Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tim Bradley and Rigo not invited to HBO Dinner
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
HBO is so FOS, they didn't even put Tim Bradley and Rigo on the list for their Dinner of Champions but yet Terrance Crawford and Nonito Donaire were on the list. This that Bullsh*t right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IupwcUy-nH0

Your thoughts on HBO (Hate Bruthas Only) latest move???
Franchize
Crawford won't be there next year so he'd better make a to-go plate.
mrchitown
Yeah they already put the warning out on Crawford if he doesn't fight the way they want him too. I think it's a slap in the face to Tim and Rigondeaux but success is the best revenge. And if they just keep on winning they will be able to shove HBO's nose in the shit and move to greener pastures
Jack 1000
I didn't check. But is Marquez on the list? If not, probably not good enough for Ken Hershman and "Bang, Bang Bang" Lamply. For "Bang Bang Bang" Tim and Rigo are boring so they aren't invited! KO'ing HBO's and "Bang Bang Bang's" poster child Manny, does not score points with the new regime at HBO or for "Bang Bang Bang!" However, it would be funny if the "boring fighters" who weren't invited crashed the award dinner and started a scene! hahaha!

Jack
Hotsauce
Hmmmmmmm
BigFightFan
How long will Top Rank and HBO get away with this shit. They are going to lose fighters when their contract is up and GBP will be waiting in the wings. We may even see some up and coming promotional companies become a major player if they can capitalize off of the Cold War that's going on. Bob can only recycle the same 4 fighters on PPV a few more times before the public loses interest. I'm not counting TR out just yet because Bob is a old school pimp in the game.
checkleft
The guys don't draw, don't fight "the right way", and don't get along with arum.. is this really any surprise?
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 2 2013, 01:34 AM) *
The guys don't draw, don't fight "the right way", and don't get along with arum.. is this really any surprise?

Actually, to be honest I am surprised. If we were talking about an award or a big pay day, I wouldn't be shocked at all. A dinner invitation though? That's just going out of your way to be petty. They didn't do anything wrong. I'm not surprised Arum won't promote them the way they deserve. I am surprised that they're so disliked that they don't even get an invite. I mean, at the end of the day, they're coming off of the two most impactful victories of any fighter on HBO.

O yea and what about Maravilla?
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 2 2013, 01:46 PM) *
Actually, to be honest I am surprised. If we were talking about an award or a big pay day, I wouldn't be shocked at all. A dinner invitation though? That's just going out of your way to be petty. They didn't do anything wrong. I'm not surprised Arum won't promote them the way they deserve. I am surprised that they're so disliked that they don't even get an invite. I mean, at the end of the day, they're coming off of the two most impactful victories of any fighter on HBO.

O yea and what about Maravilla?

Those wins didn't just impact the boxing world, they impacted Hbo and not in a good way. Those two guys just beat three of hbos biggest draws and more entertaining fighters (pac, nonito, marquez). Like I said its no surprise they weren't invited to an Hbo dinner.

As for martinez I'm pretty sure Hbo doesn't like him much either but swallowed their pride since dude was on a ko streak and makes for good fights.. I fully expect them to throw him under the bus when he comes back healthy and is about to fight one of their prized guys like cotto, ggg, or a chavez rematch.
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 2 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Those wins didn't just impact the boxing world, they impacted Hbo and not in a good way. Those two guys just beat three of hbos biggest draws and more entertaining fighters (pac, nonito, marquez). Like I said its no surprise they weren't invited to an Hbo dinner.

As for martinez I'm pretty sure Hbo doesn't like him much either but swallowed their pride since dude was on a ko streak and makes for good fights.. I fully expect them to throw him under the bus when he comes back healthy and is about to fight one of their prized guys like cotto, ggg, or a chavez rematch.

Maravilla was there?
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 2 2013, 06:38 PM) *
Maravilla was there?

Im saying the guy is an entertaining fighter.. but for some reason I get the feeling Hbo doesn't like him
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 2 2013, 11:15 PM) *
Im saying the guy is an entertaining fighter.. but for some reason I get the feeling Hbo doesn't like him

Oh yea. I think that may be because they know he's older and they may feel the time is too short to make him into a cash cow lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.