Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Bradley vs. Marquez-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
Follow all of Fighthype's on-going action and post-fight reactions to the Bradley-Marquez fight card, tonight! Keep all comments in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
mitukczuk
I just can't force myself into thinking Bradley could win tonight. It's just impossible...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 12 2013, 03:34 PM) *
I just can't force myself into thinking Bradley could win tonight. It's just impossible...

I don't know,

Others are thinking that Bradley's undefeated "O" could balance out keeping him as a winner. Like I said in the Preview thread, it's a very close fight to call and if they wanted to keep the Mayweather-Pacquaio thing on the table, why rob Bradley against Manny? But as others have said, this was done to keep Manny with Arum and to set up a rematch, (posters promoting it and all.) where Arum could hope for a Pacquiao win in a rematch. I also believe that Mayweather-Pacquaio would never happen with Arum's involvement and stand by that. I don't even care about Mayweather-Pacquiao now if it happens. It's a mismatch.

If Bradley wins, I suspect he will go back to fighting guys who have already been beaten to stay busy, or go into a long exile again. If Marquez wins, Arum will throw many at him to attempt to keep him from retiring by giving him some C+ grade fighters. If not, the same fighters over and over again to keep the money flowing in his stable. Somehow, Rios, Alverado, Pacquaio, Cotto, Bradley, and Ruskan could factor in the next fights regardless of win or loss situations. Bob Arum would rather keep having all these guys fighting each other over and over, rather than deal with Floyd Mayweather.

Jack
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 12 2013, 03:57 PM) *
I don't know,

Others are thinking that Bradley's undefeated "O" could balance out keeping him as a winner. Like I said in the Preview thread, it's a very close fight to call and if they wanted to keep the Mayweather-Pacquaio thing on the table, why rob Bradley against Manny? But as others have said, this was done to keep Manny with Arum and to set up a rematch, (posters promoting it and all.) where Arum could hope for a Pacquiao win in a rematch. I also believe that Mayweather-Pacquaio would never happen with Arum's involvement and stand by that. I don't even care about Mayweather-Pacquiao now if it happens. It's a mismatch.

If Bradley wins, I suspect he will go back to fighting guys who have already been beaten to stay busy, or go into a long exile again. If Marquez wins, Arum will throw many at him to attempt to keep him from retiring by giving him some C+ grade fighters. If not, the same fighters over and over again to keep the money flowing in his stable. Somehow, Rios, Alverado, Pacquaio, Cotto, Bradley, and Ruskan could factor in the next fights regardless of win or loss situations. Bob Arum would rather keep having all these guys fighting each other over and over, rather than deal with Floyd Mayweather.

Jack

I like Bradley, it's just...I hate his head biggrin.gif

Nah seriously...I like both guys...Bradley is one of the most overlooked fighters in boxing and I think he fights as such and that's what makes him dangerous. He is similar to Danny Garcia in the sense of always finding a way to win. I like Timmy's combos as well...Marquez's combos are other wordly though...I love it.

I am going to sleep now...it's 11:13pm here and the fight starts at about 6 am which means night night for me. Keep me posted, ill be reading the thread first thing in the morning.

Jack 1000
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 12 2013, 04:14 PM) *
I like Bradley, it's just...I hate his head biggrin.gif

Nah seriously...I like both guys...Bradley is one of the most overlooked fighters in boxing and I think he fights as such and that's what makes him dangerous. He is similar to Danny Garcia in the sense of always finding a way to win. I like Timmy's combos as well...Marquez's combos are other wordly though...I love it.

I am going to sleep now...it's 11:13pm here and the fight starts at about 6 am which means night night for me. Keep me posted, ill be reading the thread first thing in the morning.

Oh yea, a bad ending could come in this fight from a head clash.

Jack
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 12 2013, 04:34 PM) *

This is Bradley's coming out party tonight. Don't be surprised if he wins convincingly
BoxingStill#1
Bradley is going to win.... Weather he wins or not.
jtiizzle
a very winnable fight for bradley better not let me down!
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 12 2013, 03:34 PM) *

I'd truly be shocked if Marquez won, Bradley will fight a smart fight and even if Marquez lands Bradley will get up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 12 2013, 08:17 PM) *
Bradley is going to win.... Weather he wins or not.

laugh.gif

Am I the only one who caught this post?
Cshel86
The wave of this fight depends on who takes control of the pace. Aren't all fights determined by that? Duhhhh...

Anyhow, the only guy in this fight that can CONTROL anything, is Bradley, since Marquez is better at countering. Bradley's idea of taking control, is bullying JMM. I'd be surprised if there isn't a huge size disparity here.

For some sick reason, I believe Marquez is gonna catch Tim with something coming in. If he let's Tim control the pace (read: bully him), then we'll see Marquez on quick sand all night. I've never seen JMM bullied, but tonight may be the night, if he isn't careful.

As I've been mentioning, if this goes to the card, then JMM gets the nod (regardless). There's too much money involved in a JMM/Pac V fight, and the way the 4th fight ended, will lead the public (read: casual fans) to wanna see if Manny can bounce back in a rematch. There's no money in a Bradley/Pac rematch, it only presents a safe situation for Manny. The weigh0in was dead, from what I heard, so we'll see the attendance tonight.

My only hopes is that the fight isn't a snoozer, or it doesn't end on cuts. Make no mistake about it, Im not moonlighting off of Juan's KO of Pac, but I believe Timmy slips up tonight, at the very moment that he steps off of the gas.

I hope these undercard fights impress, because they're terrible on paper.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Monaghan won the first round, but we're crazy to think that this is anything other than a showcase bout. I mean for fuck's sake, his opponent has a country fried steak gut, so no way he's even prepared for this bout.
Cshel86
I may just sort socks until this one goes off...

Key reason why I dont like telling my visitors to bring food...he was supposed to be here "before" 9, but he hasn't called or and said he was running late. He has the pizza, and Im "hongier than a muthalova"!

laugh.gif

I'm currently drinking on an empty stomach...which is bad news for anybody. Lol
Cshel86
Monaghan ended it will a flurry at the end of the 3rd...

Next...
jtiizzle
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2013, 06:18 PM) *
Monaghan ended it will a flurry at the end of the 3rd...

Next...

Short night LOL
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 12 2013, 09:20 PM) *
Short night LOL

Brief, if you would...

laugh.gif

Shit fizzled away quicker than MC Hammer's money...
jtiizzle
lets see what the hype is about with lomacheko
Cshel86
What's up with HBO trying to shove these fighters' pro debut up our asses? It's like they pay the opponent to not even fight back. If Im an opponent, and I KNOW that they're blowing up your pro debut, Im gonna try to spoil it. Lol
Praximo
Hey sup guys, so does anyone know a good stream for the fight? I would gladly appreciate if someone could inbox me a link! thanks!!!
Cshel86
This dude is already down...

This is gonna be the shortest PPV ever...they better have some serious fillers ready for us, because this card is moving quickly.
jtiizzle
body shot by lmoachenko puts him down
jtiizzle
1st round
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2013, 09:27 PM) *
What's up with HBO trying to shove these fighters' pro debut up our asses? It's like they pay the opponent to not even fight back. If Im an opponent, and I KNOW that they're blowing up your pro debut, Im gonna try to spoil it. Lol

Its fuckin nuts.... Guys fight there whole careers and don't get near any camera or HBO/show..

I think HBO is in scouting mode.. time to hype the next star..

Tho I like what I see from lomanchenko
Cshel86
Ramirez has a beard on him!
jtiizzle
lomachenko putting on a show LOL lebron james of boxing lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 12 2013, 09:38 PM) *
lomachenko putting on a show LOL lebron james of boxing lol

Silly aint it? Lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2013, 08:27 PM) *

LOL!!! Did Lamply get a new set of pom-poms just for this card!!! LMFAO- "It's like they pay the opponent not to fight back." Good assessment! After all, this IS an Arum card!

Jack
Cshel86
He's done in the 4th...
jtiizzle
rolling around the world body shot lol
Cshel86
Is everybody getting an interview tonight? Lol
mrchitown
Lomanchenko is highly skilled, anyone who paid attention to the amateurs knows this, Arum said he would like to see Rigo and Lomanchenko in 2014 possibly. I don't know if he's that good lol
Cshel86
Mike Tyson is still the man!
jtiizzle
marquez too old too win, unless he hits some of that juice and go super saiyan mode
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2013, 08:54 PM) *
Is everybody getting an interview tonight? Lol

Have to fill time, card was poorly planned
Cshel86
QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Oct 12 2013, 10:04 PM) *
Have to fill time, card was poorly planned

A clusterfuck, might I add...

I mean damn, the Chavez/Martinez lasted longer.

Now we have to see these gay ass trunks on Cruz. I have nothing against gay people, but why though? Smh
jtiizzle
salido going to KO this guy lol
jtiizzle
rainbow skirt on for orlando cruz
NoCatchweights
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2013, 09:07 PM) *
A clusterfuck, might I add...

I mean damn, the Chavez/Martinez lasted longer.

Now we have to see these gay ass trunks on Cruz. I have nothing against gay people, but why though? Smh

Bob thinks all attention is good attention, Cruz shouldn't even be fighting for a belt, he isn't even a ESPN main eventer.
Cshel86
Salido better have one of those Mortal Kombat-type flawless victories tonight...

Anything less, will be uncivilized...
Cshel86
These Top Rank girls are bringing the creep outta me...

cool.gif
Cshel86
Oooowee....Salido looks like he dont give a fuuuuck! Lol
Cshel86
Why is Salido leaning over his front foot like this...cant be a good thing if he gets caught.
jtiizzle
cruz looking hella feminine lol
jtiizzle
salido doing a number on cruz's balls
jtiizzle
this shit is funny watching this gay guy fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Oct 12 2013, 10:20 PM) *
this shit is funny watching this gay guy fight

Tell me about it. Cruz has that Bobby Brown high-right low-left. Lol
Cshel86
Looks like Salido's wont the first 2 rounds...not much has happened though.

This is crazy how Cruz is leaning back and throwing a counter right hook as Salido leans in...
jtiizzle
cruz going to get KO'd lol
jtiizzle
a gay version of pauly malignaggi
Cshel86
CLEAN combos from Salido in the 4th!

Cruz's hair is standing up like a rooster right now. He's standing his ground though...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.