Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: >>>GREATEST OF ALL TIME DEBATE<<<
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JayHov513
This debate can easily be solved. ESPN should do a "Number Never Lie" episode on the greatest boxers of all time.
They can take all the criteria from boxers careers and come up with the greatest boxer according to the numbers.
For example: equate CAREER TOTAL rounds won/loss, punches landed/missed, knockouts, knockdowns etc..
If these numbers are averaged out Mayweather just may be the Greatest of ALL TIME!
bnoles4life
Here we go again....
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 26 2013, 09:57 PM) *
Here we go again....

This is why I say we need a rule on these fuckin rookies coming here making threads. It needs to be some kind of post count where you have to have so many posts before you make a thread. FML, Why me lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 26 2013, 11:13 PM) *
This is why I say we need a rule on these fuckin rookies coming here making threads. It needs to be some kind of post count where you have to have so many posts before you make a thread. FML, Why me lol

laugh.gif
checkleft
Let me beat cshels to it....

Calzaghe.
Amandla
In terms of impact on the sport, making it popular and using his position to make a statement theres not really any that can line up next to Ali, Louis, Robinson and Jack Johnson.

I find it hard to seperate Louis and Ali. I mean whats greatness?

A bunch of stats does not make greatness. And then I think about the way Robinson contributed to the sport and I'm on his side.
mgrover
oh come on guys its clearly Pac

/sarcasm
emd01
QUOTE (JayHov513 @ Sep 26 2013, 06:42 PM) *
This debate can easily be solved. ESPN should do a "Number Never Lie" episode on the greatest boxers of all time.
They can take all the criteria from boxers careers and come up with the greatest boxer according to the numbers.
For example: equate CAREER TOTAL rounds won/loss, punches landed/missed, knockouts, knockdowns etc..
If these numbers are averaged out Mayweather just may be the Greatest of ALL TIME!

Compubox has only been around since the 80s so youd have to have someone go back and count all those punches thrown, landed and missed.

My vote is get Larry Merchant to do it with Jim Lampley with his granny glasses as an assistant. Then we could all be sure it would be fair and unbiased and Pacquiao would be the GOAT like anyone with half a brain already knows anyway rolleyes_anim.gif .
Franchize
Yo seriously, how long are you guys in sig jail? laugh.gif
Jack 1000
This is an obvious troll and a strong Internet rule is don't feed the trolls. Thread closed.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.