Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Kirkland
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1
Here's a guy with solid tools as a fighter, but can he still make noise in the game?

Pending if he can knockout his next opponent as promised, who can he fight?

I would love to see him in there with Canelo
checkleft
I read an article on him earlier but I cant remember if he had an opponent lined up or not. He definitely makes for good action but its just hard to see him performing better than he did with ann at his corner.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 16 2013, 11:38 PM) *
I read an article on him earlier but I cant remember if he had an opponent lined up or not. He definitely makes for good action but its just hard to see him performing better than he did with ann at his corner.

I agree. She brings out the animal in him. Problem is.... Much like Cotto, he can't deal with the type of punishment he dishes out.
mrchitown
Nah, it's over. He and Andre Dirrell had time to make noise and be something special but that time is passed. What a bunch of bullshit too because they're potential has been wasted. I don't care if Ann Wolfe was in his corner, he's never going anywhere. He can't be saved from himself, in the ring if you can take his power then you can beat him, outside the ring it's a 50/50 chance of him ending back up in prison. The next L he takes and it's a wrap
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 16 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Nah, it's over. He and Andre Dirrell had time to make noise and be something special but that time is passed. What a bunch of bullshit too because they're potential has been wasted. I don't care if Ann Wolfe was in his corner, he's never going anywhere. He can't be saved from himself, in the ring if you can take his power then you can beat him, outside the ring it's a 50/50 chance of him ending back up in prison. The next L he takes and it's a wrap

Well I've seen this tapia kid on fnf. The guy is strong and showed a good chin, he's also well polished (had like 120-5 record in the ams or something like that). But his conditioning was shit

But from what I remember kirkland is blind to straight punches, if this kid can take his power early we may see ishida-kirkland all over again.
NoCatchweights
I need to see him lose to Tapia to give up on him, I'm picking Kirkland but we'll see.
mgrover
Doesn't have the chin for it. Move on Kirkland, this layoff can't be good for him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 17 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Well I've seen this tapia kid on fnf. The guy is strong and showed a good chin, he's also well polished (had like 120-5 record in the ams or something like that). But his conditioning was shit

But from what I remember kirkland is blind to straight punches, if this kid can take his power early we may see ishida-kirkland all over again.

He may very well win this fight but he's a career fuck up. I will watch him fight but I have no faith that he will actually be a champ or stay out of jail. The way he fights he's going to run into someone again like Molina whose not stationary and who can take his power and they're going to box is ears off. Or he'd going to fight someone who has pop too and he'll be staring up at the lights
Cshel86
Not even sure where Kirkland stands at this point...

He ruined his own career with the jail sentence, came back and got KO'd by Ishida (after running through a few bums to shake the rust off), bounced back with the Angulo win, got exposed to no ends in the Molina fight, then comes this long layoff.

At this point, I'm not sure. If he had a better chin, then I would give him a big shot at making it big (for the eleven hundreth time, lol), but that isn't the case here. He's good when he's punching, but as soon as somebody stands up to him, he reminds me of why I shouldn't bet on him. It reminds me of those big shots in big meetings, who are good at talking, until somebody asks them a question...then comes the crickets.

I dont wanna give up on the guy, but Im not putting too much stock into what he does from this point on...same with Dirrell.
Dolimite
Cell Block 4
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 17 2013, 02:58 PM) *
Cell Block 4

Lmao

Why would anyone want to joint 50s shady ass and his stable of misfits and outcasts is beyond me.
xxxxxx
Lots of entertaining fights for Kirkland, as long as he keeps his head on straight and listens to a good team. Not too many of Kirkland fights go the distance either way. He has some serious punching power and a shaky chin at 154.
Franchize
Fight K9 Bundrage for the title of Get the Fuck outta My Face! Loser goes to Get the Fuck Outta My Face ville. Winner helps him pack and rides shot gun.

Seriously though, they need to have a tournament of disappointments. Berto, Khan, Kirkland, Ortiz. Like one big bitchass Battle Royale lol
The Original MrFactor
Canelo, Trout or Lara. Pick one. Love to see James training and in the ring. Too much idle time is detrimental to his style of fighting.

Noooo... i hate the red sox!!
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 20 2013, 12:04 AM) *
Canelo, Trout or Lara. Pick one. Love to see James training and in the ring. Too much idle time is detrimental to his style of fighting.

Noooo... i hate the red sox!!

victarino just saved those bastards...

All good tho, my cards got this taunt.gif
Dolimite
Kirkland needs to talk to Ilyana Van Zant or whatever that lady's name is. Kirkland is a great talent but dude has mad issues. I mean issues. Maybe Mike Tyson can be a help to him. Crazy people understand each other.

Checkleft I hate the Cards and I especially hate the Red Sox! Fucking Tigers!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 20 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Kirkland needs to talk to Ilyana Van Zant or whatever that lady's name is. Kirkland is a great talent but dude has mad issues. I mean issues. Maybe Mike Tyson can be a help to him. Crazy people understand each other.

You aint lyin'!

laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 20 2013, 07:36 PM) *

Speaking of crazy aikido.gif

Who hates the cardinals lol, they have one of the more classy rosters/fans in baseball.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 17 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Lmao

Why would anyone want to joint 50s shady ass and his stable of misfits and outcasts is beyond me.

Because he is crazy and well 50 is a popular name so why not. If Kirkland looks decent in his next fight look for a Mayweather challenge from 50 and Kirkland.
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 20 2013, 08:29 PM) *
Speaking of crazy aikido.gif

Who hates the cardinals lol, they have one of the more classy rosters/fans in baseball.

Cardinals beat the Dodgers. That is my issue with them.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 21 2013, 11:30 AM) *
Because he is crazy and well 50 is a popular name so why not. If Kirkland looks decent in his next fight look for a Mayweather challenge from 50 and Kirkland.

Cardinals beat the Dodgers. That is my issue with them.

Woe, I thought you said you weren't a "west coast yankees" fan?

thumbsdown_anim.gif

Man you just took a big L in my book

The only decent fans from cali in regards to baseball are probably the As fans. All the other fans usually just jump ship to the next cali team that make it far, I can't stand that bro.
Franchize
James Kirkland vs Victor Ortiz on a roof. Loser jumps.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 08:31 PM) *
James Kirkland vs Victor Ortiz on a roof. Loser jumps.

Lmao cold blooded

Fuck it might as well throw Allan green in there and make it a three way
emd01
I'm sorry but Kirkland is just a bum with hard punches. I predict the next fighter that he cant bully KOs him. I actually think Ortiz would stop Kirkland.
mrchitown
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 22 2013, 08:48 PM) *
I'm sorry but Kirkland is just a bum with hard punches. I predict the next fighter that he cant bully KOs him. I actually think Ortiz would stop Kirkland.

I'd watch that fight
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 22 2013, 08:29 PM) *
Lmao cold blooded

Fuck it might as well throw Allan green in there and make it a three way

Man, Green done killed his career anyway. He didn't make weight last week for his fight and that's supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd time in as many fights he didn't make weight. He was fighting at LHW but weighed in at 180+ I think
Cshel86
QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 22 2013, 09:48 PM) *

At this point, that fight would play out like Arreola vs Mitchell.
mrchitown
Just read that Kirkland is supposedly going back to train with Wolfe. This dude is a character man lol. Didn't he say she slipped him something to make him fight the way he did against Molina? She is the only one who can get that dude right but regardless it's make or break time for him
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 03:04 AM) *
Just read that Kirkland is supposedly going back to train with Wolfe. This dude is a character man lol. Didn't he say she slipped him something to make him fight the way he did against Molina? She is the only one who can get that dude right but regardless it's make or break time for him

I read the same. Seriously doubt she takes him back, she nearly didn't take him back the last time. This dude is a nutjob
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2013, 04:06 AM) *
I read the same. Seriously doubt she takes him back, she nearly didn't take him back the last time. This dude is a nutjob

2 peas in a pod...
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2013, 03:06 AM) *

If that's what he's going to do, and she takes him back. I seriously hope it works out this time because James seems to wanna blame his short comings in the ring on the trainer. If he's going to make a serious run and I believe this is his final run then she's the perfect trainer for him
Franchize
He's hittin that. Or maybe her butch ass is smashin him lol That's the only time in which you return to the same woman over and over like that lmao
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 06:46 PM) *
He's hittin that. Or maybe her butch ass is smashin him lol That's the only time in which you return to the same woman over and over like that lmao

she got that wet wet
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 31 2013, 06:13 PM) *
she got that wet wet

You do mean hard on?

Anne Wolf is the only chic that I would not fuck with. That woman scares me. I think Kirkland needs a no none sense type of trainer. I think she is just right for him. I wonder, does she anally rape him?
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Nov 5 2013, 03:18 PM) *
You do mean hard on?

Anne Wolf is the only chic that I would not fuck with. That woman scares me. I think Kirkland needs a no none sense type of trainer. I think she is just right for him. I wonder, does she anally rape him?

LMAO @ Anne Wolf being the only chick to initiate your cut off point. Everyone else is smashable? Whoopi, Macy Gray, Joan Rivers, Big Ang all hittable huh lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.