Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is Donaire fighting Darchinyan again??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/darchin ... -up-226671

Here's my two-fold view on this; first off, the only reason this fight is happening is because Arum knows better than to throw Donaire to the wolf (Rigo) again and he has to build up some confidence in him before he goes looking for bigger fish to fry.

We've already seen what this fight will look like in the rematch by the way VD fought in the first fight, he will get put to sleep again in the same fashion but probably even sooner this time around.

The other reason should be quite obvious which is easy money for Arum but I'll caveat on that by adding that Bob knows a win by KO in this fight will make Donaire look like he did prior to Nonito's loss to Rigo and who better to give you that human highlight reel KO than a run-in face forward styled fighter like Vic Darchinyan.

Hmmmm, it seems this formula that Arum is using is an ongoing theme in the fights he has lined up.

Your thoughts??
NoCatchweights
Donaire always liked picking on flyweights now he gets to pick on one while weighing 140 pounds on fight night. Kellerman will say "this proves Donaire is a p4p guy.
checkleft
Because donaire needs a highlight ko to get the hype around him again.
emd01
Same reason Pacquiao is fighting Rios and not Alvarado in Nov.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2013, 12:19 AM) *
Because donaire needs a highlight ko to get the hype around him again.

^^^^ this and the fact that Arum wants to be known as the king of rematches
Franchize
"Started from the bottom..... And we returned to the bottom? dntknw.gif lmao
Dolimite
He needs to rebuild his confidence. Watch Saul do the same thing by fighting a lesser opponent. Sadly, the veil has been lifted on Donaire. he looks great against bullshit competition but against real opposition, he folds and gets shut down.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 19 2013, 09:51 AM) *
He needs to rebuild his confidence. Watch Saul do the same thing by fighting a lesser opponent. Sadly, the veil has been lifted on Donaire. he looks great against bullshit competition but against real opposition, he folds and gets shut down.

Idk about this "veil", nonito is incredibly talented but as Floyd says, skills pay the bills and rigo has skill to spare.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2013, 08:13 AM) *
Idk about this "veil", nonito is incredibly talented but as Floyd says, skills pay the bills and rigo has skill to spare.

Check of all the fighters that Donaire faced how many were threats other than Rigo? His opposition has always been in question. Rigondeaux has major skills and because of that Arum and HBO are shutting his ass down. He should of had two more fights this year. The guy is wasting away. He needs to leave HBO and Arum and come to Showtime. I love watching Rigondeaux box.A thing of beauty.
Cshel86
The same reason that we saw Pac/Barrera II...it's pretty much a "filler" fight that's going to sale. One thing about Bob, he can use the smallest freakin' detail, sell it to the fans, and milk it to no ends.
bnoles4life
laugh.gif
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 19 2013, 10:39 AM) *
"Started from the bottom..... And we returned to the bottom? dntknw.gif lmao

checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 19 2013, 12:05 PM) *
Check of all the fighters that Donaire faced how many were threats other than Rigo? His opposition has always been in question. Rigondeaux has major skills and because of that Arum and HBO are shutting his ass down. He should of had two more fights this year. The guy is wasting away. He needs to leave HBO and Arum and come to Showtime. I love watching Rigondeaux box.A thing of beauty.

He did ko darch when he was still considered a ko artist. Montiel was one of the best in his division when he got starched, even tho nonito completely towered over him size wise. And even though mathebula was relatively unknown he showed why he was avoided he was a very troublesome smart boxer. Donaire has TONS of natural talent but he doesn't seem to pay enough attention to the skill part. He is constantly trying to blow up his own hype hot air balloon by only looking for Kos, he hardly ever trains with Garcia and almost basically just meets him on fight night, he doesn't really seem to box ever or come in with game plans. Don't get me wrong I was rooting for the guys hype train to derail because it was obvious, but the guy is still seriously talented and dangerous. But he should not have been fighting guys like arce or nishioka sleep.gif fucking kidding me?
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2013, 10:01 PM) *
He did ko darch when he was still considered a ko artist. Montiel was one of the best in his division when he got starched, even tho nonito completely towered over him size wise. And even though mathebula was relatively unknown he showed why he was avoided he was a very troublesome smart boxer. Donaire has TONS of natural talent but he doesn't seem to pay enough attention to the skill part. He is constantly trying to blow up his own hype hot air balloon by only looking for Kos, he hardly ever trains with Garcia and almost basically just meets him on fight night, he doesn't really seem to box ever or come in with game plans. Don't get me wrong I was rooting for the guys hype train to derail because it was obvious, but the guy is still seriously talented and dangerous. But he should not have been fighting guys like arce or nishioka sleep.gif fucking kidding me?

Donaire is a talented fighter but when his skills are unmatched then he looks like a damn boxing Don, but the moment he is challenged by someone with just enough skill or more, that talent slowly slows which is why Rigondeaux iced his ass.
Franchize
Donaire didn't just get exposed...that gym got exposed. Other than Mikey, nobody has much defense in Robert's gym. They are getting exposed just how Freddie Roach's guy got exposed last year. That being said, I think it's unfair to act as if he's had some cake walk or cherry picked competition. He fought guys who were somewhat revered. He beat them up. He ran into a true boxer with a complete gameplan...not just offense. It's really a microcosm of Boxing. The most beloved fighters ride their wave for a while only to get clipped by a true boxer. You'd think these young fighters would catch on by now.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 19 2013, 12:05 PM) *

+1 Bro

Arum did the exact same thing to Bradley until they (Bob and HBO) forced Tim to fight like a Brawler vs Provo and sell himself out to the point of nearly getting KOd and having slurred speech and a concussion for nearly 3 months afterwards, I wonder if they will force Rigo into the same type of thing.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 22 2013, 11:34 AM) *
+1 Bro

Arum did the exact same thing to Bradley until they (Bob and HBO) forced Tim to fight like a Brawler vs Provo and sell himself out to the point of nearly getting KOd and having slurred speech and a concussion for nearly 3 months afterwards, I wonder if they will force Rigo into the same type of thing.

Rigondeaux would never get into a fight like that. He is too smart of a fighter. I can't believe Donaire has a fight on deck but not the guy who beat his ass! Some shit!
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 22 2013, 02:38 PM) *
Rigondeaux would never get into a fight like that. He is too smart of a fighter. I can't believe Donaire has a fight on deck but not the guy who beat his ass! Some shit!

Marroquin did some decent work on rigo, even legitimately hurt him. But that kind of style is grueling against a guy like rigo, marroquin ended up on the canvas in that fight twice and with a broken nose from one of those beautiful straights
emd01
Donaire is a good fighter but not P4P material. His competition has been limited but there really arent many choices around his weight class. Who could he fight besides Rigo again that would be a real threat unless he moved up?

Arum just doesnt want to create another Floyd. He likes being in control of his fighters. He doesnt want to build Rigo up into this big star and then Rigo up and leave. HBO is suffering really because i'll be damned if I didnt even know 24/7 had started...too busy watching Showtime laugh.gif .
BrutUalBK

Now I'm not saying Rigo isn't too smart for that but look how long Bradley was shelved in between the Pac win before he had his war with Provo, finally the next time we see him in a fight it's with Provo and it is a brutal war for him fighting in a manner of which we've never seen him fight before.

I'm betting that Rigo's next fight will be far different than his schooling of Donaire.
emd01
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 22 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Now I'm not saying Rigo isn't too smart for that but look how long Bradley was shelved in between the Pac win before he had his war with Provo, finally the next time we see him in a fight it's with Provo and it is a brutal war for him fighting in a manner of which we've never seen him fight before.

I'm betting that Rigo's next fight will be far different than his schooling of Donaire.

Rigo is mentally stronger than Bradley imo. I dont think shelving him would make him brawl just to prove a point. Bradley was depressed after the Pacquiao fight....Rigo seems enraged after the Donaire fight. I think it will be business as usual in Rigos next fight.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 22 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Rigo is mentally stronger than Bradley imo. I dont think shelving him would make him brawl just to prove a point. Bradley was depressed after the Pacquiao fight....Rigo seems enraged after the Donaire fight. I think it will be business as usual in Rigos next fight.

It's cool but we'll just have to agree to disagree for now and wait and see, like you I'm a fan of his and I hope for his own health's sake that he doesn't sell his soul for the sake of being on HBO and making bigger money but then again we are talking about Money (For the LOVE of Money is the root of all evil).
daprofessor

i agree.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 22 2013, 04:47 PM) *
Marroquin did some decent work on rigo, even legitimately hurt him. But that kind of style is grueling against a guy like rigo, marroquin ended up on the canvas in that fight twice and with a broken nose from one of those beautiful straights

marroquin had a moment. nothing more...nothing less. then rigondeaux went to work and outclassed his oversized opponent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.