Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@3:30PM(ET)/12:30PM:W.Klitschko vs. Povetkin-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight discussion of the LIVE call of this afternoon's Word Heavyweight Championship fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Fight News says late money on Povetkin!

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/late-money...povetkin-227994

Jack
mitukczuk
Wlad should be able to get this win. It will take a few rights and pawing jabs, but he'll get the job done. I just hope his chin won't give up as in some of his previous fights....but, he was a different fighter back then.

I think KO in 9th !
mrchitown
Am I watching a boxing match or a WWE fight? Shit is irritating
mrchitown
Man Povetkin just looked like Trout when Canelo knocked him down lmao
mrchitown
Wladmir is getting his rhythm going now, Povetkin is going to have to do something to off-set that to get off his own offense, but I will say that Povetkin is looking comfortable and unfazed in there. He just has to get his offense going, I like how he's using head movement to get in work his shots.....the ref needs to warn Wladmir about all this holding, it's disgusting
mrchitown
The jab of Klitschko is controlling this fight but at the end of 4rds I'm seeing some fatigue setting in on the part of Wladmir, let's see if Alexander can capitalize off this
mrchitown
I'mma have to see the replay of this alleged KD here in the 7th, the ref is on some bullshit right now
mrchitown
Now the 2nd and 3rd KD's were legit, but I still aint feeling the way this fight is being officiated
jtiizzle
hug fest LOL DAMN
mrchitown
This ref could have and should have took some points from Wladmir because he's constantly pushing him down and holding onto him and leaning on Povetkin....this shit is ridiculous
mrchitown
I'm happy with the point deduction, but those compubox numbers....132-53, damn!
Dolimite
I had to turn from the fight. Not because of the fight because of the fucking negative commentary from the Three Haters. Not every fight is going to be a Ward and Gatti. They shit on the fighters, they shit on the fighting style and they are too damn negative. I wish they were FANS of the sport and not critics.
mrchitown
This was an embarrassment on the part of Wladmir, though it's not all his fault. The ref didn't do anything about it so what fighter wouldn't have kept doing it?
jtiizzle
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 5 2013, 01:47 PM) *
I had to turn from the fight. Not because of the fight because of the fucking negative commentary from the Three Haters. Not every fight is going to be a Ward and Gatti. They shit on the fighters, they shit on the fighting style and they are too damn negative. I wish they were FANS of the sport and not critics.

BRO THE COMMENTARY WAS WARRANTED THAT FIGHT SUCKED, WAY TOO MUCH HUGGING AND PUSHING HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE
mrchitown
Wladmir is John Ruiz reincarnated laugh.gif
Plah
Wlad good as usual, but he got away with a LOT.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 5 2013, 03:47 PM) *

You in the minority here chief, they weren't hating on anything they told 100% truth, you would've known that if you had of stuck around and watched it
mrchitown
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 5 2013, 03:51 PM) *
BRO THE COMMENTARY WAS WARRANTED THAT FIGHT SUCKED, WAY TOO MUCH HUGGING AND PUSHING HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE

Indeed he should have, that was one of the worse HW fights I've ever watched
Dolimite
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 5 2013, 01:51 PM) *

Dude, I understand but shit! This is the same network that sidelined Rigondeaux and that was actually an exciting fight. They shit on any fight that does not have blood and guts type of performances.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 03:53 PM) *
Wladmir is John Ruiz reincarnated laugh.gif

Lmao don't let professor hear you

Heard Wlad did his best Alexander impression!
DigitalBoom
For those who missed the fight...here i'll sum it for ya'll in one image..

Disgusting insult to the sport of boxing..
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 5 2013, 04:03 PM) *
Lmao don't let professor hear you

Heard Wlad did his best Alexander impression!

Professor probably trained Wlad for that fight, he has been MIA lately lol

Idk what Wlad was on but he sure wasn't fighting. He was landing the cleaner shots but he made a concentrated effort to lean on Povetkin and tire him out and when Alexander did try to do some work Wlad would hold in for dear life....he and his brother should retire. I respect them but they just don't know how to fight without being robotic
wolterb
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Professor probably trained Wlad for that fight, he has been MIA lately lol

Idk what Wlad was on but he sure wasn't fighting. He was landing the cleaner shots but he made a concentrated effort to lean on Povetkin and tire him out and when Alexander did try to do some work Wlad would hold in for dear life....he and his brother should retire. I respect them but they just don't know how to fight without being robotic

cmon.
wolterb
this thread got a bitch face on. wlad outclassed povetkin.

dont give me that shit about holding and putting weight on the back of the neck. muhammad ali was a master of this. if you can get away with these things, then they are done. povetkin let it happen for the entire 12 rds, if he can't prevent the clinch then he obv isn't world championship status. Wlad fights robotically is a compliment not a critique, what he fights effectively?
Cshel86
I see that Chi held it down for the most part! All of yall are too much! LOL

The fight wasn't all that impressive, I'll admit that. I mean damn, I was throwing some meat on the grill, and saw the "red" light lit on my DVR, then I saw "boxing" was recording...totally forgot about how early this fight aired.

I caught it at round 7, and my girl was talking to me while it was on. Surprisingly, I was actually LISTENING to her...not my usual practice when boxing is on...which goes to show you how interested I was in this fight after watching the "action". On top of that, I didn't wanna overcook these bleu cheese burgers, so I was in and out. lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 5 2013, 05:32 PM) *
this thread got a bitch face on. wlad outclassed povetkin.

dont give me that shit about holding and putting weight on the back of the neck. muhammad ali was a master of this. if you can get away with these things, then they are done. povetkin let it happen for the entire 12 rds, if he can't prevent the clinch then he obv isn't world championship status. Wlad fights robotically is a compliment not a critique, what he fights effectively?

Well you got the shit so deal with it! Don't ever compare this guy to Ali, EVER! This dude is a great fighter and he and his brother are greatly under appreciated but he fights like a robot and that isn't a compliment. Where the fuck you from where that's considered a compliment? Idaho?

The ref should've been taking points and Povetkin was complaining about getting thrown down like Jake the snake Roberts. The ref didn't take a point til the damn fight was almost over. He held so much he should've been dq'd. Don't tell me Ali did that. Ali held Frazier and Norton behind the head. I agree if you can get away with them they will be done but don't give me this sissy shit in comparing him to Ali. If you call what he did boxing you a bum. Straight up and down. He clinched held. And bear hugged. Ali never did that. And Ali was never known as a serial clincher like Wlad.

And next time quote me instead of this bitch shit! I'm going back to eating my dinner. Lol the nerve of this idiot
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 5 2013, 07:44 PM) *
I see that Chi held it down for the most part! All of yall are too much! LOL

The fight wasn't all that impressive, I'll admit that. I mean damn, I was throwing some meat on the grill, and saw the "red" light lit on my DVR, then I saw "boxing" was recording...totally forgot about how early this fight aired.

I caught it at round 7, and my girl was talking to me while it was on. Surprisingly, I was actually LISTENING to her...not my usual practice when boxing is on...which goes to show you how interested I was in this fight after watching the "action". On top of that, I didn't wanna overcook these bleu cheese burgers, so I was in and out. lol

That fight made me like a little kid watching Hogan and Andre the giant fight at Wretlemania, that's how much clinching this man was doing laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 09:32 PM) *
That fight made me like a little kid watching Hogan and Andre the giant fight at Wretlemania, that's how much clinching this man was doing laugh.gif

It was hard to watch after a while, but it seemed like Povetkin had a horrible game plan, just to add insult to injury.

I'll check back into this thread after they re-air the Klitz fight in a few mins. Guess I'll sort socks til then...
Jack 1000
Well, this is no DVR keeper! hahaha!

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 5 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Well, this is no DVR keeper! hahaha!

Jack

Tell me about it!

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 5 2013, 08:52 PM) *
It was hard to watch after a while, but it seemed like Povetkin had a horrible game plan, just to add insult to injury.

I'll check back into this thread after they re-air the Klitz fight in a few mins. Guess I'll sort socks til then...

You should've sorted the socks when the fight was on, I might have a conversation with my girl, that's how I feel about it..I literally would rather talk to my lady then watch that fight again laugh.gif
ROME
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 5 2013, 04:51 PM) *

This right here.
checkleft
Can't believe I watched this shit.

Made the David haye fight look like ward/gatti
xxxxxx
I gotta give props to Povetkin for putting in a spirited effort, but wasn't enough to land the big punches. Very frustrating to see Wlad get away with so much pushing before the point was deducted late in the fight. Also the leaning and grabbing by Wlad was excessive. The final result most likely wouldnt have been much different however. Wlad is the best Heavyweight of the present time. I'd like to see him fight Chisora or Fury if he beats Haye.
scdrking2
That fight was a farce. Clit should be ashamed of himself.
scdrking2
That fight was a farce. Clit should be ashamed of himself.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2013, 01:59 AM) *
Can't believe I watched this shit.

Made the David haye fight look like ward/gatti

laugh.gif

Yep, pretty much vindicated the huge dish of "f*ck y'all, imma get paid anyway", that Haye served us.
Franchize
Wladimir Klinch-KO. I caught the end of this fight and STILL was pissed I watched it lol
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 08:09 PM) *
Well you got the shit so deal with it! Don't ever compare this guy to Ali, EVER! This dude is a great fighter and he and his brother are greatly under appreciated but he fights like a robot and that isn't a compliment. Where the fuck you from where that's considered a compliment? Idaho?

The ref should've been taking points and Povetkin was complaining about getting thrown down like Jake the snake Roberts. The ref didn't take a point til the damn fight was almost over. He held so much he should've been dq'd. Don't tell me Ali did that. Ali held Frazier and Norton behind the head. I agree if you can get away with them they will be done but don't give me this sissy shit in comparing him to Ali. If you call what he did boxing you a bum. Straight up and down. He clinched held. And bear hugged. Ali never did that. And Ali was never known as a serial clincher like Wlad.

And next time quote me instead of this bitch shit! I'm going back to eating my dinner. Lol the nerve of this idiot

This.

checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/team-alexander-...ou-wish---70325

Wlad talking about how he "tortured" himself to beat povetkin, did he have to torture us to?
mrchitown
I read that crap, I feel like us fans were being tortured watching that mess. That fight was like them saw movies and Wladmir was jigsaw, he tortured all of us until time ran out lol
Franchize
I think Mosley vs Mora was more entertaining than the segment of this fight I saw. How do you have that many knockdowns and STILL have a boring fight?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.