Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: agbeko to train with roger for rigo...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/agbeko-train-wi...gondeaux--70836

I love this move I think these two make a great pair

Thoughts?
BrutUalBK
I'm afraid for Agbeko that it may just be a case of too little, too late. How much is Roger going to change his style at this point? And how effective will he be able to be a fighter like Rigo who has been doing what he has been for virtually all of his life? I still think that Rigo will win because usually what happens is that the vast majority of these fighters simply regress back into what they've always done once they're in the thick of it.
BoxingEinstein

A smart move by Abgeko but nonetheless it will be a futile attempt to dethrone the best fighter in that division. I see Rigo stopping him late or UD. Rigo is just a phenomenal fighter that has the patience of a sniper, the discipline of a monk, speed of a gazelle and is just a man that oozes mastery of his craft. Solid win for Rigo if he does it in impessive fashion.
AZWildCat
If I was Roger I wouldn't even bother with that one considering who he's fighting and the backlash of the likely loss Will be blamed on fading health
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Oct 21 2013, 12:57 AM) *
If I was Roger I wouldn't even bother with that one considering who he's fighting and the backlash of the likely loss Will be blamed on fading health

Good post! We all know who the blame will be placed on.

At this point, now that I think about it, it can go either way. What does Agbeko stand to lose nowadays? He's nearly at gatekeeper's status, so a loss wouldn't hurt him at all. Wait...maybe a "good" loss (read: If he's able to hurt Rigo, or even drop him), then that could put him at 'Judah status" (read: he'll get endless opportunities at a world title, because he has something left in the tank).

For some reason, being that Agbeko has nothing to lose here, he may just "put something on Rigondeaux's mind" (read: give him trouble). If Marroquin was able to trouble Rigo a few times in their fight, then Im sure Agbeko can pull a rabbit outta the hat here.
Dolimite
Roger is an offensive minded trainer and Agbeko doesn't need help being offensive, his issue is his defense. Now if he asked Sr. Mayweather for help then the fight would be an interesting chess match. either way, I am watching this fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 21 2013, 10:28 AM) *
Roger is an offensive minded trainer and Agbeko doesn't need help being offensive, his issue is his defense. Now if he asked Sr. Mayweather for help then the fight would be an interesting chess match. either way, I am watching this fight.

Did you really just downplay Roger like that?
mrchitown
This may have been different if the pair had of gotten a few fights under their belts together but as of right now I Don t know how much it helps Agbeko. He should've made this move some time back
Franchize
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 20 2013, 11:56 PM) *
I'm afraid for Agbeko that it may just be a case of too little, too late. How much is Roger going to change his style at this point? And how effective will he be able to be a fighter like Rigo who has been doing what he has been for virtually all of his life? I still think that Rigo will win because usually what happens is that the vast majority of these fighters simply regress back into what they've always done once they're in the thick of it.

This! You'll see subtle changes in the first few rounds but once he gets hit hard enough, he'll revert back to his old ways. You can't implement a new style and Rigo be the first person you try it on.
jtiizzle
Rigo by stoppage 6 rounds
emd01
Wont matter. Rigo is going to take Agbeko apart with a jab.
Cshel86
I'm feeling myself today...let's sig bet...

Cshel vs everybody "pro Rigondeaux"

There will only be one sig that WONT be changed that night

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.