Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez vs. Bradley: Preview and Poll!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Vote Now in our Preview and Prediction poll for the upcoming Juan-Marquez Tim Bradley World Welterweight Championship fight. October 12th 2013 on PPV. Who will win and why?

Jack

Administrator
xxxxxx
I could see a Draw or close MD,SD or UD for either fighter, but for some reason I believe Marquez gets the nod. Possible rematch situation. My hope is we get a fair decision here if it goes to cards.
emd01
I think Bradley takes it by UD. I think he beats JMM convincingly.
Jack 1000
My vote is Marquez close decision.

This has the makings of Majority Decision, Split Decision, or Draw written all over it. BUT some people whom I respect believe that BOTH Manny and Juan juiced for their 4th fight. You have to keep in the back of your mind. Where did Marquez get this herculean-like power to KO Manny? I don't know and have no proof of this. What it means however is that IF Manny brings that power with him to the Bradley fight and Tim tries a war, he will feel that power and a couple of knockdowns against Bradley could be the difference in the fight.

If Tim boxes well and uses the angles to avoid a war he can and should won. Notice how in the Ruslan fight, when he boxed, the big Russian couldn't get to him, but when he brawled, he came close to getting TKFO. I think Tim is going to try to be an exciting brawler in this one, and his chin lets him down again, and I could see two big knockdowns scored by Marquez the difference in why Marquez wins the fight. I think Bradley may have some damaged goods from the Ruslan fight. Can't feel confident in my pick. It all depends on Tim using a boxing strategy to win. Marquez has trouble with movers, and Bradley knows this, but he's gonna make a mistake and force a brawl. At least in spots, and that will cost him.

Marquez might get a close decision just to keep the stupid general public into talking about a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. I would like Bradley to win to silence the talk once and for all.

Jack
checkleft
Isn't the cotto fight this week? I thought this was next week?

Either way these are pretty good match ups, good way to start off the month.
Cshel86
Im not even sure who to pull for in this one. Marquez is ope jab away from having a permanent crater in his face, from all of that scar tissue. Bradley is one more hook away from his brain doing a permanent tap dance in that chrome dome of his.

Seriously though, Im sure both of these dudes took a pay cut to take this fight, but if you think about it, both of them aren't really on the A-side of anything concerning PPV sales. I said that to say, if it goes to the cards, it's all about who will make Bob more money in a Pacquiao rematch...I think we ALL know who that is.

Anyhow, I'm not moonlighting over Juan's KO of Manny, but I believe he can catch Timmy slipping in this one, and possibly stop him. I say that because, I believe Bradley will get comfortable with the fact that Juan isn't a real WW, therefore, he'll probably think that Juan cant hurt him...which we all know, will lead to him fighting the wrong fight.

Bradley did himself an injustice by fighting that Provodnikov fight, in the manner that he did. He could've saved that silly stuff for this fight. NOW, he has to struggle with the health concerns from the Ruslan fight, and also struggle with trying to impress in this fight.

Again, if this goes to the cards, then Timmy wont get the nod, therefore, he's gotta go for the KO and PROVE (this term is what got him into shitty water in that Ruslan fight), that people need to pay for his rematch with Manny, IF that happens...the only way it happens, is if he stop Marquez. Bob is gonna do his best to squeeze one more meaningful fight outta Marquez's old ass, so there's no need to delay a Pac/JMM V fight.

Marquez by TKO (corner stoppage)

PS: Let's all pray for no SERIOUS CUTS in this fight.
Franchize
I really have no idea who will win, but I've said for over a year now, this fight will be boring, filled with fouls and shadiness, and won't do either fighter much justice.
mitukczuk
Are you all forgetting about Bradley's biggest weapon?.....His massive head!!!

I think this fight could be similar to Bradley/Alexander.....All the makings of a great fight, but a let down and bs cut stoppage at the end. Hard to say.

I like both these guys equally. There is something about Timmy, that does not allow me to doubt him. On the other hand, Marquez is Marquez. True mexican warrior with some serious boxing ability. As I said in another thread, I think that he is the smartest dude in the game right now...behind Floyd and B-Hop. And tht's what will make the difference imo. Bradley is a dumb boxer. I repeat myself but I think it's true....Once a boxer decides to brawl with a brwaler, he is stupid in my book and there is no coming back from that one. Therefore although I like Bradley's style, grit and will...I think his fucked up brain lets him down again.

Marquez UD or late stoppage (Juan Baby Bull Diaz style)
The Original MrFactor
I think Bradley takes a decision. I think he simply outworks Marquez. I do think it goes the distance and Bradley wins 115-113 on at least 2 of the 3 official cards.
AZWildCat
i feel strongly in the fact that JMM will win by SD or MD. but i cant rule out TB doing the same for obvious reasons one being hes still undefeated two being as many times as we downplay him and underrated him he still rises to the occasion. aside from a "gift" decision Bradley brings his A game every fight. isnt really profound in any area as far as speed power or defense but his preparation and will to win drive this man to the place he is now. the styles they both bring t o the table will make it an exciting fight from bell to bell. while i expect knockdowns i cant see a definite KO maybe a TKO off of a bullshit stoppage but nothing from either corner or fighter as far as flag waving. these two warriors have to much pride for that.

frankly to keep it 100 my wallets on Marquez but ill be rooting for Bradley !
mrchitown
It's a50/50 fight IMO, the Bradley he fought pre-Provdnikov would beat JMM but this new TB has me wondering where he's at mentally...is he going to listen to Diaz? Can JMM lure him into a brawl and stop him? Are there lingering effects of the Provdnikov fight? If Tim boxes I think he takes it, but if he tries to get brave against a boxer like Marquez then he will go down in defeat
checkleft
The thing is even when Tim boxes he is very vulnerable to counters, he hangs his jabs out too long and marquez is one of the best in the sport at countering. But if Tim fights with pressure he risks getting what katsidis and diaz got. It's gonna be interesting
Jack 1000
Undercard is very weak for PPV. This link from Bad Left Hook has information:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/9/18/47448...res-salido-cruz

Jack
Franchize
This shit is PPV?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 3 2013, 02:55 AM) *
Undercard is very weak for PPV. This link from Bad Left Hook has information:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/9/18/47448...res-salido-cruz

Jack

Damn this undercard sucks ass, AND it's $65 (DirecTV)

no2.gif

I may actually HAVE TO go bowling with my girlfriend and her friends (since she wants me there for "couple's bowling"). The bowling alley is 10 mins from my house, so I really dont have an excuse.

I actually compromised and had my mind made up that I was going to skip out on the first two fights, but damn, not even the co-feature is worth the watch. I'll be a casual fan next Saturday night, but be hardcore enough to order it.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2013, 12:20 PM) *
Damn this undercard sucks ass, AND it's $65 (DirecTV)

no2.gif

I may actually HAVE TO go bowling with my girlfriend and her friends (since she wants me there for "couple's bowling"). The bowling alley is 10 mins from my house, so I really dont have an excuse.

I actually compromised and had my mind made up that I was going to skip out on the first two fights, but damn, not even the co-feature is worth the watch. I'll be a casual fan next Saturday night, but be hardcore enough to order it.

This PPV undercard is so fucked that it could be a sock sorting day for Cshel (If he was home) all the way until the main event!!!! hahaha! Probably better to go bowling when the undercard is on, as bowling will be more exciting!

This almost could have been a regular HBO/Showtime kind of match. It's gonna DIE as a PPV.

Jack
BoxingStill#1
I think we've been spoiled so much in recent ppv's that we forgot what a TR card looks like. Haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 3 2013, 01:30 PM) *
This PPV undercard is so fucked that it could be a sock sorting day for Cshel (If he was home) all the way until the main event!!!! hahaha! Probably better to go bowling when the undercard is on, as bowling will be more exciting!

This almost could have been a regular HBO/Showtime kind of match. It's gonna DIE as a PPV.

Jack

Man Jack, i hardly even fold clothes anymore...this "relationship" life has done me a few wonders, so I dont really have to fold clothes or sort socks anymore. laugh.gif

I just texted her, and apparently, bowling is actually starting at 9pm, so she's screwed, in regards to me showing up. It looks like I'm gonna be home for the whole card, after all. I may just crack jokes in the round by round thread, or throw some ribs on the grill and watch the coals burn, til around 11pm for the main event.

I'll make sure to take a nice nap before the card even starts...I almost nodded off while reading the undercard report. Lol

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 3 2013, 02:00 PM) *
I think we've been spoiled so much in recent ppv's that we forgot what a TR card looks like. Haha

laugh.gif

You aint lyin'!!!

They could've done a better job with promoting this fight, but hell, for all we know, Bob could've done everythigng he could, but these guys don't sell much. The past TR cards at least have ONE good co-feature, or one of the "sleeper" fights, ends up being impressive.
DigitalBoom
I have Bradley winning this unless Marquez can land another monster punch which I think he had to risk a hell of a lot in that 4th fight to land..if he doesn't he's going to get his face hemmed up...I see a stoppage in this fight either from Bradley being Ko'd or Marquez's corner stopping it from cuts. You can rejuvenate your body however you want (p90x or Peds) one thing you cannot rejuvenate is that scar tissue around your eyes.
Franchize
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 3 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Jack

LMAO @ "A sock sorting day". I HATE sorting my socks. Shit takes forever dry.gif

I don't see any way this fight doesn't have at least 3 clash of heads.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 3 2013, 01:00 PM) *

Brother you just spit nothing but straight truth
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 3 2013, 01:00 PM) *

AN EPIC ALL-TIME CLASSIC POST!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Jack
checkleft
Come on now lol. You guys think bobs gonna reward the two dudes that nearly killed his money train? Of course he's gonna put Juan and Bradley on a shit card on ppv that will do terrible, betcha that manny card is gonna be solid and probably cost the same.
mgrover
Well Marquez looked very slow against Pac, and maybe thats just Pac being fast, but to me there was a clearly speed difference, if he's that slow again I think Tim will win it, but it he's as fast as Tim, it'll be an interesting how it plays out.
Dolimite
I want Bradley to win so I can see a possible Mayweather fight. I think JMM will tax his ass. JMM is trying to be one of the greatest Mexican fighters ever. Bradley has skill and does everything good but not great. He always finds a way to win. It will be interesting. I want Bradley to win but I am saying JMM will get a UD. 8-4 JMM.
un01
I don't see Marquez getting the Nod if the fight is close. He has to convincingly beat Tim in order to get the decision.
checkleft
After watching some of marquez performances I'm starting to think he might stop Tim. If Tim wins this in big fashion its gonna be a big statement.
MAHDI
I see marquez landing the perfect counter to put HELMET HEAD en route to being stopped in the 9th or 10th. I think Marquez will have a noticeable power advantage. Bradley can talk all he wants Providnikov was teeing off on him... Marquez is accurate and will find that big head often- CAN'T MISS IT
truth
Im picking Bradley by close dec the only way bradley loses is if the damage from prodvoknov take its toll in this match i think if bradley win we will see a mayweather match i believe his contract is up in 2014 and he unlike manny will leave tr. I believe the fight could be huge especially after beating manny no matter how you feel about the win the spin off would also give the illusion that he has a real shot at beating Floyd
emd01
If "Baby Bull" Diaz can almost stop JMM then Bradley should quit boxing if he cant beat an older version...just saying cool.gif . Styles make fights and I think Bradley will show he has a horrible style for JMM. I say JMMs scar tissue will be a huge factor in this fight when you combine it with Tim "Wreckit Ralph" Bradleys big ass head.
checkleft
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 8 2013, 11:27 PM) *
If "Baby Bull" Diaz can almost stop JMM then Bradley should quit boxing if he cant beat an older version...just saying cool.gif . Styles make fights and I think Bradley will show he has a horrible style for JMM. I say JMMs scar tissue will be a huge factor in this fight when you combine it with Tim "Wreckit Ralph" Bradleys big ass head.

At no point was diaz close to stopping marquez bra. Don't reach lol

He caught him off guard a few times I give him that. Katsidis had marquez in a way worse spot than anyone besides maybe pac in their first fight and Juan got up and arguably won that round. Bradley needs to box his ass off to stay out of trouble, if he tries to brawl and marquez is anywhere near top form he is in trouble.
mgrover
ahh am seeing the missus when this fight is on, looks like ama just wake her up at 4am haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 03:18 AM) *

He caught him off guard a few times I give him that. Katsidis had marquez in a way worse spot than anyone besides maybe pac in their first fight and Juan got up and arguably won that round. Bradley needs to box his ass off to stay out of trouble, if he tries to brawl and marquez is anywhere near top form he is in trouble.

Let that man cook
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 9 2013, 08:33 AM) *
ahh am seeing the missus when this fight is on, looks like ama just wake her up at 4am haha

Do it MG!

If she can wake you up in the middle of the night and ask for a glass of water (like mine does), then she can wake up for boxing...better yet, SHE WILL wake up for some boxing! Put your foot down MG!
Dolimite
You know what really pisses me off, the media constantly asking Juan about his knock out shot against Pac and why won't he fight Pac for a 5th time. The fight is almost a year old and no one ask Pac about fighting Juan. I hate the one sided questioning. It gives no respect to Bradley and 0 to Juan to their fight on Saturday (no advertising has even gone into this fight). It is just like when Rios and Manny went on first take... the entire show was Stephen A Bitch and Skip Baseless asking Rios who would win between Floyd and Pac. Juan is a great fighter and even better person outside of the ring. His legacy and his current or future fights should not be pigeon held with Manny Pacquiao questions.
jtiizzle
Bradley wins EASY work, Marquez struggles every FIGHT. He was down vs katsidis and was losing on the score cards to baby bull diaz. He lost to Freddie norwood and got humiliated by mayweather. If bradley fights the same way he did against pacquaio he wins easy. marquez can't lead in fights and is only good against guys who come straight at you
jtiizzle
marquez has no power at WW and he is a LW unless he does some serious juicing, there is no way marquez punches harder then providnikov bradley will box circles around him to a UD, he is too old and unathletic to beat bradley
checkleft
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 9 2013, 02:36 PM) *
Bradley wins EASY work, Marquez struggles every FIGHT. He was down vs katsidis and was losing on the score cards to baby bull diaz. He lost to Freddie norwood and got humiliated by mayweather. If bradley fights the same way he did against pacquaio he wins easy. marquez can't lead in fights and is only good against guys who come straight at you

Man what's in the water these days? Are triangle theories the new fad? How many people have been humiliated by the BEST p4p fighter in the sport??

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 9 2013, 02:42 PM) *
marquez has no power at WW and he is a LW unless he does some serious juicing, there is no way marquez punches harder then providnikov bradley will box circles around him to a UD, he is too old and unathletic to beat bradley

No power? Cause I could have swore he knocked down and then completely slept one of the most iconic fighters of our time? A guy cotto, margarito, and Bradley couldn't drop or even seriously hurt... Hmm Cshels I'm happy to let em cook! But shit at least make it edible!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 04:37 PM) *
Man what's in the water these days? Are triangle theories the new fad? How many people have been humiliated by the BEST p4p fighter in the sport??

No power? Cause I could have swore he knocked down and then completely slept one of the most iconic fighters of our time? A guy cotto, margarito, and Bradley couldn't drop or even seriously hurt... Hmm Cshels I'm happy to let em cook! But shit at least make it edible!!!

BANDCAMP!
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2013, 02:53 PM) *
Do it MG!

If she can wake you up in the middle of the night and ask for a glass of water (like mine does), then she can wake up for boxing...better yet, SHE WILL wake up for some boxing! Put your foot down MG!

seems like she wants to be awake tongue.gif
jtiizzle
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 02:37 PM) *

It took him 4 try's to do that, he only gets up for Pacquaio we shall seey I'm going with Bradley
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 05:37 PM) *

Any man that punches hard enough to make another man vomit blood has some type of power lol

emd01
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 12:18 AM) *

laugh.gif Really?!? I recall him having JMM on the ropes a couple of times looking like the ref was going to jump in. If i'm not mistaken, hich I may be because its been a few years since I watched it, he had JMM in trouble before JMM set his ass up with that beautiful uppercut. That was a tough, grueling fight for JMM. He didnt just walk in there and KO that kid.
emd01
Now ya'll making me go back and watch this old ass fight.
emd01
Aight...you dudes were right and I was wrong. I'm on round 7 and JMM is whooping Diaz' ass. Diaz wobbled him in the 2nd but JMM is landing cleaner, harder shots. Now, in the 8th he's killing Diaz with uppercuts.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 05:37 PM) *

I really didn't read everything that he posted...I just felt like saying, "Let that man cook"! Seems like I've missed a few opportunities to drop that line around here, LOL.

Update: I read what Jtizzle posted, and most of it seems legit. The parts that stuck out to me, talked about Juan's lack of power at WW (which he really doesn't have much of). If anything, Juan fought the RIGHT WW...somebody that he knows...somebody that he fought 3 previous times. He's yet to get in there with a real WW in Bradley, which I believe will do his best to bully Juan. If you think about it, neither of them have power at WW, so it all comes down to who lands first, flush, and more often.

Gotta love how I'm all over the place with my predictions! First I thought (and still think) that JMM catches Bradley with something coming in, but then I think Bradley will use his size to overwhelm JMM. Oh well, its two days away, I'm ready to shit-talk anybody to the ground about my prediction....but I AINT gonna sig bet on it! Oh yes, Im in full chickenshit mode over here! laugh.gif

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 9 2013, 07:23 PM) *
BANDCAMP!

Go away!

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 9 2013, 09:25 PM) *
seems like she wants to be awake tongue.gif

MG...I thought I taught you better than that.

On fight night, just do the classic act..."Excuse me baby, does this rag smell like Chloroform?"

Quickest way to put her down for the evening!

laugh.gif

checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 10 2013, 08:16 AM) *
Any man that punches hard enough to make another man vomit blood has some type of power lol

I completely forgot about this, one of the few times I was disgusted and amazed at the same time other than this night I had in reno at a tournament.. but that's for another time

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 10 2013, 09:05 AM) *
Now ya'll making me go back and watch this old ass fight.

Who cares! That was a foty! I could watch it a 100 times
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 10 2013, 09:42 AM) *
Aight...you dudes were right and I was wrong. I'm on round 7 and JMM is whooping Diaz' ass. Diaz wobbled him in the 2nd but JMM is landing cleaner, harder shots. Now, in the 8th he's killing Diaz with uppercuts.

Diaz won the early rounds with flurrys but juans shots were stronger and took their toll. Great fight
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2013, 10:01 AM) *
Go away!

Bandcamp never goes away!
Hotsauce
Forgot about this fight
Jack 1000
BoxRec has the officials listed:

Timothy Bradley vs. Juan M. Marquez
Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 12
referee: Robert Byrd | judge: Robert Hoyle | judge: Patricia Morse Jarman | judge: Glenn Feldman
WBO welterweight title

Patricia Jamin sometimes has surprises in her cards, kind of like Steve Weisfeld. But she's good like 75% of the time
Robert Hoyle, no major problems with him. or at least nothing stands out off the top of my head.
Glen Feldman is pretty good I would say.

Robert Byrd's an excellent ref. He's up there with Tony Weeks, Kenny Bayless, and Steve Smoger

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.