Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brother nazim: danny is top 5 p4p
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
what say you?
aTYpicalTYrant
The list of people he's defeated over the last 2 years should move him above quite a few on e mythical list. I can see why he's in the Top 5 P4P and I feel it's justified.
mrchitown
I respect Nazim and if he says it then it's true. He's a master teacher of the sport and he knows just as good as anyone does about the sweet science...plus Garcia has pulled off victories where he wasn't the betting favorite and he's looked good doing it. He's had some signature wins and the recent one against Matthyse only further solidifies his place on the P4P list
mitukczuk
Although I like Danny a lot I can't see him being P4P TOP 5. Hell, I can't see him in TOP 10. Why? To me the P4P list represents fighters that have mastered the art of boxing. Defense, offense, effective agressivness, power, speed etc. and most importantly boxing IQ. Ward, Floyd, Marquez, Wlad, Cotto...these guys are P4P in my eyes...

Danny does what he needs to do to win and always finds a way. But he doesn't do much more than that. He is a goddamn solid fighter and as I said, I am a fan of his. But...he seems to miss a thing or two from the list mentioned above.

emd01
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 24 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Although I like Danny a lot I can't see him being P4P TOP 5. Hell, I can't see him in TOP 10. Why? To me the P4P list represents fighters that have mastered the art of boxing. Defense, offense, effective agressivness, power, speed etc. and most importantly boxing IQ. Ward, Floyd, Marquez, Wlad, Cotto...these guys are P4P in my eyes...

Danny does what he needs to do to win and always finds a way. But he doesn't do much more than that. He is a goddamn solid fighter and as I said, I am a fan of his. But...he seems to miss a thing or two from the list mentioned above.

This. danny is good but he's not great.
daprofessor
i'm not really one for pound for pound lists. i think they should be reserved for guys who have completed their careers...but if we are going to create mythical lists...which pit one fighter against another regardless of weight...and we are looking at their skill set and accomplishment, i cannot put a klitschko on that list. sorry...it needed to be said.

if i'm going to make a list...it's going to look like this:

1. floyd mayweather
2. bernard hopkins
3. juan manuel marquez
4. andre ward
5. guillermo rigondeaux
6. danny garcia
7. sergio martinez
8. nonito donaire
9. manny pacquiao
10. tim bradley

a few of these guys are interchangeable...and the 'what have u done for me lately' rule applies. this is just off the top.

oops.
Dolimite
I think Danny has a very impressive resume. The only fights that I question is Erik Morales. He was over the hill and washed up. But his other fights have proven that he can hang with the 140 division. However, Broner is in that division as well as Maidana and a few others. If he moves up to 147 the first fight he should take is against "One Time" Thurman. That would be a very interesting match up. I would place Garcia at number 10.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 24 2013, 04:13 PM) *
I think Danny has a very impressive resume. The only fights that I question is Erik Morales. He was over the hill and washed up. But his other fights have proven that he can hang with the 140 division. However, Broner is in that division as well as Maidana and a few others. If he moves up to 147 the first fight he should take is against "One Time" Thurman. That would be a very interesting match up. I would place Garcia at number 10.

morales had just lost a majority decision to maidana in april the year prior. many felt he won that fight.

he then destroyed cano the following december and everyone was going on about great he looked.

then he fights garcia the following march and loses a ud and got dropped in the 11th. it was danny's first fight on the big stage...and even though he looked star struck, he pulled it off.

they rematch 7 months later and danny destroys him.

i think the morales that danny beat twice would have given plenty a run for their money. maidana didn't drop morales. neither did cano.

keith is the truth...and i believe him and danny would be a mega fight. they should let that one marinate. danny has earned his shot at floyd. it's either a showcase bout or floyd imo. he's already paid his dues. keith has not.
Aware
My top 5 would be

1. Mayweather
2. Rigondeaux
3. Ward
4. Marquez
5. Martinez

To me there is no doubt that Rigondeaux is the more profound boxer when compared to Ward.
checkleft
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 24 2013, 04:34 PM) *
This. danny is good but he's not great.

This. But he's young, plenty of time for him to grow into a great fighter.
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 05:10 PM) *
i'm not really one for pound for pound lists. i think they should be reserved for guys who have completed their careers...but if we are going to create mythical lists...which pit one fighter against another regardless of weight...and we are looking at their skill set and accomplishment, i cannot put a klitschko on that list. sorry...it needed to be said.

1. floyd mayweather
2. bernard hopkins
3. juan manuel lopez
4. andre ward
5. guillermo rigondeaux
6. danny garcia
7. sergio martinez
8. nonito donaire
9. manny pacquiao
10. tim bradley

a few of these guys are interchangeable...and the 'what have u done for me lately' rule applies. this is just off the top.

solid list. I would have Bradley higher than pac though and definitely higher than Danny. To me Danny would squeak in the top ten with nonito out and froch somewhere in there.

How the fuck did lopez crack your list!!! Pro? I'm telling you! Your feeling yourself get that man out of there before he gets hurt!

I would say mares should still be there but that's just me.
mgrover
I think he should fight Broner and Maidana, maybe Lopez if he wants to move to 147 as a feeler.
klonopinz
juan manuel lopez? you mean marquez right
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 24 2013, 05:16 PM) *
This. But he's young, plenty of time for him to grow into a great fighter.

solid list. I would have Bradley higher than pac though and definitely higher than Danny. To me Danny would squeak in the top ten with nonito out and froch somewhere in there.

How the fuck did lopez crack your list!!! Pro? I'm telling you! Your feeling yourself get that man out of there before he gets hurt!

I would say mares should still be there but that's just me.

oops. unsure.gif i meant marquez. laugh.gif

pac's victories are tainted imo by catchweights and what not. i put him ahead of bradley because of his career defining wins over morales, barrera and marquez.

can't put mares on that list with the gifts he's been given. eric gomez knows they had help from that ref. i knew they weren't going to be able to protect him forever.

sorry man...i can't put froch on any lists.
truth
Garcia is good fighter but top five no as far as thurman im not sold on him he has decent power but fundamentally hes not quite there yet i think garcia would edge him
Plah
Not yet, but slowly getting there
daprofessor
thurman is the truth. he's going to be the next kingpin at 147.
truth
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 10:28 PM) *
thurman is the truth. he's going to be the next kingpin at 147.

He could hes just not there yet i think catches fits against someone can box hes to wild and relies on his power thats why i think garcia edges in a close fight
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 05:10 PM) *

1. floyd mayweather
2. bernard hopkins
3. juan manuel marquez
4. andre ward
5. guillermo rigondeaux
6. danny garcia
7. sergio martinez
8. nonito donaire
9. manny pacquiao
10. tim bradley

oops.

Spot on imo

Rig goes #8 tho...

Bradley ahead of Garcia
bnoles4life
Hmmmmm....if I wanted to play devil's advocate/conspiracy theorist...I could say, maybe Brother Naz is doing Bernard's heavy lifting for GBP. Believe me, I've come to grips that Danny is better than I thought he was, but I dunno....
Hotsauce
I think danny is top 10
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 25 2013, 12:41 AM) *
Hmmmmm....if I wanted to play devil's advocate/conspiracy theorist...I could say, maybe Brother Naz is doing Bernard's heavy lifting for GBP. Believe me, I've come to grips that Danny is better than I thought he was, but I dunno....

That definitely could be it, cause Bernard is riding swift pretty hard right now. And brother naz is a pretty respected figure on the boxing community, one of the most knowledgeable people we have left in the game.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 05:29 PM) *
morales had just lost a majority decision to maidana in april the year prior. many felt he won that fight.

he then destroyed cano the following december and everyone was going on about great he looked.

then he fights garcia the following march and loses a ud and got dropped in the 11th. it was danny's first fight on the big stage...and even though he looked star struck, he pulled it off.

they rematch 7 months later and danny destroys him.

i think the morales that danny beat twice would have given plenty a run for their money. maidana didn't drop morales. neither did cano.

keith is the truth...and i believe him and danny would be a mega fight. they should let that one marinate. danny has earned his shot at floyd. it's either a showcase bout or floyd imo. he's already paid his dues. keith has not.

I think Danny ison his way to greatness, but I dint think he's a Mayweather worthy opponent just becasue he's the champ at 140. Mayweather just fought and beat the 154lb champ. How can they sell him fighting the 140lb champ at this point?

I do like the Kieth Thurman/Danny Garcia Matchup. I think Garcia/Mayweather Jr jr is as big as DLH/Mosley back in the day. I like Danny and see big things from him in the near future.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 25 2013, 06:15 AM) *
I think Danny ison his way to greatness, but I dint think he's a Mayweather worthy opponent just becasue he's the champ at 140. Mayweather just fought and beat the 154lb champ. How can they sell him fighting the 140lb champ at this point?

I do like the Kieth Thurman/Danny Garcia Matchup. I think Garcia/Mayweather Jr jr is as big as DLH/Mosley back in the day. I like Danny and see big things from him in the near future.

saw video recently of thurman showing love for danny. not sure this or the broner fight happens...but they're all interesting match ups. i'd have to favor thurman over all of them. i'd say thurman gives floyd a run for his money...but that match ain't getting made anytime soon. thurman wants it now.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 25 2013, 12:44 PM) *
saw video recently of thurman showing love for danny. not sure this or the broner fight happens...but they're all interesting match ups. i'd have to favor thurman over all of them. i'd say thurman gives floyd a run for his money...but that match ain't getting made anytime soon. thurman wants it now.

How many times do I have to tell you, BandCamp Ho laugh.gif

And at the 2nd bolded, NO! He ain't ready for that and I don't know if he'll ever be, but I see a title in Thurman's future...isn't he the mandatory for the belt Adrien has now?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 04:10 PM) *

1. floyd mayweather
2. bernard hopkins
3. juan manuel marquez
4. andre ward
5. guillermo rigondeaux
6. danny garcia
7. sergio martinez
8. nonito donaire
9. manny pacquiao
10. tim bradley

oops.

Yes, I agree that more than a few of your guys are interchangeable because there is no way in the world that Danny G should be ahead of Tim Bradley.

1. Floyd
2. Ward
3. JMM
4. Bradley
5. Martinez
6. BHop because of the 1 loss to Dawson
7. Mickey Garcia
8. Danny G
9. Rigo
10. Klitschko

Honorable mention 11. Donaire
If I was going based on skills then the list would look vastly different, I'm simply going on caliber of opponents and whether they won or lost, now way Pac makes the list with 2 losses in a row (regardless of whether or not you think the Bradley decision was correct or not).

Skillwise it would look like this:

1. Floyd
2. Rigo
3. BHop
4. Ward
5. JMM
6. Bradley
7. Mickey G
8. Martinez
9. Danny
10. Donaire
checkleft
I'm not sold on mikey yet. His comp. has been limited
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 25 2013, 06:10 PM) *
How many times do I have to tell you, BandCamp Ho laugh.gif

And at the 2nd bolded, NO! He ain't ready for that and I don't know if he'll ever be, but I see a title in Thurman's future...isn't he the mandatory for the belt Adrien has now?

laugh.gif
Franchize
Top 10 maybe. Not Top 5. Maybe top 5 in terms of "what have you done for me lately" but as far as skill and talent...I don't have him in my top 5.

1. Money
2. Ward
3. Rigo
4. Vitali
5. B-Hop
6. Marquez
7. Martinez
8. Canelo (yea I said it)
9. Trout
10. Any one of the following: Bradley, Alexander, Garcia, GGG, Mikey Garcia
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 26 2013, 01:43 AM) *
laugh.gif

They gon learn to respect Broner lol
Cshel86
If Calzaghe didn't land on your P4P list, then you dont know a "got dang futchin' thang" about boxing, period.

cool.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 26 2013, 02:14 PM) *
If Calzaghe didn't land on your P4P list, then you dont know a "got dang futchin' thang" about boxing, period.

cool.gif

Maaaaaaane....lol. Joe C belongs on that "situational" P4P list....lol.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 26 2013, 02:14 PM) *

cool.gif

Lls... Calzaghe is p4p the biggest rip off to u.k since toothpaste
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 26 2013, 11:07 PM) *
Maaaaaaane....lol. Joe C belongs on that "situational" P4P list....lol.

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Sep 27 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Lls... Calzaghe is p4p the biggest rip off to u.k since toothpaste

laugh.gif

Yall aint right! I guess my troll attempts, on a scale of 1-10, is a big fat ZERO!

daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 25 2013, 11:21 PM) *
I'm not sold on mikey yet. His comp. has been limited

And he quit against Salido.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 26 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Top 10 maybe. Not Top 5. Maybe top 5 in terms of "what have you done for me lately" but as far as skill and talent...I don't have him in my top 5.

1. Money
2. Ward
3. Rigo
4. Vitali
5. B-Hop
6. Marquez
7. Martinez
8. Canelo (yea I said it)
9. Trout
10. Any one of the following: Bradley, Alexander, Garcia, GGG, Mikey Garcia

I disagree with Vitali, trout and Canelo. Danny has a better resume than all 3
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 30 2013, 03:00 PM) *

Vitali has pretty much beaten anyone put in front of him. It's not his fault the division sucks...and I'm not even a Vitali fan. Also, if you re-read my post, I said in terms of talent...not in terms of "what have you done for me lately." Danny has names on his resume' but the Matthysse victory was the first time I looked at Danny and was like "damn I'm impressed."
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 30 2013, 03:24 PM) *
Vitali has pretty much beaten anyone put in front of him. It's not his fault the division sucks...and I'm not even a Vitali fan. Also, if you re-read my post, I said in terms of talent...not in terms of "what have you done for me lately." Danny has names on his resume' but the Matthysse victory was the first time I looked at Danny and was like "damn I'm impressed."

Ok...so when we say "pound for pound" that means...all things being equal. So if klit was the same size as anyone on your list, I can't see him beating any of them. He's not out skilling these horrible heavyweights on his résumé...for the most part, it's his size advantage. Take that away and he's average.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 30 2013, 09:39 PM) *
Ok...so when we say "pound for pound" that means...all things being equal. So if klit was the same size as anyone on your list, I can't see him beating any of them. He's not out skilling these horrible heavyweights on his résumé...for the most part, it's his size advantage. Take that away and he's average.

so lets take away Garcias power and he'd probably of lost to Khan
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 30 2013, 03:00 PM) *

I would have Wlad on there before Vitali.
emd01
Joe Crack P4P laugh.gif ? P4P the best cocaine locator maybe. No way is that dude slapping his way anywhere near a P4P list.

Vitali would kick Wlads ass. Come on now, lets be real here. Vitali has much better technique than Wlads big clumsy ass.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 30 2013, 06:08 PM) *
so lets take away Garcias power and he'd probably of lost to Khan

If khan had a chin implant...maybe.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 30 2013, 06:33 PM) *

Same shit IMO.
daprofessor
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 1 2013, 05:44 PM) *
Joe Crack P4P laugh.gif ? P4P the best cocaine locator maybe. No way is that dude slapping his way anywhere near a P4P list.

Vitali would kick Wlads ass. Come on now, lets be real here. Vitali has much better technique than Wlads big clumsy ass.

Better technique than the sorry versions of today's heavyweights.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2013, 12:33 AM) *
If khan had a chin implant...maybe.

Well if all things equals either Khan has Garcias chin or vice versa
Franchize
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 30 2013, 07:33 PM) *

Not me. Wlad is way more vulnerab;e than Vitali. Vitali simply doesn't get beat up. I've seen Wlad get beat up numerous times. I wasn't even impressed with his win over David Haye. IMO, they both looked like shit.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 2 2013, 10:42 AM) *
Not me. Wlad is way more vulnerab;e than Vitali. Vitali simply doesn't get beat up. I've seen Wlad get beat up numerous times. I wasn't even impressed with his win over David Haye. IMO, they both looked like shit.

Vitali is the tougher of the two, but Wlad is the better boxer.
Cshel86
Brother Naz is my pastor!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.