Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty good card this weekend.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
Decent card, Hopkins seems to be looking over this guy, could be a mistake. Rosado and quillen could easily steal the show. And deontay seems to be in with another no hoper tho

Get pumped! The year isn't over yet!

Thoughts, predictions, let it out boys...
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 23 2013, 01:41 AM) *
Decent card, Hopkins seems to be looking over this guy, could be a mistake. Rosado and quillen could easily steal the show. And deontay seems to be in with another no hoper tho

Get pumped! The year isn't over yet!

Thoughts, predictions, let it out boys...

Ready for Quillen/Rosado...could really care less about the Hopkins fight. In the same breath, Hopkins be in for a long night, though I've never seen Murat fight before. As for Wilder, c'mon man, they're doing this man an injustice here. He and GRJ are in the same boat, except Wilder is actively fighting no-hopers, while we wait for months at a time, to yet again have egg thrown on our faces with "Gary Russell Jr. vs TBA"...two weeks before fight night.

Pete is a dog, and I wouldn't be surprised if he stops Rosado. I like Gabe, I seriously do, but it seems like he waits too long to throw, when he's in there with bigger guys. Am I off here? Yay? Nay?
mitukczuk
I think Hopkins is not guilty of overlooking anyone. He is too smart for that and at his age, he just can't afford that.

Decent card for sure though...Rosado/Quillen will be awesome and I fully expect it to be better than the main event.

Wilder vs another no hoper...tired!
checkleft
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 23 2013, 02:08 PM) *
I think Hopkins is not guilty of overlooking anyone. He is too smart for that and at his age, he just can't afford that.

Decent card for sure though...Rosado/Quillen will be awesome and I fully expect it to be better than the main event.

Wilder vs another no hoper...tired!

Maybe I've been making to much of it, guilty. But it seems like every recent interview with Hopkins I've read is just about him talking about who he wants to fight next. Hopefully he isn't overlooking anyone and he gives us a good show.

As Cshels said it, quillen is a dog, but so is gabe! This could be a foty type of fight, both guys love to mix it up and have good power.
Franchize
I think I share the same sentiment with most in my enthusiasm about Quillen vs Rosado. I see a lot of action in that fight but also a tactical meeting of the minds. Rosado is underrated and very game. I've grown to really like Quillen as a fighter. He has some solid boxing skills but every once in a while, those Wildcard Gym bad habits rear their ugly heads lol. Makes for interesting fights. I like his technique for the most part though and I really like his passion. I don't get wrapped up in sob stories much but I just get the sense that boxing is this dude's life now and he's immensely appreciative of everything that's come from his hard work. I would love to get excited about the Hopkins fight but I won't front. I don't know anything about Murat. As for Wilder, after his impressive wins vs semi-solid opposition (Adamek and Harrison), why not take a step up? Cmon now
emd01
This is a great night of fights. Whos reffing the Hopkins fight? If its someone that will let BHop dog Murat on the inside then i'd be talking about my next opponent if I was BHop too laugh.gif .

Quillin/Rosado should be the fotn. I give Pete the slight advantage but I cant count Gabe out in this fight. I see a lot of give and take in this fight.
flazi
is it me or are they hiding/protecting wilder from something?
checkleft
QUOTE (flazi @ Oct 24 2013, 02:34 PM) *
is it me or are they hiding/protecting wilder from something?

Didn't you see the haye training tapes? Deontay had bambi legs in a few of those highlights bro, chin is pretty suspect.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2013, 04:19 PM) *
Didn't you see the haye training tapes? Deontay had bambi legs in a few of those highlights bro, chin is pretty suspect.

I think in an actual fight between the two that Haye would get put to sleep by Deontay, his chin ain't all that too and let's not act like they don't be editing them tapes
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/rosado-warns-st...s-gloves--70958

Woe, rosado stating he went to the commission and even tried to file a protest against GGGs gloves before their fight because they felt the padding was light and the gloves were smaller because there was more padding on the wrist than the glove.

In new York the way things went down with margarito cotto II, and at the rate they are pushing ggg... I wouldn't be surprised if these objections went ignored. I didn't expect this out of rosado
flazi
i have to check out the training tapes.
Jack 1000
Not that great IMO,

Quillen-Rosato has the potential to be very good. Hopkins is gonna be a ZZZZZZZZZ fest like most of his fights in recent years, and Wilder's fighting a guy who's probably getting paid to fall over at the right time.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.