Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shane Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Franchize
Yea so Shane Mosley just lost to Anthony Mundine. He pulled out of the fight due to back spasms. From all accounts I've read, he was getting worked anyway. Should Shane go ahead and hang em up? I say yes. #1 He'll tarnish his legacy a la Roy Jones if he loses to too many Anthony Mundines going forward. #2 He seems to be unable to stay healthy. #3 Is it worth getting hit when you just had a fight on a Tuesday morning? LOL I mean seriously, did anyone else know this shit was taking place today? laugh.gif
AZWildCat
Espn3 covered it ....Mosley landed a few working that now pitiful pitty pat range check jab lol and a few rights. not to many worth mention . mundine was just the younger healthier fighter and it showed. stopping on the stool was Shane way of saving face and not getting stopped in mid fight. he should have left this fight alone after all the contract mess. .........sidenote (brotha naz was 110% correct. canelo is not the next golden boy.... he should have done Shane in before the 5th...redisintroublewhenspeakingabouttopcomp)
The Original MrFactor
I havent seen the fight yet. I'm gonna try to download it. Just from the outset, Mundine looked waaaay to big for Mosley. I thought it was a bad matchup for Mosley. In the past Mosley has had extreme difficulty with guys much bigger than him. Vernon Forest and Winky Wright come to mind. Mundine looked much bigger than both of them. From the pics I saw, Mundine looked like he was at least 175 in there with the height of Bernard Hopkins. Mosley didnt have a chance when the fight was signed. Anyone know the unofficial weights??

I think Mosley is clearly past it. However, if he needs money, there are guys at 147 that he can match up well with. Would still like to see him and Mayweather Jr Jr, Judah, Berto, Matthyse, Garcia, Khan, Maidana. I still think he beats Berto and looks good doing so. He and Judah is a pick em. i think he really tests those younger guys making the jump from 140.

mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 27 2013, 02:20 PM) *
I havent seen the fight yet. I'm gonna try to download it. Just from the outset, Mundine looked waaaay to big for Mosley. I thought it was a bad matchup for Mosley. In the past Mosley has had extreme difficulty with guys much bigger than him. Vernon Forest and Winky Wright come to mind. Mundine looked much bigger than both of them. From the pics I saw, Mundine looked like he was at least 175 in there with the height of Bernard Hopkins. Mosley didnt have a chance when the fight was signed. Anyone know the unofficial weights??

I think Mosley is clearly past it. However, if he needs money, there are guys at 147 that he can match up well with. Would still like to see him and Mayweather Jr Jr, Judah, Berto, Matthyse, Garcia, Khan, Maidana. I still think he beats Berto and looks good doing so. He and Judah is a pick em. i think he really tests those younger guys making the jump from 140.

Shane is done. It's over, finished, in the bag and any other way you can say it. He's washed...

You crazy as hell. He can't beat anyone of the guys you named. Anyone who would favor or give Shane a sizeable chance against those you mentioned are idiots. Broner would stop him before he got a chance to quit, Judah would rock his world too. Khan is too quick for him and Danny and Marcos would take him on a wide UD
Cshel86
Shane who?
xxxxxx
You can't erase or take away what the guy has accomplished. With that said, if he's financially able to retire, than I believe it's time to Retire unless he fights 1 more against a journeyman to retire with a victory.
DigitalBoom
Been a good career, the writing has been on the wall for a while. He could fetch a good bit of money for that big bear house he has if it came to it.
HyyerBlaze
Hahaha guy needs to retire.Had a great career but should have never cheated with steroids.Guy always got handed title fights.Time for him to go away
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.