Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto-Alverez or Cotto-Martinez?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Gambit808
Both would be HUGE, but I think Cotto fighting Martinez is the smarter choice. Like Roy said Saturday night, Cotto doesen't need to be in there with another up and coming fighter with a bright future and I agree with him. A fight with Martinez would be just as big and you can bet the odds would be almost even.
mrchitown
I say Cotto and Martinez. And I say that because who knows how Martinez will perform when he comes back and it would be interesting to see Cotto go for the belt at 160. He should stay away like RJJ said from the young bulls because they will snatched his soul.

If he tried to get in there and fight Canelo I'd watch but right now I'd favor Canelo, but that's not to say that Cotto won't make it a fight. I like that Miguel finished his man when he had him hurt. He was throwing the hooks to the body like the Cotto we all love to see, but he was open to be hit and you have to wonder. Can Canelo or Martinez or any other fighter capitalize on that? Delvin couldn't. The pairing of Roach and Cotto is interesting. I personally think he's still a 147 guy but I don't think he wants to fight there anymore but if he could he should go there because that's really his best weight
checkleft
I think the cotto martinez fight is more exciting. They have thrown verbal jabs at each other over the years, constant calling out and remarks. They both get a good pay day towards the end of pretty good careers and both fight for their legacy (for cotto the mw title, for martinez the biggest name on his resume).

The canelo fight really does nothing for cotto other than the pay day. Yea its a good pay day but I don't think it would be by much. And as chi mentioned in the other thread martinez is ripe for the picking, coming off of injuries a long layoff and at 38-39 years old.

xxxxxx
Personally I would like to see the Cotto-Alvarez fight just to see GB & TR work together again. Maybe Cotto is the key here to breaking the ice. Both companies seem to like both fighters.
Gambit808
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 7 2013, 06:40 AM) *
Personally I would like to see the Cotto-Alvarez fight just to see GB & TR work together again. Maybe Cotto is the key here to breaking the ice. Both companies seem to like both fighters.

That would be interesting, but why would Cotto bring TR in on a deal like that, isn't he still a free agent, or did he re-sign with TR?
Franchize
I think both fighters would ultimately retire Miguel Cotto. Moreso Canelo than Martinez. I'd rather see Cotto fight Alvarez though. I think if he can establish himself early, he has a shot. I'd like to see Cotto fight someone less threatening first before he puts it all on the line. Since he is re-reinventing himself (lol), I think he should work his way back up to the top of the division. Not saying he has to given his legacy. I just think it would benefit him more. Maybe fight a Victor Ortiz, James Kirkland, Cornelius Bundrage or Robert Guerrero type guy first then go for the gusto.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 7 2013, 08:43 AM) *
That would be interesting, but why would Cotto bring TR in on a deal like that, isn't he still a free agent, or did he re-sign with TR?

I think Cotto's leasing TR's services, the same way Floyd does with GBP.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 7 2013, 08:37 AM) *
I think both fighters would ultimately retire Miguel Cotto. Moreso Canelo than Martinez. I'd rather see Cotto fight Alvarez though. I think if he can establish himself early, he has a shot. I'd like to see Cotto fight someone less threatening first before he puts it all on the line. Since he is re-reinventing himself (lol), I think he should work his way back up to the top of the division. Not saying he has to given his legacy. I just think it would benefit him more. Maybe fight a Victor Ortiz, James Kirkland, Cornelius Bundrage or Robert Guerrero type guy first then go for the gusto.

Well said Franchize, I want to see him go for that 4th title in his 4th different weight class but I think he should get a few more W's under his belt first. It seems what he usually does is lose then go get a tuneup, then jump right back in there. But I don't think that'll work anymore because if he fighting at 154-160 those champs are tough to beat. He should get another win or two under his belt and then go for it. Because his next loss will be his last payday
mrchitown
I think we can kiss Cotto-Canelo goodbye, Cotto said that if GB wants him to fight a Canelo they will have to talk to TR...Arum and Roach are really pushing for the Martinez fight and Roach swears that if he was training Miguel that he would've beaten Mayweather Jr....dude finally gets a win under his belt and he's back to talking shit lol
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 7 2013, 07:43 AM) *

Cotto said in the post fight press conference that Martinez 's or Canelo's team would have to work with Top Rank.
AZWildCat
Loved the activity level from Cotto in this fight. I belive the Martinez fight is better as the returning fight for two reasons. 1 Sergio didn't look to hot in his last fight and is coming off injury and layoff. 2 beating Martinez and winning this new strap at a higher weight Will make golden boy come out the pockets and pay Cotto that few more million he asked for the first time around.

I also belive experience and the resurrection of bodywork/workrate for Cotto would be enough to keep canelo guessing and frustrated. It Will be a good fight but canelo Will be outsmarted again by a champion that's seen every thing and done more than given credit for
NoCatchweights
Just do Martinez next year, it's the best legacy fight but he'll lose, Zab nearly knocked him out, Sergio going to kill him.
Hotsauce
we will see cotto/martinez
Plah
The Canelo fight is winnable imo. If Sergio comes back from the layoff strong, he will TKO Cotto with the style he (Cotto) used this past saturday
daprofessor
I think this version of Cotto beats Canelo and Martinez. A win over either and I'd like to see him rematch Floyd.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 7 2013, 06:28 PM) *
I think this version of Cotto beats Canelo and Martinez. A win over either and I'd like to see him rematch Floyd.

Back from the dead!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Oct 7 2013, 06:39 PM) *
The Canelo fight is winnable imo. If Sergio comes back from the layoff strong, he will TKO Cotto with the style he (Cotto) used this past saturday

I agree, but I believe that Cotto makes that fight harder than its supposed to be...after he gets hit a couple of times.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 7 2013, 07:28 PM) *

I was about to send a smoke signal out for you!

laugh.gif
truth
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 7 2013, 08:42 PM) *
I agree, but I believe that Cotto makes that fight harder than its supposed to be...after he gets hit a couple of times.

this is why i believe cotto loses
checkleft
And the talk continues and seems to be picking up serious steam after only days!

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-vs-martin...-weekend--70359

I seriously doubt martinez turns down a pay day like this.
xxxxxx
Making a fight between star fighters(Cotto-Alvarez) and the GB & TR feud would sell PPV'S alone.
Dolimite
I will say Cotto vs. Canelo! Why not? Martinez isn't the same fighter he once was. I want to see how Canelo reacts to his first lost. Plus I want to see what Roach's game plan for Canelo would be.
Cshel86
Cotto/Martinez happens quicker than Cotto/Canelo. Again, I'm almost sure that Cotto is still a promotional free agent, and he still has his own promotional banner as well. I'm almost sure his promotional banner operates just like MP Promotions, Mayweather Promotions, Canelo Promotions, Khan Promotions, and Marquez Promotions, just to name a few.

With that in mind, he could easily go back to GBP to lease their services for a Canelo fight, in the event that GBP and TR can't do business together. As I've read the headlines as of the last couple of months, I've been reading about Cotto "working with TR again" and Cotto "returns to TR", but I have yet to see "Cotto signs/signed with TR".

He should be careful of entertaining the idea of a Canelo clash in the future, because we all know how Arum is. Knowing Arum, he's probably trying to get Cotto to actually sign his life away, again. As far as network are concerned, Cotto's a big fish in a small pond, with HBO. Manny still sells, but Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in the sport (maybe he's "3A" and Canelo's "3B at this moment), so he can hold things down until Manny is back in the swing of things.

Again, there are too many big fish (read: Mayweather and the rising stars) with Showtime, and Cotto may not get that "riding off into the sunset" attention that he truly deserves. With that in mind, I think he stays with HBO and only has to face ONE threat (Martinez) and steamroll a few more somewhat worthy opponents, until he decides to hang 'em up.
klonopinz
i was thinkin more of cotto vs bradley at 54 after timmy beats juan. or cotto vs juan. those are sick fights also
emd01
i picked Cotto/canelo because its actually a fight Cotto could win.

If Cotto fights Martinez he's done for several reasons. Never fought at 160 but you want your first fight to be against the best 160 lber laugh.gif ?!? Martinez will be the hardest puncher Cotto has ever faced. Martinez is used to fighting bigger men...punching down for once would be refreshing. Cotto would be giving up 20 lbs easy fight night. Cotto is a blown up WW. Cotto has problems with slick punchers and nut shots wont save him against Sergio. Martinez will not fight an inside fight with Cotto, making Cotto have to take chances. I dont see a damn thing Cotto could do to win against Martinez. Everyone needs to step back and realize the dude just beat Delvin Rodriguez...the dude is nowhere near Martinez' skill level...nowhere. Arum is going to ruin Cotto and it will be Cottos own stupid ass fault for getting out of, then getting back into, a deal with the devil.
mrchitown
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 8 2013, 06:32 PM) *
i picked Cotto/canelo because its actually a fight Cotto could win.

If Cotto fights Martinez he's done for several reasons. Never fought at 160 but you want your first fight to be against the best 160 lber laugh.gif ?!? Martinez will be the hardest puncher Cotto has ever faced. Martinez is used to fighting bigger men...punching down for once would be refreshing. Cotto would be giving up 20 lbs easy fight night. Cotto is a blown up WW. Cotto has problems with slick punchers and nut shots wont save him against Sergio. Martinez will not fight an inside fight with Cotto, making Cotto have to take chances. I dont see a damn thing Cotto could do to win against Martinez. Everyone needs to step back and realize the dude just beat Delvin Rodriguez...the dude is nowhere near Martinez' skill level...nowhere. Arum is going to ruin Cotto and it will be Cottos own stupid ass fault for getting out of, then getting back into, a deal with the devil.

It sure did the trick for him against Zab, I still say that Cotto might've lost that fight if he hadn't of did that, I personally believe it was intentional. And then months later he got what I think was a lucky break against Shane. He should've been 0-2 in 07
Cshel86
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Oct 8 2013, 05:48 PM) *
i was thinkin more of cotto vs bradley at 54 after timmy beats juan. or cotto vs juan. those are sick fights also

I like the ring of that!
emd01
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 8 2013, 05:30 PM) *
It sure did the trick for him against Zab, I still say that Cotto might've lost that fight if he hadn't of did that, I personally believe it was intentional. And then months later he got what I think was a lucky break against Shane. He should've been 0-2 in 07

Damn right they were intentional laugh.gif . Cotto is my 2nd favorite fighter besides Floyd and i'll be pulling for him if he fights Sergio but damnit i'd be lying if, in this fight against Martinez, I said pulling for and hoping wasnt the same thing. Martinez will be 100% confident in this fight. Hell, if Canelo moved up to LHW to fight BHop does anyone think Hopkins wouldnt be confident? Same thing here.

Sergio is 3 inches taller with an 8, yea an 8, inch reach advantage with speed equal to or better than Cottos. He'll come in fight night every bit of 175 lbs. He's going to pummel and stop Cotto by the 5th round. Shits a mismatch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 9 2013, 12:09 AM) *
Damn right they were intentional laugh.gif . Cotto is my 2nd favorite fighter besides Floyd and i'll be pulling for him if he fights Sergio but damnit i'd be lying if, in this fight against Martinez, I said pulling for and hoping wasnt the same thing. Martinez will be 100% confident in this fight. Hell, if Canelo moved up to LHW to fight BHop does anyone think Hopkins wouldnt be confident? Same thing here.

Sergio is 3 inches taller with an 8, yea an 8, inch reach advantage with speed equal to or better than Cottos. He'll come in fight night every bit of 175 lbs. He's going to pummel and stop Cotto by the 5th round. Shits a mismatch.

There's only about an inch or inch inch and half arm length advantage. Cotto's at 23 or 23.5, while Sergio is at 24 inches. I'd say that Sergio will come in at no more than 170, if that...haven't seen him come in at anything more than 167 though. Style wise, I agree, it's a mismatch. Lol
emd01
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 8 2013, 09:24 PM) *
There's only about an inch or inch inch and half arm length advantage. Cotto's at 23 or 23.5, while Sergio is at 24 inches. I'd say that Sergio will come in at no more than 170, if that...haven't seen him come in at anything more than 167 though. Style wise, I agree, it's a mismatch. Lol

So you think Martinez walks into the ring weighing the same as Ortiz at WW or Canelo at JMW? Shit just looking at those dudes I can tell Sergio is the bigger man. Thats why they wouldnt do fight night weigh ins at the Chavez Jr fight. Sergio doesnt want people to know how huge his ass is because he's still trying to play that "lil MW" BS that everyone seems to have eaten up laugh.gif .
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 8 2013, 08:35 PM) *
I like the ring of that!

I agree Cshel. That fight would be an instant classic. I don't see Bradley lasting the full 12 rounds against a determined and properly trained Cotto at this point.
mrchitown
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 8 2013, 11:09 PM) *

Stylistically it's just a bad match up for Miguel. Martinez's style is going to eat him alive. This actually appears to be the best option for both fighters and Arum and TR are targeting this fight for the weekend before the PR day parade in NY. I expect to see some nut shots in this one too, especially when the heat gets turned up
Cshel86
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 9 2013, 12:33 AM) *
So you think Martinez walks into the ring weighing the same as Ortiz at WW or Canelo at JMW? Shit just looking at those dudes I can tell Sergio is the bigger man. Thats why they wouldnt do fight night weigh ins at the Chavez Jr fight. Sergio doesnt want people to know how huge his ass is because he's still trying to play that "lil MW" BS that everyone seems to have eaten up laugh.gif .

Mmmm...yeah, I believe he will. Sergio's a MW at this point, after fighting there since late '09, but he's still a small MW. In my opinion, he's stuck there. He's too big to come down to '54, but he's a small(er) MW. He may weigh in a pound or two under the MW limit, but there's a difference in coming in at a weight that you wanna come in at, and being obligated to make a catchweight weight. I said that because Canelo said that he wouldn't mind fighting Sergio at a catchweight.

Any yes, you're correct, Sergio's the bigger man compared to Miguel, but they'll be somewhere in the same neighborhood after rehydrating. The bigger difference is, Sergio has been hitting and getting hit by full-blown MWs, unlike Cotto, so that's where the rubber meets the road in this fight. If Cotto's that whopping 5'8 1/2 that HBO says he is (which I believe he's 5'7 at best), then there wont be much of a height disparity there. LOL

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 9 2013, 03:47 AM) *
I agree Cshel. That fight would be an instant classic. I don't see Bradley lasting the full 12 rounds against a determined and properly trained Cotto at this point.

Yep! I believe Cotto and Bradley are the same size, but as far as strength goes...Cotto has more of it. Bradley was a bully at 140, but at WW, he's looking less of a "He-Man", so to speak. Do you think Bradley will be stronger at 154? I'm not even sure how easy it is for him to make 147 nowadays, but who knows. I know some guys get stronger if they move up a division or two, then they're power tends to peak at a certain weight class.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2013, 08:41 AM) *
Mmmm...yeah, I believe he will. Sergio's a MW at this point, after fighting there since late '09, but he's still a small MW. In my opinion, he's stuck there. He's too big to come down to '54, but he's a small(er) MW. He may weigh in a pound or two under the MW limit, but there's a difference in coming in at a weight that you wanna come in at, and being obligated to make a catchweight weight. I said that because Canelo said that he wouldn't mind fighting Sergio at a catchweight.

Any yes, you're correct, Sergio's the bigger man compared to Miguel, but they'll be somewhere in the same neighborhood after rehydrating. The bigger difference is, Sergio has been hitting and getting hit by full-blown MWs, unlike Cotto, so that's where the rubber meets the road in this fight. If Cotto's that whopping 5'8 1/2 that HBO says he is (which I believe he's 5'7 at best), then there wont be much of a height disparity there. LOL

Yep! I believe Cotto and Bradley are the same size, but as far as strength goes...Cotto has more of it. Bradley was a bully at 140, but at WW, he's looking less of a "He-Man", so to speak. Do you think Bradley will be stronger at 154? I'm not even sure how easy it is for him to make 147 nowadays, but who knows. I know some guys get stronger if they move up a division or two, then they're power tends to peak at a certain weight class.

According to their profile, both fighters are close in size with Cotto having a slight edge. Bradley seems to add a lot of weight in between fights. That can't be a good thing to lose so much weight in such a limited time frame. I remember at 140 Bradley got buzzed and knocked down a few times also. He's just so determined that maybe it covers up his chin a little. Every fighter handles weight differently so it would be interesting to see if he handles 154 better when it comes to chin,power,speed,durability etc....The problem for Bradley is that he barely stands 5-6 so 154 may slow him down, but like you said how much does he struggle to get to 147? I've never heard any reports of struggle, but wouldn't be surprised if he does. I really like both of these fighters. True Warriors and would love to see this matchup.
Hotsauce
arum probably thinks martinez isn't the same fighter since got knee surgery. that's why they are pushing for this fight.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2013, 08:41 AM) *

Bradley was a mw in the ams, the weight should be no problem.
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 9 2013, 03:05 PM) *
According to their profile, both fighters are close in size with Cotto having a slight edge. Bradley seems to add a lot of weight in between fights. That can't be a good thing to lose so much weight in such a limited time frame. I remember at 140 Bradley got buzzed and knocked down a few times also. He's just so determined that maybe it covers up his chin a little. Every fighter handles weight differently so it would be interesting to see if he handles 154 better when it comes to chin,power,speed,durability etc....The problem for Bradley is that he barely stands 5-6 so 154 may slow him down, but like you said how much does he struggle to get to 147? I've never heard any reports of struggle, but wouldn't be surprised if he does. I really like both of these fighters. True Warriors and would love to see this matchup.

I don't see any struggle at all, it's not like he has struggled with his weight throughout his career like Chavez jr lol. The reason he ballooned up in weight was because he was getting that shit over the Pacquiao fight, that was the first time that happened and even then it's not like he gets up to 180. His issues are more mental then physical, that going up in weight is greatly exaggerated when it comes to Bradley
Amandla
I would LOVE to see him fight Canelo just leaving all poltics aside. I think he has a good chance of tapping that ass.

Sergio ain't healthy yet so I wouldn't want to see that myself.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 9 2013, 04:05 PM) *

You couldn't ask for a better matchup! Oh the suspense, just moments before the opening bell! I remember him getting touched up a bit at 140, but again, it may have had something to do with the weight, or him being overzealous at that certain moment of the fight.

He didn't take those shots well in the Provodnikov fight, mainly because he got up to around 180+ after the Manny fight, which he's usually around 165 or 170. I think Timmy trolled us in his last though..."Hey, let me go out here and fight stupid, look vulnerable, fight back hard, and get some buzz going". Looks like he pulled a fast one on us, since his chin and between-fight weight, is a topic of discussion now. laugh.gif

As you mentioned, his height could be a problem at 154. He is about 5'6, which is a big problem for bigger weight classes. This is the reason that I thought Khan would edge him years ago, but that was then. As for Cotto, I'm not sure where this whopping 5'8 1/2 came from on HBO's telecast last week, but Im not even sure Miguel's past 5'7. I remember for the Pac/Diaz fight, they had Pac's arm length at 25 inches....really?! Get outta here! I question them sometimes, because fighters that used to fight on HBO, are suddenly an inch/inch and half shorter on the Showtime telecast. Lol

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 05:44 PM) *
Bradley was a mw in the ams, the weight should be no problem.

I'm not that familiar with the amateur weight classes, but would MW be in the 150's perhaps?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2013, 11:36 AM) *
You couldn't ask for a better matchup! Oh the suspense, just moments before the opening bell! I remember him getting touched up a bit at 140, but again, it may have had something to do with the weight, or him being overzealous at that certain moment of the fight.

He didn't take those shots well in the Provodnikov fight, mainly because he got up to around 180+ after the Manny fight, which he's usually around 165 or 170. I think Timmy trolled us in his last though..."Hey, let me go out here and fight stupid, look vulnerable, fight back hard, and get some buzz going". Looks like he pulled a fast one on us, since his chin and between-fight weight, is a topic of discussion now. laugh.gif

As you mentioned, his height could be a problem at 154. He is about 5'6, which is a big problem for bigger weight classes. This is the reason that I thought Khan would edge him years ago, but that was then. As for Cotto, I'm not sure where this whopping 5'8 1/2 came from on HBO's telecast last week, but Im not even sure Miguel's past 5'7. I remember for the Pac/Diaz fight, they had Pac's arm length at 25 inches....really?! Get outta here! I question them sometimes, because fighters that used to fight on HBO, are suddenly an inch/inch and half shorter on the Showtime telecast. Lol

I'm not that familiar with the amateur weight classes, but would MW be in the 150's perhaps?

I believe they get more leeway in the ams tho, like about 6 pounds. Could be wrong tho
daprofessor
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 7 2013, 01:05 PM) *
Cotto said in the post fight press conference that Martinez 's or Canelo's team would have to work with Top Rank.

i think that's cotto realizing it's best for him to just focus on boxing and leave the business side to arum & co. not everyone has an al haymon in their corner.
daprofessor
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Oct 7 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Loved the activity level from Cotto in this fight. I belive the Martinez fight is better as the returning fight for two reasons. 1 Sergio didn't look to hot in his last fight and is coming off injury and layoff. 2 beating Martinez and winning this new strap at a higher weight Will make golden boy come out the pockets and pay Cotto that few more million he asked for the first time around.

I also belive experience and the resurrection of bodywork/workrate for Cotto would be enough to keep canelo guessing and frustrated. It Will be a good fight but canelo Will be outsmarted again by a champion that's seen every thing and done more than given credit for

i agree.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 7 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Back from the dead!

for some reason the administrators at my gig saw fit to block this website because of the dangers of viruses...supposedly. laugh.gif to tired to log on at home at the end of the day.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 7 2013, 07:42 PM) *

I was about to send a smoke signal out for you!

laugh.gif

just use the homing pigeons. the wind be messin up the smoke signals. laugh.gif
daprofessor
jr middleweight is 152 in the amateurs. so u can weigh anywhere from 141 to 152.

153-165lbs is middleweight.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2013, 11:36 AM) *

I've noticed the inconsistencies in height/reach numbers with Boxers also. Kinda reminds me of Pro Wrestling lol And as far as Cotto, I think it just reminds us what an exciting Boxer he is when we have a thread of 2 awesome match-ups for him and we start talking about another in Bradley.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2013, 09:51 PM) *
I believe they get more leeway in the ams tho, like about 6 pounds. Could be wrong tho

C'mon Check, you're supposed to know this! I hate trying to remember weight classes...just too many numbers for me. As soon as I figure it out, it ends up changing...reminds me of how I'll memorize my debit card number, then some stupid hacker ends up making a $3 purchase with my card number...so I have to end up getting a new one. Lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:07 AM) *
for some reason the administrators at my gig saw fit to block this website because of the dangers of viruses...supposedly. laugh.gif to tired to log on at home at the end of the day.

That's that old man stuff right there. lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:09 AM) *
just use the homing pigeons. the wind be messin up the smoke signals. laugh.gif

Smoke signals in destitute areas, means something, regardless of the wind. The only time I dont like the wind, is when I'm throwing some ribs on the grill.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:20 AM) *
jr middleweight is 152 in the amateurs. so u can weigh anywhere from 141 to 152.

Okay, last time I heard, Tim was fighting at 152, so I guess that's Jr. Middleweight. Not sure how high he went afterwards, but hey, no need for me to even speak on it.

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 11 2013, 05:05 AM) *
I've noticed the inconsistencies in height/reach numbers with Boxers also. Kinda reminds me of Pro Wrestling lol And as far as Cotto, I think it just reminds us what an exciting Boxer he is when we have a thread of 2 awesome match-ups for him and we start talking about another in Bradley.

Tell me about it! HBO tries to make guys look less like lilliputians, but Showtime tells the truth! If you're 5'5 1/2, then that's how tall you are with Showtime. With HBO, they may mark you at 5'7. lol
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:20 AM) *

There it is.

Did you hear about the point system change they are doing in the ams? It's gonna start being a 10 point system like the pros, well at least that's what they have been Implementing over here in cali for some of the younger kids I work with.
xxxxxx
Cotto is about to make a decision, who's it gonna be?
Kratza
Cotto loses to both but the money is in the Canelo fight
klonopinz
i think the money is in the bradley fight because arum can keep all th money in house, hes just has to dish out cotto, and thats it, h dont gotta split the take with dibella, let alone oscar. they dont call him the golden boy for nothng.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.