Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would like to see Garcia-Spadafora?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
xxxxxx
I just read the Spadafora will be fighting Nov 30 for a piece of the WBA 140 Title. If he wins wouldn't be become Garcia's mandatory for Legit Title? I think Garcia should wait to see the result before going to 147. I would be happy to see either Garcia-Spadafora(If he WINS) or Garcia-Khan 2 or Garcia-Ruslan.
KOpower
I think Garcia moves to 147. How about Garcia-Alexander on the Mayweather-Khan undercard? Showtime can continue to try and build Danny Garcia into a guy the public wants to see fight Floyd by putting him in there with a real 147 pounder. Garcia-Broner for a shot at Floyd could work. Garcia-Guerrero would be exciting as well. I think there are many better options for Garcia than Spadafora.

I would LOVE to see Danny Garcia vs Manny Pacquaio. That fight won't happen due to the Top-Rank/GBP feud but that would be a good fight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 8 2013, 08:06 AM) *
I just read the Spadafora will be fighting Nov 30 for a piece of the WBA 140 Title. If he wins wouldn't be become Garcia's mandatory for Legit Title? I think Garcia should wait to see the result before going to 147. I would be happy to see either Garcia-Spadafora(If he WINS) or Garcia-Khan 2 or Garcia-Ruslan.

I heard something similar. He's supposed to be fighting in WV, at some resort (seems like an oxymoron, huh?). Should he win, he's on the fast track for a fight w/ Floyd. Again, a guy from Columbus just spit this at me a few days ago. So, we'll see.
mrchitown
No way I'd watch a fight between Garcia and Spadafora. And Danny and Adrien won't be fighting for a long time so we might as well forget that matchup too
xxxxxx
Garcia has a lot of good fights out there from 140-147. His style makes a good fight with anyone. If Spadafora wins this next fight he should get a significant fight shortly after.
checkleft
Garcia and Lucas were killing themselves to make 140.. spadafora is still alive?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 9 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Garcia and Lucas were killing themselves to make 140.. spadafora is still alive?

Yes Spadafora is still alive AND on the verge of a WBA Interim Title shot at 140 LOL Garcia said he may have 1 more fight at 140 or possible catchweight fight at 143-144. I'm just curious who it will be. So many good fights for Garcia AND Whos gonna put that 1st L on Spadafora's record.
checkleft
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 9 2013, 01:53 AM) *
Yes Spadafora is still alive AND on the verge of a WBA Interim Title shot at 140 LOL Garcia said he may have 1 more fight at 140 or possible catchweight fight at 143-144. I'm just curious who it will be. So many good fights for Garcia AND Whos gonna put that 1st L on Spadafora's record.

I think spada already has taken a pretty big L. He fucked away a pretty bright boxing career and has been stuck in mediocrity and anonymity ever since.

But here's to second chances drinks.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 8 2013, 04:50 PM) *
I heard something similar. He's supposed to be fighting in WV, at some resort (seems like an oxymoron, huh?). Should he win, he's on the fast track for a fight w/ Floyd. Again, a guy from Columbus just spit this at me a few days ago. So, we'll see.

This dude need to stay his ass out the clink (lol) and away from them Jack Daniels before even thinking of fighting ANY LEGIT world class champions. That shit might fly when he's fighting a bunch of mediocre guys, but at his age at this stage, he might be playing his self with embarrassment.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 9 2013, 03:38 AM) *
I think spada already has taken a pretty big L. He fucked away a pretty bright boxing career and has been stuck in mediocrity and anonymity ever since.

But here's to second chances drinks.gif

He knows this is his last opportunity and how do you not give a former World Champion and undefeated fighter a 2nd chance. I watched some of his recent clips and hes still scrappy and elusive. The body work, especially the left is still solid. I think he has more fight in him and were about to see how much.
emd01
I'd watch Garcia KO Spaddy. Would give Garcia a lil small argument on why he could beat Floyd. "Hey, he gave Floyd hell in sparring and I KOed him." Theyre going to have to do something to build up the next opponent...no matter how ridiculous it may be.
xxxxxx
It appears Spadafora's fight next Saturday will have some real significance. If he wins Golden Boy signs him which leads to some pretty good money fights for Spadafora.
xxxxxx
Spadafora fights tomorrow night! Any predictions? If he wins, does he get a big fight afterwards?
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 29 2013, 04:09 AM) *
Spadafora fights tomorrow night! Any predictions? If he wins, does he get a big fight ass whooping afterwards ?

Fixed that for ya lol....it's rumored that he could sign with golden boy after this fight if he wins and in don't see too many on their roster he can beat. He ain't beating Adrien, Danny, or Thurman. Maidana might clip him too. If he wants to get paid then that's the way to go but if he wants to keep winning then he should go another route
xxxxxx
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 29 2013, 05:09 PM) *
Fixed that for ya lol....it's rumored that he could sign with golden boy after this fight if he wins and in don't see too many on their roster he can beat. He ain't beating Adrien, Danny, or Thurman. Maidana might clip him too. If he wants to get paid then that's the way to go but if he wants to keep winning then he should go another route

I think he could hang with Maidana even now which is impressive after all the distractions Spadafora has had over the last decade. In a recent interview Paul said he has fights left, not years left so he is being realistic about what he has left and what he can still do. Garcia beats Paul, but not in a landslide in my opinion.
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 30 2013, 07:55 PM) *
I think he could hang with Maidana even now which is impressive after all the distractions Spadafora has had over the last decade. In a recent interview Paul said he has fights left, not years left so he is being realistic about what he has left and what he can still do. Garcia beats Paul, but not in a landslide in my opinion.

He had his best days in the first half of his career, he screwed himself over with that mess but he's a tough out for anyone. He does deserve some meaningful fights. I just have doubts if he can win them but he deserves to be in some of them

He has been beating the drum for a fight with Floyd and Adrien, so if he strings some wins together he could get a shot at Broner imo
xxxxxx
I just read Spadafora lost by majority decision on another forum.
checkleft
Saw that coming lol
xxxxxx
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 1 2013, 07:05 PM) *
Saw that coming lol

Do you think Spadafora continues? It sounds like he may fight a few more fights.
Gambit808
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 2 2013, 10:20 AM) *
Do you think Spadafora continues? It sounds like he may fight a few more fights.

If he does fight more, he ain't making no noise in Jr. WW with the young boys IMO. I keep saying this dudes claim to fame was making more noise than his own damn record, and then when it came time to step up out of being a club fighter/journeyman at age 38, he gets clipped. It's sad really because he was good when he was young, but his outside ring issues put a dark cloud over his later career. These are just one of those cliche comparisons in boxing that we see with even some of today's fighters. I won't say he's done yet, but I'm pretty sure he's nowhere to be found on the radar of a guy like DG right now.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 8 2013, 06:06 AM) *

Spada is another Gary Russell, a resume full of nobodies and a big fat 0 in the loss column, it is about time he's stepping up if he will be fighting for a legit title; a give him a little bit of a pass for the time he took away from the sport but to come back and then not even bother fighting a Top 10 contender within your 1st 2 fights back with all the experience he has shows that he has been babysitting the 0.

I think Garcia beats the brakes off of him if Spada grows a sack after this bout is done.
emd01
Spad doesnt have that 0 anymore so its back to irrelevance for him. I was hoping he'd do well. Without boxing he might resort to wrecking into parked police cars and shooting pregnant chicks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.