Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan vs Mayweather
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kratza
Please someone tell Khan no MF wants to see this fight... What has he done to earn his right to a payday with the big dog, Garcia deserves this fight more than anyone right now and does anyone really believe Hopkins was serious about coming down to 160 and if he was (I think he was joking) do you think the fight will be made?
Cshel86
Oh God no! Just go away Khan!

Even in this shaky stage of his career, he still feels entitled to something. I mean sheesh, I would be the first to stand up and say that I was predicting this fight to happen years ago...back when I was excited about it. Then came the Peterson fight...that fight raised more questions, than answers.

As far as I'm concerned, Khan has some a little bit of lifting to do. I didn't even think that Guerrero deserved a shot, but at least he came back after an injury and fought two WWs. I guess we can call it "even Steven", if people wanna say that Bradley ducked Khan to get a big payday against Manny. Khan appears to be doing to same, accept he's waiting on Floyd.

Floyd shouldn't expect ANY credit for taking this fight, and Khan should feel ashamed for even thinking that he deserves it. It's not about whether or not Khan is a PPV attraction and so on, its more about how he's looked in his last few fights. At this point, we already know that Floyd is doing it for the money and he pretty much knows that his career is going to end on a light note, but c'mon Khan, don't add insult to injury.

This crap reminds me of a cat on the basketball court on Saturday morning...waiting for somebody to pick him up, after a dude already has his 5. Just take a seat dude, you can get "downs" on the next go 'round.
NoCatchweights
I told yall Khan didn't want it with Devon, who was the guy on here saying Khan would walk thru Devon's combos and KO Devon? People take the hype to heart and can't let it go. Also it's about time Devon get some respect, he is around the age of Terrence Crawford and Devon's resume is ten times better.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2013, 01:52 PM) *

Even in this shaky stage of his career, he still feels entitled to something. I mean sheesh, I would be the first to stand up and say that I was predicting this fight to happen years ago...back when I was excited about it. Then came the Peterson fight...that fight raised more questions, than answers.

As far as I'm concerned, Khan has some a little bit of lifting to do. I didn't even think that Guerrero deserved a shot, but at least he came back after an injury and fought two WWs. I guess we can call it "even Steven", if people wanna say that Bradley ducked Khan to get a big payday against Manny. Khan appears to be doing to same, accept he's waiting on Floyd.

Floyd shouldn't expect ANY credit for taking this fight, and Khan should feel ashamed for even thinking that he deserves it. It's not about whether or not Khan is a PPV attraction and so on, its more about how he's looked in his last few fights. At this point, we already know that Floyd is doing it for the money and he pretty much knows that his career is going to end on a light note, but c'mon Khan, don't add insult to injury.

This crap reminds me of a cat on the basketball court on Saturday morning...waiting for somebody to pick him up, after a dude already has his 5. Just take a seat dude, you can get "downs" on the next go 'round.

Actually.....that's not a bad fight right there, now is it? RG vs AK....they'd fight for the right to fight someone else NOT named Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 27 2013, 01:59 PM) *
I told yall Khan didn't want it with Devon, who was the guy on here saying Khan would walk thru Devon's combos and KO Devon? People take the hype to heart and can't let it go. Also it's about time Devon get some respect, he is around the age of Terrence Crawford and Devon's resume is ten times better.

They're protecting their investments. drag.gif
Franchize
If he beats Alexander, I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. I don't however want to see him sit on the shelf waiting for this like he's accomplished something. He'd better fight someone worth talking about soon. I don't see why he won't fight Devon. If you can't beat Devon, you don't have a shot at beating Floyd anyway. If Floyd took this fight, it would clearly be about him throwing Khan a bone to get some of that UK money.
Franchize
Yea no excuse for this. If you're trying to revive your career, you don't dodge any fights against competition with solid exposure.
The Original MrFactor
It would be funny if Mayweather didnt fight him. A lot can happen in 8-10 months. If Alexander wins against Judah, shit, wouldnt he be a more viable opponent than the guy who refused to fight? Khan lost to Danny garcia. I'd think Danny should have a leg up. Khan just ran from a beating. i think Devon was gonna tap that chin.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 27 2013, 02:32 PM) *
If he beats Alexander, I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. I don't however want to see him sit on the shelf waiting for this like he's accomplished something. He'd better fight someone worth talking about soon. I don't see why he won't fight Devon. If you can't beat Devon, you don't have a shot at beating Floyd anyway. If Floyd took this fight, it would clearly be about him throwing Khan a bone to get some of that UK money.

While I'm extra careful in investing in that "triangle", THIS^^^^^. If you can't deal w/ Devon, the MF behind door #3 ain't no laughing matter.....AT ALL.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2013, 02:41 PM) *
It would be funny if Mayweather didnt fight him. A lot can happen in 8-10 months. If Alexander wins against Judah, shit, wouldnt he be a more viable opponent than the guy who refused to fight? Khan lost to Danny garcia. I'd think Danny should have a leg up. Khan just ran from a beating. i think Devon was gonna tap that chin.

yeah...there in lies the "rub". I'm sure Floyd wants Amir to seem viable, as it's a ton of cash and likely a good KO. However; Floyd knows it's a lil' too far fetched to convince the world, this dude w/ fine china for a chin, who was dropped by Julio Diaz (yeah, who?), can beat him.
Dolimite
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 12:02 PM) *
yeah...there in lies the "rub". I'm sure Floyd wants Amir to seem viable, as it's a ton of cash and likely a good KO. However; Floyd knows it's a lil' too far fetched to convince the world, this dude w/ fine china for a chin, who was dropped by Julio Diaz (yeah, who?), can beat him.

This would be the first fight I would boycott if Floyd decided to fight Khan. Khan has done nothing to get this fight. He gets knocked out more than any other fighter. He should fight Victor Ortiz in an "I quit match." this is some bullshit. How can Floyd justify fighting Khan and not Danny Garcia? Let the spin begin!
jazz
I have purchased every one of Mayweather's PPV events. However, if this is true and he fights Khan in his next fight without Khan fighting or beating a quality junior welterweight or welterweight opponent, I will not purchase that fight. Of all the fighers at 140 and 147, Khan is the least deserving of a shot at Mayweather. Anyone with half a brain knows that Khan is pulling out of the Alexander fight because he knows there is a very good chance that he will lose and will miss out on a fight versus Mayweather.
bnoles4life
WTF is Kel Brooks?
mgrover
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 09:11 PM) *
WTF is Kel Brooks?

English fighter, fairly solid fundamentals, yet years behind Khan in terms of experience and opposition
Kratza
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2013, 06:52 PM) *

Man I was excited for this fight too... Before he got beaten up by "the fourth judge" and TKO'd by the "lucky punch", if this fight was made it would be quite exciting and I'd expect a late stoppage from Mayweather
iroc1976
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 27 2013, 02:44 PM) *
This would be the first fight I would boycott if Floyd decided to fight Khan. Khan has done nothing to get this fight. He gets knocked out more than any other fighter. He should fight Victor Ortiz in an "I quit match." this is some bullshit. How can Floyd justify fighting Khan and not Danny Garcia? Let the spin begin!

Floyd will fight khan in wimbley stadium in london which holds a little over 80,000 compared to the MGM which holds over 16,000. Low Risk High Reward!
mrchitown
Hope it doesn't happen because Amir hasn't fought nobody at welter, some were saying that Kevin Cunningham was full of it and it appears he may be right when he said Amir wants to style away from a fight with Devon and go straight to Floyd. If it happens it's just another easy payday for Floyd. Khan can't afford anymore losses and he's in a hurry to add another one, he's about to become a non factor in Boxing and that's sad for somebody who could've been so great
mrchitown
QUOTE (iroc1976 @ Sep 27 2013, 06:21 PM) *
Floyd will fight khan in wimbley stadium in london which holds a little over 80,000 compared to the MGM which holds over 16,000. Low Risk High Reward!

Who gives a shit about Wembley, it may sell out but them PPV numbers might not be impressive. Hardcore fans won't really buy a fight against guy who gets knocked out by toothbrushes. And he hasn't fought nobody at welter and he just slipped out of a fight that could've brought him a title and more bargaining power to the table. If this fight happens then it's something I probably wouldn't watch. And that's saying a lot since I'm a fan of Mayweather and Khan. It's more to revenue then a stadium, Showtime might take an L with this one
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 27 2013, 02:44 PM) *

I was saying if Khan was to beat Devon then maybe he should get that shot but bitching out on a title fight just to jump to a big fight that you don't deserve, eh, it's ridiculous. it's kinda like a two way street though, khan doesn't deserve the fight and I don't know how successful the promotion would be after Floyd KO's him he becomes irrelevant. He's had too many losses to close together, if he loses to Floyd I don't think he'd ever recover. Maybe it should happen just to get rid of him
checkleft
Khan has a better resume than guerrero did. Don't see why you guys are so riled up when I was saying this about guerrero a year ago. At least khan has been fighting people, so why wouldn't he think he can talk himself into a fight with Floyd if guerrero did it with less..
checkleft
And the way Alexander fights, I'm not surprised these guys keep dropping out of fights with him. Not only is his fight game unappealing its a terrible style fight against. He did it to himself, ever since the Bradley fight he's been fighting like his Passion is gone.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2013, 06:49 PM) *
Khan has a better resume than guerrero did. Don't see why you guys are so riled up when I was saying this about guerrero a year ago. At least khan has been fighting people, so why wouldn't he think he can talk himself into a fight with Floyd if guerrero did it with less..

You weren't the only one on here against the Guerrero fight, Professor was one of few who was into that fight. But what I will say is at least Guerrero fought and beat 2 welterweights. Khan does have a better resume but at lower weight classes and he does have a name. But this is a what have you done for me lately thing...what has Amir done recently to warrant that fight? you can make the case for Ortiz when he beat Berto in a FOTY candidate and won a belt, you can make the case for Guerrero because he beat 2 solid fighters at 147 before he challenged Floyd, you could make the case for Canelo even because he technically beat Trout by decision. Where the case for Amir? Resume? It's plenty of that out there, if we going by that then that only proves why Danny should fight Floyd before Amir
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2013, 06:51 PM) *
And the way Alexander fights, I'm not surprised these guys keep dropping out of fights with him. Not only is his fight game unappealing its a terrible style fight against. He did it to himself, ever since the Bradley fight he's been fighting like his Passion is gone.

It's kinda funny though that the two fighters (Kell, Khan) dropped out of fights with Devon are from the UK lol. I think he would've beaten both of them
Gambit808
I'm pretty sure Floyd ain't worried about no talks of fights being made until after November-December, which is why I won't look at this as being something set in stone just yet, but boy is Khan showin a real chump side of himself at the moment. I mean of course it's a smart move to benefit himself (if he gets the fight), but this dude been gettin knocked around and out by smaller (dare I say) lesser opponents than Mayweather, not rematch any of his defeats or close fights, not even face a legitimate WW before shooting towards the money pot. He just wanna cash out and dive in the pool that a Great white shark swim in SMFH... Either way u wanna look at it though, Khan really played his self backing out of that fight. It's no one to blaim if he puts his self on the shelf for a year, only to find out something else came up... And if he gets it, I personally feel the Alexander fight would've gave him some sort of assurance about a fight with Floyd.
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2013, 06:51 PM) *

The thing about that is Devon only had four fights since than, he walked over Purdy as he should and the other 3 fights were Matthysse, Maidana and Bailey, 3 guys who would KO you if you get flashy, look at Mike Jones. So those fights aren't a fair representation. If Khan was so good he would have embarrassed a spoiler.
iroc1976
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 27 2013, 06:32 PM) *
Who gives a shit about Wembley, it may sell out but them PPV numbers might not be impressive. Hardcore fans won't really buy a fight against guy who gets knocked out by toothbrushes. And he hasn't fought nobody at welter and he just slipped out of a fight that could've brought him a title and more bargaining power to the table. If this fight happens then it's something I probably wouldn't watch. And that's saying a lot since I'm a fan of Mayweather and Khan. It's more to revenue then a stadium, Showtime might take an L with this one

As a hard core fan I agree! However you have to look at it from a business point of view. Coming off the Canelo fight and with 4 fights left and no one at 47 or 54 that has a serious fan base that's the only available option. Sergio isn't even due back until sometime in mid 2014 so what can they do besides a fight in London?
Amandla
This makes me sick. Man should have the balls to take a fight this Christmas.
Amandla
Looks like Khan is just looking for a payday and retirement.

I can see him getting sparked out. Here's Mayweather's chance to prove he still got that KO power.

I used to have some respect for Amir Khan but I'm tired of him. He hasn't pulled himself up since the Garcia fight. Like a lot of us fans he underestimated the kid. When he was with Roach he was stacking up that resume and now he's just thinning it out.

I want him to man up or GTFO of the sport.

Asshole.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 27 2013, 07:39 PM) *
You weren't the only one on here against the Guerrero fight, Professor was one of few who was into that fight. But what I will say is at least Guerrero fought and beat 2 welterweights. Khan does have a better resume but at lower weight classes and he does have a name. But this is a what have you done for me lately thing...what has Amir done recently to warrant that fight? you can make the case for Ortiz when he beat Berto in a FOTY candidate and won a belt, you can make the case for Guerrero because he beat 2 solid fighters at 147 before he challenged Floyd, you could make the case for Canelo even because he technically beat Trout by decision. Where the case for Amir? Resume? It's plenty of that out there, if we going by that then that only proves why Danny should fight Floyd before Amir

Solid welterweights? Aydin is a one handed hype job and berto hasn't had a significant win in years. Point blank guerrero didn't deserve the fight he talked his way into it and khan doesn't deserve it either.
KOpower
I think Khan needs to fight Alexander after his last few fights. Khan does have some solid wins (Paulie, dominating Judah, Maidana) and the controversial loss to Perterson is up there as well. With that being said, he got KO'd by Garcia and looked sloppy in his last fight. Alexander is a good opponent and a win over him adds to the resume.
CrazyBuffalO
Khan should just do his fight in Pakistan. Then after the fight a Suicide Bomber blows up the whole stadium.
sduck
No one deserves the fight more than Danny Garcia, sorry Khan.
mrchitown
QUOTE (iroc1976 @ Sep 27 2013, 11:44 PM) *
As a hard core fan I agree! However you have to look at it from a business point of view. Coming off the Canelo fight and with 4 fights left and no one at 47 or 54 that has a serious fan base that's the only available option. Sergio isn't even due back until sometime in mid 2014 so what can they do besides a fight in London?

I respect the UK aspect of it, but Khan is not no world beater, he has looked like shit in his last few fights. And Khan only has a serious fan base over in the UK but even that's suspect because there's a lot of stuff going around about his popularity being over hyped
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 28 2013, 09:25 AM) *
Solid welterweights? Aydin is a one handed hype job and berto hasn't had a significant win in years. Point blank guerrero didn't deserve the fight he talked his way into it and khan doesn't deserve it either.

I like Berto, he was a champ at 147, he is a solid opponent in my opinion, Aydin was on his way to bigger fights if he kept winning granted I do believe he's technically limited. But at least he fought at the weight, your right neither deserves it. But this is Boxing and it's not a perfect world, Khan is likely to land the bout but I just think he should've fought Devon and then he could've went after that fight next year
CrazyBuffalO
I've got an even better idea! Since Floyd fought Canelo on a catchweight, Amir Khan and Nonito Donaire should fight each other on a catchweight! lol
Cshel86
Put it this way, if Canelo took a chance against Trout (before the Mayweather fight was made), then Khan needs to do the same with the Alexander fight. We all made several points that Canelo hadn't fought anybody, and the Trout fight was a chance to prove himself.

Khan has fought almost every body, but he's lost and looked more and more fragile in the process...if he would've impressed against Devon (whom we all hated the idea of Floyd fighting earlier this year), then I would lay off of him.

I hate to be the guy to say that fighter "A" ducked fighter "B", but this is a clear duck in this case...regardless of the business move. Khan and Golden Boy knows that this is a fragile situation, but damn, nobody wants to see this biscuit-chin dude whine is way into a big fight. Devon's boring, but Devon's been fighting (aside from his injury).
mgrover
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 28 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Khan should just do his fight in Pakistan. Then after the fight a Suicide Bomber blows up the whole stadium.

that just tasteless smh
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 28 2013, 03:36 PM) *
that just tasteless smh

Come on MG
What isn't funny about senselessly killing innocent unsuspecting civilians?

Amandla
Does anyone think this story is a little suspect given that Khan is still in training camp and hasn't said anything except release pictures of himself preparing for the Alexander fight?

And who's doing the playing here...Cunningham?

EDIT:
OOH! They changed it on Boxrec. Alexander cancelled and Mayweather on the 3rd May. This is weird.
emd01
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 27 2013, 03:32 PM) *

laugh.gif

No way i'm buying a PPV with Mayweather vs Khan. That shit had better be on regular cable. Floyd would beast through Khan like he wasnt shit.
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2013, 07:49 PM) *

Yea but he's also been taking L's. I too didn't think Guerrero deserved the Mayweather fight but he did squeeze in some decent victories right before. Khan hasn't looked good in a fight in ages.
MAHDI
A UK fight and KO of Khan would be great financially
Dolimite
QUOTE (iroc1976 @ Sep 27 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Low risk low reward. He would get 0 credit from me. And I am big Mayweather fan but I would actually be pissed off if he fought Khan. What would fighting Khan prove?
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 27 2013, 03:36 PM) *
I was saying if Khan was to beat Devon then maybe he should get that shot but bitching out on a title fight just to jump to a big fight that you don't deserve, eh, it's ridiculous. it's kinda like a two way street though, khan doesn't deserve the fight and I don't know how successful the promotion would be after Floyd KO's him he becomes irrelevant. He's had too many losses to close together, if he loses to Floyd I don't think he'd ever recover. Maybe it should happen just to get rid of him

Chi, Khan should fight Devon so if he looks sloppy or even gets KO then the May fight would be a non starter. I am not paying for this bullshit fight. Khan has beaten no one! He got a gift against Diaz and too be honest this fight would be over by the 8th round. I am not supporting this fight Chi. Off topic, is Derrick Rose going to be ready for the opener?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 27 2013, 05:35 PM) *
English fighter, fairly solid fundamentals, yet years behind Khan in terms of experience and opposition

LOL....the "W" in this particular "WTF" is WHERE.
Jack 1000
Good luck Showtime, finding success with this as a $60+ PPV. It would be big in England, but nowhere else. This one should be on regular Showtime. VERY FEW, outside of the UK would buy this as a PPV.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 28 2013, 04:31 PM) *
laugh.gif

No way i'm buying a PPV with Mayweather vs Khan. That shit had better be on regular cable. Floyd would beast through Khan like he wasnt shit.

Floyd would rip through Khan easier than a hot knife through melted butter. Do you think the Brits would be smart enough to see this fight as a mismatch? Or would they be blindsided by Khan's name and the 10% chance that he could catch Floyd on a blitz with a big punch? In short, will be Brits be CONNED into thinking that this is a solid fight? I see Khan as sort of like Hamed. However, the Brits don't like Khan as much as they loved Hamed. And Hamed was a better fighter than Khan.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 29 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Floyd would rip through Khan easier than a hot knife through melted butter. Do you think the Brits would be smart enough to see this fight as a mismatch? Or would they be blindsided by Khan's name and the 10% chance that he could catch Floyd on a blitz with a big punch? In short, will be Brits be CONNED into thinking that this is a solid fight? I see Khan as sort of like Hamed. However, the Brits don't like Khan as much as they loved Hamed. And Hamed was a better fighter than Khan.

Jack

The Mayweather-Khan fight could be a bluff by Floyd and his people, with the REAL next opponent being Danny Garcia. We'll see!

Jack
Kratza
You guys saying you wouldn't buy the PPV but Khan had always been an entertaining fighter even I'm his losses, no, he doesn't deserve the fight but I'll be watching his ass get put down and I bet it will have a pretty nice undercard to
Kratza
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 29 2013, 06:37 PM) *
The Mayweather-Khan fight could be a bluff by Floyd and his people, with the REAL next opponent being Danny Garcia. We'll see!

Jack

This is the fight I want to see, he's done this before saying Alexander was his next, Garcia is the only real deserving guy right now outside of the middleweight division
Kratza
What do you guys make of the Hopkins situation aswell
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.