Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao vs. Rios-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all the action and post-fight reactions to Manny Pacquaio's fight with Brandon Rios! Keep everything in this thread!

Jack

Administrator
xxxxxx
I broke down and ordered the fight, now lets see some fireworks!
xxxxxx
Does anybody have any knowledge of the undercard fighters? It doesn't look to appealing. Hope they produce good fights.
Gambit808
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 23 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Does anybody have any knowledge of the undercard fighters? It doesn't look to appealing. Hope they produce good fights.

The answer follows your question man lol, but I think 50 cent's fighter Billy Dib is rematching Gradovich, the guy who beat him in his debut here will be the co- main event, and then there's China's own Zou Shiming fighting some guy I don't know. Maybe he'll get his first KO as a pro, who knows. dntknw.gif I think there's two more fights on the undercard but those guys I named are who most familiar with. I'll tell u one thing though, 70$ I don't feel is worth it so luckily a know a bar around my way that's showing this PPV.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 23 2013, 05:16 PM) *
The answer follows your question man lol, but I think 50 cent's fighter Billy Dib is rematching Gradovich, the guy who beat him in his debut here will be the co- main event, and then there's China's own Zou Shiming fighting some guy I don't know. Maybe he'll get his first KO as a pro, who knows. dntknw.gif I think there's two more fights on the undercard but those guys I named are who most familiar with. I'll tell u one thing though, 70$ I don't feel is worth it so luckily a know a bar around my way that's showing this PPV.

Thanks for the honesty lol
Cshel86
Not sure how I feel about this undercard...oh yes I do...the fights are garbage (on paper). However, they may produce fireworks. We'll either see Billy Dib fade out in the mid to late rounds (as he always does), or he'll stay focused and finish strong...I'm hoping for the latter. Anybody with the last name "Ruiz", makes me wanna engage in self-harm behavior.

I don't know how Rios fairs tonight, hopefully he forces a phone booth fight, without taking too much damage coming in...I may be asking for a lot here, lol. As I've stated in recent threads...I've never seen Manny forced to fight on the inside, so Rios is gonna have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to make that happen.

We all know that Manny's a decent boxer nowadays, only if the guy across from him isn't just as good. That right hand from Manny is gonna be the difference maker in this one...Im almost willing to bet that the left hand wont be as much of a factor tonight.

Manny needs to be careful Rios's sneaky little overhand right that he throws when backing out a clinch/exchange, and he can also throw it on the way in. The footwork in the fight goes to Manny, hands down. As a matter of fact, Manny's footwork aint the greatest in the world, so for me to say that he has that advantage tonight, tells you just how bad Rios's footwork is.

Anyhow, the wise answer here, is predict a TKO in favor of Manny. Since I'm going for the underdog for the remainder of this year, I'll take Rios by TKO in the 5th. Shoot me...
Gambit808
I predict that by the end of this fight, one of these guys are gonna have that Floyd Weatherton itis come post fight interview...

I'm going with Manny by 4th round TKO.
mgrover
someone post here when pac and rios are walking to ring
xxxxxx
I've seen enough Pacquiao-Rios 24/7 now. Lets get this PPV underway!
xxxxxx
First fight will be 6 round Lightweight fight between Felix Verdejo-Petchsamuthr Duanaaymukdahan.
KSUN247
Predicting Bam-Bam Rios via TKO in 10. Think Manny bloodies Rios up early, but gets caught with uppercut late to hurt Manny and eventually gets the stoppage. Lots of pressure on Manny in this fight. Fighting for his people in the PI. Also, needs to show he can bounce back from that brutal KO to Marquez. Rios with the upset win.
xxxxxx
Felix Verdejo got some skills, nice prospect. Good height and reach for lightweight (5-9, 72 inch). Dominant UD Win for Verdejo.
xxxxxx
Next fight will be 6 round Flyweight fight between Zou Shiming-Juan Tozcano.
Cshel86
Still hate Shiming's footwork...
jtiizzle
Zou looks way better tho
Cshel86
Zou should've had this dude outta here...not impressed...
pimpfighterROQ
is Pacquiao wearing blue trunks again? He looks like shieettt whenever he fights with blue trunks...
xxxxxx
Zou Shiming Wins every round and gets UD.
pimpfighterROQ
Not impressed with Shimming. Why can't Arum get a better younger Chinese fighter...
xxxxxx
Next fight will be 10 round Heavyweight fight between Andy Ruiz Jr-Tor Hamer.
Cshel86
Look at all of these man titties and love handles in the HW division

no2.gif
pimpfighterROQ
this kid makes Chris Arreola look fit...
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Nov 23 2013, 10:17 PM) *
this kid makes Chris Arreola look fit...

laugh.gif
sduck
both these guys got a chin, holy shit
sduck
Ruiz got this
pimpfighterROQ
Jigglypuff getting through now..
Cshel86
WHAT?! He quit???

Oh well...NEXT!
pimpfighterROQ
corner stopped the fight.
Cshel86
"C'mon Max! C'mon Max!" - RJJ

laugh.gif
sduck
I like Ruiz.
KSUN247
Tor Hammer quits on his stool. Thought he won the first two rounds. He took some big shots, but looked like he could continue. Ruiz took his heart in that fight.
Cshel86
Hamer's NEEEEEVER gonna another fuckin fight, and this is true. How can you fight on a stage this big, then quit?! Asshole...
sduck
Them ring girl models...god damn.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 23 2013, 10:34 PM) *

Right! Arum put up some money for some boob jobs, teeth cleaning, and hair appointments...he did a good job!
xxxxxx
Wladamir Klitschko would handle Andy Ruiz Jr. within 6 rounds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 23 2013, 10:36 PM) *
Wladamir Klitschko would handle Andy Ruiz Jr. within 6 rounds.

Within 2...
Cshel86
Let's watch Billy Dib screw himself tonight...
xxxxxx
1 more fight and then we get some Fireworks! Pacquiao gonna land some leather in this one. Rios Does have heart & chin no doubt. He can also put some pressure on and be aggressive, but Pacquiao gonna use his quick feet and legs to confuse Rios. Rios won't quit, but Ref/corner could stop this 11-12.
sduck
I'm calling it, Pacquiao by KO/TKO.
xxxxxx
Wasn't this Bill Dibb in the middle of the Mayweather /TMT Promotions and 50 cent situation about 1 year ago?
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 23 2013, 10:42 PM) *
Wasn't this Bill Dibb in the middle of the Mayweather /TMT Promotions and 50 cent situation about 1 year ago?

Yes he was! He's been in the middle of a lot lately...in the middle of not knowing when to fight and when to take it easy...all of that stuff. Lol
xxxxxx
what do you guys think of a trainer coaching the corner in multiple fights in a night? Do you think it is a positive or negative? Robert Garcia did it, but Roach didn't
Hotsauce
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 23 2013, 11:34 PM) *

They thick like serena?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 23 2013, 11:44 PM) *
Yes he was! He's been in the middle of a lot lately...in the middle of not knowing when to fight and when to take it easy...all of that stuff. Lol

Well apparently Dibb made a poor decision leaving TMT.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 23 2013, 10:48 PM) *
what do you guys think of a trainer coaching the corner in multiple fights in a night? Do you think it is a positive or negative? Robert Garcia did it, but Roach didn't

I would say that it was a rookie mistake on Robert's part, but the fact that Rios's dad is back there, sorta eases the situation.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 23 2013, 10:51 PM) *
Well apparently Dibb made a poor decision leaving TMT.

I think that TMT got the better of the situation. Dibb has never been able to step up and get over that hump, that will make people believe that he can be the next star. Lol
xxxxxx
I watched the Diego Corrales-Robert Garcia Lightweight Championship today. Garcia has some skills even though he lost his Title in that one.
Cshel86
Seems like Dibb really doesn't even wanna fight anymore, but that's just me...
Cshel86
Dibb is about to go...

...soon...
xxxxxx
Tough fight to score here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.