Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGG vs Murray 2014?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

I heard GGG is fighting again in Monte Carlo in Feb. I do admit assuming he gets past his stay busy fight without a setback. Martin Murray would be GGG's best opponent and add credit to his resume. Solid win for GGG and a huge win for Murray if he were to win. I think its a good fight and hope it happens.
AZWildCat
At this point ggg needs a household named opponent to raise his stock for big fights. Murray no doubt is a solid contender against anybody at 160 but a win over ggg does more for him than the other way around. great fight though.
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Nov 7 2013, 08:42 PM) *
At this point ggg needs a household named opponent to raise his stock for big fights. Murray no doubt is a solid contender against anybody at 160 but a win over ggg does more for him than the other way around. great fight though.

This.....he's being built up as some sort of boogeyman but he has done absolutely nothing and fought no one to be feared like some rabid idiots claim. When he fights the Martinez, Froch, Ward, etc. then we'll know who he really is
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 8 2013, 01:28 AM) *
This.....he's being built up as some sort of boogeyman but he has done absolutely nothing and fought no one to be feared like some rabid idiots claim. When he fights the Martinez, Froch, Ward, etc. then we'll know who he really is

He's not fighting ward or froch anytime soon.. dude isn't in the ball park with those guys. As for martinez, if healthy, ggg should stay away. As you mentioned the "boogeyman" hasn't even touched anyone on his level.

A guy like geale, Murray, sturm, Abraham, or barker would serve him better. They are stiff guys to bring him along
KOpower
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 8 2013, 01:28 AM) *

I don't see GGG ever getting a shot against Martinez. Martinez has other options out there that will pay him more and be far less of a risk. Martinez only has a few fights left. He will fight JCC and Cotto in PPV fights over the next 2 years and maybe add in 2 fights against lesser opponents during that period. I would be surprised of Martinez and GGG ever met.

GGG will have to move to 168 to get a big fight as I don't see Cotto getting in the right with him even if Cotto beats Martinez at 160. Moving up to 168 may be a problem for GGG. I think GGG vs Froch will eventually be THE fight for him. As for now, there are still some solid opponents for GGG to fight. Darren Barker and Martin Murray can occupy his time over the next year. Daniel Geale is another name. I think at some point the Andre Ward fight will be GGG's big chance but I still see that as being 2 or 3 years away.

If I am GGG I stay at 160. Froch and even Ward would have a solid size advantage over him. GGG doesn't seem like a fighter that will hold up well at 168. GGG looks like a natual 160 fighter and eventually you have to figure a big fight will find him at that weight class.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 8 2013, 01:57 AM) *
He's not fighting ward or froch anytime soon.. dude isn't in the ball park with those guys. As for martinez, if healthy, ggg should stay away. As you mentioned the "boogeyman" hasn't even touched anyone on his level.

A guy like geale, Murray, sturm, Abraham, or barker would serve him better. They are stiff guys to bring him along

Those are better matchups for him. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the buzz he's getting but I think it's too much. People fall in love with the knockout artists and discard them when their power doesn't holdup against a fighter that has their number and can take their power shots. GGG will be the same, I saw things in a few of his fights but especially in the Stevens fight, he's very beatable
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 8 2013, 09:13 AM) *
I don't see GGG ever getting a shot against Martinez. Martinez has other options out there that will pay him more and be far less of a risk. Martinez only has a few fights left. He will fight JCC and Cotto in PPV fights over the next 2 years and maybe add in 2 fights against lesser opponents during that period. I would be surprised of Martinez and GGG ever met.

GGG will have to move to 168 to get a big fight as I don't see Cotto getting in the right with him even if Cotto beats Martinez at 160. Moving up to 168 may be a problem for GGG. I think GGG vs Froch will eventually be THE fight for him. As for now, there are still some solid opponents for GGG to fight. Darren Barker and Martin Murray can occupy his time over the next year. Daniel Geale is another name. I think at some point the Andre Ward fight will be GGG's big chance but I still see that as being 2 or 3 years away.

If I am GGG I stay at 160. Froch and even Ward would have a solid size advantage over him. GGG doesn't seem like a fighter that will hold up well at 168. GGG looks like a natual 160 fighter and eventually you have to figure a big fight will find him at that weight class.

Good points, what Martinez does we don't know but I'm not going to hold my breath for him and Golovkin to fight. They can both make good money fighting safer opponents then each other.

If Golovkin fights Froch I got Froch to win. Golovkin is very slow and flat footed. Froch would give him hell
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 8 2013, 06:08 PM) *
Good points, what Martinez does we don't know but I'm not going to hold my breath for him and Golovkin to fight. They can both make good money fighting safer opponents then each other.

If Golovkin fights Froch I got Froch to win. Golovkin is very slow and flat footed. Froch would give him hell

Not to mention froch has a face for boxing, dude has a beard on him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 8 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Not to mention froch has a face for boxing, dude has a beard on him.

So true, and that's what I think will be the deciding factor in Golovkin's career. Will he carry his power up in weight? And if so, how does he fare when the fighters across from him can take his power?
mrchitown
Golovkin-Murray is on for the first of February
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 9 2013, 07:13 PM) *
Golovkin-Murray is on for the first of February

Doesn't murray have a fight coming up though?
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 9 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Doesn't murray have a fight coming up though?

Yes on the 23rd of this month.....and I just read that the co-promoter of Gennady's fight in Monaco say on twitter that there's no truth to the story by boxing scene

Damn that's sucks, i was looking forward to it
Hotsauce
Who comes up with these rumors?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 10 2013, 12:19 AM) *

I think many of them come from the fighters' camp. Like today I've seen different stories of Amir Khan and Floyd fighting in May, and them saying it's official we've heard that before too. It was some idiot on here claiming that he knew that hack mitt trainer and he said it was a done deal. Notice he ain't been on here since it's been proven false. I think Khan's camp us behind a lot of it. Whoever came up with the GGG-Murray rumor had to have had an agenda behind it.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 9 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Yes on the 23rd of this month.....and I just read that the co-promoter of Gennady's fight in Monaco say on twitter that there's no truth to the story by boxing scene

Damn that's sucks, i was looking forward to it

I wasn't sure but I remember hearing he was gonna fight on the froch undercard or something. Thanks for clearing it up though, that would have been good.
wolterb
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 10 2013, 12:19 AM) *

Mustve been a slow day for boxing news
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 10 2013, 01:54 AM) *
I wasn't sure but I remember hearing he was gonna fight on the froch undercard or something. Thanks for clearing it up though, that would have been good.

Murray says that he's fighting on the same card with Gennady on February 1st. Seems like they're building the fight more or less
Cshel86
Murray's a pretty big MW, but something tells me that GGG will make him his biotch. Body work will be something to look out for in this fight, but now that I think about it, we'll see just how good GGG is when straight punches are coming his way (which Murray is pretty good at).

Something tells me that Sergio was just ripe for the picking, when Murray fought him. Golovkin would be more of a live body in front of him, but again, anything can happen. As for Sergio, I'm not completely sure where stands (health wise). He was out for 7 months after his knee surgery, then came into the fight with a broken hand/wrist, or sustained it during the fight.

I'm really starting to hope that Sergio wont become the Grant Hill of boxing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.