Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP Ken Norton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
Surprised to see no thread had been created in honor of Ken Norton, who has passed away on 18th September. Shame on me for noticing just now.
How will be Norton remembered? How will YOU remember him?

To me he was one of the most entertaining heavyweights ever. Awesome jab and style. Always in shape and I just loved his defense. Gave Ali all he could handle three times and in my opinion, he won twice! Sad to see another legend leave.

RIP
Amandla
He was the big musclebound guy from the Army that managed to break Ali's jaw.

Still, he couldn't beat him. Hats off to one of the Golden Era champs.
sduck
He will be remembered for actually beating Ali 3 times, even though being robbed two of those times, and not being as appreciated in that great era of boxing. RIP.
Amandla
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM) *
He will be remembered for actually beating Ali 3 times, even though being robbed two of those times, and not being as appreciated in that great era of boxing. RIP.

Damn its 9am here and my head's up my ass.

Sorry Ken. sad.gif

Dinner with the Champs....

Franchize
RIP Champ!
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM) *

I don't think he beat Ali 3x, I think the first and third fights he won. He was robbed in the third fight but that second fight was a victory for Ali imo

But he always gave it his all in the ring, and he's one of the greatest heavyweights of that era
Dolimite
Ken "The Jaw Breaker" Norton was a beast. I think he retired Ali. He beat the snot shit out of Ali. His son was a great UCLA football player. Ken Sr. had a great personality and a great fighter.
emd01
R.I.P. champ!
Plah
One of my faves, and yes he won all 3 vs Ali. Loved his style.
Hotsauce
R.I.P.
Franchize
R.I.P. to Earl Morton the referee too. I won't make an entire thread but just wanted to show my respect. Unfortunately, I'll most remember him from his poor officiating during the Mayweather/Gatti fight that got Gatti knocked down.
daprofessor
r.i.p ken norton. great life story. good dude. i have friends that knew him personally but i never actually met him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.