Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jermain Taylor Plans Ring Return December 14
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I think this is ill-advised, especially in the light of recent near ring accidents in boxing. At least I can see, it's just not necessary for him to be fighting anymore.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/jermain-ta...ember-14-231455

Jack
Franchize
SMH
The Original MrFactor
Does he need the money?? Gifted athlete. Inept boxer.
xxxxxx
Taylor was on top of the world at one point, but got derailed by Pavlik and hasn't been the same. He lost a couple tough ones after Pavlik that he was winning if I remember correctly. Taylor seems like a good dude, I hope he plays it safe while he continues his career.
AZWildCat
They'll try an throw him to the lions after that fight! GBP is good for that! I know he made a few investments so I bout its the money .his wife is a world class athelet as well if i remember right..pride is sometimes more of a bargaining factor then some Franklin's he desperately wants to be "that dude" again. competitive nature is a hard flame to extinguish . best of luck to him its his life let em live it.

Gambit808
Hard to tell a man to quit something he's good at. Something that's been around him for most of his life and is the most lucrative way to feed him and his fam. Keep feeding him over-matched journeymen to build him back into contention and lets see what he has left for the sport he once stood at the top of.
checkleft
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 19 2013, 12:00 PM) *
Taylor was on top of the world at one point, but got derailed by Pavlik and hasn't been the same. He lost a couple tough ones after Pavlik that he was winning if I remember correctly. Taylor seems like a good dude, I hope he plays it safe while he continues his career.

He almost kod pavlic, but Kelly got back up and laid it on him heavy. I think he did good the second time around to
mrchitown
Like others I wish he'd just retire. The writing was always on the wall, he ain't beat Bernard twice. He lost that 2nd fight to Bernard and really he ain't done shit since then. Fights against Ouma, he struggled against Cory Spinks who probably would've won if he didn't play call of duty so much lol. Winky beat him but he escaped that one and then Pavlik just put the nail in the coffin. I've always liked JT but he got to a point where he was feeling himself too much and he got humbled in the worse way possible. Now he wants to keep fighting, I hope he fights C and D-level competition because the top tier isn't for him anymore. Jeff Lacy is fighting on November 30th, go figure lol
Cshel86
Jermain "Bad Decisions" Taylor
xxxxxx
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 19 2013, 07:52 PM) *
He almost kod pavlic, but Kelly got back up and laid it on him heavy. I think he did good the second time around to

I remember that. It was a great fight and turn around by Pavlik. Taylor almost had him out of there, but ran out of gas after Pavlik got up.
emd01
Oh no...

JTs problem is his conditioning. He's always a monster the first half of the fight. He was kicking Frochs ass before he KOed JT. He has what I like to call The "RJJ Disorder" now SMDH.
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 19 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Like others I wish he'd just retire. The writing was always on the wall, he ain't beat Bernard twice. He lost that 2nd fight to Bernard and really he ain't done shit since then. Fights against Ouma, he struggled against Cory Spinks who probably would've won if he didn't play call of duty so much lol. Winky beat him but he escaped that one and then Pavlik just put the nail in the coffin. I've always liked JT but he got to a point where he was feeling himself too much and he got humbled in the worse way possible. Now he wants to keep fighting, I hope he fights C and D-level competition because the top tier isn't for him anymore. Jeff Lacy is fighting on November 30th, go figure lol

LMAO... CHI.. he lost Spinks.. hahaha.. that was the last time spinks looked good in the ring. I knew Taylor was done when he struggled with Cory Spinks... Spinks was robbed laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 25 2013, 11:39 PM) *
LMAO... CHI.. he lost Spinks.. hahaha.. that was the last time spinks looked good in the ring. I knew Taylor was done when he struggled with Cory Spinks... Spinks was robbed laugh.gif

I'm glad you went there because I didn't want to but he did lose to Spinks lol, the writing was on the wall a gift against Cory and he got a gift in that fight with Winky
checkleft
He had quite a bit of trouble with winky if I remember correctly. But winky was never a walk in the park
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 26 2013, 02:52 AM) *
He had quite a bit of trouble with winky if I remember correctly. But winky was never a walk in the park

More than a bit. Winky got robbed.

To add to everyone's disappointment, I hear Jeff Lacy is coming back. laugh.gif thumbsdown_anim.gif He was the last slugger I was a fan of smh. Every once in a while you have to admit stupidity and say "you know what, I deserved that." That was my moment lol.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 26 2013, 02:52 AM) *

For anybody

cool.gif
Jack 1000
Updated article on Jermain Taylor: (Credit Yahoo Sports.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/jerma...08827--box.html

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.