good point. mexican fighters have a National Solidarity--- whereas Blacks have no National identity. Blacks have no cultural unity no cultural identity no matter how many balls we can dunk, jabs we can slip, or songs sung, Blacks have no DEFINITIVE culture. There is a book called "Powernomics" by Claude Anderson where goes into some of the very underlying realities--- consider this: a Best selling Bill Board Song in the 1920s was "EVERY RACE has a flag but the coon" ...

now Floyd is followed by all races because he is a popular American, but the lack of cultural solidarity among blacks results in him lacking much Black support

i think you hit on two of the main ingredients here....national identity and cultural unity.

honestly...as far as national identity is concerned...i think it's bullshit. i see it all the time....puerto ricans, mexicans...dominicans, colombians etc...they all claim, i'm 100% this....or i'm 100% that. what's that mean exactly? that both your parents were born in mexico? or puerto rico? or wherever the fuck? truth is...most from latino/spanish speaking countries are mixed raced people. they won't admit to it...but it's true. they are all mixtures of native american/indigenous, spanish/european and in some cases african ppl. hugo chavez (rip) from venezuela is one of the first leaders to acknowledge this. i think mexico's 2nd president, benito juarez was mulatto. these people from these countries have more in common than not. they eat very similar foods...have similar religious beliefs...they were all part of colonization some where along the line. the same can be said for jamaicans, trinidadian, hatians etc... and in most of those islands where the african influence in culture is very strong...u will see some denial there as well.

as for african american culture...that shit is rich. look at the influence across the board. music, arts, sports....most major american contributions to the world has had african american influence.
NoCatchweights
Rap, Jazz, Blues and Rock and Roll alone have had more influence than most nations and those are from blacks.

I've seen blacks stop liking boxing in my lifetime and I'm 27. I can remember Tyson fight parties and Zab and Roy Jones being names every black guy new, even Curtis Stevens, Floyd, Shane and Winky were names we looked up to and saw talked about in Hip Hop. Now if I'm a casual I know 3 names Manny, Floyd and Broner. As a kid the fight party was all black, now it's my Mexican people, there were 10 Mexicans and 2 blacks and the blacks were a couple. I once said boxing would always have black and Mexican support but black support is nearly dead. HBO has made a conscious decision to be a Euro network and I hate the direction they want to take it.

The black people who I know who like boxing love Floyd, I support Floyd in part due to people who put him down sometimes in a racist way.
mrchitown
My issue is it's just not in sports which is why I said in the other thread he had a point. It's everywhere, not too many blacks support their own communities. It's grocery stores, mom and pop record shops, basically everything you can imagine in some of these communities but blacks will go out of their way to take their hard earned money and give it back to the very structure they complaining about...some people like whining just to have something to whine about

I don't think it's just an issue of sports, the sporting world mixed in with this social media nonsense is just a big mirror reflection of the problems that blacks are facing. But pertaining to black athletes and in this case Mayweather Jr, it comes down to a case of jealousy or self hate. Michael Jordan delat with it, Ali dealt with it, Tyson is still dealing with it in a sense and Lebron and Floyd define this era of athletes who get no love from blacks. Basketball is a popular sport but I look around and most of the shade I see thrown his way is from blacks. Our people have been programmed in a way to shun each other and discredit each other and relate to the enemy. The enemy is who you see fit, I know who my enemy is lol

A lot of hardcore boxing fans think Mayweather is more popular then he actually is, he even admitted so in interviews as recently as 2011 that he's not popular, he's grown since then but still nowhere near where he should be. I applaud him for appealing to the hip-hop crowd because a lot of his black fans come from that fan base but it's a shame when mediocre athletes in other sports are getting more love then him. People for the most part tune in to see him lose, and I'm willing to bet that if he did lose, some of his black supporters would flee just as quick as the Mexicans and whites would. It's like black athletes get penalized for their success and we all know that growing up in the hood and becoming successful is a no-no. People love you when yall on even terms struggling and shit but let you try to do something more with your life and/or actually achieve your goal like Mayweather, Lebron, Kobe etc. did. Now all of a sudden you ain't shit and they pray for your downfall. Slavery is over in the sense that we not physically shackled but the mind is very powerful and unfortunately alot of blacks are imprisoned mentally. I guess they can't throw off the chains of being controlled and manipulated
The Original MrFactor
Another thing, I'd like to add. There are other sports thatmy kids gravitate to. Black kids are able to watch baseball, basketball and football on free TV. then they watch ESPN highlights on cable. Boxing has not made itself mainstream enough for kids to watch and enjoy. The boxing superbowl is on PPV. It usually comes on late at night when the next generation is asleep. All of my kids were in bed when Mayweather/Canelo started. Plus them watching it is solely dependant on me. I went to a fight party to watch.

If major fights came on regular TV at 7:30pm, you'd have more black people gravitating toward the sport, IMO. You grab the kids and you got the next gen folks on board.
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 18 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Another thing, I'd like to add. There are other sports thatmy kids gravitate to. Black kids are able to watch baseball, basketball and football on free TV. then they watch ESPN highlights on cable. Boxing has not made itself mainstream enough for kids to watch and enjoy. The boxing superbowl is on PPV. It usually comes on late at night when the next generation is asleep. All of my kids were in bed when Mayweather/Canelo started. Plus them watching it is solely dependant on me. I went to a fight party to watch.

If major fights came on regular TV at 7:30pm, you'd have more black people gravitating toward the sport, IMO. You grab the kids and you got the next gen folks on board.

The TV networks won't buy, 1 million is not a lot for the networks who pay billions to show the NFL. Not much you can do if networks won't pay for your product.
MAHDI
[quote name='mrchitown' date='Sep 18 2013, 12:17 AM' post='590393']
My issue is it's just not in sports which is why I said in the other thread he had a point. It's everywhere, not too many blacks support their own communities. It's grocery stores, mom and pop record shops, basically everything you can imagine in some of these communities but blacks will go out of their way to take their hard earned money and give it back to the very structure they complaining about...some people like whining just to have something to whine about

I don't think it's just an issue of sports, the sporting world mixed in with this social media nonsense is just a big mirror reflection of the problems that blacks are facing. But pertaining to black athletes and in this case Mayweather Jr, it comes down to a case of jealousy or self hate...

Well said... jealousy and self hate plague the Black community how many of the near 8-9000 murders in the Black community each year stem from jealousy and self hate???
Dolimite
Actually the first president of Mexico was an ex African slave.

As slaves we were never encouraged to uphold each other and work together. if anything, the slave masters taught us to actually hate each other. After slavery and right up to the early 90s, everything black was bad and no good. I honestly think integration further separated blacks from self identity and pride in oneself. In order to feel that we were something we had to move from our community into a community that didn't even want blacks to live in. All the wealthy blacks left the community and the only ones left were the poor. So the community as a whole went down. Then drugs came into the community and that was the beginning of the end. The drug laws killed black families and communities and the image of black left became so negative.

I support Mayweather 110%, I support him so much, on this board I get called a nut hugger and all this other bullshit. So even if you are a proud fan of boxer you get shitted on, especially if it is Floyd. So when cats on this board want to take swipes at me for admitting that I am a big Mayweather fan, I say fuck em because why should I feel bad about supporting someone I like? Our people can affirm everyone else but our own and the moment we do, we have to be apologetic for it. I am not that type of person. I have no bones about supporting my own. I freely admit, one of the reason why I voted for Obama was because he is black. White folks do it all the time. Hispanics in Cali vote for other Hispanics. So the hell can't I or we do the same? because we are not suppose to be united, We were meant to be.

I call it post traumatic slave disorder. We still have a very long way to go to break the psychological shackles of slavery.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 18 2013, 10:21 AM) *

I call it post traumatic slave disorder. We still have a very long way to go to break the psychological shackles of slavery.

Dr. Joy Degruy--- sister is the authority on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome... Vincente Guerrero was that man who was not the first President, but the first Black President- In his first term he ABOLISHED THE AFRICAN SLAVE TRADE IN MEXICO yes--- Mexico had more than 200,000 slaves imported in there--- CHECK OUT THE BELOW LINK--- GREAT ON THE SUBJEJCT

http://youtu.be/Eu_bKJ11O0M
The Original MrFactor
Just curious... How old are some of you? Just curious because of some of the responses I see. This topic has gone way beyond boxing. Good answers from all and very interesting takes from everyone. I'm 42 and married ten years on last Saturday. 4 sons 13, 8, 6, and 2. Lived in New England, New Jersey and now the ATL for the last 20 years.

We dont support our own, based on the whole Willie Lynch thing. I get that. There is a gap at least for me, with my ability to support certain black people because I dont accept the way they carry themselves. For years, I hated the way Mayweather carried himself in public. Brash, young and arrogant. He's matured a bit and I actually like him now(though you may not believe it.) I hate Adrian Broner now, for the same reasons. I'd hate to be labelled an Uncle Tom(which nobody has done) if I dont blindly support the black guy. I like cats like Andre Berto, Kieth Thurman, Tim Bradley, Kendal Holt, Andre Ward, Bernard Hopkins. They come in acting like men and carry themselves like men. They handle business, like men. Never will you see these men throwing money into a toilet.

My way of thinking transcends every aspect of my being. Just because many black folks still follow Sharpton and Jesse, doesnt mean i roll with that crowd. I imagine many of you younger folks feel that way too. I'm my own man, leader of my household and put boots to asses when necessary. I voted for Obama for a number of reasons. His views are similar to my own. I also voted for him based on race(no secrets there). I base the latter on the fact that my grandfather could never fathom a black man being president. When my grandfather was 18, he wasnt allowed to vote, so I considered it winning one for my grandfather's generation.

Ali was once young and brash. I cant say we ever saw him throw money in a toilet or carry bricks of it around just because... Cassius Clay was before my time. I'm sure many black folks didnt like young Cassius for many of the same reasons I couldnt stand Mayweather and now Broner. Ali became a legend when he changed and took a prolific stance in life by joining the NOI. Then He took the stance against VietNam. That made him a true hero among black folks.Ali walks on water to this day. Are there no stances to take today? Are there no issues today for these black athletes to tackle today. Giving blindly to any given charity aint really doing shit. Visiting an occassional sick kid in the hospital in front of 50 cameras aint doing shit. Open a school for juvenile delinquents to get a 2nd chance, like so many black athletes got because they could ball or box. Not everyone has that talent that allows doors to open for them to get a 2nd chance. Take a prolific stance and use your fame as muscle, then people will love you.
Hotsauce
Put boxing back on network tv and see what happens
NoCatchweights
I think if black fans saw the hate spewed by White and Mexican fans on other forums they would support Floyd, I doubt casuals realize how racial boxing can be. In other sports there is no need to support the black guy, 30 percent of NFL QBs are black. I have seen calls to genocide on other boxing forums. If black fans saw that they would love Floyd.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 18 2013, 10:21 AM) *

As slaves we were never encouraged to uphold each other and work together. if anything, the slave masters taught us to actually hate each other. After slavery and right up to the early 90s, everything black was bad and no good. I honestly think integration further separated blacks from self identity and pride in oneself. In order to feel that we were something we had to move from our community into a community that didn't even want blacks to live in. All the wealthy blacks left the community and the only ones left were the poor. So the community as a whole went down. Then drugs came into the community and that was the beginning of the end. The drug laws killed black families and communities and the image of black left became so negative.

I support Mayweather 110%, I support him so much, on this board I get called a nut hugger and all this other bullshit. So even if you are a proud fan of boxer you get shitted on, especially if it is Floyd. So when cats on this board want to take swipes at me for admitting that I am a big Mayweather fan, I say fuck em because why should I feel bad about supporting someone I like? Our people can affirm everyone else but our own and the moment we do, we have to be apologetic for it. I am not that type of person. I have no bones about supporting my own. I freely admit, one of the reason why I voted for Obama was because he is black. White folks do it all the time. Hispanics in Cali vote for other Hispanics. So the hell can't I or we do the same? because we are not suppose to be united, We were meant to be.

This isn't the "vent like a little hoe" thread, take this mess to other thread where I openly dissed you for being a cheerleader...meet me there bro. Your first paragraph was great...until you got all in your little feelings.

When you decide to say sideways stuff like, "cats on this board want to take swipes at me", look in the mirror, YOU'RE "taking swipes" at "cats on this board".Just say it to me, don't be "scurred" homie.

laugh.gif
Franchize
African Americans in general don't show enough support and love to their greats. Whether it be hip-hop,sports, etc at some point, there will be a group of haters trying to bring him down...and we don't fight back. Look at even Obama. WE get him in office but we don't show support afterwards. We just sit back and ask him to solve every problem, meanwhile everything he proposes is being shot down.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 18 2013, 10:10 AM) *
Just curious... How old are some of you? Just curious because of some of the responses I see. This topic has gone way beyond boxing. Good answers from all and very interesting takes from everyone. I'm 42 and married ten years on last Saturday. 4 sons 13, 8, 6, and 2. Lived in New England, New Jersey and now the ATL for the last 20 years.

We dont support our own, based on the whole Willie Lynch thing. I get that. There is a gap at least for me, with my ability to support certain black people because I dont accept the way they carry themselves. For years, I hated the way Mayweather carried himself in public. Brash, young and arrogant. He's matured a bit and I actually like him now(though you may not believe it.) I hate Adrian Broner now, for the same reasons. I'd hate to be labelled an Uncle Tom(which nobody has done) if I dont blindly support the black guy. I like cats like Andre Berto, Kieth Thurman, Tim Bradley, Kendal Holt, Andre Ward, Bernard Hopkins. They come in acting like men and carry themselves like men. They handle business, like men. Never will you see these men throwing money into a toilet.

My way of thinking transcends every aspect of my being. Just because many black folks still follow Sharpton and Jesse, doesnt mean i roll with that crowd. I imagine many of you younger folks feel that way too. I'm my own man, leader of my household and put boots to asses when necessary. I voted for Obama for a number of reasons. His views are similar to my own. I also voted for him based on race(no secrets there). I base the latter on the fact that my grandfather could never fathom a black man being president. When my grandfather was 18, he wasnt allowed to vote, so I considered it winning one for my grandfather's generation.

Ali was once young and brash. I cant say we ever saw him throw money in a toilet or carry bricks of it around just because... Cassius Clay was before my time. I'm sure many black folks didnt like young Cassius for many of the same reasons I couldnt stand Mayweather and now Broner. Ali became a legend when he changed and took a prolific stance in life by joining the NOI. Then He took the stance against VietNam. That made him a true hero among black folks.Ali walks on water to this day. Are there no stances to take today? Are there no issues today for these black athletes to tackle today. Giving blindly to any given charity aint really doing shit. Visiting an occassional sick kid in the hospital in front of 50 cameras aint doing shit. Open a school for juvenile delinquents to get a 2nd chance, like so many black athletes got because they could ball or box. Not everyone has that talent that allows doors to open for them to get a 2nd chance. Take a prolific stance and use your fame as muscle, then people will love you.

great post.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2013, 01:51 PM) *
This isn't the "vent like a little hoe" thread, take this mess to other thread where I openly dissed you for being a cheerleader...meet me there bro. Your first paragraph was great...until you got all in your little feelings.

When you decide to say sideways stuff like, "cats on this board want to take swipes at me", look in the mirror, YOU'RE "taking swipes" at "cats on this board".Just say it to me, don't be "scurred" homie.

laugh.gif

He got some Professor in him laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Sep 18 2013, 09:00 AM) *
Well said... jealousy and self hate plague the Black community how many of the near 8-9000 murders in the Black community each year stem from jealousy and self hate???

That goes on not only in Boxing but in other sports and in politics. Being successful is more dangerous then being in the hood
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2013, 10:51 AM) *

laugh.gif

I was actually referring to someone else. But okay... and this is what I am talking about the lack of black unity...lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2013, 03:58 PM) *
He got some Professor in him laugh.gif

thumbsdown_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 18 2013, 05:14 PM) *
I was actually referring to someone else. But okay... and this is what I am talking about the lack of black unity...lol

Black on black crime! Bring it on!!!

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2013, 05:19 PM) *
thumbsdown_anim.gif

thumbsup_anim.gif
klonopinz
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2013, 02:51 PM) *

laugh.gif

dont even waste time responding to a crybaby bitch
mrchitown
Another thing that disappoints me as far a support from blacks is how these outrageous demands are thrown at them. and a lot of black fans never speak up on it. Let's look at Vick from the Eagles, dude went to jail and came out still a superior athlete, he's a freak of nature. When it comes down to pure athletic ability he's right there with Mayweather and Lebron IMO. Now that he's the starter for Philly look at how the team and the media threw their struggles on him from last season. But the truth is the O-line was shit and that's the reason they struggled last year. Now you take another QB from another team like Carson Palmer's sorry ass and he got a pass from the fans and the media despite being incompetent last season

Now as it pertains to Floyd it's always he should do this, your not great, or well he didn't fight this guy at this particular time he ain't shit. The problem is that it's clearly war on black athletes and Floyd is like public enemy #1. What's so disappointing is that not a lot of blacks come to his defense in these aspects. You can tell whose educated and whose not when they comment, only idiots use that flomo and gayweather stuff. To me it seems like some blacks rather just go with the flow instead of identifying and resolving a issue that plagues some of our best athletes. Floyd always rises to the occasion but he gets a raw deal from the fans and some of them are from his same background. Hopkins gets a lot of shit to from black sports fans, I dare to say they hate him more then Mayweather..I think Ward is beginning to feel it a little bit too and Broner has been getting it. I think he'll end up getting it the worse. I've been in the same room with him and some of the biggest detractors were black and they let him have it, verbally that is
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2013, 09:09 PM) *
Another thing that disappoints me as far a support from blacks is how these outrageous demands are thrown at them. and a lot of black fans never speak up on it. Let's look at Vick from the Eagles, dude went to jail and came out still a superior athlete, he's a freak of nature. When it comes down to pure athletic ability he's right there with Mayweather and Lebron IMO. Now that he's the starter for Philly look at how the team and the media threw their struggles on him from last season. But the truth is the O-line was shit and that's the reason they struggled last year. Now you take another QB from another team like Carson Palmer's sorry ass and he got a pass from the fans and the media despite being incompetent last season

Now as it pertains to Floyd it's always he should do this, your not great, or well he didn't fight this guy at this particular time he ain't shit. The problem is that it's clearly war on black athletes and Floyd is like public enemy #1. What's so disappointing is that not a lot of blacks come to his defense in these aspects. You can tell whose educated and whose not when they comment, only idiots use that flomo and gayweather stuff. To me it seems like some blacks rather just go with the flow instead of identifying and resolving a issue that plagues some of our best athletes. Floyd always rises to the occasion but he gets a raw deal from the fans and some of them are from his same background. Hopkins gets a lot of shit to from black sports fans, I dare to say they hate him more then Mayweather..I think Ward is beginning to feel it a little bit too and Broner has been getting it. I think he'll end up getting it the worse. I've been in the same room with him and some of the biggest detractors were black and they let him have it, verbally that is

Well I was definitely feeling you with the Floyd, BHop and Ward hate that is going on but Broner is in another category of his own; dude tries to hard to be a clone of the old way that Floyd used to carry himself but even that version of Mayweather is not half as obnoxious as Adrien.

I personally cannot stand Broner for all his phony antics and copycat, wannabe mentality and it wouldn't matter to me if he was white or black. Hell Mexicans have stood behind Oscar even though he isn't viewed as a true Mexicano whenever he fought anyone but somehow we can't even seem to support Mayweather simply because and if for no other reason than the fact that he's African American.

It is as though Black people should be made to feel guilty or as some Racist simply because we support our brethren of the same persuasion: here is an example:

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 17 2013, 09:00 PM) *
I'm not blindly getting behind some fighter because he's black laugh.gif . They did that shit in the 60s and before because it was the only time a black man could kick a white dudes ass and not get lynched. Hell, most of the black dudes I know dont even watch boxing. I'm a fan of boxing. I dont care if the dude is black, white, mexican, filipino or from Mars just as long as he can fight.

If anyone cared to notice that my original post stated as much but honestly what is wrong with us (black people) getting behind one of our own simply because he is black? Isn't this what they (Mexicans, Phillipines, Argentinians, etc., etc.) do??

What's so wrong with it when it comes to us (black people)? As I stated before; personally I don't like Broner but there should be nothing wrong with me throwing support behind him for no other than the fact that he is black no matter how much of a flaming idiot I believe him to be.

If they all can do it then we all can also but I don't expect much from most of our black people, too many of us are sell outs, uncle Toms or just pure Haters for whatever other reason(s).

When will we finally unite behind one or all of our Boxers??
The Original MrFactor
Lets all throw our support behind Clarence Thomas... To me there are some people who shoot themselves in the foot. Despite being black, I cannot and will not support them because of their behavior. Broner is one of those guys. I'm open to change at any time, if he changes. Right now, no.
emd01
Wow. You dudes put a lot of thought into this shit huh? I dont think black people not supporting Floyd amounts to shit. I dont see white dudes breaking their necks to buy a Malignaggi PPV either no2.gif . The younger generation just seem to mostly rather watch MMA.
emd01
So, how many black folks on the forum are going to support Stevens against Golovkin? I know i'm not fucking supporting him. I got the russian by stoppage dirol.gif .
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 18 2013, 06:09 PM) *

^^^^ Well said bro.

Just to piggy back on what you said about Vick and Mayweather: Vick did something to football that was suppose to never happen. He revolutionized the QB position. He made coaches and teams rethink what the QB position could be. The only safe position for a white football player was the QB position. We have Colin K, RGIII, Russell Wilson, EJ Emmanuel, Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Hundley and a slew of other African American QBs. Vick was the blue print and a lot of these QBs will say that Vick was their hero growing up. The days of Tom Brady and Patton Manning are soon out the door. Why do you think they love Johnny Manziel, because he plays like a brotha. Manziel was the first freshman to win the Heisman, why because he played like he was a brother. Now, Vick wasn't even mentioned as a Heisman when he played. Vick also was the first black QB to really start for a southern professional team (Atlanta Falcons). He revolutionized the QB position. I know Randell Cunningham did wonders at the position but Vick made the QB position a real threat. Which is why they tried so hard to change his game and to turn him into a villain. Now the whole dog fighting thing was just stupid on his part. But notice how he is playing lights out this year, nothing is said, they give all credit to Chip Kelly. Now if Vick was throwing INTs and fucking up, he would be the headline every day all day. The reason why ESPN, NFL channel, and Fox Sports have these black pundits on is because they know they will not say anything. Tony Kornheisher actually said "if Michael Vick could pass the Eagles would of scored 60 plus points" Michael Wilbon actually took a deep breath and didn't say anything. But this is the same game who defends QBs like Jay Cutler! Baldwin had an essay called "Price of the Ticket" these men are paying a price for success. There is a reason why Jalen Rose has yet to be invited back to First Take, he put that Fag Skip Bayless in his place. They can't have that. Anytime black athlete start to unify what happens? One of the pad Negros come out and speak against it.

As far as Mayweather: He is America's worse nightmare concerning black athletes. He knows exactly who and what he is. He is skilled beyond this world. He doesn't pretend to be something that he isn't. He has money and power. He doesn't blind himself with the white world by having a white chic. He isn't trying to be excepted. If anything, he is paving the road for himself. His team is headed by Al Haymon who the industry hates. Another black man with power. In an industry run by Jews and whites (same people) here is a kid from Grand Rapids who took his career in his hand and said fuck the bullshit. America does not like black athlete that are free in that way. Which is why they are hating on Yusiel Puig. Which is why they hate LeBron. LeBron did what was best for him and his family. Instead of letting someone else decide his future he did. People detested LeBron for taking his career in his hands. As black athletes, they are suppose to be so humble and thankful. You have athletes that say fuck that, I worked hard for this and I do what I damn well please. Remember when Carson Palmer said he would refuse to play for the Bangles and no one said anything? But Cam Newton is pissed about losing and they tell him he needs to grow up? Floyd, is his own man and does not allow anyone to be something that he is not. This is why Oscar is in the boat that he is in. he tried to be what everyone wanted or thought he should be. America isn't ready for intelligent black Athletes, it is too much of a dual threat. Because others may see the shackles that are placed on them and what to do something about it. As long as they can blind with money they can dictate what they can and can not say. There are a certain few who have been self made and said fuck the establishment which is why they are outcast. Ali said that "the white man can never be my brother. What kind of brother lynches you, beats you, takes away your civil rights, kills you, rapes, and steal? Pulls you over because you are driving a nice car?" real shit.
Franchize
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 19 2013, 07:31 AM) *
Wow. You dudes put a lot of thought into this shit huh? I dont think black people not supporting Floyd amounts to shit. I dont see white dudes breaking their necks to buy a Malignaggi PPV either no2.gif . The younger generation just seem to mostly rather watch MMA.

LMAO Paulie and Floyd are two totally different classes of fighters. But to your point, Paulie had a pretty sizeable fan base coming up....especially among the Italian Americans. He's still a big time draw in BK...which has a population larger than a lot of cities in itself.
emd01
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 19 2013, 06:51 AM) *
LMAO Paulie and Floyd are two totally different classes of fighters. But to your point, Paulie had a pretty sizeable fan base coming up....especially among the Italian Americans. He's still a big time draw in BK...which has a population larger than a lot of cities in itself.

So this isnt just about blacks supporting black fighters but blacks supporting the most popular black fighter then? Like I said...we just live in an MMA era. people want to see blood and brutal KOs not a dude sitting back, not getting hit and outclassing another fighter. Most boxing fans are casual fans that couldnt name anyone but Floyd and Pacquiao.

For instance, I was at a cookout at my uncles and we started talking boxing. Everyone there was 100% confident that Pacquiao would KO Mayweather even after his KO defeat. They had the usual skip bayless arguments...Floyds going to run...Floyd cant take a punch from Pacquiao...Floyds scared of Pacuiaos speed...Floyd cant hurt Pacquiao. I was telling them Floyd is the best boxer of this era and would easily beat Pacquiao...like a boy fighting a man. They were all looking at me like I was a nut saying no way. They just dont understand boxing because they only catch clips on the news or ESPN and think they can judge a fight by that.

I had another guy tell me Canelo would beat Floyd because he lands 8 punch combos then proceeded to show me fucking Canelo/Lopez highlights laugh.gif . I told him he was retarded and gave him my number and told him to call me on the 15th. havent heard from him. My point is black people, white people, just people in general arent into boxing that much. The only time I can talk to anyone about boxing is online. Noone here, where i'm from, knows shit about boxing these days.

As far as black people supporting one another. Become a rapper...theyll support you then. Seems thats what we're interested in these days.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 18 2013, 09:51 PM) *
Well I was definitely feeling you with the Floyd, BHop and Ward hate that is going on but Broner is in another category of his own; dude tries to hard to be a clone of the old way that Floyd used to carry himself but even that version of Mayweather is not half as obnoxious as Adrien.

I personally cannot stand Broner for all his phony antics and copycat, wannabe mentality and it wouldn't matter to me if he was white or black. Hell Mexicans have stood behind Oscar even though he isn't viewed as a true Mexicano whenever he fought anyone but somehow we can't even seem to support Mayweather simply because and if for no other reason than the fact that he's African American.

It is as though Black people should be made to feel guilty or as some Racist simply because we support our brethren of the same persuasion: here is an example:

If anyone cared to notice that my original post stated as much but honestly what is wrong with us (black people) getting behind one of our own simply because he is black? Isn't this what they (Mexicans, Phillipines, Argentinians, etc., etc.) do??

What's so wrong with it when it comes to us (black people)? As I stated before; personally I don't like Broner but there should be nothing wrong with me throwing support behind him for no other than the fact that he is black no matter how much of a flaming idiot I believe him to be.

If they all can do it then we all can also but I don't expect much from most of our black people, too many of us are sell outs, uncle Toms or just pure Haters for whatever other reason(s).

When will we finally unite behind one or all of our Boxers??

I can understand that, I'm one of the ones in the minority who support Broner. Part of the reason I support him is because he's black because at the time he came along HBO wasn't looking for a black fighter, they were searching for the next Mexican sensation and the next Manny which they had thought they found in Nonito, then came a long this back kid from Cincinnati who could fight and had flare and also pull in more ratings then the fighters they were trying to build up

It's an act and it's designed to evoke some kinda emotion from you and it works every time. If people remember he and Gary Russell Jr who is every bit as good as Adrien, used to fight on the same cards on HBO. That was until Broner became a one man side show and then Russell Jr was getting table scrap dates and Broner was getting what ever he wanted. Don't you find that strange? It's no coincidence that Floyd got a push when he started the money persona and it's no coincidence that Broner got the push when he copied it. They only push the brash young n****.

It's a minstrel show and some fans are just as much a part of it as the promoters and the networks

I don't see anything wrong for supporting your own because you belong to that same ethnic background. But I'd be lying if I said I apply it to everything. I'm a fan of boxing more then anything and if you can fight you can fight no matter what your race is but when I see 2 fighters fighting and I don't know nothing bout either one of them, and one happens to be black...yeah I'm picking them to win laugh.gif

Some people did vote for Obama because he was black but I didn't, I voted for him because he was the best candidate for the job. Truth be told I thought it was too soon for him to run and in the primaries I voted for Hillary Clinton. But once he won that one I listened to the issues he was going to tackle and threw my support behind him...but other groups support their own like that but blacks just don't. they'll have a mom and pop record shop in their neighborhood and drive 19miles out the way to a best buy instead. It's a shame
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 18 2013, 11:23 PM) *
Lets all throw our support behind Clarence Thomas... To me there are some people who shoot themselves in the foot. Despite being black, I cannot and will not support them because of their behavior. Broner is one of those guys. I'm open to change at any time, if he changes. Right now, no.

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 19 2013, 09:46 AM) *
^^^^ Well said bro.

Just to piggy back on what you said about Vick and Mayweather: Vick did something to football that was suppose to never happen. He revolutionized the QB position. He made coaches and teams rethink what the QB position could be. The only safe position for a white football player was the QB position. We have Colin K, RGIII, Russell Wilson, EJ Emmanuel, Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Hundley and a slew of other African American QBs. Vick was the blue print and a lot of these QBs will say that Vick was their hero growing up. The days of Tom Brady and Patton Manning are soon out the door. Why do you think they love Johnny Manziel, because he plays like a brotha. Manziel was the first freshman to win the Heisman, why because he played like he was a brother. Now, Vick wasn't even mentioned as a Heisman when he played. Vick also was the first black QB to really start for a southern professional team (Atlanta Falcons). He revolutionized the QB position. I know Randell Cunningham did wonders at the position but Vick made the QB position a real threat. Which is why they tried so hard to change his game and to turn him into a villain. Now the whole dog fighting thing was just stupid on his part. But notice how he is playing lights out this year, nothing is said, they give all credit to Chip Kelly. Now if Vick was throwing INTs and fucking up, he would be the headline every day all day. The reason why ESPN, NFL channel, and Fox Sports have these black pundits on is because they know they will not say anything. Tony Kornheisher actually said "if Michael Vick could pass the Eagles would of scored 60 plus points" Michael Wilbon actually took a deep breath and didn't say anything. But this is the same game who defends QBs like Jay Cutler! Baldwin had an essay called "Price of the Ticket" these men are paying a price for success. There is a reason why Jalen Rose has yet to be invited back to First Take, he put that Fag Skip Bayless in his place. They can't have that. Anytime black athlete start to unify what happens? One of the pad Negros come out and speak against it.

As far as Mayweather: He is America's worse nightmare concerning black athletes. He knows exactly who and what he is. He is skilled beyond this world. He doesn't pretend to be something that he isn't. He has money and power. He doesn't blind himself with the white world by having a white chic. He isn't trying to be excepted. If anything, he is paving the road for himself. His team is headed by Al Haymon who the industry hates. Another black man with power. In an industry run by Jews and whites (same people) here is a kid from Grand Rapids who took his career in his hand and said fuck the bullshit. America does not like black athlete that are free in that way. Which is why they are hating on Yusiel Puig. Which is why they hate LeBron. LeBron did what was best for him and his family. Instead of letting someone else decide his future he did. People detested LeBron for taking his career in his hands. As black athletes, they are suppose to be so humble and thankful. You have athletes that say fuck that, I worked hard for this and I do what I damn well please. Remember when Carson Palmer said he would refuse to play for the Bangles and no one said anything? But Cam Newton is pissed about losing and they tell him he needs to grow up? Floyd, is his own man and does not allow anyone to be something that he is not. This is why Oscar is in the boat that he is in. he tried to be what everyone wanted or thought he should be. America isn't ready for intelligent black Athletes, it is too much of a dual threat. Because others may see the shackles that are placed on them and what to do something about it. As long as they can blind with money they can dictate what they can and can not say. There are a certain few who have been self made and said fuck the establishment which is why they are outcast. Ali said that "the white man can never be my brother. What kind of brother lynches you, beats you, takes away your civil rights, kills you, rapes, and steal? Pulls you over because you are driving a nice car?" real shit.

And as I write this, Vick just broke a 70yd run on the Chiefs!!! And just threw a TD..the funny thing about Vick and black QB's like Kapernick and Cam Newton is this. They praised their ability but they always say "can he throw from the pocket" like blacks are afraid to get hit. Now that question has been answered it's "is he a good leader"...it's always going to be something but no offense to any other race but us blacks can't really be messed with in sports. You look through history there's not too much we haven't done or invented. Especially when it comes to America, I take offense when I saw this series talking about the men who built America. Society is afraid of blacks because we are getting in positions of power and changing the landscape. We're the biggest threat to the establishment

I always was a fan of Mayweather but I became a bigger fan when he went out on his own and put his career in his own hands, that was a gutsy move that really could have back fired but he made it work and some want him to apologize for it. But when your the captain of your own ship, you ain't got to apologize for nothing. It's sad that athletes like Jim Brown, Kareem, Ali and others laid the ground work for these dudes and they dropped the ball. For all the good things Lebron does on the court he quiet as fuck off of it. A hoodie pic does nothing, they should be out there on the steps with the dream defenders like Talib Kweli, Mos Def and other celebs, but instead he's grinning in pics on instagram pushing those trash ass Nike's...don't talk about white women, I could tell you stories about Lebron and Chicago lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 18 2013, 01:13 AM) *

I still do NOT understand, why no one holds a top notch card during Super Bowl or All-Star weekend. There is so much on this topic I could add, but can't muster up the energy.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 18 2013, 12:29 PM) *
I think if black fans saw the hate spewed by White and Mexican fans on other forums they would support Floyd, I doubt casuals realize how racial boxing can be. In other sports there is no need to support the black guy, 30 percent of NFL QBs are black. I have seen calls to genocide on other boxing forums. If black fans saw that they would love Floyd.

I doubt that....history is filled w/ blacks shooting down other blacks publicly. As a blogger that I routinely follow would say, "Blacks are too fixated w/ pleasing Massa, to support one another." Now, let me get it straight, I'm not on some unilateral, "down w/ whitey" (LOL...just watched an episode of the Jeffersons) BS, but there is something to our penchant for not being "ethnic", in order to garner respect from other races. It's as though we need to put THEIR prejudgements and prejudices at ease, in order to be "accepted", at the cost of alienating ourselves from the very group that reared, nurtured and supported us: "US".

Here's the bottom line w/ us: "We", black folks won't support Floyd nor any other high profile athlete that makes ignorant amounts of $$$$ and flashes it in our faces. We're more "jelly" than Smuckers about iiiish like that. You see, Floyd provides excellent cover. He gives people an "out", by how he throws that "young, black and rich" full force for the public to see. It's easy to "hate" on him and not actually be viewed as "hating". My thing is, why not support Andre Ward? Devon Alexander? Deontay Wilder, anyone? I mean, this guy, very well could (eventually) be the answer to the American Heavyweight hiatus. Why not get behind him now? I can tell you why: We, black folks are some "front running" Mutha Cluckas. We support the hell outta one of us, when we get "on top", but the moment that reign ends, you can't find an article or a pic on a milk carton supporting dude. There's some other things I can throw out, but this is a boxing forum, not "WTF is wrong w/ us 101"
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 19 2013, 11:17 PM) *
I still do NOT understand, why no one holds a top notch card during Super Bowl or All-Star weekend. There is so much on this topic I could add, but can't muster up the energy.

I'm in Dallas, Super Bowl was here to years ago, Houston rappers were doing shows that cost 50 dollars to get in. No lie a boxing card would have had a shot a drawing 10,000 people. Just a waste.
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 19 2013, 11:32 PM) *
I doubt that....history is filled w/ blacks shooting down other blacks publicly. As a blogger that I routinely follow would say, "Blacks are too fixated w/ pleasing Massa, to support one another." Now, let me get it straight, I'm not on some unilateral, "down w/ whitey" (LOL...just watched an episode of the Jeffersons) BS, but there is something to our penchant for not being "ethnic", in order to garner respect from other races. It's as though we need to put THEIR prejudgements and prejudices at ease, in order to be "accepted", at the cost of alienating ourselves from the very group that reared, nurtured and supported us: "US".

Here's the bottom line w/ us: "We", black folks won't support Floyd nor any other high profile athlete that makes ignorant amounts of $$$$ and flashes it in our faces. We're more "jelly" than Smuckers about iiiish like that. You see, Floyd provides excellent cover. He gives people an "out", by how he throws that "young, black and rich" full force for the public to see. It's easy to "hate" on him and not actually be viewed as "hating". My thing is, why not support Andre Ward? Devon Alexander? Deontay Wilder, anyone? I mean, this guy, very well could (eventually) be the answer to the American Heavyweight hiatus. Why not get behind him now? I can tell you why: We, black folks are some "front running" Mutha Cluckas. We support the hell outta one of us, when we get "on top", but the moment that reign ends, you can't find an article or a pic on a milk carton supporting dude. There's some other things I can throw out, but this is a boxing forum, not "WTF is wrong w/ us 101"

Very nice post, I don't know if we are all that bad but I have seen this behavior.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 19 2013, 08:11 PM) *
And as I write this, Vick just broke a 70yd run on the Chiefs!!! And just threw a TD..the funny thing about Vick and black QB's like Kapernick and Cam Newton is this. They praised their ability but they always say "can he throw from the pocket" like blacks are afraid to get hit. Now that question has been answered it's "is he a good leader"...it's always going to be something but no offense to any other race but us blacks can't really be messed with in sports. You look through history there's not too much we haven't done or invented. Especially when it comes to America, I take offense when I saw this series talking about the men who built America. Society is afraid of blacks because we are getting in positions of power and changing the landscape. We're the biggest threat to the establishment

I always was a fan of Mayweather but I became a bigger fan when he went out on his own and put his career in his own hands, that was a gutsy move that really could have back fired but he made it work and some want him to apologize for it. But when your the captain of your own ship, you ain't got to apologize for nothing. It's sad that athletes like Jim Brown, Kareem, Ali and others laid the ground work for these dudes and they dropped the ball. For all the good things Lebron does on the court he quiet as fuck off of it. A hoodie pic does nothing, they should be out there on the steps with the dream defenders like Talib Kweli, Mos Def and other celebs, but instead he's grinning in pics on instagram pushing those trash ass Nike's...don't talk about white women, I could tell you stories about Lebron and Chicago lol

so lebron got snowbunnies in chicago?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 19 2013, 09:11 PM) *

If "white women" are going to be the barometer, (in my Clay Davis voice) shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, there's a WHOLE lotta MFs you need to eliminate.
emd01
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 19 2013, 09:32 PM) *

So black people are like Pacquiao fans laugh.gif ?
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 20 2013, 01:48 AM) *
If "white women" are going to be the barometer, (in my Clay Davis voice) shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, there's a WHOLE lotta MFs you need to eliminate.

Trust me I have..like Barkley for example
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 20 2013, 12:00 AM) *
so lebron got snowbunnies in chicago?

He used to have a side piece that went to Roosevelt University, they broke up in 07 after that finals lost to the Spurs when he was in Cleveland. D Rose be hitting them white girls too but if you seen his lil high school sweet heart you'd give him a pass, and she fuck around too
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 19 2013, 08:11 PM) *

solid post.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 19 2013, 11:17 PM) *

stop. u supposed to get a check for ideas like this.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 20 2013, 12:26 PM) *
solid post.

It was aight!!! By the way, he was responding to my post! Which means my shit is solid too. (that is how Negros hate. Can't let a Negro cook. lol)

I am so hurt how the eagles played yesterday.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 20 2013, 03:27 PM) *
stop. u supposed to get a check for ideas like this.

Where's my reparations?????
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 20 2013, 04:56 PM) *
Where's my reparations?????

bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 20 2013, 05:58 PM) *

LMBO!!!! My boy was Tron...."Yo Chuck! Suck my (audible noise)!!!!!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.