Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45PM(ET)/7:45PM(PT):Cotto vs. Rodriguez-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's return to the ring of Cotto against veteran Rodriguez here. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
I believe Cotto gets battered up and stopped tonight. Delvin is an exceptional puncher, and has the height and reach advantage over Cotto. From what I've seen over the past few years, Cotto is only good for the first 5 or 6 rounds, then he starts getting touched up and using his legs too much from the mid to late rounds.

BoxingStill#1
Cotto is my man.. hands down. But I feel he loses tonight.

I think the move with Freddie only makes him more offensive, leading him into another war type fight. But he's been war torn a bit, and I just don't see him winning.

Unless hes motivated.. guess we just have to see
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 5 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Cotto is my man.. hands down. But I feel he loses tonight.

I think the move with Freddie only makes him more offensive, leading him into another war type fight. But he's been war torn a bit, and I just don't see him winning.

Unless hes motivated.. guess we just have to see

I was hoping that we wouldn't ever have to get into the "it depends on which Cotto shows up" phase, but that's what it's looking like nowadays. He looked chubby in the Trout fight, and even before training camp started.

Oh yeah, didn't Dusty fight last weekend???
BigFightFan
I could have done without the klitchko replay
Cshel86
Crawford makes me cringe when he talks, but he seems to be a bit careful with his horrible grip of the English language. Lol
Cshel86
Crawford is quick in this first round.

No "clapper" tonight??? That whistle is gonna throw somebody off tonight! LOL
Cshel86
Klimov has a little swag, but he hasn't done anything thus far. Lol

Crawford's jab is nasty!
mrchitown
Provodnikov lookin like a damn hitman lol
Cshel86
These stupid Cotto fans "boo" EVERYTHING! I hope Delvin retires him tonight...maybe his fans make me not like him this evening. Lol
Cshel86
Through 3 rounds, nothing's happened.

PS: I HATE these stupid fans, they're just doing too much. Go to an MMA fight...bunch of drunk buzzards. Smh
Cshel86
Klimov is awkward as hell, lol. Its like he has two left feet and a battery up his ass.
Cshel86
Not much aggression from Crawford's end, in the 6th.
Cshel86
Crawford is fighting a good poised fight, a lot of jab and attempted hooks. Unless you have the other guy's guts hanging out, you wont get another HBO date. Lol
mrchitown
Even though Crawford is clearly in control of this fight, I get the sense that he could do a little more
Cshel86
Crawford's not trying to get another HBO date. They already endured that Klitz fight, and now this? Lol

I wouldn't mind not seeing Crawford again.
Gambit808
Good to hear Legendary Nights is coming back, how could I not guess they would put Gatti-Ward as the fight to bring it back. Wonder what other fights will feature on it.
mrchitown
AAh, HBO...gotta love the commentary lol

Translation, your on the shelf kid lmao
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 5 2013, 11:33 PM) *
Good to hear Legendary Nights is coming back, how could I not guess they would put Gatti-Ward as the fight to bring it back. Wonder what other fights will feature on it.

Knowing these blood & guts nuthuggers, they'll replay Gatti/Ward to no ends.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 5 2013, 10:33 PM) *

No others, it's a one off
Cshel86
You know you're boring, when the commentators just stop being professional, and result to talking shit about you.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Everything about Bradley screams "Accept me, please!"

laugh.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Knowing these blood & guts nuthuggers, they'll replay Gatti/Ward to no ends.

Exactly, if I had a dollar for everytime that fight is mentioned, I'd wouldn't have any worries about paying mortgage and taxes. Not taking nothing away from both guys, but it's not the best fight I've seen since the millennium.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
No others, it's a one off

Lewis-Klitchko/ Carrales-Castillo?
Hotsauce
Crawford could have knocked him out
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 5 2013, 10:44 PM) *
Lewis-Klitchko/ Carrales-Castillo?

Nope, I heard they're only doing that one...go figure lol
Cshel86
Man I'm not hatin', but Cotto AINT no 5'8 1/2

laugh.gif
Gambit808
I got Cotto via late TKO
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 11:46 PM) *
Nope, I heard they're only doing that one...go figure lol

no2.gif Damn shame.
Cshel86
These Top Rank girls are HOT!!! Maaaaan!!! Bob hooked these chicks up with the fake tits, the weave, make-up and pretty white teeth. Glad I'm not there...as drunk as I am, I'd be in full blown creep mode...like Ben "Rapelisberger"

laugh.gif
mgrover
aam here and half awake
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 5 2013, 11:50 PM) *
I got Cotto via late TKO

Time for Cotto to get retired

cool.gif

PS: You're still predicting fight, with that nasty sig that you're rockin' ? Lol
mrchitown
This fight better be good because I'm fading, this must be what boxers feel when they get KD lol
Gambit808
Don't want to sound like a hater, but something about Cotto's older son says GAY AS HELL! Lol.
Cshel86
Nice left to the body by Miguel, and he looks a bit slim tonight. I didn't think the color red made you look slim...maybe he's actually in shape this time around. Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 11:55 PM) *
This fight better be good because I'm fading, this must be what boxers feel when they get KD lol

Man put that Henny down Chi!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 5 2013, 11:55 PM) *
Don't want to sound like a hater, but something about Cotto's older son says GAY AS HELL! Lol.

Glad you were the first to say it...I for once, wanted to refrain from sounding tacky. LOL
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 5 2013, 11:54 PM) *
Time for Cotto to get retired

cool.gif

PS: You're still predicting fight, with that nasty sig that you're rockin' ? Lol

laugh.gif That's a reminder to me and others that we all can't be right all the time. That one wrong prediction can be crucial lol. What about you? Have any predictions on the Bradley-Marquez?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 5 2013, 10:57 PM) *
Man put that Henny down Chi!

laugh.gif

Glad you were the first to say it...I for once, wanted to refrain from sounding tacky. LOL

laugh.gif

Yeah, that kid ain't never following in pops footsteps
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 5 2013, 11:58 PM) *
laugh.gif That's a reminder to me and others that we all can't be right all the time. That one wrong prediction can be crucial lol. What about you? Have any predictions on the Bradley-Marquez?

Marquez stops Tim, but that aint my dying prediction! Lol

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 11:59 PM) *
laugh.gif

Yeah, that kid ain't never following in pops footsteps

EVER! Lol
mrchitown
Daaaamn, Miguel just woke me up!
mgrover
i hope Cotto doesn't gas like in the Margs fight.
Cshel86
FUCK YOU Delvin Rodriguez!!!

Fightin' like an ESPN simp! Dude's blinking slow as Christmas lights after those last two hooks in the 2nd round. no2.gif
mgrover
Early stoppage...
BigFightFan
Roach has put that battery in Cotto's back.
mrchitown
Whoa
mrchitown
Yo, get that kid off my TV laugh.gif
Cshel86
Delvin's manager was on Fighthype radio talkin' ALL this shit about Delvin beating Cotto, and this bitch came out there and got handled like a simp. Now we're gonna have to hear how "elite" of a trainer Freddie is, and how he saved Cotto's career.
KOpower
VERY impressive Cotto tonight. He absolutely smoked DR and he started it from the start with a BRUTAL body attack.

Cotto vs Canelo? Sounds good to me...
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Oct 6 2013, 12:05 AM) *
VERY impressive Cotto tonight. He absolutely smoked DR and he started it from the start with a BRUTAL body attack.

Cotto vs Canelo? Sounds good to me...

Man STFU!

We either hear you bitchin' around here, or you come in at the 11th hour making stupid predictions. Get outta here clown...
Cshel86
How many other trainers EVER get an interview? They hug Freddie's nuts to no end, smh

I still like Freddie though...he talks shit for the fun of it. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.