Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AweTV:Froch vs. Groves@3PM(ET)/12PM(PT)-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all discussion of Unified Super Middleweight Champion Carol Froch's title defense against hard punching George Groves! It's on Awe TV this afternoon! These two have talked some pretty good shit! Awe TV used to be Wealth TV. If your provider does not carry Awe TV, here is a registration link where you can legally watch the fight on-line:

https://wealthtv.com/subscribe/register.php

Jack
Gambit808
I'm going with Froch here by Decision. I think his experience at this stage should be the x factor in this fight. I would love to see Chavez-Froch if they both pull off with a win in there fights, than I would with Ward-Chavez at this point. Ward's just to good right now and a fight with Chavez Jr. would be Huge and full of fireworks.
Cshel86
This Naseem Hamed interview is hard to watch. When a motherfucker gets so fat after their career...its hard to watch them. His prediction is "pro Froch" and he said that he'd be surprised if Groves past 3 or 4 rounds. He's lifting Froch up, like he's his brother-in-law or somethin'.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Finally...they're making their way to the ring...

I've never seen Groves fight, but it sounds like Froch is gonna slay him. Who knows though...
Cshel86
WHOA!!!
Cshel86
DOWN GOES FROCH FROM A RIGHT HAND BY GROVES!!! SHIT!

Gambit808
Damn Froch down in the 1st round!
Cshel86
Both guys jabbed throughout and it looked as though Groves couldn't get out of the way of Froch's. They both landed right hands, but Groves finished it.
Cshel86
Froch looked like he was still trying to recover in the 2nd. Groves was beating him to the punch, and it seems like Froch is slow and groggy. I get nervous as shit during exchanges, because I can see Froch getting countered and dropped...he's just too damn slow to exchange...not to mention that his hands are always down.

That overhand right is money for Groves
Cshel86
Froch had a good moment in the 3rd, but he still looks hesitant. Groves just steps in with that overhand right, but Froch's head is there to be hit.
Gambit808
Real good scrap so far but the momentum is still with Groves.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:00 PM) *
Real good scrap so far but the momentum is still with Groves.

Right. The 4th is in the air, because nothing is happening...yet...
Cshel86
Great, my fuckin' stream just froze up. Smh
Cshel86
Who won the 4th? This shitty stream failed on me, but it's back for the 5th
Gambit808
I never liked when Froch squares up when he flurries. A nice counter off that would floor him again if Groves times it right.
Cshel86
Froch aint settin' up shit..he just wants to stalk and windmill his way to a TKO.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:06 PM) *
I never liked when Froch squares up when he flurries. A nice counter off that would floor him again if Groves times it right.

And that's the troof
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:04 PM) *
Who won the 4th? This shitty stream failed on me, but it's back for the 5th

4th i'd say could have went to Froch, but he respects Groves now.
Gambit808
SEE HE'S HURT AGAIN! Squaring up and flurring and he got caught.

DAMN THIS ROUND IS CRAAAZY!
Cshel86
Froch was about to go in the 6th...as Gambit mentioned, this mofo is squared up while throwing those flurries. I dont give a damn how much balls you have, you just dont fight like a silly cunt, and expect a pat on the back.

Honestly, it seems like Groves is wearing down himself...
Cshel86
If Groves doesn't get Froch outta there, then I can see this turning into Cotto/Margarito 1. Groves looks like he's slowing down and wondering why Froch is still in front of him, though he's hitting him at will.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:17 PM) *
If Groves doesn't get Froch outta there, then I can see this turning into Cotto/Margarito 1. Groves looks like he's slowing down and wondering why Froch is still in front of him, though he's hitting him at will.

I agree
Cshel86
Froch is still getting caught flush, but he aint goin' nowhere. Groves was falling victim to Froch's dirty tactics in the 5th, and can we all agree that Froch is warming up and setting something up with this windmilling shit?
Jack 1000
What are unofficial scores at this point?

Jack
Gambit808
WOW!
Cshel86
WHOA! What kind of stoppage was that in the 9th??? Groves getting hit, but damn. C'mon man...
Gambit808
Bullshit home court stoppage SMH.
Cshel86
That was a bullshit stoppage man. If that was the case, then the ref should've stopped it when Froch was getting his ass handed to him several times throughout the fight. Wow...

no2.gif

That last left hook from Froch slooooowed Groves down, but he still should've been given a chance to continue
Gambit808
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:22 PM) *

Jack

I had Groves up by 2, giving Froch the 3rd, 4th, 8th, and 9th. Bullshit stoppage though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:22 PM) *

Jack

Jack, I didn't even bother to score it, because I knew that somebody was gonna get stopped...but the way it was stopped, is a bit disappointing.
Cshel86
Froch is such a dick. This post-fight interview says it all. HIS ass should've been on the losing end tonight. Froch is a dog in the ring, but it's hard to feel bad for him when he comes up short as he almost did tonight, but he was given a gift, and he commences to being an asshole?! Smh
mgrover
coming all the way from amsterdam haha, questionable stoppage but groves turned away from froch, was the ref just supposed to let froch start beating on his side?

also whenever froch had groves on the ropes the ref intervened for whatever reason. like when groves hit froch to the back of the head, froch and went landed two shots and could of kept going, but the ref chose then to stop and warn groves. so i doubt he was in anyones pocket
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 23 2013, 06:39 PM) *
Froch is such a dick. This post-fight interview says it all. HIS ass should've been on the losing end tonight. Froch is a dog in the ring, but it's hard to feel bad for him when he comes up short as he almost did tonight, but he was given a gift, and he commences to being an asshole?! Smh

Mainly do to the fact that Groves succeeded in getting into his head prefight. I figured at most it was Groves just talkin cash but he really showed something tonight. Man, I just hate when good fights are stopped prematurely in a championship fights. After tonight Froch shouldn't even have Ward's name in his mouth and just sell this rematch demand.
mrchitown
Pissed I missed it but reading the comments Froch was an asshole...never thought I'd type that sentence with Carl's name in it lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 23 2013, 05:51 PM) *
coming all the way from amsterdam haha, questionable stoppage but groves turned away from froch, was the ref just supposed to let froch start beating on his side?

also whenever froch had groves on the ropes the ref intervened for whatever reason. like when groves hit froch to the back of the head, froch and went landed two shots and could of kept going, but the ref chose then to stop and warn groves. so i doubt he was in anyones pocket

I didn't see it. But wait if Groves turned his back when he was hurt, that is usually taken as a sign of surrender.

Jack
mgrover
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 24 2013, 12:21 AM) *
I didn't see it. But wait if Groves turned his back when he was hurt, that is usually taken as a sign of surrender.

Jack

he could of just been off balance, then the ref holds him and waves it off but the position he was in he couldnt protect himself a second or two would of given us a much better answer also remember virgil hunter said froch would struggle, man knows his shit
Jack 1000
The worst premature stoppage since Tyson-Rudduck I! That was BS. Howard Foster took charge like it was two little girls in a pillow fight there. Disgusting! You can not and do not stop a fight of this magnitude when Groves and Froch fought this courageously! That ref was SHIT! I had it 5-3 for Groves at the stoppage. What a great fight! Ruined by a POS ref!

Jack
emd01
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 24 2013, 01:57 PM) *
The worst premature stoppage since Tyson-Rudduck I! That was BS. Howard Foster took charge like it was two little girls in a pillow fight there. Disgusting! You can not and do not stop a fight of this magnitude when Groves and Froch fought this courageously! That ref was SHIT! I had it 5-3 for Groves at the stoppage. What a great fight! Ruined by a POS ref!

Jack

Pretty much everything I was thinking during the stoppage.
Jack 1000
More potential controversy,

A fan of ref Howard Foster's Facebook page predicted a TKO/KO in the 9th round with a comment. Foster "liked" that comment, and it has been posted on Twitter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/ar...rge-Groves.html

Jack
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 25 2013, 11:43 PM) *
More potential controversy,

A fan of ref Howard Foster's Facebook page predicted a TKO/KO in the 9th round with a comment. Foster "liked" that comment, and it has been posted on Twitter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/ar...rge-Groves.html

Jack

This came out soon after the fight ended, seems fishy. Regardless of this, I think the ref should be investigated
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 25 2013, 10:56 PM) *
This came out soon after the fight ended, seems fishy. Regardless of this, I think the ref should be investigated

I agree. Will anything be done? No. Best choice of action at the rules meeting for future BBC fights is to protest Mr. Foster's appointment with concern that he stopped this fight too soon. This ref will need to work a few more non-title fights giving fighters fair chances to recover without quick stoppages to save his reputation.

Terrible stoppage!

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 23 2013, 07:51 PM) *

I'm gonna catch some flac but I gotta agree with you here.. stoppage wasn't that bad. If anything it just robbed froch of a ko or tko later in the fight, groves didn't seem all there and was slowing down. Good fight none the less and froch said groves earned a rematch with his performance. Some bad blood building and a good fight, I'm down for a sequel.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 26 2013, 01:36 AM) *
I agree. Will anything be done? No. Best choice of action at the rules meeting for future BBC fights is to protest Mr. Foster's appointment with concern that he stopped this fight too soon. This ref will need to work a few more non-title fights giving fighters fair chances to recover without quick stoppages to save his reputation.

Terrible stoppage!

Jack

I agree, he needs to work his way back into fights of that magnitude. I've had a chance to look at it and Groves wasn't out on his feet or anything. Looking at it when the ref stopped it, Groves had already recovered. He was robbed of a well deserved victory. Froch and some believe he would've stopped Groves later in the fight even if the ref hadn't of did what he did but bi disagree because Froch was fading badly. It's not like he was facing Jermain Taylor in there. Groves was working him over good for the majority of the fight. All Carl had to hang his hat on was he was beginning to land a bit more.

If they have a rematch. I got Groves by KO. I think Froch is done as a top fighter
Cshel86
Still laughing at how Groves had Froch on the canvas, like he pulled a rug from under him. That shit humbled me, from my couch...

laugh.gif
mgrover
People make it sound like its the worst stoppage ever. Watch it slowly, he takes a few clean punches 2-3 max IMO, gets off the ropes, and stumbles into the ref.
Jack 1000
I Tweeted to the WBA/IBF about the stoppage. The WBA responded back sort of what Froch said that the ref has to make a decision in seconds with regards to protecting the boxers. Agree that the ref has to take the job of protecting the boxers into account. But I think the magnetude of the fight allong with the intensity of the fight has to be taken into account. This was at no time a beating. It was a termendous two-sided contest.

It's fights like this where I wish the rules would bring back the standing eight count as an option without a knockdown. To prevent abuse of the rule, it can only be used once per round per fighter. This is where the ref can step in and do an eight count without a knockdown to see if the fighter is OK. This sends a message to the fighter that the ref thinks he is stricken and that a stoppage could be soon. The judges would count the standing eight count as a knockdown 10-8.

I would like to see more refs in-between rounds say, "You have to show me something in the next round, or I am going to stop this." If a standing eight count was in effect, Howard Foster could have applied it and George Groves could have communicated "I'm alright ref." during the eight count. The ref probably would have left the fight continue and maybe Groves would have recovered, or maybe on the next sequence of punches had Foster stopped it after the eight count, it would have made the stoppage more understandable and less debatable.

Jack
mrchitown
The stoppage was questionable. Get over it! The overwhelming majority of boxing thinks it was a BS stoppage, everybody can't be wrong. Fuck Froch too, guys a complete dick head. I only give him credit for knowing when it's time to get out. He says he wants to fight one last time and in Vegas. Hopefully it's against Ward, I want to see the excuses he has for another embarrassment at the hands of the same man

His days of being an top fighter are over. I say throw him, Shane, Toney and RJJ on the same card and call it "the retirement party"
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 28 2013, 11:10 PM) *
I Tweeted to the WBA/IBF about the stoppage. The WBA responded back sort of what Froch said that the ref has to make a decision in seconds with regards to protecting the boxers. Agree that the ref has to take the job of protecting the boxers into account. But I think the magnetude of the fight allong with the intensity of the fight has to be taken into account. This was at no time a beating. It was a termendous two-sided contest.

It's fights like this where I wish the rules would bring back the standing eight count as an option without a knockdown. To prevent abuse of the rule, it can only be used once per round per fighter. This is where the ref can step in and do an eight count without a knockdown to see if the fighter is OK. This sends a message to the fighter that the ref thinks he is stricken and that a stoppage could be soon. The judges would count the standing eight count as a knockdown 10-8.

I would like to see more refs in-between rounds say, "You have to show me something in the next round, or I am going to stop this." If a standing eight count was in effect, Howard Foster could have applied it and George Groves could have communicated "I'm alright ref." during the eight count. The ref probably would have left the fight continue and maybe Groves would have recovered, or maybe on the next sequence of punches had Foster stopped it after the eight count, it would have made the stoppage more understandable and less debatable.

Jack

Smart idea
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 29 2013, 10:05 PM) *
The stoppage was questionable. Get over it! The overwhelming majority of boxing thinks it was a BS stoppage, everybody can't be wrong. Fuck Froch too, guys a complete dick head. I only give him credit for knowing when it's time to get out. He says he wants to fight one last time and in Vegas. Hopefully it's against Ward, I want to see the excuses he has for another embarrassment at the hands of the same man

His days of being an top fighter are over. I say throw him, Shane, Toney and RJJ on the same card and call it "the retirement party"

Hes knowhere near as gone as Shane, Toney or RJJ. But yeah he's getting schooled by Ward.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Hes knowhere near as gone as Shane, Toney or RJJ. But yeah he's getting schooled by Ward.

To me he is because he doesn't have 3% of their talent at his highest point in his career. The reason their so far past it is because they keep fighting. Froch will be the same way if he keeps fighting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.