Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward-Rodriquez Prediction
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I have to agree with what Queensberry Rules.com has below on the fight. Ward's got all California officials in his advantage as well. Only chance is a 20% power shot blitz for Rodriguez and that's being generous.

http://www.queensberry-rules.com/2013-arti...prediction.html

Ward by UD.

118-110, 120-108, and 119-109.

Jack
Cshel86
I think Rodriquez makes this fight more interesting than we believe...I'll leave it at that.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 14 2013, 11:28 PM) *
I think Rodriquez makes this fight more interesting than we believe...I'll leave it at that.

Cshel,

Are you going for the underdog in this fight? I hope the fight is better than expected. At worst it will be a sock sorting day for you! hahaha. Maybe not!

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2013, 01:28 AM) *

This. Idk if I will be able to catch it live but I hope I do
DigitalBoom
Ward UD, Rodriguez does tag him in this one tho.
mgrover
I think Ward may actually stop him.
mrchitown
Ward by decision though he could stop him. The only shot Edwin has is if the layoff affected Andre and of he can crack him cleanly. He's not on Ward'd level so I don't see any other way for him to win
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 14 2013, 10:42 PM) *
I have to agree with what Queensberry Rules.com has below on the fight. Ward's got all California officials in his advantage as well. Only chance is a 20% power shot blitz for Rodriguez and that's being generous.

http://www.queensberry-rules.com/2013-arti...prediction.html

Ward by UD.

118-110, 120-108, and 119-109.

Jack

Agreed!! Although it appears that Ward may be going for the KO since it seems he has something to prove and not to mention that hardly anyone besides boxing insider fans are even mentioning this fight he has to generate some type of interest in seeing him, otherwise he's just the #2 P4P guy in boxing that no one even talks about.
AZWildCat
Ward by schooling ...with a game effort
by an less seasoned Edwin R.
Franchize
Ward by close decision because of the ring rust factore.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 15 2013, 01:00 AM) *
Cshel,

Are you going for the underdog in this fight? I hope the fight is better than expected. At worst it will be a sock sorting day for you! hahaha. Maybe not!

Jack

Jack, I'm going for the underdogs for the rest of the year! Lol. Something tells me that Edwin will catch Ward early, but end up admiring his work, just to get caught up later on.

I kinda thought that Ward/Dawson would be a snoozer, but to my surprise, it provided enough fireworks for me to wanna watch it more than twice (once drunk on a Saturday night, and again Sunday evening when I'm sober).

Speaking of sorting socks, I haven't done that much lately. Seems to be a freakin' sock bandit around my house, or my dogs are stashing them somewhere. They'll either have holes in them, or I cant find the matching one...weird, right?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 15 2013, 01:38 AM) *
This. Idk if I will be able to catch it live but I hope I do

Live, as in, in person...or live, as in...on Saturday night's airing?

I tend to be jealous of Cali residents from time to time, since most of the west coast fights are held over there. Then I remember, those cities that us East Coast people think are only 20-30 mins apart from each other, are actually HOURS away from each other. I tend to forget just how huge Cali is, and Cali residents always seem to shock me, when they say just how far away those cities are. Lol
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2013, 01:44 PM) *
Jack, I'm going for the underdogs for the rest of the year! Lol. Something tells me that Edwin will catch Ward early, but end up admiring his work, just to get caught up later on.

I kinda thought that Ward/Dawson would be a snoozer, but to my surprise, it provided enough fireworks for me to wanna watch it more than twice (once drunk on a Saturday night, and again Sunday evening when I'm sober).

Speaking of sorting socks, I haven't done that much lately. Seems to be a freakin' sock bandit around my house, or my dogs are stashing them somewhere. They'll either have holes in them, or I cant find the matching one...weird, right?

Live, as in, in person...or live, as in...on Saturday night's airing?

I tend to be jealous of Cali residents from time to time, since most of the west coast fights are held over there. Then I remember, those cities that us East Coast people think are only 20-30 mins apart from each other, are actually HOURS away from each other. I tend to forget just how huge Cali is, and Cali residents always seem to shock me, when they say just how far away those cities are. Lol

I mean on tv. I wanted to go to this fight but no one wanted to go with me, they said their weren't enough good fighters on the card.

But there's this cat, I think he was on Hbo on a undercard, his name is brandon something. Dude impressed the Hell out of me last I saw him fight. He is one of virgils guys, he ended up getting a draw against some euro prospect but I thought he did enough for the W. And they put on a show! But yea... Definitely wanted to see ward live, I heard his crowds are pretty good
checkleft
Rodriguez two pounds overweight. He has two hours to lose it

Seriously bra? This the biggest fight of your career and you can't even make weight? Smh. I was rooting for you but now I'm having second thoughts
mrchitown
Ward will make him pay like the IRS tomorrow night, so embarrassing. I wonder if he even tried to bring the weight off. Even Dibella couldn't defend it.
flazi
im seriously thinking about going to this fight.
xxxxxx
What is Ward still doing at 168? Whats even funnier is he called out Mayweather lol Mayweather moved up to fight Oscar, Cotto & Alvarez.
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 15 2013, 09:34 PM) *
What is Ward still doing at 168? Whats even funnier is he called out Mayweather lol Mayweather moved up to fight Oscar, Cotto & Alvarez.

Whose at light heavy? 175 is just as dry as 168, he's levels above any fighter in and around his weight class. And stop acting like Floyd didn't shoot a shot his way when Andre came out in support of Guerrero. That was nothing more then gamesmanship on both parts
xxxxxx
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 15 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Whose at light heavy? 175 is just as dry as 168, he's levels above any fighter in and around his weight class. And stop acting like Floyd didn't shoot a shot his way when Andre came out in support of Guerrero. That was nothing more then gamesmanship on both parts

Ward has cleaned out the 168 division 2 years ago. He needs to test himself if he wants the top spot and draining Dawson down does not count lol The guy hasnt even been on PPV yet. Lets see how Ward handles a Stevenson.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 16 2013, 12:05 AM) *
Ward has cleaned out the 168 division 2 years ago. He needs to test himself if he wants the top spot and draining Dawson down does not count lol The guy hasnt even been on PPV yet. Lets see how Ward handles a Stevenson.

Good call. How well can Ward recover from being stunned or staggered? Floyd had one or two rocky moments. (Judah, Mosley, Castillo I.) Ward hasn't had that yet. I'm not convinced however that Rodriguez is going to provide that test. But Stevenson would be a strong test.

Jack
mgrover
Why not stick him up there with the heavyweights...
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 16 2013, 01:05 AM) *

What does the fact that he hasn't fought on ppv mean? I fail to see you point there. There are only 2 or 3 big fights at both 168 and 175. Stevenson is good but this dude done had his lights turned out by a C-level fighter. Adonis is just like Gennady, his power is his only shot at beating a fighter like Ward. Kovalev has a better chance of beating Andre then Stevenson. Don't say he drained Chad because Chad said he could make the 168 limit. You using the same excuse people use for the loss Canelo had to Mayweather Jr. I guess we can say those 2lbs really hurt him right? If Dawson doesn't count then it's a few fights of Mayweather's that don't count either. See how your logic can be turned into the truth back on you

And imo he's the number 2 P4P guy but if he hadn't of had that injury you could argue he should be number 1. 2yrs ago, like you say.eho was Floyd fighting. Fighting the likes of Ortiz and a hobbled Shane while Andre was fighting tough fight after tough fight against the likes of Kessler, Froch and on and on. I guess Guerrero was such a huge test too. He can stay at SMW and be good, a fight with Gennady is clearly where they're pushing him and possibly a fight with Chavez Jr, that clearly trumps a potential match up with the likes of the lightning quick Amir Khan. His resume in that time span you speak of his better then Floyd's.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 16 2013, 01:44 AM) *
Good call. How well can Ward recover from being stunned or staggered? Floyd had one or two rocky moments. (Judah, Mosley, Castillo I.) Ward hasn't had that yet. I'm not convinced however that Rodriguez is going to provide that test. But Stevenson would be a strong test.

Jack

Ward has been stunned a few times, he's good at not letting his opponent see it
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 16 2013, 07:28 AM) *
Why not stick him up there with the heavyweights...

Yup....making the same dumb argument that critics make for Floyd. I guess Floyd should move up to 160 if he wants to cement his legacy and really be am ATG....when Ward moves up and dusts these boogeymen that these people are so found of they're going to be calling for something else like a jump to HW. It kills me the stuff some come up with
xxxxxx
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 16 2013, 09:01 AM) *
What does the fact that he hasn't fought on ppv mean? I fail to see you point there. There are only 2 or 3 big fights at both 168 and 175. Stevenson is good but this dude done had his lights turned out by a C-level fighter. Adonis is just like Gennady, his power is his only shot at beating a fighter like Ward. Kovalev has a better chance of beating Andre then Stevenson. Don't say he drained Chad because Chad said he could make the 168 limit. You using the same excuse people use for the loss Canelo had to Mayweather Jr. I guess we can say those 2lbs really hurt him right? If Dawson doesn't count then it's a few fights of Mayweather's that don't count either. See how your logic can be turned into the truth back on you

And imo he's the number 2 P4P guy but if he hadn't of had that injury you could argue he should be number 1. 2yrs ago, like you say.eho was Floyd fighting. Fighting the likes of Ortiz and a hobbled Shane while Andre was fighting tough fight after tough fight against the likes of Kessler, Froch and on and on. I guess Guerrero was such a huge test too. He can stay at SMW and be good, a fight with Gennady is clearly where they're pushing him and possibly a fight with Chavez Jr, that clearly trumps a potential match up with the likes of the lightning quick Amir Khan. His resume in that time span you speak of his better then Floyd's.

It means he aint made it yet...
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 16 2013, 09:25 AM) *
It means he aint made it yet...

Dumbest damn logic ever. RJJ was never a PPV magnet. Same for Mosley and Hopkins. If fighting on a PPV is making it then then maybe the sport is doomed
Franchize
Only when you're a black fighter do you have to leave your division to "prove yourself" even while being top 3 P4P. Everyone is always talkin about who they should go up and fight. Nobody asks themselves what the fuck did said fighters do? I thought when you're at the top, people are supposed to come to you. Not the other way around. Ward and Floyd don't need to prove shit. Everyone else does. There should be a tournament to fight them lol Fuck it. Tired of all these dudes getting 1 or 2 signature wins and people acting like they're the baddest chick at the club lol.

BTW, fuck you Edwin Rodriguez (yet another fighter who walks around feeling entitled). Talked all that shit about Andre Ward needing you blah blah blah. Biggest fight of your career and you fail to make weight by 2 pounds? I hope Andre Ward makes him pay heftily for that shit. To the point where coins comes out his ass like Sonic.

Sorry guys. My Knicks are lookin like shit. I'm a bit on edge lol

Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 16 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Dumbest damn logic ever. RJJ was never a PPV magnet. Same for Mosley and Hopkins. If fighting on a PPV is making it then then maybe the sport is doomed

To your point, other than Pacquiao and Mayweather, nobody really is nowadays. Maybe Cotto? Canelo someday? PPV stardom is a rarity so if "making it" is defined by being a PPV star then you can count on one hand who actually has.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.