Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everyone has one
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein
I know I haven't posted here in awhile and that I probably will get frowned upon for this but I love debates.

Some say its mythical, some say its fraudulent and others say its a waste of space. I say its a great way for a classic debate in boxing especially when it can change up anytime.

My current top 10 list goes as
1.Mayweather
2.Ward
3.Bradley
4.Froch
5.Marquez
6.Rigondeaux
7.W.Klitschko
8.R.Gonzalez
9.Donaire
10.D.Garcia
mgrover
I really don't know anymore, I can tell you Mayweather is at the top, Ward out of sheer respect since he needs to hurry up and get back to work. Then Garcia/Bradley, Garcia as the undisputed light welterweight champion of the world, Peterson shouldnt kid himself and just give that belt to him. Bradley since in my eyes he did beat Marquez fairly well. That's Pac and Marquez former number disputably 1 and 2 in the rankings. While am admitting that the Pac fight was very close, I think he should get that rematch to settle it, because in my opinion is could of gone either way.

So

Mayweather
Ward
Bradley/Garcia

Everybody else in particular order:
Klit - looked disgusting in previous fight, people say if he fights actively he'd gas...whose fault is that?

Marquez - May not even be on the list anymore since it seems he wants to retire, but you saw how proud he was, I wonder if his pride would take it if people heavily say that he's ducking Pac and that it was a lucky shot when he has no other options. A guy like him seems relatively easy to goad. I mean look at the way he fights, if you start brawling with him he'll brawl too.

M.Garcia - Very impressive win vs Salido who somehow has a belt back? Someone explain that shit to me.

Rigondeux - sure this guy is sound defensively, and fundamentally, but my god throw a combination once in a while. People say fans don't appreciate him and they won't if you bore them to death, his offense lacks heavily. The donaire fight, people say it was impressive, but it was hard to give rounds either way when people hardly land, or land so infrequently between the rounds.

Cotto - He looked great sure, but was getting caught coming in. Anybody with power ie Canelo, Martinez, will have him on his ass.

Pac - Am a fan still, and he'll beat Rios, and I think he'd keep up with Mayweather for two simple reasons, his stamina and speed. These are what Mayweather opponents lack and heavily. To even have a chance of beating him you can't let him take over after round 6 after all those hits to the body, and he can usually land at will because he is so fast. His chin though is a big ?

Cshel86
1. Calzaghe
2. Mayweather
3. Donaire
4. Broner
5. Rigondeaux (I guess)
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 17 2013, 04:53 AM) *
I know I haven't posted here in awhile and that I probably will get frowned upon for this but I love debates.

Some say its mythical, some say its fraudulent and others say its a waste of space. I say its a great way for a classic debate in boxing especially when it can change up anytime.

My current top 10 list goes as
1.Mayweather
2.Ward
3.Bradley
4.Froch
5.Marquez
6.Rigondeaux
7.W.Klitschko
8.R.Gonzalez
9.Donaire
10.D.Garcia

I love me some froch but where's bhop? Or even martinez? Solid list tho, not often you see people that know who gonzalez is or at least what he's done

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 17 2013, 10:51 AM) *
1. Calzaghe
2. Mayweather
3. Donaire
4. Broner
5. Rigondeaux (I guess)

Get Joe outta there! He said p4p not greatest of all time taunt.gif
daprofessor
1. Me
2. Ray Robinson
3. Roberto Duran
4. Henry Armstrong
5. Marvin Hagler
6. Tommy Hearns
7. Wifredo Gomez
8. Wifredo Benitez
9. Felix Trinidad
10. Pernell Whitaker
mrchitown
Mayweather Jr and Ward at the top, the rest is interchangeable to your specified preferences but I don't see no one overtaking those two guys
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 17 2013, 02:03 PM) *
1. Me
2. Ray Robinson
3. Roberto Duran
4. Henry Armstrong
5. Marvin Hagler
6. Tommy Hearns
7. Wifredo Gomez
8. Wifredo Benitez
9. Felix Trinidad
10. Pernell Whitaker

Whoda thunk? rolleyes_anim.gif
emd01
Mayweather
Ward
Bradley

The rest can be hotly contested imo.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 17 2013, 12:42 PM) *
I love me some froch but where's bhop? Or even martinez? Solid list tho, not often you see people that know who gonzalez is or at least what he's done

Get Joe outta there! He said p4p not greatest of all time taunt.gif

Thanks, Hopkins is definitely deserving of cracking the top 10 but I thought his loss vs Dawson, then most knew he was going to win vs Cloud and now he's fighting Murat. His resume and longevity is the only reason he could be on there. I wanted to showcase guys who also deserve to be on there as well, you mentioned Roman. Roman is the man that beat the man that beat the man in their division. Garcia cleaned out the heavy jr. Welter division and just put on a virtuoso performance against Matthysse, one of most hardest punchers in boxing. I can see Roman dropping though since he's been fighting cab drivers lately. What's your list currently like?
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 17 2013, 11:03 AM) *
1. Me
2. Ray Robinson
3. Roberto Duran
4. Henry Armstrong
5. Marvin Hagler
6. Tommy Hearns
7. Wifredo Gomez
8. Wifredo Benitez
9. Felix Trinidad
10. Pernell Whitaker

rolleyes_anim.gif

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Bradley
4. Sergio Martinez
5. Juan Manuel Marquez
6. V. Kilt
7. B Hopkins
8. Take your Pick
9. Take Your Pick
10. Take Your Pick
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 17 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Thanks, Hopkins is definitely deserving of cracking the top 10 but I thought his loss vs Dawson, then most knew he was going to win vs Cloud and now he's fighting Murat. His resume and longevity is the only reason he could be on there. I wanted to showcase guys who also deserve to be on there as well, you mentioned Roman. Roman is the man that beat the man that beat the man in their division. Garcia cleaned out the heavy jr. Welter division and just put on a virtuoso performance against Matthysse, one of most hardest punchers in boxing. I can see Roman dropping though since he's been fighting cab drivers lately. What's your list currently like?

I don't really keep a list, but off the top of my head..

Floyd seems to he head and shoulders above everyone
Ward and Bradley are almost interchangeble because of the year Bradley has had
After that in no order...
Froch, deserves it he fights everyone and has been on a Hell of a run.
Martinez, still the best mw in the world even though he's a little undersized.
Bhop, still seems to be Sharp even though he lost to chad.
I'm gonna get heat for this one I bet, but mares also deserves to stay up there the guy has lost only once (just as bhop lost and stays up there) while fighting top dog after top dog across what? 3 divisions?
Rigo, self explanatory.
Vitaly
Danny Garcia
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 17 2013, 11:51 AM) *
1. Calzaghe
2. Mayweather
3. Donaire
4. Broner
5. Rigondeaux (I guess)

Lmao!! I personally hate Joe's style yet it is very effective. I have wondered how he would have done with the likes of Froch, Dirrell, Ward, Abraham.....matter fact that should be my next posting. Thank you shel for the inspiration.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 17 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Lmao!! I personally hate Joe's style yet it is very effective. I have wondered how he would have done with the likes of Froch, Dirrell, Ward, Abraham.....matter fact that should be my next posting. Thank you shel for the inspiration.

Im glad that you found the silver lining, in the midst of my troll attempt.

laugh.gif
klonopinz
1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Tim Bradley
3. Danny Garcia
4. Andre Ward
5. Bernard Hopkins
6. Sergio Martinez
7. Mikey Garcia
8. Guiilermo Rigondeauc
9. Manny Pacquiao
10. Gennady Golovkin

some i put on here out of respect, such as pacquiao and ward, even though they may have lost, been inactive or injured. I didn't include heavyweights because i just don't care about the division, and i dont even think about or consider heavyweight boxing at all when i think of boxing.
Kratza
I'm surprised wards still up there for you guys IMO he's been too inactive my list goes
Mayweather
Bradley
W Klitschko simply because he's beat everyone put in front of him
And also Garcia is top 5 aswell
The Original MrFactor
I hate p4p lists. Is there a standard set of operating rules that everyone uses to make one? What is the criteria for a p4p list? Just curious...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 18 2013, 10:24 AM) *
I hate p4p lists. Is there a standard set of operating rules that everyone uses to make one? What is the criteria for a p4p list? Just curious...

I think it banks on skill, overall ability vs. current wins and activity.. unless your talking about all time.. then the current goes out the window

And since we are shaking it up a little. Here goes mine

1.) DaProfesser
2.) Ronald McDonald
3.) Obama care
4.) Pacman..( no..the video game version)
5.) John Mclain.
...... Wait sry wrong list.. that's my all time hero list..

Franchize
My list goes as follows:

1.Mayweather
2.Ward
3.Rigondeaux
4.Vitali Klitschko
5.Wladimir Klinch-KO
6.Martinez
7.Hopkins
8.Alvarez
9.Bradley
10. Garcia
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Oct 18 2013, 12:26 AM) *
I didn't include heavyweights because i just don't care about the division, and i dont even think about or consider heavyweight boxing at all when i think of boxing.

Is this some typa bad childhood experience or something? Plz explain
Franchize
Mikey Garcia is definitely in my honorable mention category. I think he's better than Bradley and Garcia but you almost have to give them the edge because of their recent accomplishments.
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 18 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Is this some typa bad childhood experience or something? Plz explain

Probably watched the wlad fight Lmao that would be enough to scar me
Jovi
1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Rigondeax
Top 3 are easy now here it gets harder
4. MIkeyGarcia
5. Danny garcia
6. Keith Thurman
7. Broner
8. Golovkin
9. Lara/Canelo- hopefulyl they fight soon for this spot
10. hard spot Adonis stevenson, MArtinez, or Pacquiao
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 19 2013, 10:45 AM) *
1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Rigondeax
Top 3 are easy now here it gets harder
4. MIkeyGarcia
5. Danny garcia
6. Keith Thurman
7. Broner
8. Golovkin
9. Lara/Canelo- hopefulyl they fight soon for this spot
10. hard spot Adonis stevenson, MArtinez, or Pacquiao

Keith Thurman?! Already?! Before Stevenson, Martinez, and Pacquiao? Didn't some of yall blow Matthysse up like this? I haven't seen Matthysse on anybody's list since his loss to Garcia.
Jovi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 19 2013, 12:04 PM) *
Keith Thurman?! Already?! Before Stevenson, Martinez, and Pacquiao? Didn't some of yall blow Matthysse up like this? I haven't seen Matthysse on anybody's list since his loss to Garcia.

I did write this after a wake a bake, but i put Thurman really high because i dont see alot of people beating him, anyone i ranked under him i believe would lose against thurman (Golovkin and stevenson dont count).

I was rocking with MAtthysse, and he still is a forced, but he didnt adjust well so he is a variable. I think he will come back better, hes in the top 20.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 19 2013, 03:53 PM) *
I did write this after a wake a bake, but i put Thurman really high because i dont see alot of people beating him, anyone i ranked under him i believe would lose against thurman (Golovkin and stevenson dont count).

I was rocking with MAtthysse, and he still is a forced, but he didnt adjust well so he is a variable. I think he will come back better, hes in the top 20.

I like Therman too my dude,.... But we can't rank someone on who they haven't beat yet..

I see him becoming the guy no-one wants no parts of.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 19 2013, 12:04 PM) *

I don't think Thurman should be in the mix yet, Im a big Lucas fan but I didn't even talk about him or garcia being p4p before their fight. That fight was gonna launch the winner in there tho

Not the best list, at least in my taste, jovi. But pretty much everyone has a different p4p list, it pretty much is all about taste.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 19 2013, 03:53 PM) *

Oh those "wake & bake" posts! laugh.gif

I'm cool with your list, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion (which means a rat's ass, lol), I think we should let Keith cook a little longer. We don;t have to give him the "crock pot" treatment, but I think we should let him cook a little longer. Lol

I dont see many people beating him either, and he's given us reason enough to believe so.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 19 2013, 04:45 PM) *
I don't think Thurman should be in the mix yet, Im a big Lucas fan but I didn't even talk about him or garcia being p4p before their fight. That fight was gonna launch the winner in there tho

Not the best list, at least in my taste, jovi. But pretty much everyone has a different p4p list, it pretty much is all about taste.

That fight was a make or break situation though, I agree. I think the Lucas came up the hard way in order to even get that shot at what would've been P4P status, but Danny had it even worse because of the pressure of keeping those titles.

Not even sure why I'm giving my opinion, when I've yet to post a P4P list. I need you guys to call me out on stuff like that...Im the worst. Just say, "Hey Cshel, why wont you just STFU and at least give us a P4P list for fuck's sake". laugh.gif

Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 18 2013, 04:17 PM) *
My list goes as follows:

1.Mayweather
2.Ward
3.Rigondeaux
4.Vitali Klitschko
5.Wladimir Klinch-KO
6.Martinez
7.Hopkins
8.Alvarez
9.Bradley
10. Garcia

I have almost exactly the same but I have JMM at #6 and Wlad at 10. With honorable mentions to Mikey, Canelo and Pac.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 19 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Oh those "wake & bake" posts! laugh.gif

I'm cool with your list, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion (which means a rat's ass, lol), I think we should let Keith cook a little longer. We don;t have to give him the "crock pot" treatment, but I think we should let him cook a little longer. Lol

I dont see many people beating him either, and he's given us reason enough to believe so.

That fight was a make or break situation though, I agree. I think the Lucas came up the hard way in order to even get that shot at what would've been P4P status, but Danny had it even worse because of the pressure of keeping those titles.

Not even sure why I'm giving my opinion, when I've yet to post a P4P list. I need you guys to call me out on stuff like that...Im the worst. Just say, "Hey Cshel, why wont you just STFU and at least give us a P4P list for fuck's sake". laugh.gif

Shel... .stfu and please post your p4p list lmaooo its killing me to know.
Btw, Danny should be atleast in the top 15 and I put Matthysse in the top 20 as I think his win/performance vs Lamont was very shocking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.