Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO: Tripleheader. Garcia, Darchinyan, Donaire@6:30PT/9:30ET-SPOILERS!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Catch all the action and post-fight reactions in this thread to tonight's HBO Tripleheader Boxing Card!

• Martinez vs. Garcia
  • Martirosyan vs Andrade
  • Donaire vs. Darchinyan II
Please keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
mgrover
feels like a good night of boxing
Cshel86
*Inhales*

Gotta love a fresh round by round thread!

As MG just said, this feels like a good night of boxing.

Vanes hasn't truly found himself over the years, and has yet to impress boxing fans. As far as I know, he'll call out fighters, and suddenly the fight never happens. Haven't seen much of him...just that snoozer against Green on the Cotto/Foreman undercard, and the Lara fight.

I'm starting to think that he'll close the distance against Andrade, and make it an ugly fight. At this point, all we can pray for is an ugly fight from Martirosyan, since he's known to make fights boring. Anyhow, Andrade has all of the tools to win this one decisively, but he needs not underestimate the power of boredom and the feeling of having nothing to lose...which will all come from Martirosyan.

I think Darchinyan will bring the fight to Donaire (as he always does), but I'd be stupid to tell you guys not to countdown the time in which it will take Vic to taste the canvas. Since I'm going for all underdogs for the remainder of the year, I can see Vic hurting Donaire. Stop him? Absolutely not, but at least he has the chance to make the fight interesting.

Garcia/Martinez should be interesting while it lasts. Make no mistake about it, Martinez is tough as nails, but he needs to skills to slow Garcia down enough to land something huge...that'll be challenge for the evening.

All of these fights have "knockout" written over them, but I'm sure that all of the KO artists will have to do it quickly. I dont see ANYBODY getting beat to a pulp tonight, regardless of whether or not they're fighting back. What happened last week, will force some quick stoppages tonight.
mrchitown
You got that right CShel, I'm gon need those round by round updates because I'm working late tonight. Hopefully I get home in time to catch the re-airing

I'm hoping Andrade beats the brakes off Vanes
checkleft
Does anyone have the feeling vic is not gonna come out in his fashion? Last time I saw him fight he BOXED his way to a decision against a stronger guy..
Cshel86
Lampley's not rockin' his granny glasses tonight, maybe he'll call a fight fairly. Oh, who am I kidding...good try Cshel. Get ready for the biased nonsense, lol.
Cshel86
Had no idea that Vanes was 6 feet tall...so Andrade only has a 1 inch height advantage.
Cshel86
Andrade and this nickname "Boo Boo" no2.gif

That shit better be short for something reeeeeal gangsta, cuz Boo Boo are the first two words that females yell, right before they swing on a broad.
Cshel86
Andrade's using the straight left and that check right hook thus far...
Cshel86
Down goes Andrade in the first by a counter left hook by Vanes
Cshel86
Not liking how vanes is reaching in the 2nd round....that counter uppercut is waiting on him, if he keeps it up
Cshel86
Andrade won the 2nd based off of boxing and pretty much being first...something Vanes isn't doing. Now...Vanes closed to distance and landed two big right hands in closing seconds though
Cshel86
Vanes is landing that right hand when Andrade leans back....he's starting to lean in and throw it a bit. Gotta give the 3rd to Vanes...not much happened, except a jabbing contest.
Cshel86
Vanes looks like a mix of French Montana and one of those Angry Birds...oh yes, I know about Angry Birds.
Cshel86
That 4th round was uhhh...close I guess. DA used his jab like crazy and missed the big shots. VM didn't use his jab, but landed some decent body shots and a couple of rights up top...nothing major though.
Cshel86
DA countered the hell outta Vanes in the 5th round...this is starting to remind me of the middle rounds of Vanes/Lara, when Lara got warmed up and started popping his ass.
Cshel86
Andrade is killing his ass...he's about to go, if he aint careful
Cshel86
Gave the 8th to Vanes...he was busier...didn't land much, but he was busier...
pimpfighterROQ
Thanks CShel for giving us a round by round update. Sucks to be working night shift on a saturday night.
Cshel86
Sorry, but I cant call the 1st round a 10-9 in favor of Vanes. Andrade controlled the round UNTIL he was dropped. The only way a dropped fighter should be awarded a 10-9 round, is if he fought back well AFTER the knockdown, not before.
Cshel86
Same shit keeps happening every round...Vanes is trying his best to land that right hand as DA backs up, Andrade counters him, but cant hurt him, Vanes stands there and misses big shots while they tangle...nothing's happened other than that.
Cshel86
Vanes is trying in the 11th, but he cant close the distance.
Cshel86
115-112 Vanes
114-113 Adrade
117-110 Andrade

Boo Boo takes it...that name just kills me. Lol
Cshel86
It was a battle of nerves in the 1st, but I think Donaire took it. Vic landed a hard left in the closing seconds...not sure if it meant much.
Cshel86
Donaire hurt Vic with a short left hook in the 2nd...then a hard right....he's about to go...

Donaire got hurt too!
Cshel86
Donaire won the 3rd...the usual...the faster guy makes the slower guy think and catches him with a few counters.
KOpower
Donaire doesn't look good here. He may be winning the fight (barely) but this is a pretty sloppy fight for him.
Cshel86
DAMN! Donaire caught Vic with that left hook about 4 times before the bell. Vic landed a couple of big shots, but Donaire landed them shits.
Cshel86
If you wanna give Vic the 5th round due to that HUGE shot that he landed in the closing seconds, then cool...Donaire seems timid...
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 9 2013, 10:57 PM) *
Donaire doesn't look good here. He may be winning the fight (barely) but this is a pretty sloppy fight for him.

Agreed...
Cshel86
Its been the "night of the counters"...

Donaire caught Vic with a counter shot in the closing seconds, but not much happened earlier. Donaire looks like he's not up for it...
Cshel86
How did I miss Lawrence Cole's shitty ass presence???
Cshel86
Guess you can give the 8th to Vic...even HBO is talking shit about him...

Not much is going on, but it seems like Vic wants it more.
Cshel86
Down goes Vic in the 9th....he aint lookin' good either...
Cshel86
Donaire finishes Vic in the 9th...shitty Cole jumped in and stopped it...but Vic had no answers.

Im sure we can all agree, Donaire looked shitty tonight...so this whole "bouncing back" shit is urking me.
Franchize
Well Donaire. I hope you're happy. Arum, I hope you are satisfied. Because there is NO WAY Nonito should be promoted more than Rigo at this point. Struggling with Vic Darchinyan? Seriously? Kindly get the fuck outta my face Arum. If this dude fights Rigo again...curtains.
Franchize
Nonito looks like he has a broken cheek bone or jaw.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 9 2013, 11:21 PM) *
Well Donaire. I hope you're happy. Arum, I hope you are satisfied. Because there is NO WAY Nonito should be promoted more than Rigo at this point. Struggling with Vic Darchinyan? Seriously? Kindly get the fuck outta my face Arum. If this dude fights Rigo again...curtains.

laugh.gif
jtiizzle
LOL damn missing it
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Nov 9 2013, 11:27 PM) *
LOL damn missing it

You aint missing much, but this card isn't exactly a stinker...or anything close. Lol
Cshel86
Garcia and these damn cowboy hats!

laugh.gif

Cool shit!
Cshel86
Look at Juanma's fat ass

no2.gif

On another note, Garcia's chick is HOT! I cant hate.
Gambit808
Ok I see I missed a Donaire knockout of Vic... U know everytime I see JuanMa Lopez I just shake my head no2.gif
Cshel86
Garcia looks like Skeletor...

Scary-lookin' motherfucker...
Gambit808
This has started out looking like another showcase for Mikey. Not much happend in this feel out round but we see who the stronger guy is so far (Garcia)
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2013, 11:46 PM) *
Garcia looks like Skeletor...

Scary-lookin' motherfucker...

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Down goes Garcia in the 2nd from a counter right hand!
Gambit808
Damn
Cshel86
Garcia took the 3rd...nice hard shots by him, following his jab
BigFightFan
Garcia can't miss with the jab. Garcia looks a little heavy tonight, I believe Ariza had him hyper hydrate for this fight. If so Miley will finish strong
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.