Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARUM TELLS RIGONDEAX TO FIGHT MORE FAN FRIENDLY
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
MAHDI
You tell one of the best P4p guys in the world to fight more fan friendly??? He wants him to pull a Tim Bradley... bullshit
mgrover
I doubt it's even that, it's hit the guy more. He throws punches like their golden eggs.
MAHDI
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 20 2013, 10:29 AM) *
I doubt it's even that, it's hit the guy more. He throws punches like their golden eggs.

LMAO
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Oct 20 2013, 08:51 AM) *
You tell one of the best P4p guys in the world to fight more fan friendly??? He wants him to pull a Tim Bradley... bullshit

Exactly!!

A world class boxer shouldn't do anything but what he does and that is box someone's ears off and so what if they cannot adjust, he should just continue to do what he is doing. Nevermind pleasing some crowd, this is the hurt business and at the end of the day you're stating that because you are some fan who could care less what happens to the boxer in the future regarding his health then he should risk taking punishment to please you??? :KO:

Who are we (the boxing Public) to demand that someone attempts to please us while putting their very life or at least their health in jeopardy just because you pay a lousy little 70 bucks for a PPV??

The arrogance and idiocy of the so called "boxing public" is just sheer stupidity nowadays, which one of us would risk our health or life on our current employment if they told us you have to take on 2 rounds with Tyson and oh, btw we're only going to pay you 70 extra bucks/the cost of what it is going to be for us to watch? (rhetorical question).

Just because people are action junkies these days and want to see blood and guts doesn't mean that Rigo or any other boxer for that matter should change his style to please or suit you or anyone else.

mrchitown
Well I doubt Rigondeaux listens to him so screw it
DigitalBoom
I'm sure Arum has no problem letting Rigo fight the way he wants just don't expect massive paydays for it and then go crying to the public when you get offered pocket change for bouts. I'm sorry I know it's the sweet science but i've always believed athletes who risk more should be rewarded more. Look at Santa Cruz and look at Mikey Garcia..they aren't being heavily pushed but they've become word of mouth names that people are interested in seeing because they put on a show that's more universally friendly and in order to do that put themselves at risk moreso than a fighter who fights on his back leg constantly. I like Rigo but he's representative of a latin fight crowd and that crowd loves to see firefights. Hell Rigo makes Floyd look like the an incredibly offensive fighter by comparison. I think Rigo would be better served to have a greater punch output without changing up his style too much...you can punch more and not increase the risk of damage that much. I still believe Rigo could've KO'd Donaire but he refused to go for it...we all appreciate Floyd but can't nobody here deny they enjoyed what Floyd did to Hatton and he didn't put himself at risk once.
Franchize
This shit burned me up when I read it. How about doing your job and stop taking the easy way out in promotion. He just whooped up on a guy most assumed was the best in the division with relative ease. If you can't find a way to market that, then the only thing he should be re-evaluating is why he needs you in the first place. But then again, this is the same prick that put the great Floyd Mayweather on the back burner.
mrchitown
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 20 2013, 01:40 PM) *
I'm sure Arum has no problem letting Rigo fight the way he wants just don't expect massive paydays for it and then go crying to the public when you get offered pocket change for bouts. I'm sorry I know it's the sweet science but i've always believed athletes who risk more should be rewarded more. Look at Santa Cruz and look at Mikey Garcia..they aren't being heavily pushed but they've become word of mouth names that people are interested in seeing because they put on a show that's more universally friendly and in order to do that put themselves at risk moreso than a fighter who fights on his back leg constantly. I like Rigo but he's representative of a latin fight crowd and that crowd loves to see firefights. Hell Rigo makes Floyd look like the an incredibly offensive fighter by comparison. I think Rigo would be better served to have a greater punch output without changing up his style too much...you can punch more and not increase the risk of damage that much. I still believe Rigo could've KO'd Donaire but he refused to go for it...we all appreciate Floyd but can't nobody here deny they enjoyed what Floyd did to Hatton and he didn't put himself at risk once.

First off the reason Mayweather fought that way against Hatton was because Hatton forced him too. Ricky wasn't going to sit back and let Floyd do what he normally does, he brought out the best in Mayweather. Don't act like if Floyd had the option, he wouldn't of just banked rounds by throwing the occasional left hook right hands all night

Rigondeaux's style is perfect for him and I see no need for him to switch it up. He's a counter puncher, wtf don't people understand about that. This is why his punch output is the way it is. I do think he should and could raise his punch output a bit mor but why would he when he's whooping these dudes easily.

I like a good blood and guts fight too but it's the sweet science not the back yard bare knuckle tournament. Using Leo was a bad example, if he doesn't adjust his style he's going to be short many brain cells. And we need to cut the shit and put everything in perspective here in regards to Arum. He had ZERO problems finding Rigondeaux fights before he starched Nonito with that unpopular fighting style, he had ZERO problems about Rigo's style before that fight, if he did he never said anything about it until the Nonito fight. After his and HBO's agenda was crushed, then came the bashing. I don't take anything this man says serious. He almost always has an ulterior motive
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 20 2013, 01:19 PM) *
Well I doubt Rigondeaux listens to him so screw it

This shit right here. On point

If he wants him to be more fan friendly and take risks, give him a fucking reason to! Pay the guy, give him fights, actually promote the motherfucker you old dickhead..
Cshel86
Bob Arum's my pastor!
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 20 2013, 05:17 PM) *

If he wants him to be more fan friendly and take risks, give him a fucking reason to! Pay the guy, give him fights, actually promote the motherfucker you old dickhead..

Rigo doesn't give a damn about what Arum says and his manager/promoter, I forget which one he is. Gary Hyde doesn't give a damn about him either. He's gon on countless tirades about how Arum treats Rigo. They probably told him anything to get him off the phone
Dolimite
I guess he wants Rigondeaux to get Pacquiaoed. Not going to happen. people still appreciate good boxing. Rig should see the writing on the wall, he needs to jump ship and work with someone who appreciates his fighting skills. Arum is going to lose a top top top talent. Who does Arum has in his stable as talented as Rig? The guy is making a big mistake.
mrchitown
Arum's agenda is clear. Look how he slobs all over Ruslan and that's not even his fighter. Ruslan is promoted by K2. Buy he copromotes Rigo and shits on him. He gives Ruslan high praise and some of it is deserved but let's not act like Provodnikov isn't limited. If not Bradley then somebody will come along and box him and bust him up. Plus I heard some idiot in the thread last night say he has an iron chin. Yeah right he got hurt multiple times by Bradley who doesn't have much pop and Alvarado hurt him a few times too. If you box him and hit him with power shots, he'd be in the same position Alvarado was in last night
bnoles4life
"fight a more fan-friendly fight..." (translation: Let the other guy hit you)
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 20 2013, 02:23 PM) *
First off the reason Mayweather fought that way against Hatton was because Hatton forced him too. Ricky wasn't going to sit back and let Floyd do what he normally does, he brought out the best in Mayweather. Don't act like if Floyd had the option, he wouldn't of just banked rounds by throwing the occasional left hook right hands all night

Rigondeaux's style is perfect for him and I see no need for him to switch it up. He's a counter puncher, wtf don't people understand about that. This is why his punch output is the way it is. I do think he should and could raise his punch output a bit mor but why would he when he's whooping these dudes easily.

I like a good blood and guts fight too but it's the sweet science not the back yard bare knuckle tournament. Using Leo was a bad example, if he doesn't adjust his style he's going to be short many brain cells. And we need to cut the shit and put everything in perspective here in regards to Arum. He had ZERO problems finding Rigondeaux fights before he starched Nonito with that unpopular fighting style, he had ZERO problems about Rigo's style before that fight, if he did he never said anything about it until the Nonito fight. After his and HBO's agenda was crushed, then came the bashing. I don't take anything this man says serious. He almost always has an ulterior motive

Exactly!! Why anyone gives any credence to the ish Bob Arum says is beyond me, dude readily admits "yesterday I was lying but today I'm telling the truth" so we should believe this shyster Jew Lawyer (Liar) everytime he makes a statement?? Arum's HBO agenda was tanked the minute that Rigo beat Nonito easily.
DigitalBoom
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 20 2013, 03:23 PM) *

I'm sorry man but we don't live in an era where science and chess are in demand by the majority of fans. If you have the majority of the buyers being fans of kush you can't expect to sell much of that low grade bud. I like technicians just as much as I like brawlers but you and I are in the minority and the star issue isn't limited to Rigo,when the option is to make a few hundred k or a few million at this stage of your career (he ain't no spring chicken) go for the money. It's not like if he changed up we'd forget this dude was a master of the craft but you have to be realistic here. Arum wanted Rigo to be a star he wanted to lock the latin market on both west and east of the U.S. but when Rigo is asking for a million plus per bout and the ratings he gets don't show the networks he deserves it you end up with this issue. Look at Sergio Martinez he had to plaster Paul Williams to finally break through but he got it and he understood what the market wants versus what you want to do. I've been to two Rigo fights and haven't paid for either one because they were virtually giving the tickets away and while I like Rigo his style just hasn't caught on with the casual market and it's the same case with Bradley..two fine fighters and warriors how just don't have a style that really appeals to todays audience. Regarding Arum, we know the devil because he tells us he's the devil..Arum 2.0 = Richard Schaeffer is worse in my opinion because he's done a great job at looking like the saint. Hell when Dibella has an issue with you I know you are an a-hole and Dibella has tried pairing Sergio up with GBP fighters since 2009..where has that gone?

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 12:02 AM) *
Exactly!! Why anyone gives any credence to the ish Bob Arum says is beyond me, dude readily admits "yesterday I was lying but today I'm telling the truth" so we should believe this shyster Jew Lawyer (Liar) everytime he makes a statement?? Arum's HBO agenda was tanked the minute that Rigo beat Nonito easily.

Let's leave the race/religion out of this because if we really get into that we have to take it back to who he learned to be shady from and that person isn't jewish or white. You seem to think Schaffer is better and i'll completely disagree for a number of reasons which Dibella, Duva, and many other small time promoters if engaged in conversation will happily break down for you. Lot's of the Arum hates circles around his split with Mayweather and the Pacquaio fight never being made...now let's see how many promoters GBP has been willing to work with not named Top Rank...so again if we break it down we come to the one common denominator here..and it's not Arum.
mrchitown
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 20 2013, 11:41 PM) *
I'm sorry man but we don't live in an era where science and chess are in demand by the majority of fans. If you have the majority of the buyers being fans of kush you can't expect to sell much of that low grade bud. I like technicians just as much as I like brawlers but you and I are in the minority and the star issue isn't limited to Rigo,when the option is to make a few hundred k or a few million at this stage of your career (he ain't no spring chicken) go for the money. It's not like if he changed up we'd forget this dude was a master of the craft but you have to be realistic here. Arum wanted Rigo to be a star he wanted to lock the latin market on both west and east of the U.S. but when Rigo is asking for a million plus per bout and the ratings he gets don't show the networks he deserves it you end up with this issue. Look at Sergio Martinez he had to plaster Paul Williams to finally break through but he got it and he understood what the market wants versus what you want to do. I've been to two Rigo fights and haven't paid for either one because they were virtually giving the tickets away and while I like Rigo his style just hasn't caught on with the casual market and it's the same case with Bradley..two fine fighters and warriors how just don't have a style that really appeals to todays audience. Regarding Arum, we know the devil because he tells us he's the devil..Arum 2.0 = Richard Schaeffer is worse in my opinion because he's done a great job at looking like the saint. Hell when Dibella has an issue with you I know you are an a-hole and Dibella has tried pairing Sergio up with GBP fighters since 2009..where has that gone?

Have to disagree yet again, I can tell I'm probably the only business owner on here lol. Dude, people don't know what they like, you tell them what they like. The avg consumer is nothing more then just a zombie and you can dictate to them which way you want to take them. That's the facts. And another fact is you can't change history. Things may evolve but the history of something never changes it was and always will be the sweet science so any hardcore or casual fan bitching about that needs to grab some tissue and switch to the MLB playoffs.

Arturo Gatti switched his style up and look what happened to him? Plenty of fighters throughout history switched their style up to accommodate the public and look where it got them. I commend the athletes in any sport who don't change their style and cave in to public pressure because some idiot who can't even so what they do wants them too. Like D Rose for example. I see these out of shape clowns saying he needs to switch up but thru 5 preseason games he's looking better then he did before he was injured. Sports needs fans but fans are not always right

Bradley fights a bit more exciting now and he still can't draw flies to shit. Andre Ward gets shit which surprises me because he's a very exciting fighter. What makes his fights seem boring is that he takes away his opponents weapons and makes them look like amateurs but he gets the shit end of the stick because of it. The way Arum wants Rigondeaux to fight usually ends with the fighter being broke and busted out. It may be Arum's business but it's Rigo's brand and his brand is his business. When his career is over he will leave with his faculties intact. Probably no slurred speech and be able to enjoy life. Can we say the same for Mares, Santa Cruz, Alvarado, and Ruslan for example. Time will tell but the odds ain't in there favor

You think Schaefer is worse then Arum? To each his own. I agree Dibella didn't make any fight for Sergio with GB, but let's not act like Arum doesn't do ALL in house match making and when he does go outside of the company he wants options on that fighter. That's what he did with Ruslan. He's the king of rematches. You ask him what's next for his fighters and at least 3 of the 4 options are rematches. Ain't no saints in Boxing. Unlike Don King more then I like Arum
Franchize
This may sound like an odd comparison, but when Jay-Z decided to get into sports agency, he really didn't do it for the huge profits. He basically went into it to put other agents feet to the fire. When a prospect comes out of HS, the moment he becomes eligible for the draft (really before that) these agents pitch the same shit to him. Hit up the same sneaker companies. Hit up a soda company. Then they sit on their hands. They don't think outside of the box. Bob Arum is a lazy promoter. His fights are permutations of the same fighters. If you're anything other than a balls to the wall fighter then he wants nothing to do with you. At some point, someone needs to call him out OTHER than Floyd Mayweather. I thought it would be Bradley but it seems like he's backed off.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 20 2013, 02:58 PM) *
This shit burned me up when I read it. How about doing your job and stop taking the easy way out in promotion. He just whooped up on a guy most assumed was the best in the division with relative ease. If you can't find a way to market that, then the only thing he should be re-evaluating is why he needs you in the first place. But then again, this is the same prick that put the great Floyd Mayweather on the back burner.

Yeah... mayweather remained in obscurity for more than a few minutes

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 20 2013, 06:17 PM) *

I agree...

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 20 2013, 11:00 PM) *
"fight a more fan-friendly fight..." (translation: Let the other guy hit you)

LMAO-- people just hate a guy who is too good to get beat up in the ring--- that is what PUGILISM is all about--
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 21 2013, 11:58 AM) *
This may sound like an odd comparison, but when Jay-Z decided to get into sports agency, he really didn't do it for the huge profits. He basically went into it to put other agents feet to the fire. When a prospect comes out of HS, the moment he becomes eligible for the draft (really before that) these agents pitch the same shit to him. Hit up the same sneaker companies. Hit up a soda company. Then they sit on their hands. They don't think outside of the box. Bob Arum is a lazy promoter. His fights are permutations of the same fighters. If you're anything other than a balls to the wall fighter then he wants nothing to do with you. At some point, someone needs to call him out OTHER than Floyd Mayweather. I thought it would be Bradley but it seems like he's backed off.

Da hell you talking about, everything homie do is for profit lol....Jay is a bad example. That new album he got out has changed the landscape for the worse, on a business end it was great but on the hip-hop side of things he sold out. LL and other peers of his have blasted him for it and the hip-hop community, though I don't know how sizeable feels it was a sellout move too. No one believes that album is plat, he sold a mil copies to samsung but not the actual consumer, the he talks about new rules, FOH lol

Now his sports agency, that ain't really his. Why people give this dude so much credit for not doing shit is baffling lol. He's in collaboration with CAA, for those of you who don't know that's Creative arts agency and their a powerhouse in the sports agent industry, when they sign to Jay, they signed to CAA. Don't let the wool get pulled over your eyes. You comparing the same dudes, they both don't do shit unless it's for the money. One just happens to be black the other white
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Da hell you talking about, everything homie do is for profit lol....Jay is a bad example. That new album he got out has changed the landscape for the worse, on a business end it was great but on the hip-hop side of things he sold out. LL and other peers of his have blasted him for it and the hip-hop community, though I don't know how sizeable feels it was a sellout move too. No one believes that album is plat, he sold a mil copies to samsung but not the actual consumer, the he talks about new rules, FOH lol

Now his sports agency, that ain't really his. Why people give this dude so much credit for not doing shit is baffling lol. He's in collaboration with CAA, for those of you who don't know that's Creative arts agency and their a powerhouse in the sports agent industry, when they sign to Jay, they signed to CAA. Don't let the wool get pulled over your eyes. You comparing the same dudes, they both don't do shit unless it's for the money. One just happens to be black the other white

I was wondering why he even pulled that move, I mean shit, its a pretty good album, one of his best in a while, so it was no need to take that Samsung route like that. The commercials he made with the top tier producers in the game, was enough to sell me, and Im never the first to jump on the Jay-Z bandwagon when his albums drop.

Leave it to some of these cats out here (mostly guys that work with), from what I was hearing about his recent album, dudes were calling it the "album of the year", and they hadn't even played 3 songs yet. The pink panties get to flying real quick, when Jay drops something. laugh.gif

As for LL, I remember reading his "thoughts" on Jay went about the Magna Carta album. My question is, when ISN'T LL in his feelings about stuff?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 20 2013, 11:41 PM) *

Let's leave the race/religion out of this because if we really get into that we have to take it back to who he learned to be shady from and that person isn't jewish or white. You seem to think Schaffer is better and i'll completely disagree for a number of reasons which Dibella, Duva, and many other small time promoters if engaged in conversation will happily break down for you. Lot's of the Arum hates circles around his split with Mayweather and the Pacquaio fight never being made...now let's see how many promoters GBP has been willing to work with not named Top Rank...so again if we break it down we come to the one common denominator here..and it's not Arum.

I personally do not believe any one Promoter to be any better than the other because they're all chasing the dollar as much as the next one but Dibella, Duva or Schaefer aren't the ones preventing us from seeing some of the best fights at WW now are they??

Bob Arum is a lying sack of sh*t and you're right being Jewish has nothing to do with it but truthfully speaking Arum is the common denominator as to why Pac vs Floyd, Pac vs Bradley hasn't or probably won't and it is the reason why we didn't get Floyd vs Cotto until Miguel left TR. That is the undisputed truth no matter how you slice it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2013, 08:06 PM) *
I was wondering why he even pulled that move, I mean shit, its a pretty good album, one of his best in a while, so it was no need to take that Samsung route like that. The commercials he made with the top tier producers in the game, was enough to sell me, and Im never the first to jump on the Jay-Z bandwagon when his albums drop.

Leave it to some of these cats out here (mostly guys that work with), from what I was hearing about his recent album, dudes were calling it the "album of the year", and they hadn't even played 3 songs yet. The pink panties get to flying real quick, when Jay drops something. laugh.gif

As for LL, I remember reading his "thoughts" on Jay went about the Magna Carta album. My question is, when ISN'T LL in his feelings about stuff?

I like Jay Z but I never saw the greatness that many see in him. He's lost multiple battles been busted upside his head by Pun(rip) and didn't do shit. And he makes all this money and doesn't give back. Harry Belafonte called him out and he tried to snap back until the media dug deep into his and Beyonce's history of giving back which is damn near non-existent.

He gets too much credit for things he don't really do. Like this sports agency stuff, he got in the game by partnering with the biggest sports agency in the world in CAA. But people think he's the brain trust lol. As far as that album goes that was the Illest move from a business pov because it's never been done before and it was monumental from that standpoint. But from a hip-hop pov it was one of the biggest sell out moves ever. You sell a million copies to a corporation but not to a million people. It's the people that count not the fortune 500's but to him that's all that matters is the money.

That's what LL brought up as well he and other legends like KRS feel it was a sellout move. Not many fans was feeling it either. Pusha T's album that's out now is better then Jay's, so is J. Cole's new joint
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 08:54 PM) *
I personally do not believe any one Promoter to be any better than the other because they're all chasing the dollar as much as the next one but Dibella, Duva or Schaefer aren't the ones preventing us from seeing some of the best fights at WW now are they??

Bob Arum is a lying sack of sh*t and you're right being Jewish has nothing to do with it but truthfully speaking Arum is the common denominator as to why Pac vs Floyd, Pac vs Bradley hasn't or probably won't and it is the reason why we didn't get Floyd vs Cotto until Miguel left TR. That is the undisputed truth no matter how you slice it.

Don't forget Goosen and Shaw either.....Arum carries grudges more then most promoters it seems and i've never seem someone nuthug one of their fighters and degrade one of their fighters in the manner in which he does sometimes
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Don't forget Goosen and Shaw either.....Arum carries grudges more then most promoters it seems and i've never seem someone nuthug one of their fighters and degrade one of their fighters in the manner in which he does sometimes

Exactly!! Case in point, he's telling Rigo to fight more of a "fan friendly" style aka in other words abandon your defensive skills/fight recklessly while leaving yourself exposed or available to counters for a possible KO at the risk of pleasing the crowd or the way he shelved Bradley after his fight with Manny until Tim had to show that he too can be a demonstrative Caveman and abandon all of his skills thus throwing caution to the wind nearly risking a KO let alone all the health issues he suffered after the Provo fight and for what?

The benefit of some lousy and uncaring action crazed junkie who paid 60-70 bucks for a PPV.

Pathetic!!
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 21 2013, 02:00 PM) *

Sounds like a lot of hate bruh lol. LL Cool J can't call anybody a sell out. Have you ever heard Walking with a Panther? And I'm from Queens. LL is salty about Jay-Z not "promoting his album properly" when he was president of Def Jam. I won't even get into the quality of Jay-Z's album. Anyone who thinks it's wack clearly doesn't get the deeper meaning of the songs but whatever. Bottom line is, he has a longer resume than anyone in HipHop history...and I'll leave it at that. I don't think he needed the Samsung deal to sell. How many albums of his went platinum again? And the "new rules" thing referred to just that. He had a company buy his album before it even dropped. It had it's own app associated with it. It dropped on July 4th which was a Thursday. The video for Picasso Baby was like an art exhibit. He didn't really drop a single before the album. So "new rules" meant he was breaking from the norm.

As for the sports agency thing, you completely missed my point. #1 I never said whether he was a partner or not. #2 I never said he didn't get any profit. His intent was to shake up the sports agency game. He's not alone. Master P tried the same thing. Jay-Z's sports venutre is far from his most lucrative business move and he said it wouldn't be from the start.

Can we not make this a rapper debate like other threads? That was really a minuscule point in a bigger picture I was explaining.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 21 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Sounds like a lot of hate bruh lol. LL Cool J can't call anybody a sell out. Have you ever heard Walking with a Panther? And I'm from Queens. LL is salty about Jay-Z not "promoting his album properly" when he was president of Def Jam. I won't even get into the quality of Jay-Z's album. Anyone who thinks it's wack clearly doesn't get the deeper meaning of the songs but whatever. Bottom line is, he has a longer resume than anyone in HipHop history...and I'll leave it at that. I don't think he needed the Samsung deal to sell. How many albums of his went platinum again? And the "new rules" thing referred to just that. He had a company buy his album before it even dropped. It had it's own app associated with it. It dropped on July 4th which was a Thursday. The video for Picasso Baby was like an art exhibit. He didn't really drop a single before the album. So "new rules" meant he was breaking from the norm.

As for the sports agency thing, you completely missed my point. #1 I never said whether he was a partner or not. #2 I never said he didn't get any profit. His intent was to shake up the sports agency game. He's not alone. Master P tried the same thing. Jay-Z's sports venutre is far from his most lucrative business move and he said it wouldn't be from the start.

Can we not make this a rapper debate like other threads? That was really a minuscule point in a bigger picture I was explaining.

Nah sounds like a Jay Z Stan on here so we will agree to disagree on someone who happens to be very over-rated. I said what bi said to state my opinion which is he and Arum are similar and I stand by that
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Exactly!! Case in point, he's telling Rigo to fight more of a "fan friendly" style aka in other words abandon your defensive skills/fight recklessly while leaving yourself exposed or available to counters for a possible KO at the risk of pleasing the crowd or the way he shelved Bradley after his fight with Manny until Tim had to show that he too can be a demonstrative Caveman and abandon all of his skills thus throwing caution to the wind nearly risking a KO let alone all the health issues he suffered after the Provo fight and for what?

The benefit of some lousy and uncaring action crazed junkie who paid 60-70 bucks for a PPV.

Pathetic!!

That's what I try to explain to people. Who doesn't want to make the big bucks and get all the love from the fans but st the end of the day you got to go home to your family and how you going to enjoy that money later in life which is really what it's for any way when your older. Ruslan and fighters like Rios probably will have issued but it's ok because they fought for the fans and got their heads bashed in

Look at the longevity in floyd and Hopkins. That's saying something
Franchize
End of the day, Arum preys on gullible foreign fighters who he thinks don't know any better. The scariest thing to a guy like Arum is a black man who knows what the fuck he's talking about. That is why I think he'll never promote Tim Bradley properly. I also don't think he banked on Guillermo Rigondeaux putting up such a fuss. I think Arum thinks with his fighters "I took you out of the slums and gave you some money. You should be perfectly content with being my underpaid slave." Anyone not going along with the program all of a sudden is not "fan friendly" or is ducking somebody.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 09:08 AM) *
End of the day, Arum preys on gullible foreign fighters who he thinks don't know any better. The scariest thing to a guy like Arum is a black man who knows what the fuck he's talking about. That is why I think he'll never promote Tim Bradley properly. I also don't think he banked on Guillermo Rigondeaux putting up such a fuss. I think Arum thinks with his fighters "I took you out of the slums and gave you some money. You should be perfectly content with being my underpaid slave." Anyone not going along with the program all of a sudden is not "fan friendly" or is ducking somebody.

You got that right, I don't understand how people don't see his strong dislike for black fighters, well some not all. Wait til Crawford has another dull outing, we're going to have to hear his mouth about how Terrence needs to fight more offensive and this and that and blah blah blah. I think he underestimated Rigondeaux's whole team, he thought he was just going to keep sending shots at then and then when it was time for them to respond be too scared to say something back. I also think he's underestimating Bradley
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:34 AM) *
You got that right, I don't understand how people don't see his strong dislike for black fighters, well some not all. Wait til Crawford has another dull outing, we're going to have to hear his mouth about how Terrence needs to fight more offensive and this and that and blah blah blah. I think he underestimated Rigondeaux's whole team, he thought he was just going to keep sending shots at then and then when it was time for them to respond be too scared to say something back. I also think he's underestimating Bradley

I agree especially about Rigo. I think, for the jump, you can tell Tim is pretty intelligent and about his business. I think he thought Rigo was going to be his little foreign slave. Like he picked him up outside of a Home Depot waiting for work. But I'll take it a step further. I don't think he thought he'd beat Donaire.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 07:58 PM) *
I agree especially about Rigo. I think, for the jump, you can tell Tim is pretty intelligent and about his business. I think he thought Rigo was going to be his little foreign slave. Like he picked him up outside of a Home Depot waiting for work. But I'll take it a step further. I don't think he thought he'd beat Donaire.

I agree, he thinks that people are going to just let him get away with taking these cheap shots at them. Arum seems to think more highly of himself then others do. He never thought Rigondeaux would defeat Nonito. If Nonito would have won that fight he wouldn't have had a bad word to say about Rigondeaux. He would've spoke of how he gave a great effort and on and on, but because Rigo upset the applecart in a major way, he's getting dissed by the network and his own promoter who's supposed to have his back. He sent shots at them and they sent shots right back. If he tries to do that stuff with Tim, I have a feeling he's going to bite off more then he can chew
emd01
I wonder why people even listen to Arum anymore. The old guy is worse than King. Bet he smells like geritol and merlot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 08:58 PM) *

I cant say that Timmy was all that smart. He turned down $2.5M to face a guy (Peterson) that he had already beaten years ago. This was AFTER the Pacquiao fight, which he was guaranteed $5M. Not only that, but Tim knew that the fight didn't sell well, and the whole thing backfired, so why not take half of that money to stay busy?

To make matters worse, he was almost on "shelf" status, when he started blabbing about Arum and so on. He went on to take what Im sure was a smaller amount against Provonikov, who almost knocked him out of the Stub Hub Center. Sitting around demanding $10M for a Pac rematch, while turning down $2.5M, just to go on and almost jizz it away against a more dangerous fighter for even less, isn't the smartest thing Bradley's done in his career. Lol

For all I know though, that who debacle with him and Arum, the first Pac fight, rematch talks, and the declined Peterson rematch...could all be Tim and Bob's organized shenanigans. Just the talks, doubts, and "uncertain certainties" before and after the Pac match, put me in the mindset that Bob was doing his usual ventriloquist show with Tim, or Tim just sounds corny and uncertain all the time. Lol

I can see Bob letting Rigondeaux slide out of his contract, just as he did with Gamboa...there's nothing that he can do with their images anyway. Now, for Chavez and Donaire, they should be ready for backlash and litigation, if they ever decide to try and jump ship...as if it hasn't happened before.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 23 2013, 09:25 AM) *
I cant say that Timmy was all that smart. He turned down $2.5M to face a guy (Peterson) that he had already beaten years ago. This was AFTER the Pacquiao fight, which he was guaranteed $5M. Not only that, but Tim knew that the fight didn't sell well, and the whole thing backfired, so why not take half of that money to stay busy?

To make matters worse, he was almost on "shelf" status, when he started blabbing about Arum and so on. He went on to take what Im sure was a smaller amount against Provonikov, who almost knocked him out of the Stub Hub Center. Sitting around demanding $10M for a Pac rematch, while turning down $2.5M, just to go on and almost jizz it away against a more dangerous fighter for even less, isn't the smartest thing Bradley's done in his career. Lol

For all I know though, that who debacle with him and Arum, the first Pac fight, rematch talks, and the declined Peterson rematch...could all be Tim and Bob's organized shenanigans. Just the talks, doubts, and "uncertain certainties" before and after the Pac match, put me in the mindset that Bob was doing his usual ventriloquist show with Tim, or Tim just sounds corny and uncertain all the time. Lol

I can see Bob letting Rigondeaux slide out of his contract, just as he did with Gamboa...there's nothing that he can do with their images anyway. Now, for Chavez and Donaire, they should be ready for backlash and litigation, if they ever decide to try and jump ship...as if it hasn't happened before.

I meant smart as in not some dude agreeing to and signing whatever. He actually speaks up in regards to his career as opposed to most fighters getting dicked around and being yes men. Also, he talked a good enough game to get that Pacquiao fight.
KOpower
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 22 2013, 10:34 AM) *

Please, Arum is not a racist. He has nothing against black fighters. I don't like Arum, I think his PPV cards are trash, and I want to see him out of boxing...but calling the man a racist is idiotic.
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Oct 24 2013, 07:39 PM) *
Please, Arum is not a racist. He has nothing against black fighters. I don't like Arum, I think his PPV cards are trash, and I want to see him out of boxing...but calling the man a racist is idiotic.

Wtf? Did you hear me call him a racist stupid! I said he has a strong dislike of black fighters. Don't enter the arena with me bro cuz you will get your dumb ass dusted. Suck his dick if you want to but the proof is in the pudding. This is the same guy who told Floyd that his people don't buy things.... i.e. PPV's. This is what had me look at the man funny. Wtf does that even mean? So we bootleggers or some shit? When Floyd wanted to change his image he had a problem with the direction Floyd wanted to go in. If you look at Arum's history he's always calling black fighters the next fill in the blank boxer. Much the way he called Mayweather Jr the next Ray Leonard. Name the African American fighters on Arum's roster?

You say he's not a racist but this is the same guy who dissed MMA fans and called them a racial slur. Look at his treatment of Rigondeaux, he took shots at Crawford after his last performance and instead of showing support to Tim after besting Manny, hour called for an investigation lol. Now I believe Manny won the fight but if that had been Bradley losing that close he would've never done it. Now does that make him racist, I don't know. Some people believe he is but I didn't call him racist. I said he has a strong dislike for African American fighters. He ain't the only one like that. Pay attention before you call somebody an idiot dickhead
checkleft
QUOTE (KOpower @ Oct 24 2013, 08:39 PM) *

Wanna rethink that statement? And this is coming from a guy who just had the first open homosexual in the sport on his card thumbsup_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2013, 10:23 PM) *

Wanna rethink that statement? And this is coming from a guy who just had the first open homosexual in the sport on his card thumbsup_anim.gif

LMAO! Arum is a scum bag who occasionally drops gems!

What's with the interviewer getting his thong in a bunch, when Arum ripped MMA? I mean shit dude, you're interviewing a guy whose atop of BOXING. Those silly ass numbers that this guy spewed about MMA selling over 1.7M and 1M PPVs for those fights, stop it dude!

For these folks who say that MMA is better than boxing...just kill yourself. When any of those guys are cracking over $5M per fight (if they're making that much per fight), then we'll talk. You'll have an easier time spewing gay slurs, than you will telling these bass heads, that boxing is better than MMA (at least numbers wise).

I laughed at how the interviewer asked, "Any part of you a little bit upset at how good they're (MMA) doing, that's why you're taking the shots?" Dude, give it a rest. Boxing sons MMA all day long...it cant even hold boxing's jock strap.
Franchize
Arum is a piece of shit. The moment he mentioned the skinhead thing and the guy said "I take offense to that. I'm Jewish", he should have apologized. C'mon man. All you have to say is MMA isn't for me and I'm not threatened by their numbers. Arum strikes me as a guy who still calls black people colored.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2013, 10:54 PM) *

What's with the interviewer getting his thong in a bunch, when Arum ripped MMA? I mean shit dude, you're interviewing a guy whose atop of BOXING. Those silly ass numbers that this guy spewed about MMA selling over 1.7M and 1M PPVs for those fights, stop it dude!

For these folks who say that MMA is better than boxing...just kill yourself. When any of those guys are cracking over $5M per fight (if they're making that much per fight), then we'll talk. You'll have an easier time spewing gay slurs, than you will telling these bass heads, that boxing is better than MMA (at least numbers wise).

I laughed at how the interviewer asked, "Any part of you a little bit upset at how good they're (MMA) doing, that's why you're taking the shots?" Dude, give it a rest. Boxing sons MMA all day long...it cant even hold boxing's jock strap.

Lmao, mma is tough sport. I don't disrespect it because I don't do it, but in terms of popularity and numbers mma is to boxing as the WNBA is to the NBA.. its not close. As Cshels said these guys in the mma, and I'm talking stars of the sport, probably make what most boxing after dark headliners make.

But that's beside the point I was trying to make lol, arum is a racist, greedy, prick who would put his mom in the ring with Floyd IF he had the chance to make a few millions. He just labeled an entire sport and its viewers "skinheads" and "tatooed... Homosexuals". Trying to defend the guy on that front is beyond retarded.
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2013, 10:23 PM) *

LMAO...

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2013, 10:54 PM) *

Old Yahud been around a long time.. he ain't dumb for sure...
KOpower
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 24 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Wtf? Did you hear me call him a racist stupid! I said he has a strong dislike of black fighters. Don't enter the arena with me bro cuz you will get your dumb ass dusted. Suck his dick if you want to but the proof is in the pudding. This is the same guy who told Floyd that his people don't buy things.... i.e. PPV's. This is what had me look at the man funny. Wtf does that even mean? So we bootleggers or some shit? When Floyd wanted to change his image he had a problem with the direction Floyd wanted to go in. If you look at Arum's history he's always calling black fighters the next fill in the blank boxer. Much the way he called Mayweather Jr the next Ray Leonard. Name the African American fighters on Arum's roster?

You say he's not a racist but this is the same guy who dissed MMA fans and called them a racial slur. Look at his treatment of Rigondeaux, he took shots at Crawford after his last performance and instead of showing support to Tim after besting Manny, hour called for an investigation lol. Now I believe Manny won the fight but if that had been Bradley losing that close he would've never done it. Now does that make him racist, I don't know. Some people believe he is but I didn't call him racist. I said he has a strong dislike for African American fighters. He ain't the only one like that. Pay attention before you call somebody an idiot dickhead

You brought up the race card. You said he doesn't like BLACK fighters. That is absolutely insane and not proven. Don't throw out the race card so casually because it just waters down legitimate claims of racism.
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Oct 25 2013, 07:26 AM) *
You brought up the race card. You said he doesn't like BLACK fighters. That is absolutely insane and not proven. Don't throw out the race card so casually because it just waters down legitimate claims of racism.

Well if you don't see me type a word don't be a fucking idiot and assume I said something. You played yourself, and plenty of other posters have given you their own proof of these claims you dumb shit. What's insane is how you jumped out the window exposing yourself as the idiot you are and then when other posters refuted your claims you only responded to me. SMH, where's Cheesey and Professor. I miss the intellectual convos on here. While you giving advice you should take some yourself. Instead of making an uneducated assumption like you did, ask first. It will hide your lack of intelligence. If I wanted to call that man a racist I would.

I went to a school where racism was prominent and I lived in Mississippi for a time. A truly racist place so I know what racism in what I say is what it is. Don't be dumb and dig into shit that's not accurate. Having a strong dislike for something doesn't make you discriminatory based in not liking it. But it is proven that this man doesn't think much of the AA community. Go back and read the interview from many yrs ago when he and Floyd had that meeting about his image. You still can't name the prominent black fighters in his stable. He built up Bradley on accident, he didn't think he would won and now Tim is a top dog...i'm done wasting my time with you. You trying to justify something that's not even there but yet YOU threw out racism and posters countered your statement but yet you decided to ignore it. Don't even quote me no more. You too stupid to converse with me lol
KOpower
You said that Arum doesn't like black fighters. You said that Arum doesn't like a certain group of fighters based on the color of their skin. I interpret that as racism. If a co-worker told me that he didn't like so or so because he was black, I would consider him a racist. If you don't agree with me then that is fine but I will continue to label those that don't like people based on the color of their skin as racists.

Arum is a tool. I don't like him. He is bad for boxing and he puts up trash PPV events. I think GBP is FARRRRRR ahead of TR at this point. There is no part of me that thinks Arum is racist. I give him the same benefit of the doubt that I give anyone. I assume someone isn't racist until they give me a reason to believe otherwise.
checkleft
QUOTE (KOpower @ Oct 25 2013, 10:13 AM) *
You said that Arum doesn't like black fighters. You said that Arum doesn't like a certain group of fighters based on the color of their skin. I interpret that as racism. If a co-worker told me that he didn't like so or so because he was black, I would consider him a racist. If you don't agree with me then that is fine but I will continue to label those that don't like people based on the color of their skin as racists.

Arum is a tool. I don't like him. He is bad for boxing and he puts up trash PPV events. I think GBP is FARRRRRR ahead of TR at this point. There is no part of me that thinks Arum is racist. I give him the same benefit of the doubt that I give anyone. I assume someone isn't racist until they give me a reason to believe otherwise.

In the interview I posted he says he doesn't like mma because its for skinhead inked up white guys. Last time I checked "skinhead white guys" refers to the color of someone's skin... Just because its talking about white people doesnt mean its not racist, people can be racist towards whites as well..
Franchize
"They don't want the fight in Qatar. They want the fight presumably in Vegas or some state. But yes I did get the call, a letter from Abu Dhabi offering me gazillions [and] my own camel. And I got this call Saturday from Qatar"

-Bob Arum

fuck.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2013, 11:43 PM) *
Lmao, mma is tough sport. I don't disrespect it because I don't do it, but in terms of popularity and numbers mma is to boxing as the WNBA is to the NBA.. its not close. As Cshels said these guys in the mma, and I'm talking stars of the sport, probably make what most boxing after dark headliners make.

But that's beside the point I was trying to make lol, arum is a racist, greedy, prick who would put his mom in the ring with Floyd IF he had the chance to make a few millions. He just labeled an entire sport and its viewers "skinheads" and "tatooed... Homosexuals". Trying to defend the guy on that front is beyond retarded.

Arum did let it all hang out though...

He went from Skinheads, to homosexuals, to "not even the blacks", etc.

laugh.gif

What a prick he is. At that advanced age, the only thing you can do is feel a deep sense of pity for him, and know that he's gonna die soon. Lol
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 25 2013, 11:26 AM) *
Arum did let it all hang out though...

He went from Skinheads, to homosexuals, to "not even the blacks", etc.

laugh.gif

What a prick he is. At that advanced age, the only thing you can do is feel a deep sense of pity for him, and know that he's gonna die soon. Lol

You can always tell whose a racist when they refer to a group with "the" before it lol The Gays. The Blacks. The Hispanics lmao You can tell he's refused to share a water fountain with a few people a time or two lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 25 2013, 11:35 AM) *
You can always tell whose a racist when they refer to a group with "the" before it lol The Gays. The Blacks. The Hispanics lmao You can tell he's refused to share a water fountain with a few people a time or two lol

laugh.gif

I'd be inclined to think that he's got a white robe and a cone hat in his closet somewhere. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.