Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye Advised to Retire (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
Sad to see the Tuaman leave but it was high time for him to do it.

I will always remember his devastating left hook and the fight against John Ruiz in which he just annihilated the 'Boring man'. I thought he killed him with that left that spun Ruiz's head around when he was falling. Talk about devastation...

I think he was one of the most overlooked and feared dudes in the HW division. Sure, he was ridiculed by Lennox, but I admire his heart and determination. He boasts a great record of 52-5-2 and faced solid opposition.

May he enjoy his retirement and here is hoping he won't come back to tarnish what hes accomplished.

mrchitown
Tua in his prime was not to be messed with
xxxxxx
Tua was one of the better Heavyweights Not to win a World Title. Very fun fighter to watch though.
Franchize
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 16 2013, 07:34 AM) *
Sad to see the Tuaman leave but it was high time for him to do it.

I will always remember his devastating left hook and the fight against John Ruiz in which he just annihilated the 'Boring man'. I thought he killed him with that left that spun Ruiz's head around when he was falling. Talk about devastation...

I think he was one of the most overlooked and feared dudes in the HW division. Sure, he was ridiculed by Lennox, but I admire his heart and determination. He boasts a great record of 52-5-2 and faced solid opposition.

May he enjoy his retirement and here is hoping he won't come back to tarnish what hes accomplished.

Ruiz was on the ground looking like he was peeking around a corner lol black eye.gif ouch
The Original MrFactor
this retirement 10 years ago?? Shoulda been... Tua was fun to watch. Good contender. Always a threat to knock someone's head off. His fight with Ike Ibeabuchi was one of the best fights I've ever seen.
BrutUalBK
What are your thoughts on the announcement of David Haye retiring, why did he decide now?
Franchize
I think it's sad. I personally think Haye took way too much flack for the whole "toe" incident. Till this day, Dan Rafael and others have made that synonymous with Haye's name. He's not the only person to blame a loss on an injury. Shane Mosley still talks about his toe and foot injuries as the reason he lost to Floyd AND Manny. I actually saw David Haye's toe looking broke after his fight. I can't say the same for other excuse makers. I was as disappointed as anyone that day, but I think it was way overblown. I thought he looked very impressive in his win vs Chisora. He's a good fighter and I think he would have beat Fury.
Cshel86
Never liked Haye...he never truly delivered when it came down to it. He was always content with blowing smoke up the asses of boxing fans, and those phantom injuries of his before meaningful fights, did him no justice.

I wont take much more away from him, but on this end, he wont be missed.

Jack 1000
According to The Telegraph.co.uk. David Haye underwent shoulder surgery in Germany. Doctors have advised him to retire from boxing:

Story here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/otherspor...in-Germany.html

Jack
checkleft
This sucks, I really wanted to see the fury fight.. but I guess a higher power didn't, first the cut now this? This fight wasn't meant to be I guess. Just when haye was actually beginning to interest me
xxxxxx
First Tua & now Haye. Very disappointing we aren't going to see Haye-Fury, I was looking forward to that one. We may see Haye in the future though after some time goes by, we've all seen it before.
mrchitown
As they say in the street "fuck'em and everybody that love'em"... Haye was the John Starks of boxing, constantly talking big shit but choking when it counted the most. he was an exciting and dynamic fighter but he pulled off one of the most shitty performances in HW history. I'm not giving him no pass for an alleged toe injury. When you degrade your opponent as much as he did and put up a bad effort, he doesn't deserve to get let off easily. I was looking forward to the Fury fight, especially after his performance against Chisora. I picked him to beat Fury but bit just wasn't meant to be. Sucks for him to retire that way but he won't be missed
mgrover
I personally think he was being a bitch about the broken toe thing. I broke my big toe and while sure it was painful, it wasn't excruciating that I stopped putting force on it.
Kratza
I was looking forward to this fight and I really don't believe Haye is ducking as a lot are claiming... He gets a lot of unneeded hate
mgrover
QUOTE (Kratza @ Nov 18 2013, 10:07 PM) *
I was looking forward to this fight and I really don't believe Haye is ducking as a lot are claiming... He gets a lot of unneeded hate

I don't think he ducked Fury either, just can't stand the cunt.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 18 2013, 06:13 PM) *
I don't think he ducked Fury either, just can't stand the cunt.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.